• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Time to interrupt the current conversation with a Flight post regarding avatars.

Avatar changes aren't that big of a deal, and so the newest Aspyr avatar bears that mindset. It is an incremental update from the current one and features some changes to improve the design. I've actually been creating this since late last month, so as to not rush it out in the one day I'm planning to use it--- January 1st. It really is just a way to further polish the current one without actually having to create something from scratch.

Here is a larger version too if you want to see it in full detail.
It's got a nice design to it. Good job!

D

Deleted member

Wow, y'all just be making jokes and not understanding they're jokes today
I never joke though, never, I'm always completely serious and if anyone doesn't take me seriously then I curse them through my rituals.
That's basically one of my hats.

I guess someone found it on the hat rack and started passing it around for dress-up.
Well sorry if some of us like to play dress up. :p

I'm totally not implying cross-dressing guys

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Kind of weird they are mixing Peter, Ult.Peter and a little bit of Miles into the movie though. That's the only thing that seems off to me. I heard one guy is a mix of Ned Leeds and Ganke, who I assume is his fat roommate in the trailer. But I'm interested, Spider-Man's my favorite hero. And they managed to make Vulture of all Spider-Man villains actually threatening.

At least they got someone young for teenage Spider-Man, even if I prefer College/Adult Spider-Man a lot more. I assume they did this since this is the early on in the character's history in MCU, and to make him stand out more among all the grown heroes, so it makes sense. But most people are pretty familiar with Spider-Man, so I hope they cut down on all the origin stuff and get to the meat of the movie.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Could be pretty good.No sign of Xendaya, but I assume that if she is MJ, (Which I'm unsure of atm), then she'd probably be at the end.
She is in there.

See? And she's been confirmed multiple times to be named Michelle, probably Michelle Gonzalez from the comics. I don't know where the Mary Jane rumor came from...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
She is in there.

See? And she's been confirmed multiple times to be named Michelle, probably Michelle Gonzalez from the comics. I don't know where the Mary Jane rumor came from...
Honestly I didn't know that was her. The shot threw me off.

And that was just the last rumor I remember hearing.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Wonder if she'll actually have a bigger role, but I don't think that will be the case.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly I didn't know that was her. The shot threw me off.

And that was just the last rumor I remember hearing.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Wonder if she'll actually have a bigger role, but I don't think that will be the case.
They made her look pretty rough. Which is surprising for me.

Oh, yeah, I know that wasn't a rumor that you just came up with or whatever but it still baffles me that it was a rumour in the first place. That's not the hugest thing ever so why would that be worth keeping a secret? Y'know?

I hear she'll have quite a large role. Not for sure but she may end up being that third teir to that Peter Parker best friend relationship as usually is in a lot of movies.

D

Deleted member

I started to watch Jwittz's Pokemon Sun let's play recently.
His reaction to Youngster Joey having a Metapod is the best thing ever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They made her look pretty rough. Which is surprising for me.

Oh, yeah, I know that wasn't a rumor that you just came up with or whatever but it still baffles me that it was a rumour in the first place. That's not the hugest thing ever so why would that be worth keeping a secret? Y'know?

I hear she'll have quite a large role. Not for sure but she may end up being that third teir to that Peter Parker best friend relationship as usually is in a lot of movies.
I could see that happening, makes sense.

And yeah she is much rougher looking compared to usual roles which as you said is pretty surprising.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Zendaya might actually be Betty, since they're using Liz and those two were the first objects of Peter's affection.

Obviously they did use code names for the supporting cast. I mean that's obviously Ganke, he even has a Lego that he destroys when finding out his friend is Spider-Man, and they never had Ganke on a cast sheet.

D

Deleted member

She is in there.

I didn't even realize that was her, I thought she was a dude from the angle and my lack of volume while watching the trailer. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Zendaya might actually be Betty, since they're using Liz and those two were the first objects of Peter's affection.

Obviously they did use code names for the supporting cast. I mean that's obviously Ganke, he even has a Lego that he destroys when finding out his friend is Spider-Man, and they never had Ganke on a cast sheet.
Who is Ganke exactly?

D

Deleted member

Who is Ganke exactly?
He's a recent best friend of Spiderman's in the comic and is the only one who Spiderman shares it with.

It's not Peter's friend in the comics though, Ganke is a friend of Miles Morales, who became Spider Man after Peter died.(In that timeline anyway.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

"As previously reported, Zendaya is Michelle (presumably a new take on Michelle Gonzales, Peter Parker's one-time roommate in the source material), Tony Revolori is Flash (Thompson), Jacob Batalon is Ned (Leeds), and Laura Harrier is Liz (Allen). The latter seemed to indicate that this lot will all be friends, though Revolori confirmed he will be Peter's bully in the movie, so that remains the same!"

According to that, his friend is "Ned Leeds", who after researching is the person that hooks up with Betty

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ned makes no sense. Ganke makes far more sense? Where is this bit of info coming from?

Because Ned is a Hobgoblin in the future. And this kid is directly looks wise and character wise and role wise very similar to what Ganke is in the book.

Ganke btw was Miles Morales best friend. Looks like and acts just like the kid in the trailer.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ganke_Lee_(Earth-1610)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ned makes no sense. Ganke makes far more sense? Where is this bit of info coming from?

Because Ned is a Hobgoblin in the future. And this kid is directly looks wise and character wise and role wise very similar to what Ganke is in the book.

Ganke btw was Miles Morales best friend. Looks like and acts just like the kid in the trailer.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ganke_Lee_(Earth-1610)
From here

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...e-confirmed-for-spider-man-homecoming-a143846

I dunno how legit this site is

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, yeah, never trust comicbookmovie.com. They're basically just a site that runs with anything and doesn't fact check. Often makes things up too.

Kid could very well be Ned Leeds, but the actor looks like Ganke, acts like Ganke, and even has a prop in a scene that directly times him to Ganke. It'd be very odd for him NOT to be Ganke.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay, yeah, never trust comicbookmovie.com. They're basically just a site that runs with anything and doesn't fact check. Often makes things up too.

Kid could very well be Ned Leeds, but the actor looks like Ganke, acts like Ganke, and even has a prop in a scene that directly times him to Ganke. It'd be very odd for him NOT to be Ganke.
Well, I mean

The girls don't look like their in comic counterparts

Who knows

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, I mean

The girls don't look like their in comic counterparts

Who knows
I think it's obvious there is definitely code names at play, because while Liz isn't a pretty blonde white girl, and instead a pretty African American girl, the personalities and background are all there with Liz. Liz is still the popular girl at school obviously.

So I don't see why they'd essentially make a Ganke like character but name him Ned Leeds.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Still going by Dwayne Johnson and Ron Perlman to a lesser extent as my choices.

At least those two are doing their political homework compared to the two funny black guys and preppy female popstar.

As a matter of fact, Max Profitt Haltmann for Smash President. He would make Earth as a planet great again with The Haltmann Elite Works company.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still going by Dwayne Johnson and Ron Perlman to a lesser extent as my choices.

At least those two are doing their political homework compared to the two funny black guys and preppy female popstar.

As a matter of fact, Max Profitt Haltmann for Smash President. He would make Earth as a planet great again with The Haltmann Elite Works company.
Susie would be the better Planet Robobot representation IMO.

Also.

Sorry, I had to.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think it's obvious there is definitely code names at play, because while Liz isn't a pretty blonde white girl, and instead a pretty African American girl, the personalities and background are all there with Liz. Liz is still the popular girl at school obviously.

So I don't see why they'd essentially make a Ganke like character but name him Ned Leeds.
I'm not so sold on the whole codenames thing. I think it's just their own take on Spider-man and since there are so many popular Spider-man storylines they are melding them a bit. Remember, Marvel doesn't always stay comic faithful when it comes to their supporting cast. Zeemo, The Mandarin, that one character in Doctor Strange, Star-Lord, and to an extent Black Widow and Hawkeye. So, changing Ned Leeds to be more of a Ganke inspired character wouldn't be all that surprising.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just found out there actually is an anime called Yuri, On Ice. All this time i thought it was just a silly name the fans gave to the show, but nope, the ice skating anime is actually called Yuri, On Ice

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I accidentally challenged Blue.
I attempted to set up with Kommo-o using DD.... but yeah; 0 Speed IVs.
Mah boi Incenaroar had to save the day with his bulk.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I've heard this same sort of thing time and time again. Rogersbase? The Shovel Knight guy with the "100% perfect track record"? Neo's Nintendo of Japan employee who said Ridley was playable?

The amount of dead ends from "trustworthy sources" far, far outnumber the amount of actual info we've gotten from sources like this (which, to my knowledge, is absolutely nothing).

It's fine to give these people benefit of the doubt (and it's sorta your obligation as a game journalist), but I see absolutely no reason to take this with anything more than a grain of salt. It's just impossible for me to trust these supposed "insiders" by this point.
There's been some legitimate leaks before, I/ others just chose not to share them. At the same time, I heard a lot of false information (mostly from sources in Europe and America) -- in addition to the Shovel Knight rumor which I supported (I wouldn't consider it a mistake though as I learned a TON about rumor reporting and the nature of leaks. Hopefully what I learned will pay off with this one).

Anyway, Im not trying to convince you -- I think skepticism is the best approach and I'm still a little skeptical myself...especially about the only 2 characters rumor. Im merely trying to explain why it's different this time and why I chose to even report on it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, are the IV boosts from Bottle caps worth it at all levels or are they only worth it if you have a mon with a perfect moveset, ability and nature but trash IVs? Like 0 across the board.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know Smash speculation, rumors and leaks are back when people like @Burb are posting here again. =P

Also, hey everyone.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
God ****ing dammit
My therapist said I need to take this more seriously as Im the only person there who doesnt already dress more feminine after à year. Its not like I dont want to, its that I dont have the money to buy make-up clothes and a waxing session for my bushy brows

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The 3rd phase of the MCU is already shaping up to be better than the first and second.Civil war and doctor strange were great. GotG 2 and SpiderMan:Homecoming look to be great movies.Thor 3 is looking to be....better than the second one?Really have high hopes for this phase

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Oh, this is neat.
A pre-E3 screenshot of Smash 4 was found in Smash 3DS's code. As you can see, it is mainly built upon Brawl's assets. It even has Brawl's renders and textures too.

I guess this also a beta of the Punch Out stage as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, this is neat.
A pre-E3 screenshot of Smash 4 was found in Smash 3DS's code. As you can see, it is mainly built upon Brawl's assets. It even has Brawl's renders and textures too.

I guess this also a beta of the Punch Out stage as well.
Very interesting. Even the % meters are just slightly modified from the Brawl ones.

Of course, not surprising that Brawl's character renders are used as placeholders.

The ring's layout is close to the finalized version, but there are noticeable texture differences. The timer seems to display hours, something that was changed in the final version. The % meters and timer are somehow on the stage's big screen, probably due to being unfinished, as the final version doesn't have them. Still, it does have some elements that made it to the final version, albeit modified.

A shame that the resolution is low, because some details may have been lost as a result. Mario's model seems to be the one found in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

Overall, this, alongside the file system, serve as proof that Brawl was in fact used as a base for the new game, even though there are plenty of changes to the engine and several other assets.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
God ****ing dammit
My therapist said I need to take this more seriously as Im the only person there who doesnt already dress more feminine after à year. Its not like I dont want to, its that I dont have the money to buy make-up clothes and a waxing session for my bushy brows
If you need to talk, my PM box is open. Hope things work out for you, though. :)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Because FFXV and Pokemon have been taking most of my time lol
Eyyyy
I'm breeding Love Ball Modest Coldpix.
Nothing special in IVs.
Anyone want one before I wonder trade? ddoing this for the IV checker's "20 egg" thing
Edit: I think everstone affects Gender now. I've gotten like 10 girls in a row.
Vulpix has a 75% chance of being Female
I literally just hatched a 5IV Timid A-Vulpix with Moonblast, in a Luxury Ball, so I'm good.
No Freeze Dry? And Does it have it's HA?

Been making progress in FFXV as I'm now at Chapter 5
I just reclaimed the Regalia from the Imperial base that got Wrecked :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom