• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I know I have a ton of TvC bias, but I've been listening to Marvel 3 and TvC's soundtracks and I have to say, I hope that Marvel Infinite generally follows in the footsteps of TvC's soundtrack.

Though a few deviations to the music to be more reminiscent of Marvel 3's ost to spice things up would be nice.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I've been listening to Marvel 3 and TvC's soundtracks and I have to say, I hope that Marvel Infinite generally follows in the footsteps of TvC's soundtrack.

Though a few deviations to the music to be more reminiscent of Marvel 3's ost to spice things up would be nice.
I thought that since MvC3 and SF4 followed more or less the same genre (techno/electronic) MvCI would follow in SFV's footsteps and go with an indie/rock sound.

I do prefer SFV's sound over 4's but that probably just me, just like I like most of the songs in the older Vs games (and TvC) over MvC3.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Stars is going to be one of two titles, you have to buy BOTH of them for the Switch to get all the new content.

retailing at $70 each

Pokemon Stars and Pokemon Stripes

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So what are guys thoughts on this year in video games?

It was better than the last two years for me

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Stars is going to be one of two titles, you have to buy BOTH of them for the Switch to get all the new content.

retailing at $70 each

Pokemon Stars and Pokemon Stripes
Captain America approves:

I was always on the boat of people that preferred the TvC version of Ryu's theme to the MvC3 rendition, as well as MegaMan Volnutt's theme (a remix Flutter vs. Gesellschaft from Legends 1) to Tron's (also FvG).
Mega Man Volnutt's TvC and Tron's MvC3 themes have always been a toss up for me mo.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

I always thie rendition of Ryu's theme from an old SF2 cd was pretty neat too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned you can't trade Shiny Buzzwole

Sadly.

I was about to get one

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Promised Neverland won an award for most anticipated new series for Fuji TV.

I guess it isn't too early to call it this generation's Death Note. I'm quite happy about this since it's one of the more darker, but intriguing stories in the magazine (Unlike Amalgam of the Edginess).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So Promised Neverland won an award for most anticipated new series for Fuji TV.

I guess it isn't too early to call it this generation's Death Note. I'm quite happy about this since it's one of the more darker, but intriguing stories in the magazine (Unlike Amalgam of the Edginess).
So Emma for J-Stars Victory Versus 2? :troll:

But then again, they are all just defenseless human children for now that need to escape the orphanage in order to avoid being demon meat livestock.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Emma for J-Stars Victory Versus 2? :troll:

But then again, they are all just defenseless human children for now that need to escape the orphanage in order to avoid being demon meat livestock.
True. They would be support characters at best like Lala (who's a ****ing planet buster), Kuroko, and Hinata (NOT that one).

If any fighters can come out of Promised Neverland, I would want this crazy powerful maid.

At least we would have our first black fighter in a Shonen Jump crossover. :p

D

Deleted member

One thing I'm looking forward to in regards to X's inclusion in MvCI is the potential music remix(es). Hearing the MvC3 rendition of Zero's X2 theme for the first time got me pumped, and if executed well, a remix of one of the opening stage themes from the earlier X games could do the same.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what? I think if Smash 4 ends up having a definitive edition on the Switch, I'll really appreciate it if they add EVERY bit of content from both versions instead of just the stages, give or take some stuff with All-Star and Classic that had differences where they might be basically forced to pick one or the other.

Granted, it wouldn't be nearly as great as having all new modes and content, but. . .

Basically I always had a bit of an issue with the Trophies. Due to the "these games are on consoles, these are on handheld" mentality, some series got messed over in one version or another. Playing the 3DS version and want Mega Man, Punch Out!, or Xenoblade Trophies? Playing the Wii U version and want Kid Icarus Trophies or the DLC Fates Trophies? LOL nope, stay messed over.

Granted, maybe I can't necessarily expect them to bother polishing and upscaling something as insignificant as Trophies, but if they did I'd be pretty happy, both because I'd like additional content to look for and because it always bothered me what the divide between consoles and handhelds did to the Trophy selection. Both games get a deluge of Mario Trophies and to a lesser extent Animal Crossing Trophies because they're on everything, but the other stuff was all "pick your poison."

I'd like a version with both selections, basically.

. . .And some ported in models from games released after the fact would be nice, too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
True. They would be support characters at best like Lala (who's a ****ing planet buster), Kuroko, and Hinata (NOT that one).

If any fighters can come out of Promised Neverland, I would want this crazy powerful maid.

At least we would have our first black fighter in a Shonen Jump crossover. :p
And the fact that she is crazy strong too.

It would be the closest thing to beating Goku's *** with Aunt Jemima.

Except something tells me that she is a demon in disguise. No human would be that exceptionally strong.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I have the gym leaders and elite 4 decided for my game.

Gym leaders are: Duncan(Water), Freya(Fighting), Ivy(Poison), Lucian(Light), Ryuki(Dragon), Bea(Bug), Dillon(Grass) and Shad(Dark).

Elite 4 are: Blanche(Normal), Julie(Diamond), Candela(Fire) and Eagle(Flying).

Still need to decide gym badge names.

Chrono.

*shrugs*

Then you have the shiny monstrosity that goes by the name of Guzzlord. Ol' Guzz was already pretty ugly......making him shiny didn't help.
I don't know... Buzzwole's green makes it look pretty awful imo.

Actually, Pheromosa and Kartana are the only passable UB shinies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I have the gym leaders and elite 4 decided for my game.

Gym leaders are: Duncan(Water), Freya(Fighting), Ivy(Poison), Lucian(Light), Ryuki(Dragon), Bea(Bug), Dillon(Grass) and Shad(Dark).

Elite 4 are: Blanche(Normal), Julie(Diamond), Candela(Fire) and Eagle(Flying).

Still need to decide gym badge names.
Lucian, as in the Psychic Elite Four member from Sinnoh? :p

Chrono.

Wait, holy ****.

I just found the ugliest shiny from Gen 7, possibly the whole series.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, holy ****.

I just found the ugliest shiny from Gen 7, possibly the whole series.

I think it's so ugly, it comes back around and becomes beautiful

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know... Buzzwole's green makes it look pretty awful imo.

Actually, Pheromosa and Kartana are the only passable UB shinies.
Nope, totally disagree. It makes it look great

Totally makes it stand out. It's a blending of opposite colors

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
One thing I'm looking forward to in regards to X's inclusion in MvCI is the potential music remix(es). Hearing the MvC3 rendition of Zero's X2 theme for the first time got me pumped, and if executed well, a remix of one of the opening stage themes from the earlier X games could do the same.

X's theme is more than likely going to be either Central Highway or Sky Lagoon since they're THE X themes that people will think of before any other ones in the series. I'd personally rather have Sky Lagoon be X's theme over Central Highway as it sounds more hype and fast paced+it's one of my favorite songs in the X series. I still would be cool with Central Highway, or even the opening stages from X2 and X3 just as long as they get the remixes right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom