• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Considering Ash ditched Misty and Brock ages ago (yet after I stopped watching, at least for Misty, lol) why in good god are Jessie and James still around? I was sick of them and their role as perpetually empty threat before we even got to Johto. >_<

Maybe I'm alone in this...
To be fair, they're the only funny part of the show left.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I still remember people arguing about Ryu's importance when he got leaked along with Roy.
I remember people saying that he couldn't be in because of that made-up "One character per third party" rule.

I think we can expect this next speculation cycle to be better.

The last speculation cycle ended just a year ago, and most of the people who took part in Smash 4 speculation are still around, unlike the 6 year gap between Brawl and Smash 4. I believe people have at least learnt somewhat about the pitfalls to avoid.

Some toxicity is inevitable, but given the much larger number of people who have had experience with speculation this time, this cycle should be more pleasant.
I dunno, a lot of the mistakes seen during SSB4's main game speculation re-surfaced during the DLC speculation.

In fact, it was basically like a smaller scale repeat of the whole thing.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sun Update Poni Island
Andromeda
Kelvin
Epona
Flaahgra
Grinexx
Maverick (I finally made it!!!)

Look at this power!!!
I'm really digging my team in this playthrough...
Maverick put in a crap ton of work, and this was back when it was just a squishy battery...As a Charjabug he actually put in some serious work against Totem Mimikyu which is one of the hardest battles in the game...
Turtonator is just plain awesome...
Lurantis may be slow as hell but it hits hard....
Mudsdale is a literal wall...
Toucannon is jsut crafty with that Beak Blast
and Primarina...just with it's typing alone makes it such a good pokemon, and I always enjoy seeing it's Z-Move...

and even the reserves...
Navi
Ribombee was just a solid Pokemon overall, I chose not to put it on my final team because I already had Primarina as my fairy type, but it served as a nice temporary member while I'm grinding my way to Vast Poni Canyon to get Vikvaolt who I wanted to use from the beginning....
Loki
I mean...Sableye is already one of my favourite pokemon, but that typing made it very useful in this playthrough...

Anyway, everytime I saw the scene with Lillie on Exeggutor Island it was during the day, so I always saw a rainbow, but this time I was playing at night, and instead there was a meteor shower, which was pretty neat...IMO that makes it more of a special moment since it's rarer to see Meteor showers than rainbows (I myself have only ever witnessed one meteor shower)...

I feel like you guys can tell but I'm just too hooked on this game...I'm nearing the end of what is going to be my third playthrough of the game, so I feel like I've had enough experience with it to truly gauge how much I like the game overall...At some point I'll write up some thoughts and opinions of the game, as well as some areas I think could've been improved upon...well in other words a review

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't think they can make the Vulture a convincing villain

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
LMFAO, I never thought I'd see the day where Kanye is potentially going to have song named after No More Heroes. And 2 specifically, for some reason.
Maybe there will be a verse where he rants about Pizza Bar Jr. being a **** villain.

Like a certain YouTube gamer that I know.

D

Deleted member

I really don't think they can make the Vulture a convincing villain
Okay, I have a very, very strong theory on how they could make him a convincing villain to everyone. It's complicated, so read carefully.
He lays eggs on people's heads.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Maybe there will be a verse where he rants about Pizza Bar Jr. being a **** villain.

Like a certain YouTube gamer that I know.
That YouTuber does have a point.

Even though Suda 51's point with the final boss was to prove how revenge is supposed to feel unsatisfying, but it still doesn't excuse how terribad he is compared to NMH1's antagonist. Terrible design in terms of fights (especially the second one) and appearance (Sometimes I feel the last form is one huge joke from the developers of the team).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair, they're the only funny part of the show left.
Maybe in past seasons, but Sun and Moon all around has funny lines so far so it works out imo.
.......wat.

Still hyped for next episode.
The true star is going to be joining the team.
and then get released near the end of the season
:p

I'd be sad if Litten isn't caught though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know. . .if we REALLY want to avoid repeating the same mistakes twice with Smash speculation. . .we could always list what caused things to wrong in the past and then keep the list around for reference in case of emergencies.

It probably won't do much but it may as well be worth a shot.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know. . .if we REALLY want to avoid repeating the same mistakes twice with Smash speculation. . .we could always list what caused things to wrong in the past and then keep the list around for reference in case of emergencies.

It probably won't do much but it may as well be worth a shot.
Finding characters that are shoo-ins (unless they have a lot going for them).

That's one big one to consider.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Clearly if we want to stop what went wrong with Smash speculation, we need to stop Smash Bros altogether.

If there is no Smash to speculate on, we can't make those same mistakes!

I SAY WE DESTROY EVERY COPY OF SMASH BROS EVER!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Spider Man looks neat.

The opening trailer scene is funny. Vulture looks pretty cool at least.

And Interesting to see that Iron Man might do some fighting. I didn't expect that.

Could be pretty good.No sign of Xendaya, but I assume that if she is MJ, (Which I'm unsure of atm), then she'd probably be at the end.

Clearly if we want to stop what went wrong with Smash speculation, we need to stop Smash Bros altogether.

That doesn't solve anything. People would just complain and speculate on when the next game is.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like this Peter's choice in girls compared to the generic mainstream parker that likes the Blonde Cheerleader

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Spidey trailer out.

Why can't it be July already? ;_;
Vulture's looking pretty cool there and that end shot is nice. The part with him holding the boat reminds me of the train in Raimi's second Spider-Man film.

Shout out to the friend that drops a LEGO Death Star, **** takes ages to build.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Let me get started on that project then.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've noticed on Smogon, movesets give special attackers 0 Attack IV's

I know they aren't going to use the Attack IV's...

...Y'know, maybe it's to deal with confusion?
It also reduces the damage of Foul Play, a move that's gotten more common overtime
If Bruxish was playable in the next Smash, this would pretty much be my reaction
Spidey Homecoming trailer was ****ing amazing

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Considering Ash ditched Misty and Brock ages ago (yet after I stopped watching, at least for Misty, lol) why in good god are Jessie and James still around? I was sick of them and their role as perpetually empty threat before we even got to Johto. >_<

Maybe I'm alone in this...
Trust me....I still facepalm every time they show up in the anime...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
HOLY ****

Shiny Female Salandit first try! ( for the shiny, not encounter)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of like how in Spectacular Spiderman, someone called Vulture an "Old Buzzard" and he was like "That's what I'll call myself, the Vulture!"

And later the guy was like, "I didn't say Vulture, I said old buzzard"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Finding characters that are shoo-ins (unless they have a lot going for them).

That's one big one to consider.

I just downloaded a ton of sprites and images, so today you all get the fancy version.

Does this work, or is the message too strongly worded?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Took another jab at the Adamantoise, took me around an hour and 20 minutes to beat. Last time it took me an hour and 10 minutes to get a third of it's HP down. Using a good set up makes a huge difference. If I had the 100% crit buff it'd be even faster.

Too bad it took away all my items. By the end of it I was forced to use Mega Pheonixes to heal myself, which is a complete misuse. It's not even that the Turtle is hard, it's just a chore getting to whatever you need to hit and because it's so ****ing big it's a ***** to get the camera to stay on it.

D

Deleted member

I just downloaded a ton of sprites and images, so today you all get the fancy version.

Does this work, or is the message too strongly worded?
:4mario: Even disregarding the fact that the original 12 have been series mainstays, why would they cut the face of Nintendo?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
:4mario: Even disregarding the fact that the original 12 have been series mainstays, why would they cut the face of Nintendo?
That'll teach me to use hyperbole! :troll:

But really, barring some REALLY good wording that I'm not eloquent enough to manage it's either that or be too lenient and have people assuming their characters qualify for shoo-in status when they don't.

Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

. . .Although, if we want to go into hypothetical situations, someone COULD buy out Nintendo and then sell every other IP including Smash Bros to another company while keeping Mario, then proceed to refuse to loan him out. :4megaman:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, y'all just be making jokes and not understanding they're jokes today

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Dunno if this was posted earlier, so if it was I apologize
I gotta say, I really like that they got someone young to play Spidey, like younger than me (only by a few months, but still). Really helps sell the whole, he may have great power, and he may have great responsibility, but he's a kid.

Chrono.

So I saw this on Twitter.

Just some fan art.

For those who don't know who she is, that's Hinata Wakaba, one of the main characters of Rival Schools. One day RS will be back ;_;

D

Deleted member

Time to interrupt the current conversation with a Flight post regarding avatars.

Avatar changes aren't that big of a deal, and so the newest Aspyr avatar bears that mindset. It is an incremental update from the current one and features some changes to improve the design. I've actually been creating this since late last month, so as to not rush it out in the one day I'm planning to use it--- January 1st. It really is just a way to further polish the current one without actually having to create something from scratch.

Here is a larger version too if you want to see it in full detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom