• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
lol belly drum
lol move that heals burns without doing extra damage and hits your teammate in doubles
I can think of a way healing your enemies' burns would actually be a good defensive tactic, but it would probably involve certain Abilites and the Flame Orb not working how they probably actually work.

Healing burns and hitting your teammate in Doubles could probably have a risk-reward factor when combined, though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Primarina is competitivly insuperior to both Azumarill and Tapu Fini. Yeah sure its got a powerful attack. Good for it. Azumarill has the most powerful Aqua Jet in the game, and Tapu Fini is an incredibly versitile Pokémon that can support, sweep, and anything in between.

I apologize but no. Primarina just cannot compare to either of them.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've yet to see this episode of Sonic Boom. But this is an actual line from the latest episode.
"I've got dozens of fans. Of course, he's the first one who doesn't criticize everything I do."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Got a Quirky and Impish Celesteelas
I'll take it, now let's catch that Hydreigon ripoff
Speaking of, Pokebank when?

Lol u right +6 atk is stupid on something with priority
And who cares about a Surf that goes through Substitute, right?
lol psychic terrain and ****
Throat Chop and boom. It doesn't even get a boost from Liquid Voice like literally every other type changing ability

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've yet to see this episode of Sonic Boom. But this is an actual line from the latest episode.
*nods in agreement*

That's almost a little too on the nose coming from an actual media of the series.

Can't argue with it, though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just need two more QR code readings to complete the Seen Pokedex and get the Shiny Charm
I can't wait 4 hours

I'm sorry but I can't hear you over the sound of Belly Drum Huge Power Aqua Jet and base 126 Sp.Atk Sparkling Aria
Wait you need them seen for the dex?

I don't think that's the case.

D

Deleted member

Primarina is competitivly insuperior to both Azumarill and Tapu Fini. Yeah sure its got a powerful attack. Good for it. Azumarill has the most powerful Aqua Jet in the game, and Tapu Fini is an incredibly versitile Pokémon that can support, sweep, and anything in between.

I apologize but no. Primarina just cannot compare to either of them.
Except Tapu Fini doesn't have a Sp.Atk as high as Primarina's
Fini works great as support but Primarina is a much better Special Sweeper
They all fill different roles amyways the only thing they have in common is their typing
Even then, Fini is probably the worst of the Tapus, which is what she should be compared with, since she only gets status immunity from her Terrain unlike the other three who can kill almost anything not resistant to their main STABs
lol psychic terrain and ****
Throat Chop and boom. It doesn't even get a boost from Liquid Voice like literally every other type changing ability
Congrats, you found one hard counter(3 I guess because Tsareena and Bruxishbut who uses Bruxish?) for Azumarill. Doesn't change the fact the rest of your team will be dying to +6 Aqua Jet if they can't resist Azumarill.
There are literally two Pokemon that can learn Throat Chop and they either die to Moonblast or carry the much more useful Darkest Lariat(and it also shouldn't be even NEAR Primarina)
And Liquid Voice doesn't matter when it's not even released yet
Wait you need them seen for the dex?

I don't think that's the case.
I just don't feel like acyually finding a Shellos and Snubbul
Where the **** is the Ruins of Abundance?
At the end of Lost Woods: Desert Edition

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh my gosh. :joyful:

#2701 said:
People enjoy hanging out with Pit, and People enjoy hanging out with Sonic, but not when they're together. It's literally Pun Hell and the Puns never stop.
This isn't exactly accurate with how I imagine these two interacting and others reacting to such, but it isn't exactly. . .inaccurate, either.

They've got enough other forms of Casual Danger Dialog and just general personality interactions for it to not be anything constant, but if someone does make a pun I can easily, easily see it going off the rails from there.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Except Tapu Fini doesn't have a Sp.Atk as high as Primarina's
They all fill different roles amyways the only thing they have in common is their typing
Even then, Fini is probably the worst of the Tapus, which is what she should be compared with, since she only gets status immunity from her Terrain unlike the other three who can kill almost anything not resistant to their main STABs

Congrats, you found one hard counter(3 I guess because Tsareena and Bruxishbut who uses Bruxish?) for Azumarill. Doesn't change the fact the rest of your team will be dying to +6 Aqua Jet if they can't resist Azumarill.
There are literally two Pokemon that can learn Throat Chop and they either die to Moonblast or carry the much more useful Darkest Lariat(and it also shouldn't be even NEAR Primarina)
And Liquid Voice doesn't matter when it's not even released yet

I just don't feel like acyually finding a Shellos and Snubbul

At the end of Lost Woods: Desert Edition
It's too slow to be a sweeper
Bruxish is actually not that bad, high speed and high attack. Even gets Strong Jaw to boost one of it's best moves
Thought more than 1 line learned it, that's legitimately my bad
Still doesn't change the fact it sucks, especially when compared to the HAs of the other starters

D

Deleted member

Coricus Coricus posts made me think of a mew topic: what are your favorite Smash headcanons?
It's too slow to be a sweeper
Bruxish is actually not that bad, high speed and high attack. Even gets Strong Jaw to boost one of it's best moves
Thought more than 1 line learned it, that's legitimately my bad
Still doesn't change the fact it sucks, especially when compared to the HAs of the other starters
Sweepers can be slow, if they have a lot of bulk, which Primarina has on the special side
It also learns Reflect to fix the Def problem+Leftovers or just go full attack mode with Specs or Assault Vest
And it gets unresisted coverage by simply adding Shadow Ball. Pyroar resists that but lol that won't stop Primarina and the Diamonds
You are out of luck

You need to catch them all so get to searching
No, scanning the QR codes registers them as seen in the Pokedex
And you just need to have seen every Pokemon in the Alola dex(besides Mythical Pokemon) to get the Shiny Charm

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Coricus Coricus posts made me think of a mew topic: what are your favorite Smash headcanons?

Sweepers can be slow, if they have a lot of bulk, which Primarina has on the special side
It also learns Reflect to fix the Def problem+Leftovers or just go full attack mode with Specs or Assault Vest
And it gets unresisted coverage by simply adding Shadow Ball. Pyroar resists that but lol that won't stop Primarina and the Diamonds

And you just need to have seen every Pokemon in the Alola dex(besides Mythical Pokemon) to get the Shiny Charm
It's HP and Defence are very lackluster, meaning it'll die easily
Bruxish counters that rather well with Psychic Fangs and Strong Jaw, not to mention someone else should have already set up the Reflect

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Other than one song and a few badly timed jokes it was near perfect. It's also one of very few movie where I actually liked the signing parts.
11/10
:061:
I never liked signing parts either. What were they signing? Tax documents? Legal Documents? A check? Ooh, was there a notary involved? That would make it 20x more awesome :p .

D

Deleted member

You need to register them, Not just see them.

Its been like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ToLe2GAPV0
Well, ****, I've been lied to
It's HP and Defence are very lackluster, meaning it'll die easily
Bruxish counters that rather well with Psychic Fangs and Strong Jaw, not to mention someone else should have already set up the Reflect
80 HP is decent enough and I already addressed the Def problem

If Bruxish runs Strong Jaw then it's vulnerable to Aqua Jet so yeah it's ded

D

Deleted member

And again, Primarina shouldn't be the teammember setting it up
I doubt Pramarina OHKOs Bruxish with Aqua Jet
What does Bruxish has to do with Primarina? I said it blocks Azumarill's Aqua Jet and that's it
Primarina has Shadow Ball and Energy Ball for Bruxit

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Except Tapu Fini doesn't have a Sp.Atk as high as Primarina's.

In that logic, Rampardos is clearly a better sweeper then Lucario because it has a superior Attack base. :upsidedown:

Tapu Fini: 70 HP / 75 Atk / 115 Def / 95 SpA / 130 SpD / 85 Spe

Primarina: 80 HP / 74 Atk / 74 Def / 126 SpA / 116 SpD / 60 Spe

Lets highlight some key differences between Fini and Primarina. First off, Speed. At a 60 base Speed, Primarina is honestly not going to be sweeping anything, except maybe my porch. Fini however has enough Speed to be able to contend with some of the tiers more faster Pokémon. Its not optimal Speed but it still outpaces some notable threats.

The second thing: Defensive stats. Fini is clearly superior with 115 Def/130 SpD. Primarina has a 10 point buff on its HP Base, which doesn't really compare well versus Fini, and in a sweeping environment, having great bulk allows you to soak much more attacks, allowing you to boost stats without much hassle. That's the final thing to note; Tapu Fini can learn a stat supporting move in Calm Mind. Primarina can't.

In short: Fini is a better sweeper because its faster, bulkier, and can setup Calm Mind. Even with 126 base SpA, Primarina just cannot compare. That's simply because Primarina isn't a sweeper. Its an offensive tank. Its best strategy is to punch holes in teams utilizing Choice Specs using moves like Hydro Pump, Moon Blast and such.

As a side note; my major gripe with the Pokémon community is the misuse of the term, "Sweeper", and this is one of those times. In short, Primarina is not a sweeper.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

To bring up what I wrote in an old thread...

- Smash Mansion's a thing. It's on Wuhu Island, a sort of "neutral ground."
- :4robinm: and :4robinf:/:4corrin: and :4corrinf: are alternate universe counterparts. In Corrin's case, M!Corrin came from Birthright, and F!Corrin from Conquest.
- :4feroy: can only speak Japanese, but :4marth: is bilingual, and only chooses to speak Japanese as a tactic to confuse non-Roy characters. :4cloud: thought this was a good idea and followed suit.
- :4rob: is the R.O.B. from the SSE, which may be actual canon given the Boxing Ring. That R.O.B. was also the first ever made.
- :4drmario: is the result of Mario using a Double Cherry.
- :4bowser: built the Junior Clown Car for :4bowserjr: and the Koopalings like a father building his kid a go-kart.
- :4ryu: and :4littlemac: spar in their free time.
- :4sheik: is Ocarina of Time Zelda, while :4zelda: is the Twilight Princess version.
- :4luigi: takes care of :4duckhunt: and the duck, as the mysterious shooter comes from what is, to them, another dimension.
- :4pikachu:, :4jigglypuff:, :4charizard:, and :4lucario: were sent to Smash by Professor Oak, who wanted them to be used to guard the Smash realm. Likewise, :4greninja: was sent by Professor Sycamore. :4mewtwo:arrived on his own free will.
- :4olimar::4bowser::rosalina::4pacman: and Chrom trade parenting stories in their free time. :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:and:4corrin: were brought to Smash before their children were born, so they sit out.
- Doc Louis gets really upset when :4kirby: eats his chocolate, but is smart enough to know not to fight him for it.

D

Deleted member

- :4sheik: is Ocarina of Time Zelda, while :4zelda: is the Twilight Princess version.
Ocarina of Time Sheik didn't have a ponytail, though. Also, Sheik's Brawl/Smash 4 design was based on early concept art for Twilight Princess. But whatever, it's your headcanon. :p

D

Deleted member

It's fast, has good offence and breaks Reflect and Light Screen. We were talking about Primarina in this situation
I don't know why you brought it up though, it has no relation to him
Like, a fast Pokemon with a Physical STAB surely can beat Primarina(if they don't fail to OHKO him in which case it's almost sure Primarina can KO them back)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was seconds away from snapping my 3ds.

It had like 5hp and I threw 32 ultraballs before it finished off my last pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To bring up what I wrote in an old thread...

- Smash Mansion's a thing. It's on Wuhu Island, a sort of "neutral ground."
- :4robinm: and :4robinf:/:4corrin: and :4corrinf: are alternate universe counterparts. In Corrin's case, M!Corrin came from Birthright, and F!Corrin from Conquest.
- :4feroy: can only speak Japanese, but :4marth: is bilingual, and only chooses to speak Japanese as a tactic to confuse non-Roy characters. :4cloud: thought this was a good idea and followed suit.
- :4rob: is the R.O.B. from the SSE, which may be actual canon given the Boxing Ring. That R.O.B. was also the first ever made.
- :4drmario: is the result of Mario using a Double Cherry.
- :4bowser: built the Junior Clown Car for :4bowserjr: and the Koopalings like a father building his kid a go-kart.
- :4ryu: and :4littlemac: spar in their free time.
- :4luigi: takes care of :4duckhunt: and the duck, as the mysterious shooter comes from what is, to them, another dimension.
- :4pikachu:, :4jigglypuff:, :4charizard:, and :4lucario: were sent to Smash by Professor Oak, who wanted them to be used to guard the Smash realm. Likewise, :4greninja: was sent by Professor Sycamore. :4mewtwo:arrived on his own free will.
- :4olimar::4bowser::rosalina::4pacman: and Chrom trade parenting stories in their free time. :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm:and:4corrin: were brought to Smash before their children were born, so they sit out.
- Doc Louis gets really upset when :4kirby: eats his chocolate, but is smart enough to know not to fight him for it.
Did :younglinkmelee:, :snake:,:wolf:, :popo:, :ivysaur:, :squirtle:, and :pt:'s invitations get lost in the mail? :p

Chrono.

Oh **** you Tapu Bulu. I didn't want to catch you anyways.
Use Dusk Balls, and Quick Balls at the beggining.

If it starts taking too long then it's time to break out the Timer Balls.

Ultra Balls are pretty terrible to catch legendaries. I only ever use them for endgame wild mons.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I messed up majorly at work, I told a customer "**** You"

Apparently cussing at a customer is a major offense.

The guy was insulting me and doing an illegal transaction anyway.

I really don't think I'm cut out for this world

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Use Dusk Balls, and Quick Balls at the beggining.

If it starts taking too long then it's time to break out the Timer Balls.

Ultra Balls are pretty terrible to catch legendaries. I only ever use them for endgame wild mons.
I caught Koko and Lele in 2 ultra balls.

D

Deleted member

When I try to think of a headcanon for Smash, I remind myself that the playable characters are all trophies (toys in Smash 64) and possibly not the actual characters from their respective source material.

D

Deleted member

It's fast, it's strong and it removes screens. That's something Worst Gen7 Starter doesn't like
252+ Atk Choice Band Bruxish Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Primarina: 252-297 (69.2 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Primarina Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bruxish: 252-298 (90.6 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
I had no idea what is the most used set for Brexit so I just gave it Choice Band for maximum damage. And yes, it does have Strong Jaw
So, basically, with both at full HP, it's almost a coin toss as to who wins
Though Stealth Rocks guarantee that Primarina wins while it doesn't help Bruxish at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom