• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There's been some legitimate leaks before, I/ others just chose not to share them. At the same time, I heard a lot of false information (mostly from sources in Europe and America) -- in addition to the Shovel Knight rumor which I supported (I wouldn't consider it a mistake though as I learned a TON about rumor reporting and the nature of leaks. Hopefully what I learned will pay off with this one).
Seeing as how the ones people decide to make public all end up being fake, I'm guessing the grand majority of these ones "behind closed doors" are fake, too, with the "real leaks" being an incredibly small minority.

It's not really relevant, anyway. Fact of the matter is, every single rumor of this nature that has surfaced and picked up any sort of traction in the community has ended up being fake. There are no public examples of a genuine "My inside source has some Smash news!" leak. Given their track record, these rumors should have credibility on par with a typical 4chan "My dad works at Nintendo" leaks at this point....yet the community gives these the benefit of the doubt every time. We've reached a point where "This source is credible, trust me!" shouldn't cut it anymore.

Anyway, Im not trying to convince you -- I think skepticism is the best approach and I'm still a little skeptical myself...especially about the only 2 characters rumor. Im merely trying to explain why it's different this time and why I chose to even report on it.
It's....really not any different, though. It's another case of "This rumor has a trustworthy source!". The fake leaks I mentioned all had the same type of backing. It's just that the supposed source is different from the last supposed source.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Even if the online requirement is for piracy prevention, it just comes as mean spirited and cruel. You'd think Nintendo would believe in their brand enough not to be afraid of a few pirates here and there. As great of game makers Nintendo often are, some things they're are sadly ignorant of.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Are there better ways to prevent piracy? I honestly don't know.
Don't put your games on Android devices.

Even if the online requirement is for piracy prevention, it just comes as mean spirited and cruel.
In business, it's not about goodwill and kindness, it's about making a profit.

Be glad Nintendo puts enough into the niceness than a lot of other companies. I fail to see how any of this is mean or something like that.

Even African cities have WiFi.

Chrono.

So Japan started putting up Generations episodes.

The couple of episodes in the International channel had some pretty bad quality, glad to see these fixes it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The fact that it has no offline play kills a ton of the hype for me. What a dumb move.

Most of the people who want to play it will be playing it on the go on like, trains and subways and such. I know my public transport doesn't have free wifi...

Hopefully they end up seeing what they did wrong and change it. Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Don't most phones have data through phone companies now?

Anywhere there's a signal, there's internet?

IIRC, Clash Royal is online only too.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Clearly if we want to stop what went wrong with Smash speculation, we need to stop Smash Bros altogether.

If there is no Smash to speculate on, we can't make those same mistakes!

I SAY WE DESTROY EVERY COPY OF SMASH BROS EVER!

something something text infraction

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don't get Lysandre, why the hell does he do all of that stuff as Lysandre Labs if he's just gonna destory everything?
I still believe the XY plot would have been MUCH more interesting if Lysandre's and Diantha's roles were reversed
The woman you see twice in the whole game turns out to be plotting the apocalypse(and the whole "so that beauty never fades" would fit her better imo) and Sycamore's friend who you DO end up talking with sometimes(I still think his Holocaster call in Route 16 is the best written piece of dialogue in the entire game) ends up being the champion

Also
>The Beauty Eternal
YOU HAD ONE ****ING JOB

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Woah there friend you might need to have some text if you don't want to get a infraction.
Because infraction are TOTALLY not COOL!!...

Oh and, nice to see some DHMIS here. I wish I haven't missed the time where this series was hype and the speculation train was in fire.

D

Deleted member

*finds site with subbed 720p download*
Time for more Hayato's Bizarre AdventuRe: Zero feat. David Bowie as Kosaku Kawajiri

Chrono.

I decided to look at some early designs for Pokemon and geebus some of these are... Off.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mario smartphone game has to be online?

I can live with that. It's not "Should we be stupid or not stupid", it's "Should we let people pirate our game or not?"

It's a 10 dollar game without microtransactions for God's sake. Not having piracy measures would be pretty shortsighted.
On the contrary, this is only going to encourage it.

Expect a hacked and internet free version within days of the launch, and that's what most people outside the First World will be downloading.

Don't put your games on Android devices.
Then you lose 90% of the mobile games market. Apple's presence is practically nil outside North America and Europe.

They obviously want to branch out of their traditional market, if you go by Pokémon GO and Super Mario Run's releases. Draconian measures will not help them. Piracy is a risk that you have to accept if you want to branch out of the traditional video game markets of North America, Europe, Australia and Japan.

Or, If you're that afraid of piracy, go F2P like Pokémon GO did. F2P is a money maker, despite the bad reputation it gets from elitists.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually really liked this Generations episode.

I think it gave some interesting perspective to Lysandre.

Him being this major good guy to the public was a bit more interesting than the portrayal that was... off in the games.

Heck, I wish the games had Project X and Project Y mysteries like that. Figuring out what the project is (even if its obvious) would have been more fun than what we got in X and Y.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*finds site with subbed 720p download*
Time for more Hayato's Bizarre AdventuRe: Zero feat. David Bowie as Kosaku Kawajiri
Don't forget also the Airbender Plant Cat!
Because he is going to do damage if I say so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I decided to look at some early designs for Pokemon and geebus some of these are... Off.

Where does the first one come from? I remember seeing the latter two on Bulbapedia's page but I never saw that "beta Raikou"?

D

Deleted member

PG episode thoughts:
Yay, we're in Kalos! /s
In case you didn't know, Pokemon Y was the first Pokemon game I ever played, but I have to say that it's pretty flawed. I do like it, but it's still one of the weakest games in the franchise. One of the reasons for that is its story.
This episode was quite boring really, they just shown us some of Lysandre's backstory, which was really boring.
Ms. worst champion appears for like 5 seconds with no purpose but being bland as hell, just like always.
Literally nothing happened at this episode. The ending had me kinda hooked up (Mostly because of the remix of Lysandre's theme) but that's it really.
This was the worst episode in the series, hands down, but I can't say I set my expectations very high. I don't expect much more from the next 2 episodes.
Again, it's a shame that we're probably not gonna get Alola episodes.

Chrono.

Where does the first one come from? I remember seeing the latter two on Bulbapedia's page but I never saw that "beta Raikou"?
It's on Bulbapedia too, actually.

It's a beta design of either Raikou or Suicune, drawn by the artist who designed the legendary beasts and drew the Golden Boys Pokemon manga.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't most phones have data through phone companies now?

Anywhere there's a signal, there's internet?

IIRC, Clash Royal is online only too.
Not everyone has unlimited data they can afford to waste on a simple Mario game.
Source: Am one of those people.

It's a major turn off that doesn't even fix the problem it was meant to solve. Doesn't help that the full game has a ten dollar price tag either. If I'm paying that much for a mobile game, I should be able to play it offline.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who liked Kalos...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Even if the online requirement is for piracy prevention, it just comes as mean spirited and cruel. You'd think Nintendo would believe in their brand enough not to be afraid of a few pirates here and there. As great of game makers Nintendo often are, some things they're are sadly ignorant of.
Why would they believe in their brand? No one else does.

Just look at how shocked Nintendo employees were that the Mini NES was actually in high demand. They clearly don't have that much faith in themselves anymore.

And considering their fandom collectively treats them as some kind of horrible demon that only exists to disappoint them and the rest of the world either mocks them or flat out ignores them, it's easy to see why they wouldn't believe in their brand. Heck, even the last sentence of your paragraph hints at it. No one else thinks Nintendo is capable of being competent, so why would they?

Nintendo strikes me as somewhat demoralized with how they act shocked every time something they do has positive reception.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm gonna do a Year in Review for some games I beaten that came out this year

Collage 2016-12-09 12_27_04.jpg

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I like Kalos.
It was the first region I've ever been to.
But it just feels incomplete.
Like, what's in the power plants. Gamefreak, please. You can't just do that. Zelda taught me locked doors must be openeddddddddd

Chrono.

I like Kalos.
It was the first region I've ever been to.
But it just feels incomplete.
This is true.

XY in general feel like it's missing a couple pages, it's almost sad how SM make them look in comparison. SM (ORAS too) feels like a much more fleshed out experience that sets itself up for a possible sequel, but it could live without one. Meanwhile XY felt like a step backwards and like it was just stalling for a third version update, except the 3rd version never came so it just feels like an incomplete region and set of games.

Even the legendaries had barely any lore to them, just weapons for Lysandre to use and even Zygarde didn't get a shot in SM and instead was just a sidequest, justifiably so I believe.
Like, what's in the power plants. Gamefreak, please. You can't just do that. Zelda taught me locked doors must be openeddddddddd
egaddmario egaddmario

Fun fact, SM did this with another Power Plant.

Even worse because THERE IS A ROAD LOADING TO IT but there's a fence the way. Whoopsy daisy.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I literally just got to the Aether Island for the first time. It looks soooo cool. Lusamina is pretty but I feel like she's evil. Idk.

D

Deleted member

Jojo DiU Episode 37 spoilers
Hayato tricked Kira, managed to undo Bites the Dust and blew himself up to save Okuyasu, good thing this kid doesn't have a Stand because he'd break the badass scale that way

Josuke just won't give up that easily on his friend.
I swear if Okuyasu dies :'^(
That blood-blade tho, no idea how that works but I'm letting it slide

"I thought the rain sounded like Josuke screaming"
Are you ****ing kidding me, Jotaro?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Problem with Kalos is you can really feel the limitations of 3D holding it back. There were a lot less hidden secret areas. Only the Sea Spirit's lair counts and even then it's only an empty room.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My issue with Kalos is that it seemed...pressed for time, to put it simply.

There were some things it did phenomenally. I loved the whole French atmosphere it had going. The Fairy type was an amazing addition. Kalos introduced some great Pokémon, like Greninja, Talonflame, Klefki, Trevenant, and Gogoat, in addition to Mega Evolution. Volcanion is best mythical Pokémon. AZ was a fantastic character and when Floette came back I shed a tear or two, prior to it becoming a meme and losing all emotional impact. :p The Regional Dex was packed and Sycamore is a top tier professor. The Looker Bureau is one of my top post-game side quests of all time.

But man...the life of anyone not named AZ or Sycamore was...nonexistent. Lots of the music that should have been exciting was forgettable (can't remember the Elite Four theme at all) or bad (hated the gym leader theme). Don't get me wrong though, they nailed the more atmospheric pieces (Anistar City is great for example), but the Wild Pokémon and Trainer Battle themes were among the only standout energetic pieces.

Team Flare was lifeless. Even the HGSS Team Rocket admins I can remember the names of, but outside Xerosic I couldn't tell you any of the ones for Flare (and I only remember Xerosic since he was prominent in the Postgame). That's not even like the Sages where there were tons of them...there were only like three Flare admins. Lysandre's plan still doesn't make any sense. Didn't understand the Doc Ock form he took either. Hell I'm not even sure if he lived, but what's even worse is I don't really care whether he did or not.

Other NPCs didn't get better treatment. Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno have almost nonexistent amounts of character despite having been part of the protagonist's friend group. Out of them only Tierno left an impression on me (I liked that his team had the theme of dancing; it actually gave him some personality...not much, but some). The Gym Leaders are bar none some of the worst in the series. Sure, Gen I and II had some bare bones gym leaders, but the games were just starting out, so they weren't steps backwards. Kalos came off the coat tails of Sinnoh and Unova, the regions with the best Gym Leaders (the latter especially). The fact that most if not all the Kalos Gym Leaders never get seen outside their gyms is kind of embarrassing. Korrina was fine, but the rest...

Not to mention they had some of the worst badge names. The Bug, Fairy, and Psychic gyms give out the...Bug, Fairy, and Psychic Badges. To be fair. That one may be English only. As for other characters...I didn't even remember who Sina and Dexio were when they were announced to be in Sun and Moon.

I've been binging the non-filler XY episodes of the anime lately since I've heard they're good. Honestly? The anime does a hell of a better job getting you to care about Kalos and its characters than the games do. I actually care about Diantha, Grant, Viola, Shauna, Trevor, and ESPECIALLY Clemont now.

And as a more minor thing, I was so mad there was no payoff for the geothermal plant thing that was suspicious as hell. I thought for sure there'd be, like, a Volcanion connection at least.

Kalos needed another game, be it Z or X2Y2. It really would have helped expand on things. Fix what didn't work, elaborate on what did, that kind of thing. As a region I think it was fine for the most part, but man, it had some of the most forgettable characters of any Pokémon game. It just didn't feel enough like a world at times.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
*raises hand* I liked Kalos...

In fact

I liked the friends in X and Y, then I did Blue.

Also I noticed a while back, people brought up Goku, I think I have one of he many reasons why he, and other non-video game characters will never get into Smash Bros, from a purely business stand point.

Its a pretty simple one, its basically why most anime video-games don't see worldwide releases. Basically, think of all the companies that have rights to the Dragonball all around the world, which basically adds up to a licensing nightmare, which would lead to the amount of many that would needed to be spent to buy the rights to Goku, just makes him and others like him really not worth it.

Now if we compared Goku to someone like say Master Chief, even though Master Chief would probably never happen, but when compared to Goku, I'm sure as a business Nintendo would rather procure the rights to Master Chief, because its a simple case of talking to Microsoft, and only Mircosoft, where as Goku requires all the Japanese, American, European, and other companies that have the rights to the Dragonball brand, it adds up to something that no one would really want to deal with.

Also, I know that you lot move past it already, but if Gamecube VC is happening, can we please have a peripheral that allows the Wii U tablet and Wiimotes, to be played on the Switch, please, so that we can have the Digital eshop be ported over to the Switch, obviously with something like a £20 price drop for all digital versions of physical games.

Plus, if Luigi, Toad and Yoshi are playable in Super Mario Run, can we please have Peach playable as well, please.

Oh, and hi @Zoroarking

You still Trap trash? Or have you finally give into Yuri as the Serperior of the 2?

And Yes I did force a Pokemon into that sentence just now.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lots of the music that should have been exciting was forgettable (can't remember the Elite Four theme at all) or bad (hated the gym leader theme).
I agree with pretty much everything you said there.

But this.

I disagree big time.

Kalos had one of the best Elite Four themes. And that's actually a common opinion.

And while the Gym leader theme is hit or miss, I rather like it.

And the remix Korrina had.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

But this.

I disagree big time.

Kalos even had one of the best Elite Four themes. And that's actually a common opinion.

I like how they kept the Eletro wub wub type music for Sun and Moons E4

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like how they kept the Eletro wub wub type music for Sun and Moons E4
Fun Fact.

The reason the music in X and Y was so electronic was because it was based on European club music, something really popular in France.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I didn't dislike Kalos, but it was certainly lacking. I did like the friend dynamic that they had in mind, however they never really capitalized on it. Only focusing on 2 of the 4(?) friends was disappointing. Though I can understand they didn't want to overload the game with characters. Other than that the soundtrack was OK, certainly not as good or memorable as past games. And of course, the post games was absolutely pathetic Mewtwo, Zygard, and... What else? It was one of the weaker games but that's OK concidering all of them are great in their own way.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Fun Fact.

The reason the music in X and Y was so electronic was because it was based on European club music, something really popular in France.
And man was it good too. I love all the songs in X and Y
I dug up the list of countries it will release in: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2016/161115.html
1/6th of the countries are from Africa.

>Release a game in Africa.
>Have an always online requirement.

Please pick one, Nintendo.
Believe it or not, some places in africa do have electricity and Internet, Im sure

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

But this.

I disagree big time.

Kalos even had one of the best Elite Four themes. And that's actually a common opinion.

Yeah, honestly the E4 theme just didn't leave much of an impression on me. It just feels kinda...sterile, I guess? Yet I loved Sun and Moon's, funnily enough. And I still don't like the gym leader theme, haha. It makes stylistic sense, as you said above, but it's really just not my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom