• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
well, I know they already recorded it and already know now so I dont get mad
on a different note, I found this
HarmoKnight is wildly out of chronological order even if it fits the order of complexity, and it's kind of bothering me. :4megaman:

*EDIT* On second thought listening to it, that's gotta be WAY better than some of the further arranged ones. What was the logic there?

*EDIT EDIT* GBA was more jammin' than I was expecting, maybe it was complexity and the bar is just absurdly high.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well since I'm in the post game I can jse pre gen 7 pokemon now.

Hello Pinsir and Crobat. Goodbye Vikavolt and Salazzle.

D

Deleted member

You know the one thing that excites me about the DP remakes? Better Defog accessibility
Because since it got that buff in Gen 6, most Pokemon rely on either coming all the way back from Gen 4 or find a parent with it
Eliot: Mommy look, this game has a cute bear in it!"

Mother: "Well let's have a look at it. Rated M? Must be a mistake. Alright Eliot you can have it."

And thus the fanart was born.
Eliot now has mever-ending nightmares
Mini rant (?) incoming
Has anyone here ever wanted to slam their head in their desk while watching a let's play because the person who played the games made some cringy mistakes and you can't help it because they're recording this in advance and therefore can't read your comment?
I'm currently expiriencing that.
One of my favorite Poketubers is playing Pokemon Sun and I cannot count the number of times he thought a type resisted a certain type because the attacking type was weak to the defending type (I.E. Bug resisting Dark, Ground resisting Fire)
He also made some other cringy mistakes such as automatically assuming that Vulpix can only be found on Mount Lanakila (at the same episode he discussed that he also mentioned that Serebii began covering Sun and Moon so I have no idea why he didn't just check) and keeping Acrobatics on his Decidueye rather than teaching it Brave Bird (I understand Brave Bird has recoil, but the fact you have to not hold an item in order for Acrobatics to be anywhere near as strong Brave Bird is a huge drawback)
It made me cringe so hard it's not even funny.
Sorry if I wasted your time
I don't blame him for assuming "SE damage=resistance" as I'm pretty sure most of us did on their first games
And I prefer Acrobatics for ingame usage, BB's recoil is significant and you can pair it with a Berry
Kissasian is dead, that means I can't watch my goddamb Kamen Rider or Sentai anymore. This day officially started and ended horribly
Pretty sure the Kiss sites are just temporarily down, they should be back in some days(hopefully)

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Pretty sure the Kiss sites are just temporarily down, they should be back in some days(hopefully)
Kissasian is dead, that means I can't watch my goddamb Kamen Rider or Sentai anymore. This day officially started and ended horribly
It was down since yesterday. They're upgrading their servers and should be back in a few hour (24 initially). You can actually mess with your DSN to access it right now.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Phew, finally have some proper free time. Been pretty busy with school work this week, so the only thing I was able to do on Smashboards was quickly browse through threads and post in the RTC thread.

And it seems like today is the perfect day to post on this thread. Lots of interesting stuff to talk about!

For starters, that new Pokemon Generations episode:

Yeah, definitely not one of the best episodes, but I did find some pretty enjoyable moments. I really liked the opening where Lysandre showed off the Holo Caster. It reminded me of the those Apple presentations hosted by Steve Jobs/Tim Cook whenever they show off their newest product.

The cameo with Diantha was pretty neat. It's pretty much the same scene from X/Y when you first meet her, except Calem/Serena isn't present. It felt better than the actual scene in X/Y, and I like the cinematography in that part, especially when it focused on Lysandre pouring out his drink like that. I think the liquid had some pretty deep lore.

I didn't enjoy the 2nd half of the episode as much as the 1st part, but the way how they were referring to Lysandre's secret project was pretty neat. X/Y's story definitely could've benefited from hinting at the later events in the story with something like this.

In all, this episode is lower on my list of favorite Generations episode, though I enjoyed it as much as episode 9 and more than Episodes 10 & Episode 3.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who liked Kalos...
You're not alone. I actually enjoyed Kalos quite a bit. It had some pretty neat music (all the the Route tracks were especially good IMO) and some memorable locations, not to mention it gave us the Friend Safari and I thought Sycamore was one of the best professor in the series (before Kukui came along). I really wish Kalos got that proper Z-version or have it appear as a postgame region in Sun and Moon. I really want to learn more about Lysandre, Malva, & AZ, see what's on the other side of those train tracks, learn the mystery of the Lumiose City ghost girl, and so on. The region feels incomplete...

But if there's one real good thing about, it's that its anime series was definitely one of/the the best in Pokemon anime history. Some of the flawed aspects of X/Y were much better handled in the anime, like Team Flare and Diantha.

Pazzo. Pazzo. Erureido Erureido

It's that time again. You know, another Attack on Titan chapter is out.

The Owl has one of the nine titan powers, the Attack Titan. And it turns out that the Owl is quite the manipulator to have made his way through the Marleyan elites and sacrificed many of his fellow Eldians to keep this disguise and help the Eldian rebellion in secret.

After telling his past to Grisha about how he saw previous revolutions fail and in his guilt of having sacrificed so many of his own kin, he entrusts the Titan power to Grisha so he can infiltrate the walls and find the original titan power (perhaps, it's the coordinate?). This power is, of course, in the hands of Eren, who is also the true name of the Owl, implying that Grisha named his son after him, which makes sense since the Owl inspired him to be part of the Eldian revolution.

As the Owl keeps talking, it turns out inheriting titan powers is not without a cost: the inheritor has 13 years of live remaining. Ooh, the unlucky 13. I wonder if this is an intentional choice by the author for some symbolism.

As suggested in the previous chapter, these flashbacks are being relayed by Eren to Armin, who's taking notes. Eren knows this from both the memories he's inherited alongside the titan powers as well as the information found in the basement. The two realize they both have a rather short lifespan now that they've both got titan powers within them. If that person dies without bestowing those powers, they're sent to another Eldian person. All titan power bearers are drawn to this mysterious original titan power.

The debates that follow are interesting. Was Ymir a messenger of god or a devil? There's no definite answer, as the two sides paint her in different ways, fitting each of their agendas. There's so much that could be said about this, wouldn't you agree? The truth could lie somewhere in between, after all. Overall, I like the political undertones behind this story and how realistic they are portrayed, in spite of the otherwise very fictional scenario.

Owl's debate on whether letting Dina become a mindless titan or be caught by the Marleyans and left to their own schemes is also insightful on his idea of sacrifices. Choosing a lesser evil is sometimes the only option in such a dilemma. The Owl knows he couldn't have saved all of his countrymen. That is his burden, but not something that will stop him from achieving his goal: the freedom of the oppressed Eldians.

That contrasts greatly with Grisha's pain in losing his wife, his son and his friends. He likely would have not joined the movement if he knew that he was going to suffer like this. That, of course, is very much in line with this series' main message: without sacrifice, nothing is achieved. That is beautifully shown as the Owl goes on a rant to make Grisha stand up, keep fighting and atone for his sins, much like how he fought to atone for his own sins and achieve the freedom they desire.

Grisha dared to step outside the walls because he, like the Owl, wants to be free. As such, he stands up and continues the Owl's fight. Grisha inherits the Attacker Titan, a titan that represents the desire of freedom: the Owl's freedom of not being oppressed because of his ethnicity and Eren's desire to step outside of the walls and see the world outside. And in a sense, those represent their respective predecessor and successor Grisha's desires as well.

The juxtaposition of this final dialogue with the Survey Corps' soldier and its winged logo really drive this point home.

Of note, this titan's name in Japanese is actually "Shingeki no Kyojin" (meaning "the attacking titans", but since there are no plurals in Japanese unless actually specified or implied by context, the expression can be both and serves as a title allusion and its possible true meaning: the Attack Titan, as in the title character, Eren!). Of course, the translation Attack Titan also alludes a bit to the title, but not as exact as the Japanese original.

Whew, I wrote a lot. I've really enjoyed these chapters for their depth and political themes. Very thought provoking and relevant to the current times too.
I'll tag Pazzo. Pazzo. as well to tag along in this discussion.

It was another great chapter. I never would have guessed Kruger's first name was Eren all along. It now makes perfect sense why Grisha named his second son Eren, and I think it was a great name. Eren Kruger is a cool dude. It's even worth noting that both Erens resemble each other a lot, especially Eren Kruger when he was a child.

I'm pretty glad we got to hear most of Kruger's backstory. I thought there was some interesting language going on when Kruger told Grisha, "All the hatred I saw in your eyes seemed enough to reduce this whole world to ash." Next thing you know it, we learn Kruger's dad and and everyone that was part of that revolutionary army (including their families) were executed for trying to instigate a revolution. Not only did Kruger want to reduce the whole world to ash out of anger just like what Grisha felt so many years back, but he actually watches his family and the heroes that were going to start a revolution for his people's sake burn to ash.

It's also worth noting that the remaining members of the Fritz royal family created that revolutionary group Kruger's father joined, and all of them were killed by the Marley authorities. Remember when we learned two chapters back that Dina was the only member of the Fritz royal family living in Marley? Seems like we now the reason why: because she came from that very family. I wonder how Dina managed to survive. Was she hidden away much like what happened with Kruger, or perhaps she was just somewhere else at the time? Seems like we'll never know, but I have a feeling that event must've led Kruger to finding Dina. Considering Grisha was a child when Kruger was a young adult and Dina was about as old as Grisha, I think Dina was probably an infant when her whole family was executed alongside Kruger's father.

And oh man, the big reveal: once you become a Titan Shifter, you only have 13 years left to live. This is mix of a shocking plot twist and a big reveal. It's a huge plot twist it finally answers some questions we've been pondering about for a while
  • It reveals why the Reiss family kept having those succession rituals where the old Coordinate holder was eaten by the successor. It makes perfect sense why Uri Reiss aged up like that, but now that makes me wonder how old Rod Reiss really was when Uri died, because Rod too looked a middle-aged man by the time it came for Frieda to inherit the Progenitor Titan
  • It seems like Grisha turned Eren into a Titan Shifter not only because he wanted to remain hidden from the Reiss family after stealing the Coordinate/Progenitor Titan, but probably because he knew his own time was running out soon (the look of desperation on his face at the time could be a clue)
  • Though not confirmed, it's probably a major reason why Zeke resents his father so much: perhaps Zeke learned about what happens to Titan Shifters at some point during his time being trained as a warrior.
  • Not a major plot reveal, but could this be a detail that will be mentioned in Ymir's letter to Historia? We still don't know where Ymir is at the moment, but if the theories about Ymir being dead are true, perhaps the "Curse of Ymir" is what killed her? On the other hand, Ymir holds a lot of secrets to the plot that it doesn't seem like she'd die so soon. Man, this Ymir wait is making me ponder.
Yet this reveal is also tragic. Our main protagonist, Eren, only has 8 years left to live, and Armin only has 13 years left of his life. Man, I was really hoping Eren would be alive by the end of this considering all the tribulation he has been through. You can even see how devastated Mikasa is by this news. She can't bear accepting the fact the two people she is closest to will die at some point. I too wonder whether the number 13 was just a coincidence or it could really be connected with that "Devil."

Another thing I found pretty interesting about that scene with Eren and Armin is that Armin is writing down everything that Eren recalls from those recent memories he just received. It reminds me of the idea that Armin is the narrator of the story, and considering how he outlives Eren at the moment, perhaps it explains why Armin narrates everything and not Eren.

I was pretty surprised by the reveal that a Titan Shifter who doesn't pass down his/her power to someone else simply has that power transferred to a random Eldian baby. Distance nor blood relations play a role in that. I'm starting to think this is how Ymir Fritz "split her soul" into the 9 Titan powers: she died without someone else inheriting the power first, so 9 Eldian babies inherited each aspect of her power... and one of them inherited the Progenitor Titan. They say blood relations have no role in that, but the only way the Coordinate/Progenitor Titan is fully awakened is if it is in the possession of the direct descendent of Ymir Fritz. Or maybe this was passed down to a random Eldian child, and said child later discovered those powers and realized the need to protect it? It keeps me guessing.

I even wonder how did Kruger gain his Titan powers. It seems very unlikely they'll explore Kruger's backstory any further, but maybe he got his powers Titan Shifter powers when he was born much like what Eren (or technically what Kruger was saying to Grisha) was saying?

I also really liked these two panels:

^That was a really good transition! Eren and Kruger share the same name and resemble each other, so that kind of pan-over fits well.

Now for those words: We now know why the Progenitor Titan was named "the Coordinate." The name "Coordinate" was apparently invented by several Marleyan scientists.

And those "paths" are really interesting to hear. Something tells me that Eren is going to see them sometime towards the end of the manga, and I think it will be a pretty powerful scene.

The Ymir Fritz mystery is pretty interesting indeed. Now we hear that that she made contact with "the source of all organic life." Was this "source" really a creature of some sort or perhaps some kind of natural wonder.

You made some really great points about Kruger's dialogue with Grisha. Indeed, you can see the theme of sacrifice present as Kruger bestows Grisha the mission to infiltrate the walls and retrieve the Coordinate/Progenitor Titan. I kind of wish we saw the exact moment Grisha became a Titan and ate Kruger, mainly because I want to see how would Grisha's Mindless Titan form would look like and then we can watch Grisha's journey to the wall, but I think the way they brought Keith Shadis into it really made up for it. I especially love the detail Isayama put into showing Grisha's face of awe: it's like he was fascinated by the Wings of Freedom symbol and the fact there are humans within the walls who seek freedom just like him.

I too like how the name "Shingeki no Kyojin" was actually referring to Eren's Titan all along. It's a clever detail. The name "Attack Titan" will take some getting used to though. I remember earlier translations calling it the "Advancing Titan," and that name grew on me more.

Seems like next week's chapter will probably return completely to the present again now that Grisha's backstory has finally met up with Keith's backstory from Chapter 71. I predict Ymir's Letter will kick in anytime between next month's chapter or the 2-3 months following it.

After reading this chapter, I can honestly say Kruger is one of my favorite characters in the series, even if he only appeared for three chapters: his backstory, his dialogue to Grisha, what he does to Gross, it's hard to dislike a character like him. I'm pretty curious to see how well will he do in a future popularity poll. I know he's already becoming a popular character for what he did to Gross, and I think this chapter will only increase his popularity even more.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like there's a pattern when I look at NeoGAF threads.

Thread title: "I like thing!/Thing Exists!"

Posts responding to thread: "Thing is awful and it sucks!"

I get that different opinions are a thing but the sheer frequency and at times the tone almost feels like some people can't handle others actually liking what they don't like and have to compulsively put down anything that doesn't match their tastes.

It's to the point where people that are apparently notorious for being pessimistic on there come off as average and level headed compared to many of the posts that often crop up.

And then there's the "I hate thing!" threads, which just generate a huge response of "Oh me too, thing sucks and is awful!"

Actually enjoying things or having a neutral/balanced opinion? What's that?

Although NeoGAF is still leagues upon leagues above the comment sections on basically every news site ever. At least there's SOME positive impressions on NeoGAF glinting between the masses of pessimism, and at least SOME shred of dignity to much of the pessimism. News articles are basically the ultimate driveby magnets. It's like some people only read news articles to insult what they read about after them. Like YouTube comments but even worse.

D

Deleted member

There are lots of characters who are clearly LGBT characters out there that aren't the stereotypical exaggerated camp gay character but when people point out that, it's usually shut down with "that doesn't mean they're gay" or "stop forcing 'muh progressive'"
I've seen people deny that Ruby and Sapphire are a couple or even the "subtle but still there" couple from GF. And some to this day still believe Soleil is straight
And if you tell me RanpoXPoe isn't canon then I'm gonna punch you in the face
This.

Well, kind of. There is no guideline, like, at all. Just make whatever the goal of the character is besides being gay. Even then I don't think it's bad to have a gay character to be horny or sexual, I mean, as long as it isn't poorly written or out of place in the story, things like that. But I see it no different than a normal, horny heterosexual character that brags or whatever about their relationships.
I feel like Niles is a perfect example of this
I mean, he's bi but you get the point, MCorrinXNiles are probably the most responsible parents in that entire game

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's hard watching Holly and Ross play Pokemon Sun when Ross keeps saying things that are wrong about pokemon.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There are lots of characters who are clearly LGBT characters out there that aren't the stereotypical exaggerated camp gay character but when people point out that, it's usually shut down with "that doesn't mean they're gay" or "stop forcing 'muh progressive'"
I've seen people deny that Ruby and Sapphire are a couple or even the "subtle but still there" couple from GF. And some to this day still believe Soleil is straight
And if you tell me RanpoXPoe isn't canon then I'm gonna punch you in the face

I mean, he's bi but you get the point, MCorrinXNiles are probably the most responsible parents in that entire game
MCorrinxNiles aren't parents since you don't get the child units when they marry.

D

Deleted member

Well I beleieve that

Mostly because the character cant marry a female MC like um * looks at hand* Not Tharja can
Gameplay-Story Segregation
She is clearly interested in other females and almost of all of her supports are about that
Even the controversial MCorrinXSoleil supports are focused on how she can't control herself near "cute girls"
The game just doesn't allow it because hell if I know what goes over IS's heads
MCorrinxNiles aren't parents since you don't get the child units when they marry.
They adopt two kids at the "where are they no" epilogue.
Thing is, they don't have kids in the middle of a ****ing war, leave them in a separate dimension where time flows faster and grow up without their parents only to eventually be forced to fight in a war they shouldn't be fighting only to possibly die
Tl;dr their childhoods were basically ruined
Except Forrest, it was a good thing he didn't have to grow up with ******** book marth

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
She is clearly interested in other females and almost of all of her supports are about that
Even the controversial MCorrinXSoleil supports are focused on how she can't control herself near "cute girls"
*shrugs* I'll call the character bi/gay when she is allowed to marry both male and female like Niles can

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I accidently used Water Shiruken on Psychic Terrain and lost my Battle Tree streak...
...Anyone wanna lie on the ground and feel like garbage with me?

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Moon update:

Primarina: Level 43
Gengar: Level 43
Tsareena: Level 41
Charjabug: Level 40
Umbreon: Level 40
Gigalith: Level 39

Got through the Aether Paradise. I have to say, I really did enjoy the high amount of double battles here. In-game I've always preferred them to single (though competitively I'd rather go with singles because I'm actually somewhat decent at those). TBH the lag never bothered me, since I only really noticed it once. Beyond that, it was barely there. Anyways, onto the three noteworthy battles.

Faba rematch: Much better than the one that took place just a little earlier. A double battle to make it more interesting, Ledian actually being a decent partner (especially for Faba's lead 'mon) and two more Pokémon for old Faba. Not difficult or anything though.

Guzma: Also much better than the one in Po Town. More Pokémon is always nice. And surprisingly... I nearly got beaten. Masquerain real hit hard thanks to the stat buffs it got, and Ariados with Fell Stinger is crazy if it can KO anything. I still laugh every time Golispod comes in only to get wrecked by Tsareena.

Lusamine:
>"OK, if the last battle was tough, there's no way this one will be any easier. But I gotta get through this..."
>Lusamine sends out Clefable
>Oh god... well, this isn't competitive battling, so this thing can't be too bad, right?
>Clefable used Cosmic Power
>"OH GOD YES IT CAN YES IT CAN WHY MUST THIS MONSTER HAUNT ME"
Clefable the demon aside, this was easier than Guzma. Bewear was the only other threat. Everyone else? OHKOed or in Milotic's case, easily stalled.

:094:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, so @Zoroarking also watches Bungou Stray Dogs? And I thought I was the only one. Haven't kept up with all the episodes, though, but it's a good series. The idea of an action series based on literature puts a creative spin on it.

Erureido Erureido
Yeah, the whole deal about Eren and Armin's years being numbered is indeed tragic. And nice connection between the number 13 and Ymir's portrayal as a "Devil" by Marley. There definitely might be some symbolism surrounding that number.

I mean, even if the powers aren't bestowed on someone else, there's still a successor doomed to get one of those powers. This limit does explain the need to find a successor and find the primordial power (which I think it's the Coordinate, as it allows control over other titans).

In a way, the titans may represent tyranny, which is ironic since Marley is a tyrannical regime itself. But therein lies what could be political commentary, on how often tyrants are taken down only to be replaced by another tyrant.

Also, nice observation about how Zeke might hate his father for what he did. Thinking about it, though, Zeke sells out the Eldian rebels and appears that he has been brainwashed somehow by the Marleyan narrative. However, it may actually seem that, upon getting the titan powers, he discovers the truth somehow and resents his father Grisha for throwing him into such a predicament.

The one thing that bothers me about this is how Zeke seems to be quite old to have survived so long with those powers, assuming he already had them when he denounced the Eldian rebels. He was still clearly a child when he defected, so it's hard for me to believe that the time between that moment and the present is just 13 years, considering how Eren clearly is older than 13.

It makes me think that Zeke only got his powers later on and really was persuaded in denouncing his father, which is kind of the implication considering how Grisha wasn't very subtle in indoctrinating his own son like he did.

Oh well, I suppose later chapters will develop Zeke's backstory and any other missing details a little more.

D

Deleted member

Yes, exactly! That's what I mean. Is it sooooo wrong to see gay character love? It's just that even that goes into "camp gay" category to some people which makes little sense to me. I'm just tired of characters that are like "Oh yeah, I like the same sex" or however it's shown that they're gay. But then nothing of significance is really done with it, it always seems like a shallow attempt to be appease progressives, rather than be progressive. Do you know what I mean? It's not that I dislike characters that are just implied or stated to be gay. It's just that it feels kind of effortless and heartless when that's the main method of being "progressive" rather than showing them to be in actual relationships or actually showing interest in other guys/girls. However, even though it is a limiter, perhaps I'm just misjudging and this is just a step to get forward.

Wish I could express this better, I usually do, but I'm feeling sick today.

I guess it's due to limitations and wanting to even things out between both sexes. Though IMO
They should've just had her have female supports anyway and all of them too. And to balance things out they should have one male that has all guy supports too. Hmmm.... I wonder who. :p

But yeah, that's how I would've done it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I guess it's due to limitations and wanting to even things out between both sexes. Though IMO
They should've just had her have female supports anyway and all of them too. And to balance things out they should have one male that has all guy supports too. Hmmm.... I wonder who. :p

But yeah, that's how I would've done it.
There was something about Soleil I just didnt like tbh. I kinda found her annoying. probably the whole thing most people like her for.

But I guess if Shara and Niles and marry the same gender ( Although I wish they could marry everyone I wanted Niles and Jakob to marry) then I guess Soleil should too

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, the newest Shantae: HGH update explains why we previously haven't heard info on the status of Wii U download codes emails: They "aren’t ready yet, but they’re coming! Stay tuned! "

As long as I get it before the 20th (same day it releases to the public everywhere), I'll be patient.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, so @Zoroarking also watches Bungou Stray Dogs? And I thought I was the only one. Haven't kept up with all the episodes, though, but it's a good series. The idea of an action series based on literature puts a creative spin on it.
And I thought I was the only one here that watched it :p
What episode are you in?

I only started to notice the literary references after I started looking up stuff on the wiki and when the Guild characters were introduced(but it was still only, like, Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe that I recognized because I'm not that familiar with North American literature). Though looking it up shows how much thought is put into each character for them to represent the author they're based on: as characters themselves and especially their powers.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I managed to defeat half of Red's team before he defeated me.

His pikachu is ****ing level 70. I have no pokemon over 60.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Welcome back to 'Mental Bowling: The Manga".

Erureido Erureido Frostwraith Frostwraith

Good chapter. Really nailed down the themes of sacrifice in the face of great evil.

Not really a huge Owl fan in the end. I feel like Grisha was a much better man, although he does make questionable choices in the end (according to the Reiss' side of the story).

I've been waiting to see where Eren and the (nonexistent) Corps go from here, but now I'm a little worried Eren will make the same mistakes as those who possessed his power in the past. Again, it all comes down to how far one can go (to justify themselves) for a good end. Armin seems better equipped, considering his character development.

Speaking of which, the "Paths" sounds a little like Quantum Entanglement. I wonder what this "Source of Organic Mater" is too. Hope it's not just some alien machine or whatever.

The "Attack Titan" sounds like an adaption of what should be "Advancing Titan". I can live with it though.

Last thought: 13 years sounds a little wacky. How long did Grisha really have the power? How old is Zeke?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sometimes I worry that my favorite franchises might have less of a chance of getting sequels because people are just pirating them instead. . .

I mean, I guess I should be happy that people enjoy them at all, but with things that aren't multi million sellers there's a worry in my head that every copy lost decreases the chances of ever seeing a franchise again slightly. . .

I guess maybe I should take solace in the fact that whatever fate is there was probably sealed during Day 1 when no piracy would be happening yet, I just. . .feel odd.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Because actual gay relationships are basically non-existant in anime unless they're fanservice for the opposite gender
YoI doesn't use any of the usual Yaoi tropes and makes a believable and actual gay couple

This is imporfant because now shows can't just Yaoi/Yuri bait viewers and expecting it to be okay, because if Izetta ends without at least a kiss(because I'm pretty sure Izetta herself won't survive to the end so an actual couple is unlikely), it's gonna get a lot of flak

I mean, you may not care about it but YoI certainly opens the possibilities for more representation in the future
It's the things like this why I loved No. 6 in addition to Yuri on Ice as far as LGBT anime goes.

At least they try to make the relationships between the two believable and not for the sake of fulfilling that fantasy most women desire. Sure some would call it "pandering", but at least it's the fresh of breath air compared to the more stereotypical yaoi stories that exist (as much as I didn't want to be harsh on these stories).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think the sound slider on my original model 3DS might be starting to go a little funny. Sometimes when I try to slide the volume off it keeps playing or slowly slides back on.

At least Sun is the last game I intend to let myself buy when the Switch comes out, with anything else possibly left being hypothetical Christmas presents. It might make playing games from franchises that don't get carried over a bit odder, though. . .

D

Deleted member

Say hypothetically, stars turned out to not exist, How would everyone react?
I'd say the end is near. :p

Seriously though, I wouldn't really be disappointment because I don't really hype up for things until they're announced.(And sometimes even when something is true, it can be cancelled or progress into something else.)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I guess I'd shrug it off since that was the theory I originally went with before all these leaks started popping up and Pokemon Company is pretty blatantly planning to move the series to the Switch anyway.

There's some nice things that could come out of an upgrade and doing so might give them some practice for developing other things on the Switch with greater skill, but seeing a remake or another region would be nice in their own ways as well.

D

Deleted member

I'd be shocked.

If that were the case, then what would all those objects shining in the night sky be? What would the sun be?

EDIT: Wow, I thought you meant actual stars rather than the rumored Pokemon game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I'd be shocked.

If that were the case, then what would all those objects shining in the night sky be? What would the sun be?

EDIT: Wow, I thought you meant actual stars rather than the rumored Pokemon game.
Well this is just about the funniest post on this thread.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd be shocked.

They'd either be the souls of past kings or fireflies that got stuck in some black thingy.

Or maybe markers that somebody put up there to make constellations, IDK.

The Sun is a manifestation of hubris that keeps us all warm in our arrogant ignorance or some pretentious explanation like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom