• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
IF we only got two characters for Smash Switch which I don't see too likely, I'd have to guess Inkling and... Rayman maybe? I don't figure they'd do Veterans if it were just two characters. Two characters is so, WOW, pathetic though. I can't see them only having two new characters and be like 'Here ya go! Done! Have fun!'

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Burn only causes 1/16 of Max. HP damage on this Gen.
Aqua Ring recovers 1/16 of Max. HP

So, the best method to deal with Tapu Fini is to burn her.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
First of all, lolgrammar
Second, I see the reason, if I made something and some guy distributed it for free without my permission I wouldn't be happy. Disagree that it had to be done though

That's his left shoulder actually, but if I have to be honest, you wouldn't notice this as the animation was quick and smooth. Kinda bummed out that they removed Kira's math line
Grammar? What is that? Can I eat it?:snake:

Also, yeah, I understand but stil, it's not like he was gaining money or anything. He just wanted to share a song that he like so that other people can enjoy it. It just suck honestly.

And for Deadly Killer Queen, first of: dang it. Second off: yeah actually, I was going to say that this isn't really a problem since it's supposed to be a fast action sequence. But it still a little bother me to see they missed that.

But again, their budged isn't that great. It's not awful but you can see that they have limitation. (Still, I hope we won't have too many quality face like DIO have in the last arc of SC)

Usually I'm in the holiday spirit but I'm not for today because today is where 23 becomes a cool number

I turned 23 today. Happy Birthday to me :4pacman:
Happy birthday!

I want them to be King K. Rool and Bandana Dee.

But I know they'll be Inkling and Ice Climbers.

I've only been playing Shovel Knight infrequently lately, but....gaah! Treasure Knight's stage is pure evil.

Doesn't help that it has to be a water level....which I don't exactly have a good history with in video games.
Ironically, the boss is one of the easiest in the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would not be too particular for what Nintendo characters I'd see in the Switch port, but if we got a third party, I'm rooting for Simon Belmont.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Say, if I want a Pokemon to stay in my Pokemon Pelago how do I make it stay? Also can I take said Pokémon in my party?
Keep berries in the box at all times, basically.
Once a heart pops up in a thought bubble above the new pokemon or something like that, click on it and you can send it to party.

Got a Zubat & a Shelder so far lol.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
I like this piece of art. But Mega Man's looking swole as ****.

It's almost as if he were...a MAN.

*boom*

Doesn't really matter all that much since he's a robot. It's still funny though how you have a character who has "Man" in his name, who looks like a kid, but is actually a robot.

*boom X2*

D

Deleted member

This video was really interesting.

TL;DW: It's basically a critique on how a lot of anime fans would rather things look on model than to be animated well, and how it was a bit disappointing to see fans crap on it just because it looked weird. On the flip side of things many Japanese animators have been praising the Sun/Moon series and calling it the best Pokemon has ever looked.
After actually watching the anime, it does look well animated, the problem is how weird some frames(which are clearly visible) and still shots look
I just love how expressive it is

this image gives me life,everytime i see it
This is what I'm talking about: how exaggerated these moments are
It's everywhere in most anime and it's just cringy and overused
For ****'s sake Ash couldn't even pronounce Pokedex and made, like, 5 different expressions on said scene
A bit overdue, but I finally changed my avatar in light of the holiday season. Decided to wait on the avatar change until I got the main bulk of end-of-semester papers out of the way.

I'm sure all the Fate series fans will like my new avatar.

Saber is best waifu!
Saber Claus
I'm assuming this is from Phantasm Carnival, right?

This also reminds me I need to find a Christmas avi already
Is it only possible to get one of each Apricorn Balls in Sun/ Moon?
Yup
Someone at GF probably thought it'd be fun to make them even rarer than the MASTER BALL(you can get more of it in the Lottery shops on Festival Plaza)
At least I caught Lunala with the Moon Ball so it's all good but damn if I didn't want more of those balls back
Where's Alolan Kurt?
I still wonder why freaking Beldum has a catch rate of 3.
Because it was gift-only when it was first introduced
Then GF probably kept it for ****s and giggles since the only other place you could catch it in Gen 4 was on HGSS's Safari Zone
Which goes first? Recovery or burn? Not to mention Misty Surge prevents that for a while
5 turns is nothing for the time you want to wait so Timer Balls work better

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
http://www.tasofro.net/touhou155/

I don't know how many of you here are Touhou fans, but Touhou 15.5 was just announced today. :colorful:

It seems that it will continue the storyline of Hopeless Masquerade and Urban Legend in Limbo.

I can't wait to see what characters are added, as well as the awesome remixes we get. ULiL's remix were mind-blowing.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
>FINALLY Catch Tapu Koko in a fast ball
>Have to wait like 4 minutes for all the junk of Lv1 Abra lead leveling, evolving, learning moves, registering Kadabra, registering TK
>Check summary
>Careful and not Naive

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>Have to wait like 4 minutes for all the junk of Lv1 Abra lead leveling, evolving, learning moves, registering Kadabra, registering TK
>Check summary
>Careful and not Naive
I had to go through it almost 10 times, so I hope its at least quicker for you.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Saber Claus
I'm assuming this is from Phantasm Carnival, right?
It's actually from from a promotional artwork for the UBW ufotable adaptation that came out around Christmas 2014. The artwork also featured Rin Tohsaka.

Here's the source image where my avi comes from:

You can tell its the ufotable one based on the artstyle.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Ha ha! So, I guess messing up breeding actually turned out adventagious

I know have a 3 perfect IV pokemon, but it's not the SAME 3 IV's.

Combined with my Ditto who has ...only 1 perfect IV...But it was the one IV that's not the same on this new one/

Almost guaranteed 4 perfect IV pokemon coming soon
I got a few 5-6 iv Pokemon already.. my Shiny Wishiwashi had 4 ivs and I SOS'd for a good ditto that ended up being a 4 iv one but had the two that were missing for the Wishiwashi. I've been trying to spread it through the other egg groups that are connected with Water 2
I am beginning to question if I should have Tapu Fini in a Master Ball or just keep soft resetting for a good enough nature with a different ball. I ask since Fini is the last Pokemon I need to complete my Dex. :p
Or there's Synchronize Abra's lol my Fini is bold, Koko Jolly, Bulu adamant, and Lele is modest

Tapu Fini gave me little to no trouble because Net balls lol the other three Tapu Pokemon were refusing to stay in the balls but I eventually caught them..
Just caught Nihilego, my Modest Synchronizer worked so Im going to use it in my main team.
I went with Timid because of Garchomp lol it can at least knock out a weakened one if it needs to..

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
"All in all, this amounts to a 18.648% chance per ball."
Using this catch rate calculator has been painful in knowledge.
WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE O-POWERS STILL.

Edit: Capture 2 out of about 40 tries. - Bold Nature. Dammit.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As I find out, MGS 1 is on the PSN.
And since I have enough money, the rest was history.
So now, I have the MGS 1,2,3,4,Peace Walker and Reveangence.
What a time to be alive.:070:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Can anyone help me find a replacement battery for my new3DS. The little one with the changeable plates not the XL which seems to be the only one I can find batteries for.

I think it's near the end of it's life as I can't even get 4 hours out of it now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Master Ball for extreme emergencies and should not be wasted like that.
I used it on koko because I wanted the game to end and I didnt want to sit there all day trying catch him

plus I already got luna in a dusk ball so I had no use for it
Can anyone help me find a replacement battery for my new3DS. The little one with the changeable plates not the XL which seems to be the only one I can find batteries for.

I think it's near the end of it's life as I can't even get 4 hours out of it now.
Do you play your 3DS while its charging?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>Check summary
>Careful and not Naive
Just kill it. If you re fight the E4 it comes back.

and if the new Smash only has 2 characters, why buy it?

That's a massive cut to the roster!
:troll:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But does the rumor say two new characters?

If that's the case, I think we could see 4.

2 vets ( Wolf and Ice Climbers) 2 Newcomers: Inkling and a 3rd party. Either being Rayman or Crash.

EDIT: IT does say new. So its quite possible.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just kill it. If you re fight the E4 it comes back.

and if the new Smash only has 2 characters, why buy it?

That's a massive cut to the roster!
:troll:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But does the rumor say two new characters?

If that's the case, I think we could see 4.

2 vets ( Wolf and Ice Climbers) 2 Newcomers: Inkling and a 3rd party. Either being Rayman or Crash.

EDIT: IT does say new. So its quite possible.
Did you thinnk I brought a Lv1 Abra through the E4?
I REFOUGHT EM, AND AM SOFT-RESETING AT THE STATUE.
IT'S JUST TAKEN NOW ABOUT 60 TRIES; ONLY TWO OF WHICH THAT ~1/6 CHANCE HAS GOTTEN IT CAUGHT.

Edit: My process.
>Lead with Abra, give it X-Items until Koko kills it to burn turns
>Pallosand used Psychic
>A. Persian uses Fake Out
>Xurkitree lands hypnosis
>Fast Ball

Double edit: CAPTURE 3, IT'S DAMN ADAMANT

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Something I just realized that's rather unfortunate: Hyper Training's probably going to get the boot next gen just like how Super Training did. It's really sad considering Hyper Training actually made getting competitive ready Pokémon somewhat easy.

:094:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Something I just realized that's rather unfortunate: Hyper Training's probably going to get the boot next gen just like how Super Training did. It's really sad considering Hyper Training actually made getting competitive ready Pokémon somewhat easy.

:094:
To be fair.
Isle Evelup, at rank 3, is arguably better than Super Training.
With Pokebean effect, it's 4 EVs per 15 minutes idly, meaning you can get a stat set overnight.
Plus the EV-Items being +8 and the S.O.S. mons being worth double, you max anyways in 14 kills (7 with pokerus)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm getting increasingly worried about my chances. What's the best way to ensure you can actually preorder a launch day video game console instead of being crowded out by all the other people preordering and being left out in the cold?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp, guess I'll take a break from making Type: Null love me and start catching some Ultra Beasts...
I'm sure it's sick of me stuffing Protein and Pomeg Berries down it's gullet...

Poke Pelago seems really frikking useful for dex completion, since I can leave pokemon there to level up so there's less training involved to evolve them and leaving those in Isle Avue to gain happiness (hope I won't forget them there though)
I should make a run around the islands collecting berries as well...

Also got a Scyther and Lapras visiting, so hopefully they'll decide to stay as I haven't caught either yet...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
but if its stressin you out, why subject yourself to that?

I know Im the odd one, I just take whatever Im given, They all work well for me
Patience is awarded well. A nature that benefits the Pokémon's desired role is vital to its success in multiplayer and higher streaks in the Battle Tree, for example. The boost in stats can make a difference.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is pretty much me while waiting for the Overwatch Christmas Patch...

On the other hand, I got to see Dr. Strange yesterday. That was a great movie.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did you thinnk I brought a Lv1 Abra through the E4?
I REFOUGHT EM, AND AM SOFT-RESETING AT THE STATUE.
IT'S JUST TAKEN NOW ABOUT 60 TRIES; ONLY TWO OF WHICH THAT ~1/6 CHANCE HAS GOTTEN IT CAUGHT.

Edit: My process.
>Lead with Abra, give it X-Items until Koko kills it to burn turns
>Pallosand used Psychic
>A. Persian uses Fake Out
>Xurkitree lands hypnosis
>Fast Ball

Double edit: CAPTURE 3, IT'S DAMN ADAMANT
Oh, well then to save time, I suggest you go out outt to poni wilds and raise abra to like level 30. That should save you reset time.

Good luck.

Chrono.

So I saw this video on my recs and I was initially rolling my eyes but I decided to watch it anyway, it's actually pretty well made.

Warning that it contains spoilers for Sun and Moon.

And for anyone wondering no the timeline shown in the thumbnail is just one from an earlier point in the video.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That would be great, if Sony would let me download it on my PSTV. :[
Sorry for you then, I hope you will find a way to play this game one day.
As for me, it's going to be weird to play a game that old on a big TV screen. I hope everything will work out fine.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
After actually watching the anime, it does look well animated, the problem is how weird some frames(which are clearly visible) and still shots look

This is what I'm talking about: how exaggerated these moments are
It's everywhere in most anime and it's just cringy and overused
For ****'s sake Ash couldn't even pronounce Pokedex and made, like, 5 different expressions on said scene
Just because one frame looks off doesn't mean it's done poorly if it works well in motion, even if clearly visible. Animation isn't about the individual frame, but rather every frame working together. If one "questionable" frame helps make the whole product better, then the show is better off for it.

This looks disgusting on it's own, but in motion it works.

As for the exaggerated expressions, I think it makes the show a lot more lively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom