• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Top Ten Alola Pokémon? Top Ten Alola Pokémon.

Tsareena

Not a whole lot to say here since I hadn't really used it too much, but this lady is POTENT. Stomp, Trop Kick, High Jump Kick...and she's a mangosteen. If there's one fruit that's sorely underappreciated, it's the mangosteen. Or the persimmon.
Oranguru

Sadly didn't get to use him like I'd planned to in the main game...poor guy just isn't built for singles. Doubles though? Watch out. King Louie's the King of the Swingers and the Jungle VIP. Instruct is a great move and he's a great Trick Room setter. And he has an amazing design.
Lunala

Nebby :')
I never nickname ANYTHING outside of Nuzlockes, especially not legendaries. That being said, this Lunala is forever Nebby. So pretty, and Ghost-Psychic is a neat typing.
Drampa

Man Drampa is adorable. Easily my second favorite Dragon after Altaria. He loves and protects children and has such a great move pool. It's a shame he isn't available until THE LAST AREA OF THE GAME or else I'd have used him during the story. :(
Decidueye

My second favorite of the starters. Legowlas. Clint Barnowl. Owliver Queen. Robin Hoot. William Talon. Viriowl.
Awesome design, Smash potential, Ghost type, and Spirit Shackle. A damn cool 'Mon.
Toucannon

The true Angry Bird. Man do I love Toucannon. It was my first capture, too...a Skill Link Pikipek. Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Roost, and Beak Blast. Beak Blast especially. Beak Blast is great. Toucans are great. Toucannon is easily in my top three early birds with Talonflame and male Unfezant.
Primarina

Best Alola Starter. Water-Fairy helped a ton. From the moment you pick up Popplio in your arms in the beginning of the game...I knew I made the right choice. Bwark bwark indeed, little sealion dude. And then it becomes a singer. :D I sing too, so that's neat. Granted Primarina is a Soprano I and I'm a Bass II but still. Sparkling Aria (and Oceanic Operetta by extension) are awesome, and he gets Moon Blast and Hyper Voice to boot!
Dhelmise

"Anchor! Where's my giant rusty anchor?"
Lodged in my heart, Mr. Krabs. That's where. Dhelmise is amazing. Effectively has three stabs, amazing stats, a really cool cry, a fantastic signature move in Anchor Shot, and a Ghost type. He didn't join until Poni, but he quickly became a mainstay. Power Whip also DECIMATED Hapu's Mudsdale. Speaking of which...
Mudsdale

What a great Pokémon. Let me gush for a bit about Stamina...it saved me countless times. Such a good ability. High Horsepower is a great move for Doubles since it is effectively a single target Earthquake without the spread damage reduction. RIP Hau's Alolan Raichu too. Clydesdales are my favorite horse, and I love donkeys, so having a donkey evolve into a Clydesdale was perfect for me. Mudsdale was always there when times got tough to take down bulkier Pokémon...or to overkill Fairies with Heavy Slam. RIP Lusamine's Clefable.
Ribombee

Little guy is right in my avatar. What can I say? Quiver Dance is great. Pollen Puff is great. Dazzling Gleam is great. Twinkle Tackle is the least manly thing ever and I love it. This thing swept Hala's entire team despite being a level beneath them at the time and made so many important battles look like jokes. Ribombee has secured a place as one of my favorite Pokémon of all time...and I originally didn't intend to use it. Ribombee was by all means the surprise MVP.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hell, even a Fatal Frame protagonist is better than Reckless Wii Safety Man.

Wait, I really need to get my beauty sleep for the night...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The Wii Fit Trainer is an actual character from a successful franchise with an actual logical basis for her in game properties and inclusion based on her franchise.

The Reckless Safety Man is a picture.
True I suppose though the Reckless Safety Guy thing is still a Nintendo property so technically speaking nothing's stopping him from being playable in the game.

D

Deleted member

Top 10 favorite Alola mons, including regional variants?
Well, let's see...
10. Primarina
9. Bewear
8. Crabominable
7. Silvally
6. Lycanroc Midday Form
5. Palossand
4. Alolan Raichu
3. Salazzle
1-2 (tie). Golisopod/Decidueye
Don't feel like explaining right now because I'm on mobile.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
True I suppose though the Reckless Safety Guy thing is still a Nintendo property so technically speaking nothing's stopping him from being playable in the game.
no he is not even a character he is literally just a picture, him and the Wii Fit Trainer or anyone else are not even comparable

now im one of those people who think the criteria for a smash character arent as strict as most would think but I think actually being a character is a real requirement

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I consider both characters to be equally outlandish as Smash fighters, with the Fit Trainer happening to hail from a a very successful franchise.
One is actually a character from a successful franchise.

The other isn't a real character by ANY means. Just a stupid meme.

Even characters like Goku and Mickey Mouse are less outlandish than "Reckless Safety Guy".
Because they are actual characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hell, even a Fatal Frame protagonist is better than Reckless Wii Safety Man.

Wait, I really need to get my beauty sleep for the night...
Too bad Tecmo is likelier to choose Ryu Hayabusa due to Ninja Gaiden being far from niche unlike Fatal Frame itself.

Good night sweet princess. :4wario2:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
You'll get in the bag, or you'll get a Darkest Lariat
Pew. *teleport somewhere else that's not inside a bag*

And I think I'm going to go to bed it's 1:10 am over here but first I'm going to finish up the daily stuff in moon then go to bed.. :tired:

Also don't try to put me in the bag while I'm sleeping.. :lol:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys...

You know you're being trolled right? :4larry:

D

Deleted member

Please. For all that is sane and holy.....

.....tell me you're trolling right now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
no he is not even a character he is literally just a picture, him and the Wii Fit Trainer or anyone else are not even comparable
Concepts wise at least as Smash fighters both would be as outlandish. And if you want to get really technical one could easily draw up a moveset for the Reckless Motion guy from the pictures shown.

But yeah Reckless Safety Guy not being a character pretty much nullifies his chances. Too bad given he had the most relevance of any character seeing as he's in the start of every Wii game out there. :estatic:

D

Deleted member

My top ten Alola pokemon.
10.J
9.U
8.S
7.T
6.A
5.M
4.E
3.M
2.E
1. Gen 7 is terrible

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
01) Golisopod
02) Buzzwole
03) Araquanid
04) Turtonator
05) Alolan Sandslash
06) Alolan Muk
07) Vikavolt
08) Lycanroc Midnight
09) Decidueye
10) Alolan Marowak

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
Concepts wise at least as Smash fighters both would be as outlandish. And if you want to get really technical one could easily draw up a moveset for the Reckless Motion guy from the pictures shown.
nearly every single character can be considered outlandish

Mario is outlandish, the entire concept of smash is outlandish

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sakurai please put this guy in Smash. I will give you $2 Canadian if you do so.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Super Nintendo World looks amazing!

And I played more of Color Splash. And there some amazing scenes.

I beat the last koopaling, disocvered the best thing in the game

Then they literally combined the game with:

Mario Kart and Luigi showed up to save the day. That was priceless. They even mentioned the freaking death stare lmao.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, I just remembered who "Reckless Safety Man" was

I was trying to figure out wtf y'all were talking about

D

Deleted member

How about the rainbow PS logo for PlayStation All-Stars 2? The one that appeared at the beginning of every PS1 game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can't believe you guys are taking this Reckless Safety Guy thing seriously lol.
Smash is more Serious Business than politics.

Having a barefoot dragon man with a chainsaw is worse than the most horrible of crimes to some people and the fate of a morbidly obese piece of cajun jerky is valued above the fate of the planet itself.

Needless to say we as a collective fandom are massively emo, despite attempts to project angst accusations upon someone who's more just the physical incarnation of a rebellious teen phase.

*EDIT* This post is not meant to be taken as seriously as we take Smash

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I put my tapu fini in the GTS in exchange for a Dragonite

I wonder if anyone will take it

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let's debate the second "i" is the Wii logo instead.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's obviously supposed to represent two people standing next to each other. It's a visual pun for all of the commercials.

I mean, Wii without i is just Wi.

*EDIT* Oh for playable? Obviously it has to be an Ice Climbers duo, the visual pun doesn't work without it's brother.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, my tapu fini was traded immedietly

Well, without the second i it's just wih instead of wii

Edit: I'm going to trade my last Tapu for Goodra. That's going to be a hard sell

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, why is everyone on GTS naming their Delibird "IG: (Insert something here)

Is this IG: thing some kind of meme?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Admittedly, some of these I don't have, and the Ultra Beasts are part of the endgame, but I decided to include them anyway.
1: Decidueye
2: Celesteela
3: Buzzwole
4: Primarina
5: Alola Raichu
6: Charjabug
7: Mimikyu
8: Nihilego
9: Type: Null
10: Mudsdale
And on that note, I have to announce a satisfying progress report -
: Robin
: Fletchinder
: Buster (Because I've been binge-watching some classic MythBusters all over again)
: Boxer
: Pikawatt
: HungryBox

I have cleared the Ghost Trial, probably the hardest part I've experienced so far in the game. The first attempt was a complete disaster, and it was the second time I was wiped out by a Totem Pokémon, the first one being Lurantis in the Grass Trial. After losing the first time, I attempted to grind some Pokémon for a team that was 'strong' against Mimikyu's typing to avoid a repeat of what happened first time. However, I figured that since my Mudsdale has Stamina, I was thinking that if it accumulates enough damage over time, it could be enough to take out Mimikyu with little hassle, and that was my strategy. It worked great, and I only needed to rely on just Boxer and Robin for the rest of the Trial. Probably my favourite Trial because of how spooky it was.

I guess now I'll head back to my binge-watching now.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So...Since several have already played through Sun and Moon, and with pretty much no surprises left for us, I figured now's as good a time as any...

Favourite Gen VII Pokemon (including Alola forms and Ultra Beasts)
obvious spoilers ahead...

Popplio really did not deserve the hate it got in the beginning...While I don't particularly care for the basic and middle stages all that much, Primarina is without a doubt a solid Pokemon, easily my favourite water type in this Generation...Water/Fairy is such a good typing, and Primarina's Z-Move is probably my favourite out of the starters...I can get over the feminine design it has for a starter pokemon because it's still a pretty good design overall...

When it comes to final evolutions, Rowlet won in the end...Made everyone double take when it gained the Ghost typing, which made it's already solid design all the more intriguing...Appears to have the most thought put into it's concept considering all the theories surrounding this pokemon, as well as the lore that goes behind it's possible inspiration from various legends involving Owls and such...Also Archers are pretty damn cool...Ghost Archers are also cool...Ghost Archer Owls are even more cooler...

aka Nebby :3
It's been a while since I was this captivated by a mascot legendary...I just love it's design and just how much presence it evokes when you view it either in the overworld or in battle (it literally blocks your view of the opposing pokemon in battle, it kinda funny) It comes across as being very intimidating, yet majestic and mysterious...There's also it's involvement within the story as Cosmog (who is frikkin adorable btw) and it's relationship with Lillie (who is easily my favourite character in the game), it's something you just don't see as often regarding the legendaries in Pokemon games...Solgaleo is still pretty cool but IMO Lunala is so much more interesting as a pokemon...both in design, typings, concept, etc...Being a Ghost type helps (not for it's weaknesses mind you)

despite it's big weaknesses it can still take hits pretty damn well (it's ability helps though)

Let's be honest here...I wanted a proper Wolf for the longest time, and while pure Rock isn't exactly the most exciting typing they could've given it...Lycanroc doesn't dissappoint...it still comes across as being rather fierce and rugged...running around Vast Poni Canyon and hearing it's cries actually made me feel like I was wandering in the wilderness being stalked by a pack of wolves that remain out of sight...Which evoked that sense of uneasiness...

I actually really like the idea of it having two different forms, and these forms, while they still count as the same pokemon are actually different enough in their own way to kinda be considered different pokemon...both have their appeal, but I vastly prefer Lycanroc's Midday form over the midnight form...First of all getting a priority Rock type attack is a godsend...and quite frankly Lycanroc's Midday form was probably my most clutch Pokemon on my team in my first playthrough (mostly because it's one of two pokemon I had that wasn't weak against rock) and it's one of the few Gen VII pokes that isn't slow as ****...in fact it's actually fairly fast especially for a Rock type...

I can also appreciate the poosible influences behind this pokemon as its likely based off of the wolves Skoll and Hati of Norse myths...

A fan favourite and for good reason...It's just such a lovable little Pokemon...It just wants to be loved <3
There's also the fact that going into Sun and Moon speculation Ghost/Fairy was my most wanted type combination due to the potential it had to be a rather creepy combination in terms of lore and while Mimikyu is a cutie, it is also creepy in it's own way....it also has one of the most disturbing pokedex entries since it can possibly kill you if you get a glance at what it really looks like...

Also have you guys played with it in Refresh?

I, like many others, was excited when we got the teaser for the little Woodpecker, Pikipek...While I never expected it to evolve into a Toucan, I'm glad it did because this is a really cool pokemon. It's got just the right amount of colour you'd expect from a tropical bird and it appears to have this "just try me" attitude....it's signature move (which is pretty frikkin awesome btw) reinforces this attitude since it's a literal **** you to those who try to attack it while doing this move...

It's just such a cool pokemon and it's got an amazing shiny form...

it is also the only pokemon that I used twice so far, though the other time it was more of a temporary placeholder and it jsut so happened to stay long enough to evolve...

I mean....I am #TeamLitten for a reason...I still like Incineroar....but to be completely honest it was still pretty damn disappointing for it's final evolution...I never was a fan of the whole wrestler motif, and Torracat is okay, at least for a middle stage...

But Litten is just so damn cute!!!!! I just love how it's just doesn't care...it could cough up a hairball and set your house on fire and not be phased whatsoever...

Mrowr!

Ok....While I am a huge fan of Lunala and was an advocate for Team Moon...I played Sun first and it was simply for the sole purpose of using Alolan Ninetales on my first playthrough...I did get both versions anyway so it wasn't a huge deal, but I just love what they did for Ninetales in Sun and Moon, BY FAR my favourite Alolan form and easily my new favourite Fairy type Pokemon...
It's just so beautiful and majestic...It feels like this is what Ninetales was meant to be...just look at it use Dazzling Gleam is just glows so beautifully!!
Unfortunately it's probably one of the main reasons why Alola forms as a whole was just a big disappointment to me because I just loved what they did for pokemon like Ninetales and Marowak, and seeing how they became almost completely repurposed it just seemed to open up so many possibilities for other pokemon but at the tail end of speculation they just fell short with metal wig dugtrio and swollen faced persian...

I still love Alolan Ninetales though!! I liked Ninetales before...but I LOVE it now...

First of all....Jangmo-o is easily the most adorable pokemon released in this Generation...I don't care what anyone says Jangmo-o is too damn cute...

Secondly....

We have a scaly armoured Komodo Dragon that does the Haka...let that sink in for a moment....

And despite the huge fairy weakness, it has a pretty decent typing as well! Maybe it's just my bias for hard hitting Dragon types as a whole but Kommo-o is definitely one of my favourite pokemon in this Generation...While I did pass around this theory that Jangmo-o would evolve into a Griffon which turned out to be wrong, I'm definitely not unhappy with what we got instead!

What a shocker!! :lol:
I don't know what it is about this thing but the more I use it the more I love it!!! Sure it's annoying that our regional Bug type won't evolve until damn near the end of the game, and that you're stuck with a squishy battery for pretty much thirty or so levels before then (which actually is not nearly as bad as it sounds because as a Charjabug it put in some serious work even handling Totem Mimikyu quite effectively which is considered one of the hardest Totem Pokemon in the game)...But this thing is just so damn awesome!! It still suffers from being one of many slow pokemon introduced this Generation but it still hits like a frikkin truck!
Easily my new favourite Electric type and one of my favourite Bug type (after :212: & :214: of course)

To quote myself when it was first revealed...

Honourable Mentions
Golisopod
Salazzle
Alolan Marowak
Ribombee
I guess I'll tag along with the fun.

It definitely has my favorite design out of the 4 Tapus, the typing is really good, and it makes a pretty fun special sweeper. I also loved its moments in the story when it saved you at the beginning of the game, and it was a pretty enjoyable character in the anime too. I've started to use it in the Battle Tree, and it's doing pretty well thus far (I got the right nature; I just need to EV Train it).
Back in the early pre-release days, I was really split between Solgaleo and Lunala. They both look awesome. I ended up picking Sun because I have a bias towards lions (them and cheetahs are my favorite animals out there), but in the months that followed, I really came to like Solgaleo, and by the time I played Sun, it became my favorite of the two mascot legendaries. It looks awesome in-game, and I honestly loved how it entered the Ultra Wormhole in its cutscene: it's literally running through a orange beam with the player and Lillie riding on its back like a scene you see in fairly tails! Also gets major points for a really cool design (it even looks adorable IMO) and a fun physical attacker.
For an artificially created Pokemon, it looks majestic and badass to its core! I also think it has a really interesting lore: it was created to fight the Ultra Beasts, and it was created to be a kind of "Arceus 2.0." You can tell because its ability functions just like Arceus's except it uses Memories instead of Plates (also worth noting the ability is even named the "RKS System"), has a signature attack that changes type depending on the item similar to Judgement, and it has a completely evened out stat distribution. I think this connection to the God Pokemon just makes Silvally even more interesting. It even has a pretty sad backstory that you can't help but feel bad for (its explained in the Secret Labs in Aether Paradise). It also gets major points for being Gladion's ace Pokemon (that picture of Silvally licking Gladion during the end credits was adorable), and its type distribution and movepool give it a lot of fun options to choose from. I still wish this Pokemon was obtainable during the story, because it would've automatically gone on my team.
I remember wondering how the "rugby monkey" from the rumored leaks would turn out to look like. Turns out we got that kind of monkey, and it didn't disappoint. Passimian looks really cool! I love how it uses the berries for its ball and its helmet, and the Football Player-like body only adds to its design. I also like how this Pokemon is committed teamwork and works with other Passimians in accomplishing tasks similar to an actual sports team. Even its ability is a good reflection of that.

When I learned Gallade wouldn't be obtainable during the course of the story, I decided to use this guy on my team, and he didn't disappoint. Appropriately named after the famous Chicago Bears quarterback, Urlacher, Passimian was a key star in my Pokemon Sun Team due its physical tank role. Great Attack, great Defense, decent Speed, this guy packed quite the punch! He was also the Pokemon that used its Z-move the most, and I can't blame it: All-Out Pummeling probably looks extreme if it were take on the foe like a real football player. Definitely glad that I used this guy on my team.
I never expected Cutiefly to evolve into this gorgeous bee, and I prayed that it got some decent stats that would make it promising. My prayers were answered! It's one of the few fast Alola 'mons, and it's even a pretty good special sweeper. The fact it gains access to Quiver Dance only makes it even more awesome. I look forward to using this Pokemon in a future playthrough, or even in a competitive team!

Fun note: I think this Pokemon would be perfect for Oboro from Fire Emblem Fates. Both got a pretty good taste in fashion!
Decidueye really grew on me when it was officially revealed once I saw its animations. It has a really cool design. Archers are always awesome, and it even reminds me of Takumi, my favorite Fire Emblem Fates character: both are archers that have over-the-top sniping attacks and have a similar taste in fashion (that is, go for a more covered-appearance; Decidueye's little feather on the top of its head even reminds me of Takumi's ponytail). Grass/Ghost is an awesome and great typing, and it has a pretty interesting move pool to back it up. I can definitely see why it's popular and many want it in Smash, and even I think it would make a suitable fighter for that environment.

Although I am yet to use Decidueye, I will definitely pick it for my next playthrough (and I will name it Takumi). Perhaps once I get to experience this guy for myself, it could even surpass the number 4 Alola Pokemon on this list.
Boy was I hyped when we finally learned about the Toucan Pokemon. The design looked neat, especially how its beak can heat up. At first, I was even surprised the it turned out to be Pikipek's evolution, but once I learned how woodpeckers and toucannons are related, it made sense. It only made me more hyped to catch Pikipek in the wild once I played the game.

As a Pikipek, it was my very first capture in Sun (I also appropriately named it "Toucan Sam" for what it was going to become). Throughout it was a bit of a struggle as a Pikipek at first, but when it evolved into Trumbeak, it started to shine. It single-handedly swept Hala's entire team, and it was a crucial Pokemon in my victory against Totem Lurantis. The fun really started when it finally evolved into Trumbeak. I never expected Toucannon would become one of my top favorites form Alola. This Pokemon hits like a truck! One Drill Peck was all this Pokemon needed to do, but it also had Steel Wing for Fairy-type coverage and Beak Blast as an extra hard-hitting attack (and I surprisingly decent one too). It OHKO'd Guzma's Golisopod in my first battle against him, took care of the last Charjabug in the Totem Vikavolt battle, and I can go on and on. It never fainted once except in the postgame when it got ambushed by a Pinsir's Stone Edge, but it was a really strong Pokemon overall.

It also turned out to be a surprisingly adorable Pokemon for someone who always looks angry. Its a bundle of joy in Pokemon Refresh, and in the anime, it even uses its beak to warm up its eggs and hatch them.

Seriously though, that Toucannon was a memorable character in that episode. I loved how it cared for Ash's Rowlet all those years.
I was leaning towards Team Popplio throughout the pre-release era due to my preference for Water starters (not to mention I was among the minority that thought Popplio looked pretty cute), and I'm glad I stuck with Team Popplio throughout it all. Its final evolution turned out to be quite the amazing-looking Pokemon. I'm not bothered by the feminine design at all. It struck the perfect mix of a seal and a mermaid for a really gorgeous and elegant design. When I learned this Pokemon was all about singing, I knew I had to name it Azura. Primarina even gained a really good type combination.

When I finally played Sun, I got a female Popplio on my second try! Talk about getting the lucky gender for the perfect nickname (it even got an alright nature)! Throughout my adventure, Primarina really shined. This Pokemon carried through so many victories, its not even funny. Among the victories that come to mind include the time It utterly destroyed Totem Kommo-o in that final trial, one-shotted Hapu's Mudsdale when the situation became tough, and it handled Lusamine's Bewear like it was nothing. It also destroyed Plumeria's Salazzle each time, and it even one-shotted Totem Salazzle when it was just a Brionne.

Its Z-move also grew on me overtime. At first, I thought it looked kind of silly, but the added opera sounds made me appreciate the move. It's also an adorable Pokemon to play with in Pokemon Refresh.

And I'll be honest: I actually prefer seeing Primarina in Smash compared to the other two starters when it comes to Smash. I think she could bring quiet a lot to the roster with a moveset that would revolve around singing, performing, and exploding bubbles. It could even surf on waves for mobility.

In all, I am really glad that I picked Primarina as my starter, and I can honestly say its my favorite of the Alola starters at the moment. At the rate this is going, I think Primarina also has the potential to surpass Sylveon as my new favorite Fairy-type Pokemon of all time.
The day we finally learned the secret of Rockruff's evolutions was an exciting one, especially when I laid my eyes on the Midday Lycanroc. Holy Arceus does this Pokemon look awesome! It's a more simple design; yet, it has a calm visage, a serious demeanor, and a calculated expression. Those sharp rocks coming out of its mane is another nice touch.

It also helps that this Pokemon strongly reminds me of Kaden, my 4th favorite character in Fire Emblem Fates. More specifically, Midday Lycannroc reminded me of the Ninetails class from the game. Just thinking about made me want to catch a Rockruff for my team and name it "Kaden", and it only made me more glad that I pre-ordered Sun.

When I finally played Sun, I ended up catching a female Rockruff due to my unluckiness in catching a male on, but I decided to name it "Selkie" after Kaden's daughter. As it turned out, Selkie was a really strong Pokemon on my team. Another one of the few fast Alola Pokemon, it has a really good Attack stat to back it up and a Rock-type priority move. Seriously, Accelrock is such a clutch move, and it only makes Midday Lycanroc even cooler than it already is. Its led me through many victories in my Sun playthrough.

I can honestly say this Pokemon has definitely solidified itself as my 2nd favorite Alola Pokemon, and it could even make it into the top 10 alongside the numbers 3 and 1 from this list. Speaking of number 1...
I loved Lurantis the moment I first saw it, and I knew I needed to include one for my team. It reminded of Gallade. Both have red eyes and an emphasis on dual-wielding, the latter trait made Lurantis appear like a female Gallade. I even had a phase where I shipped these two Pokemon together. That aside, I adored Lurantis for its elegant yet cool design.

Cut to the game's release, and I was skeptical about its use at first. I first learned from the leaks that it only had a base speed of 45, and when I was raising it as a Fomantis, it was constantly getting one-shotted. When it evolved into Lurantis, that's when things turned out for the best. It turns out this Pokemon has some pretty good bulk, both in Defense and Special Defense, and it this pretty hard thanks to its high Attack stat. It was a bulky physical attacker, and a pretty nice one at that. This Pokemon was my MVP in the first Lusamine battle and a key member in my battles against Hapu and Olivia. I even gave it a Quick Claw to occasionally fix its low Speed, and it came into use when it KOd Kukui's Lycanroc before it could set up those pesky Stealth Rocks. It even knew some pretty good moves: it learned Leaf Blade, knew Poison Jab for Fairy-type coverage, Leech Life for more type coverage, and Solar Blade for the extra-hitting damage.

This Pokemon turned out to be a really adorable in Pokemon Refresh. I love how it happily jumps whenever it's noticed.

Lurantis definitely lived the hype, and its definitely solidified its place as my favorite Alola Pokemon and one of my top 10 favorite Pokemon overall. Sure it won't be a good Pokemon for competitive play, but it still did a really great job in my Sun playthrough, and it has a really neat design. Heck, I'm actually pretty interested in seeing it in Smash as well.

Honorable Mentions:

Golisopod
Kommo-o
Alola Raichu
Alola Ninetales
Alola Marowak
Marshadow - Only because it hasn't been released yet, but from the footage I've seen of it thus far, it's definitely shaping up to be a really great Pokemon.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got a question, do people actually have passion for their jobs at Walmart?

The way the manager's talked to me, about feeling remorse, and how I should care my section was #13th best worldwide like I should care.

Do they think I'm passionate about my $1 over minimum wage job? Do they have passion for their job?

It's a retail job at Walmart. Even if you are a high rank, you're still just working at Walmart

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Araquanid (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Sleep Talk

DUH, why didn't I think of that. Araquanid's only going to be using Liquidation anyway, and this would make sure Sleep Talk uses Liquidation.

It's not going to give him a lot of coverage, although only water, grass, and dragon resists water, but Liquidation has a base power of 255 with araquanid with an attack of 487.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom