• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The L is R Talk made me think of this:

and the purple coins variant that started it all.

SM64 had a lot of fun rumors associated with it back in the day.
Yeah, you won't get many things like this anymore. Those kind of rumors can be kind of fun. But it's hard to keep any secrets in games these days, especially modern ones.

When certain things did end up being true, no one would believe you. Like Mew under the truck or Akuma in Super Turbo. Or the Hadoken in MMX.

On the other hand, you also had the Sonic in Melee ones.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, you won't get many things like this anymore. Those kind of rumors can be kind of fun. But it's hard to keep any secrets in games these days, especially modern ones.

When certain things did end up being true, no one would believe you. Like Mew under the truck or Akuma in Super Turbo. Or the Hadoken in MMX.

I'm still in awe and I still cant believe that Mew under the truck is real

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I really do miss these fake "cheats" that flooded the internet years ago.

Now these days people just datamine the **** out of the games to find out what the games contains.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Now these days people just datamine the **** out of the games to find out what the games contains.
Yep. Useful to find a lot of things, but it takes away from the mystery.

Imagine how crazy it would be if the Ryu data wasn't dug up a few months in advanced? It would have had a more insane reaction when he first joined Smash 4. Still, part of that is on the person actively involved with these things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that you guys bring it up, I can't imagine what my reaction to
Cosmog evolving into Solgaleo/Lunala
would be if I wasn't spoiled about it thanks to the Demo datamine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One of my favorite fake "cheats" for Pokémon Gold & Silver ages ago (can't find it online anymore... :c):

To get Celebi, you must capture the 250 Pokémon. After that you must go to Blaine's Gym and fart on his sandwich (no, you did not misread that in any way). Celebi will come out of it. Shake its hand and it'll be yours.

I couldn't make this up even if I wanted to.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576

And then leak them onto one website which they could then spread everywhere else.

There's always a thing called "waiting", but anticipation gets the best of them I guess

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Well, it's time to go look at that Smash Bros headcanon Tumblr and see if there's anything I want to adopt."

#2984 (It goes from latest to earliest) said:
Pit, Dark Pit, Falco, and King Dedede never eat poultry.
*thinks back to Duck Hunt and Falco Guidances*

That's. . .that's not a headcanon that quite synchs up with the games. Not that you can't have it, but, uh. . . Pit has some lines he's willing to cross in that regard that are kind of. . .wrong. And is also a massive hypocrite for it considering how often he has to put up with it himself. My own headcanon is that it's partially a cultural/social group thing, seeing as practically every other sentient being where he's from acts like that.

Whether or not Falco and Dedede have some kind of moral code with that could be open to interpretation (although Dedede I highly doubt), but Pit we know doesn't.

. . .So anyway, now that I've nitpicked someone's personal interpretation basically because why not, time to read some more. :D

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If I lerned anything, its dont say someones headcanon is wrong unless they try and make it canon
Thats like saying " You have a wrong opinion"
Yeah, I've been learning that. . .probably shouldn't have put it that way. . .

I'm editing in a patch to make that less likely to set someone off, not that I'd ever word it that bluntly to anyone's face in the first place. . .unless I act like an idiot again, sometimes I disappoint myself.

*EDIT* *cue Coricus angst about being a terrible person for even noticing the discrepancy in the first place let alone finding anything of note in it kicking in*

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"Well, it's time to go look at that Smash Bros headcanon Tumblr and see if there's anything I want to adopt."

*thinks back to Duck Hunt and Falco Guidances*

That's. . .that's not a headcanon that quite synchs up with the games. Not that you can't have it, but, uh. . . Pit has some lines he's willing to cross in that regard that are kind of. . .wrong. And is also a massive hypocrite for it considering how often he has to put up with it himself. My own headcanon is that it's partially a cultural/social group thing, seeing as practically every other sentient being where he's from acts like that.

Whether or not Falco and Dedede have some kind of moral code with that could be open to interpretation (although Dedede I highly doubt), but Pit we know doesn't.

. . .So anyway, now that I've nitpicked someone's personal interpretation basically because why not, time to read some more. :D
If I've learned anything is that headcanons are apparently more canon than actual canon, and don't tell people otherwise.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've only seen like two pics of Primarina and they were kinda gross.
That's because Primarina is kinda gross. :troll:

Actually, not gonna lie- I mean that cause almost all the Primarina fan art I've seen are either really lewd or are just bad draws.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If I've learned anything is that headcanons are apparently more canon than actual canon, and don't tell people otherwise.
I've been having flashbacks to the last time I said the wrong thing and going into angst mode ever since I fully registered what I said instead of half thinking about it and half "it seemed like a good idea at the time."

Knowing me it'll take at least an hour before I fully stop being physically ill out of shame.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... after 7 failed synchronization attempts for Timid with Tapu Fini, I am seriously considering using a Master Ball with my Timid Kadabra and just moving on. :(

I know it sounds like a huge waste, but when you get this unlucky, it feels like the best way.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well... after 7 failed synchronization attempts for Timid with Tapu Fini, I am seriously considering using a Master Ball with my Timid Kadabra and just moving on. :(

I know it sounds like a huge waste, but when you get this unlucky, it feels like the best way.
It's the hardest to catch so go for the M ball. Is the Kadabra in the front of the party?
Grrr Primarina is the best.
Nowi's daughter in Awakening

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well... after 7 failed synchronization attempts for Timid with Tapu Fini, I am seriously considering just using a Master Ball with my Timid Kadabra and just moving on. :(

Honestly, in Fini's case, its not really a waste. Fini is the the most difficult catch in the game. I have a timid one myself- I know. Thankfully it was Timid in one swing.

D

Deleted member

*trying to catch Tapu Fini*
*burns her before the aqua ring and kills her*
*use master ball accidentally*
*catches it on third try*
>Lonely Nature
Well, **** you too
*puts it in a lone box*
Primarina and Azumarill are way better anyways

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It's the hardest to catch so go for the M ball. Is the Kadabra in the front of the party?
Yes, it was in the front of the party when I caught it those 7 times with a Net Ball; it was never in the front at the start of the battle, however.

It's a shame GF removed the old trick you could do by having a fainted Pokemon with Synchronize at the front of the party and it would work; that would make this so much easier.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Yes, it was in the front of the party when I caught it those 7 times with a Net Ball; it was never in the front at the start of the battle, however.

It's a shame GF removed the old trick you could do by having a fainted Pokemon with Synchronize at the front of the party and it would work; that would make this so much easier.
They didn't. My Synchronize Abras were usually fainted when I catched UBs or Necrozma

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fini and koko are annoying on Showdown when the person uses both...

At least aero checks Koko good.

And I just took my last final after they messed up all day yesterday and wouldn't let me take it.

Got a 68, which will probably be a 75 with the curve, so that's good with me.

Biological Anthropology was pretty complicated. Plus I got 90s-100s on labs and assignments so my grade should still be good. Was really stressing the exam, but glad I passed.

D

Deleted member

I just need two more QR code readings to complete the Seen Pokedex and get the Shiny Charm
I can't wait 4 hours
Nature's Madness+Brine=kek
I'm sorry but I can't hear you over the sound of Belly Drum Huge Power Aqua Jet and base 126 Sp.Atk Sparkling Aria

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, this one cracked me up. I can definitely see that.

#2708 said:
Mega Man can immediately do any mathematical calculation in a split second, no matter how complex. Though he is known to double take whenever he's asked to "find X."
. . .Not EVERY one, granted, seeing as some calculations supercomputers still struggle with, but anything you could actually reasonably expect him to be asked sure. That last part though.

Pfhahahaha

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just need two more QR code readings to complete the Seen Pokedex and get the Shiny Charm
I can't wait 4 hours

I'm sorry but I can't hear you over the sound of Belly Drum Huge Power Aqua Jet and base 126 Sp.Atk Sparkling Aria
lol belly drum
lol move that heals burns without doing extra damage and hits your teammate in doubles

D

Deleted member

Got a Quirky and Impish Celesteelas
I'll take it, now let's catch that Hydreigon ripoff
Speaking of, Pokebank when?
lol belly drum
lol move that heals burns without doing extra damage and hits your teammate in doubles
Lol u right +6 atk is stupid on something with priority
And who cares about a Surf that goes through Substitute, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom