• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Good, good, now just come in a little further, embrace it, its your destiny.

And you think that a Yuri fan that cares nothing for Yaoi would care because...?

Also no malice meant in that comment, I just have no opinion on Yaoi one way or the other, since I don't care for it at all.

Anyway on another note, I have a theory about the discontinuing of the Wii U, basically if Iwata was still alive, I get the slightest feeling that it would've been around a little longer maybe about a year or 2, maybe. Since it seems that Iwata was committed to keeping Wii U owners happy. So basically I feel the discontinuing of the Wii U for the end of this year, was decided my the new management, just my thoughts on it.

And I know some of you probably don't want this brought up again, but I'd like some actual proof of this, basically I read that Pokemon Uranium was actually getting money, now I know that this was supposedly going to paying for the online features, but if it was receiving money, if it was going towards web servers, then the money reason is why it got shut down, since Nintendo's policy for fan creations is that no money is made for it, even if the devs aren't using it for personal gang.
Because actual gay relationships are basically non-existant in anime unless they're fanservice for the opposite gender
YoI doesn't use any of the usual Yaoi tropes and makes a believable and actual gay couple

This is imporfant because now shows can't just Yaoi/Yuri bait viewers and expecting it to be okay, because if Izetta ends without at least a kiss(because I'm pretty sure Izetta herself won't survive to the end so an actual couple is unlikely), it's gonna get a lot of flak

I mean, you may not care about it but YoI certainly opens the possibilities for more representation in the future

Chrono.

I just learned that Alolan forms can't have their evolutions cancelled.

Why is this?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Why is this?
Is it all of them, or just trade/stone evolutions? The latter have always been non-cancelable IIRC.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Because actual gay relationships are basically non-existant in anime unless they're fanservice for the opposite gender
YoI doesn't use any of the usual Yaoi tropes and makes a believable and actual gay couple

This is imporfant because now shows can't just Yaoi/Yuri bait viewers and expecting it to be okay, because if Izetta ends without at least a kiss(because I'm pretty sure Izetta herself won't survive to the end so an actual couple is unlikely), it's gonna get a lot of flak

I mean, you may not care about it but YoI certainly opens the possibilities for more representation in the future
Well, something you have to bare in mind about the Yuri subculture, it thrives on Yuri subtext, so the way that Yuri fans are drawn in, is very different from the way Yaoi fans are drawn in, since most Yaoi fans are in it for the 2 hot guys, while the Yuri fans are in it more for the actual romantic aspects that come from being in a relationship.

Also the whole representation thing isn't really present for most Yaoi and Yuri fans, they're mostly just happy sticking to their shipping.

Yeah, if Izetta does end up dying, and she does end up having a romantic relationship with Fine, then Fine has to die to. Now your probably wondering, wait why does Fine have to die to? Its a pretty simple answer, the story of Yuri couples where one partner dies and the other survives, if you'll pardon the unintentional pun, has been done death so many times, that literally every Yuri fan is pretty much sick of it.

D

Deleted member

Well, something you have to bare in mind about the Yuri subculture, it thrives on Yuri subtext, so the way that Yuri fans are drawn in, is very different from the way Yaoi fans are drawn in, since most Yaoi fans are in it for the 2 hot guys, while the Yuri fans are in it more for the actual romantic aspects that come from being in a relationship.

Also the whole representation thing isn't really present for most Yaoi and Yuri fans, they're mostly just happy sticking to their shipping.

Yeah, if Izetta does end up dying, and she does end up having a romantic relationship with Fine, then Fine has to die to. Now your probably wondering, wait why does Fine have to die to? Its a pretty simple answer, the story of Yuri couples where one partner dies and the other survives, if you'll pardon the unintentional pun, has been done death so many times, that literally every Yuri fan is pretty much sick of it.
Yuri and Yaoi fans aren't usually gay, so of course they don't care about representation
And how YoI has been received proves that a lot of people do care about representation, and those people aren't happy with "just shopping", they want actual gay couples not the **** you see everytime in Yaoi or Yuri shows

I started watching Izetta for the war setting not for the Yuri bait that they throw around constantly and oh boy am I going to be mad if it ends up being JUST bait

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
since most Yaoi fans are in it for the 2 hot guys, while the Yuri fans are in it more for the actual romantic aspects that come from being in a relationship.
You need to watch YoI then because that is one of the most pure parings I have ever seen
I started watching Izetta for the war setting not for the Yuri bait that they throw around constantly and oh boy am I going to be mad if it ends up being JUST bait
Same here I watched YoI for the skating and they threw around the romance a lot and people feared it will just be bait but lookie lookie, they are going to get married now

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jojo DiU Episode 37 spoilers
Hayato tricked Kira, managed to undo Bites the Dust and blew himself up to save Okuyasu, good thing this kid doesn't have a Stand because he'd break the badass scale that way

Josuke just won't give up that easily on his friend.
I swear if Okuyasu dies :'^(
That blood-blade tho, no idea how that works but I'm letting it slide

"I thought the rain sounded like Josuke screaming"
Are you ****ing kidding me, Jotaro?
Hey remember when I PMed you a picture of Okuyasu I while back?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yuri and Yaoi fans aren't usually gay, so of course they don't care about representation
And how YoI has been received proves that a lot of people do care about representation, and those people aren't happy with "just shopping", they want actual gay couples not the **** you see everytime in Yaoi or Yuri shows

And, how much does the representation thing represent the Japanese fanbase may I ask? Because I get the slightest feeling it isn't as big as it it in the American fanbase, and besides I really don't want to get into this, I'm in the Yuri fanbase because I enjoy shipping 2 girls together and that's it. And besides the Yuri fanbase has survived on subtext shows for years, its literally what keeps it alive for many seasons, but let's leave it at that, because this is really not sub thing we need to get into here.

And way changing the subject some what slightly, how are you enjoying Izetta, no spoilers please for those watching it, just how much are you enjoying it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Why is this?
Yes they can

I have a team of level 50 alolan meowth with pickup I've had to cancel their evolution for a while now

D

Deleted member

Hey remember when I PMed you a picture of Okuyasu I while back?
**** you and your ***** ass spoiling lies
And, how much does the representation thing represent the Japanese fanbase may I ask? Because I get the slightest feeling it isn't as big as it it in the American fanbase, and besides I really don't want to get into this, I'm in the Yuri fanbase because I enjoy shipping 2 girls together and that's it. And besides the Yuri fanbase has survived on subtext shows for years, its literally what keeps it alive for many seasons, but let's leave it at that, because this is really not sub thing we need to get into here.

And way changing the subject some what slightly, how are you enjoying Izetta, no spoilers please for those watching it, just how much are you enjoying it?
I'm not talking about it being a case of survival for the genre, but about giving what some always wanted
I have no idea for the japanese fanbase, of course, but ig's not like the western fanbase is completely ignored now that anime has things like Crunchyroll

As for Izetta, I am enjoying it a lot, as I said some pages ago, it's the only non-sequel anime that I didn't drop this season
WWII with witches as a premise didn't disappoint me at all and I love the political alliances and propaganda the show focuses on. And of course, there's also the beautifully animated action scenes.

There are some things I don't like(like the germanian characters all being completely evil and episode 8 trying too hard to force a emotional reaction) but they aren't that big of a deal.
Then someone on TVT ****ed up.
TV Tropes took someone's headcanon as canon and plastered it all over the WMG, YMMV and Tearjerker pages as fact

Chrono.

lol This is awkward.

A 4 year old sent Chunsoft DR fanart, except DR is an M rated series and deals with a lot of, well, mature themes. So it's pretty weird that this got posted at all.

Also why can this 4 year old draw better than I can.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All this talk about gay characters make me wonder if the gay character we were dabbling with would be any good.

What do you think Opossum Opossum I think you helped think that one idea up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
lol This is awkward.

A 4 year old sent Chunsoft DR fanart, except DR is an M rated series and deals with a lot of, well, mature themes. So it's pretty weird that this got posted at all.

Also why can this 4 year old draw better than I can.
Eliot: Mommy look, this game has a cute bear in it!"

Mother: "Well let's have a look at it. Rated M? Must be a mistake. Alright Eliot you can have it."

And thus the fanart was born.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bet the reason a lot of people throughout SM talk about your first Pokemon is because pokemon following you went until late in development.

I wonder if it's being added to Stars

D

Deleted member

Mini rant (?) incoming
Has anyone here ever wanted to slam their head in their desk while watching a let's play because the person who played the games made some cringy mistakes and you can't help it because they're recording this in advance and therefore can't read your comment?
I'm currently expiriencing that.
One of my favorite Poketubers is playing Pokemon Sun and I cannot count the number of times he thought a type resisted a certain type because the attacking type was weak to the defending type (I.E. Bug resisting Dark, Ground resisting Fire)
He also made some other cringy mistakes such as automatically assuming that Vulpix can only be found on Mount Lanakila (at the same episode he discussed that he also mentioned that Serebii began covering Sun and Moon so I have no idea why he didn't just check) and keeping Acrobatics on his Decidueye rather than teaching it Brave Bird (I understand Brave Bird has recoil, but the fact you have to not hold an item in order for Acrobatics to be anywhere near as strong Brave Bird is a huge drawback)
It made me cringe so hard it's not even funny.
Sorry if I wasted your time

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Mini rant (?) incoming
Has anyone here ever wanted to slam their head in their desk while watching a let's play because the person who played the games made some cringy mistakes and you can't help it because they're recording this in advance and therefore can't read your comment?
One of my favorite Poketubers is playing Pokemon Sun and I cannot count the number of times he thought a type resisted a certain type because the attacking type was weak to the defending type (I.E. Bug resisting Dark, Ground resisting Fire)
He also made some other cringy mistakes such as automatically assuming that Vulpix can only be found on Mount Lanakila (at the same episode he discussed that he also mentioned that Serebii began covering Sun and Moon so I have no idea why he didn't just check) and keeping Acrobatics on his Decidueye rather than teaching it Brave Bird (I understand Brave Bird has recoil, but the fact you have to not hold an item in order for Acrobatics to be anywhere near as strong Brave Bird is a huge drawback)
well, I know they already recorded it and already know now so I dont get mad
on a different note, I found this

D

Deleted member

All of this gay talk and I'm the only who here who even has said he likes meat. :p

I probably would've have added into the conversation had my laptop not died a bunch of times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Mini rant (?) incoming
I mean.
Some of those continue to throw me off after 20 years.
Like thinking Ground resists Fire; because god knows how well fire spreads on a desert.
....Also using a lot of Ground/Type-That-Resists-Fire, like Swampert, Wishcash, Flygon, Garchomp, Gastrodon...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I found an absol in the wild.

Wasted like 30 various pokeballs trying to catch it. I ended up dying completely. It was level 30 and had 1-2 parts of it health...cmon. Timer balls didnt work either.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
All this talk about gay characters make me wonder if the gay character we were dabbling with would be any good.

What do you think Opossum Opossum I think you helped think that one idea up.
Simple. Have him be an enjoyable character who happens to be gay. Just don't go 'LOOK THE CHARACTER IS GAY HE LICKS BUTTS AND THINKS WEENIES ARE YUMYUM GAAAAAY HOMOHOMOHOMOHOMO'

D

Deleted member

I mean.
Some of those continue to throw me off after 20 years.
Like thinking Ground resists Fire; because god knows how well fire spreads on a desert.
....Also using a lot of Ground/Type-That-Resists-Fire, like Swampert, Wishcash, Flygon, Garchomp, Gastrodon...
I can understand why people would have problem with that.
But the guy literally made two seperate videos where he talks about Pokemon resistances and weaknesses.
Also, knowing that he's gonna repeat these mistakes and I can't really do anything about it is pretty frustrating.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Simple. Have him be an enjoyable character who happens to be gay. Just don't go 'LOOK THE CHARACTER IS GAY HE LICKS BUTTS AND THINKS WEENIES ARE YUMYUM GAAAAAY HOMOHOMOHOMOHOMO'
I feel like people are doing this more

Making a character gay just to make him/her gay

Like... just make them normal, they are human, I pretty sure

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
And to add an addendum.
If the romantic relations of the character are going to be an important part; leave it to debate.
Persona 4. Both how Kanij's written (though it's more "questioning homosexuality" given his speech when accepting his Shadow and eventual infatuation with Naoto) and... honestly, the Protag himself are handled to an extent at least toy with it, without it ever going hard that way for either.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel like people are doing this more

Making a character gay just to make him/her gay

Like... just make them normal, they are human, I pretty sure
I know people are going to get on your ass as this is kinda poorly worded, I see you either mea 'Don't make them a stereotype' or 'Don't pretend it's important'
For example, Captain Cold in CW Flash is pansexual but it's never brought up. Or Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty, a show for adults which only really has 1 reference if you look hard enough. Or Star VS The Forces of Evil in which Star gets turned on by a booty shake

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
the Protag himself
Hold up, really? I didnt notice this Or was it because of all his stuff with Yosuke?

Oh yeah, and Yosuke was meant to be a romanceable option too
I know people are going to get on your *** as this is kinda poorly worded, I see you either mea 'Don't make them a stereotype' or 'Don't pretend it's important'
For example, Captain Cold in CW Flash is pansexual but it's never brought up. Or Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty, a show for adults which only really has 1 reference if you look hard enough. Or Star VS The Forces of Evil in which Star gets turned on by a booty shake
I need to learn to word stuff right :034: Sorry about that but Im glad you get what I mean

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Breeding Pokémon the slow way

Have 2 perfect IV's so far

D

Deleted member

This.

Well, kind of. There is no guideline, like, at all. Just make whatever the goal of the character is besides being gay. Even then I don't think it's bad to have a gay character to be horny or sexual, I mean, as long as it isn't poorly written or out of place in the story, things like that. But I see it no different than a normal, horny heterosexual character that brags or whatever about their relationships.

D

Deleted member

Wasted like 30 various pokeballs trying to catch it. I ended up dying completely. It was level 30 and had 1-2 parts of it health...cmon. Timer balls didnt work either.
I just checked and Absol has a catch rate of 30.
That's... A lower catch rate than the cover legendaries.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hold up, really? I didnt notice this Or was it because of all his stuff with Yosuke?

Oh yeah, and Yosuke was meant to be a romanceable option too

I need to learn to word stuff right :034: Sorry about that but Im glad you get what I mean
Yosuke, yes, was originally meant to be an option. But, there are some other hints.

The willing way you CAN handle events during the Culture Festival, taking effeminate roles, and people commenting on how "naturally" you do so.

Kanji's social link, at the end... though I can't recall if it was Rank 10 or 11, I swear he makes some remark about thinking about you two together for a bit of time.

And, Golden Exclusive, there's a scene where you may willingly take Teddie innocently/romantically "glomping" you.

Edit: You can try to grasp SOME straws from a number of more tradionally girly things you can do for jobs and S.Links, and of course this is less... supported than hetero.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

You were just unlucky. Got mine with a Quick ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom