• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like this is how Smash speculation ended up after a certain point last time.

. . .Yup, I made trash again.

Let's hope for Smash Switch we can all be a little more optimistic. It got pretty dreary for a while with Smash Wii U/3DS.

Chrono.

I know y'all don't care for racing games much but I thought this was really cool.

http://imgur.com/gallery/mB55e

Someone used Forza Horizon 3's Photo Mode to pay tribute to other racing games from Outrun to Burnout to NFS Most Wanted.
Not Edge Maverick?
Deathstroke the Terminator?
Night Thrasher?
Ragna The Bloodedge?
I almost forgot Edge Maverick.

That's one of the most jarring dub name changes I've seen.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel like this is how Smash speculation ended up after a certain point last time.

Let's hope for Smash Switch we can all be a little more optimistic. It got pretty dreary for a while with Smash Wii U/3DS.
The only way to fix this is for them to make Isaac and Bomberman playable.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Burb Burb returned?

Sweet baby Jesus. I know we used to fight/argue like all the fricking time in my Roger Smith era, but man did I miss the hell out of you.

Yousa always been good for thread.

Yousa also apparently turn me into bomb bad Gungan, Jar Jar Binks.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As far as Smash Speculation, been there, done that. I'd be happy to see almost any character at this point, even if some unlikely choices would be preferred for my personal taste I guess.

Not Edge Maverick?
Deathstroke the Terminator?
Night Thrasher?
Ragna The Bloodedge?
Night Thrasher is an okay name. I never realised how Edgy Deathstroke the Terminator sounded. And Ragna the Bloodedge is the worst name ever.

Edge Maverick sounds like a Mega Man boss.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

It ain't trash when it tells the truth.
I know y'all don't care for racing games much but I thought this was really cool.

http://imgur.com/gallery/mB55e

Someone used Forza Horizon 3's Photo Mode to pay tribute to other racing games from Outrun to Burnout to NFS Most Wanted.

I almost forgot Edge Maverick.

That's one of the most jarring dub name changes I've seen.
It got my game on there

"TO THE WINDOWS, TO THE WALLS"

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb Burb returned?

Sweet baby Jesus. I know we used to fight/argue like all the fricking time in my Roger Smith era, but man did I miss the hell out of you.

Yousa always been good for thread.

Yousa also apparently turn me into bomb bad Gungan, Jar Jar Binks.
We got along pretty well in my last few months before departing!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Smash Speculation got to **** levels of Bad for me when the whole Shovel Knight mess and RogerBase/Nikki rumor of October 2015 where we had no one to believe in and everything was coming up something big and saying we saw the next new fighters

From all the same tropes we got ourselves into before with pre-release with Smash 4 and Brawl.

And all we got was characters that we have little to no chance

:4cloud: "Nintendo wouldn't use a character that was on their opposition's system"
:4bayonetta:"She's too violent and will jack up the rating" (I made this argument)
:4corrinf:"They wouldn't dare put in another FE character, especially from a recently new game"

All I'm saying is this:
Shut up and enjoy the ride. Speculation is almost infeasible when we come up wrong almost every time

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lmao I just angered some spanish guy on showdown.

I was playing OU, and my team is Mega Aerodyctl, Bewear, Celesteela, Zygarde 50%, Sillvaly Electric, and Alolan Golem.

I put Zygarde in about half way through the match, when both sides lost some pokemon and they were spamming switching/sucker punch from their lycanroc.

I got 3 dragon dances off cause they spammed their sucker punch. Meanwhile, they had a milotic capable of one shoting zygarde and I would have lost to if they did.

They start speaking spanish in the chat so I google translate it.

"You use legendaries? Have you no shame?"

I responded "si"

Zygarde then sweeps them and they type what translated to "Wow what talent"

I just sit there and laugh.

Don't blame me for you having no smarts. Also It's freaking OU, I encounter two to 3 legends per match, I'm bringing one legend and you'll deal with it.

Stay Fresh Showdown.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash Speculation got to **** levels of Bad for me when the whole Shovel Knight mess and RogerBase/Nikki rumor of October 2015 where we had no one to believe in and everything was coming up something big and saying we saw the next new fighters

From all the same tropes we got ourselves into before with pre-release with Smash 4 and Brawl.

:4cloud: "Nintendo wouldn't use a character that was on their opposition's system"
:4bayonetta:"She's too violent and will jack up the eating" (I made this argument)
:4corrinf:"They wouldn't dare put in another FE character, especially from a recently new game"

All I'm saying is this:
Shut up and enjoy the ride. Speculation is almost infeasible when we come up wrong almost every time
Bayo would jack up my eating?

That sounds pretty lewd...

I thought the only eating was done by Kirby.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If the Switch Smash port has a one or two really cool newcomers like K. Rool, it'll be an instant buy for me.

If it doesn't have any new characters...I'm still probably going to buy it on launch date...I'm just going to be salty about it...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

:4bayonetta:"She's too violent and will jack up the eating" (I made this argument)

All I'm saying is this:
The only one I didn't think was likely was Cloud, because FF had a lot of early games on NES. I'm fine with him in though, he's at least fun to play.

Still prefer Mega Man and Ike though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We got along pretty well in my last few months before departing!
Indeed, we did. But even before when we were arguing I realized the thread needs both points of view on things. So it's nice to see you back.

What's your thoughts on the Switch so far, man? You missed all that hype.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

All I'm saying is this:
That may be so, but I will bet my bottom dollar that Chrom will be the Fire Emblem representative that Sakurai chooses. No way it'll be Robin. That's crazy talk.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Bayo would jack up my eating?

That sounds pretty lewd...

I thought the only eating was done by Kirby.
And Yoshi and Wario and Dedede

Not counting various video game enemies from various series, of course, in which case the number goes up sharply.

Even when it shouldn't.

Even when it really, really, really shouldn't.

Last edited:
If the Switch Smash port has a one or two really cool newcomers like K. Rool, it'll be an instant buy for me.

If it doesn't have any new characters...I'm still probably going to buy it on launch date...I'm just going to be salty about it...
WELP TREND GOT BROKEN BECAUSE OF 2 IN ONE DAY

and they dont stop coming and they dont stop coming and they dont stop comin and they dont stop coming and they dont stop coming and they dont stop coming.

getting closer and closer to getting the gang back together.
although tehponycornand egadd seem to have already returned to being MIA
:061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reaction time!

Scenario: Smash Switch has a Pokémon newcomer from generation seven. However, that newcomer is Bruxish. How do you react/celebrate/cope/riot?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Smash Switch: The game where we finally get Shrek'd.
Reggie: *walks out on stage at E3*
Reggie: "Somebody once told me, the world is gonna roll me."

The crowd waits in silence and anticipation.

Bill: *walks out on stage*
Bill: "I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed."

Sakurai: *walks out on stage*
Sakurai: "Everyone...Shrek."

The crowd bursts into extreme applause.

D

Deleted member

Reaction time!

Scenario: Smash Switch has a Pokémon newcomer from generation seven. However, that newcomer is Bruxish. How do you react/celebrate/cope/riot?
Give Sakurai a Malicious Moonsault.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reaction time!

Well it's not the kind of Pokemon that would appeal to me, but I suppose it's at least worth appreciating that it would offer a unique moveset.

I'm not really sure how or why it happened, though.

Fallout would probably be worth running for shelter.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Reaction time!

I POST ON THE INTERNET IN ALL CAPS TO EXPRESS THAT I AM UPSET AND INSTEAD OF JUST USING EXCLAMATION POINTS I PUT SOME ONES IN THERE TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE I AM IN DISTRESS AND NOT FULLY FOCUSING ON WHAT I AM TYPING!!!1!1!!!1!!1!11!!!

Reaction time!

Burn something.

But since bruxish is water type the fire gets put out.

So then i just get pissed.

And then i wake up

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Reaction time!

Honestly the only reason I'd get upset is because they didn't choose Magikarp.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Reaction time!

It ain't Mimikyu. I'm greatly upset

Honestly the only reason I'd get upset is because they didn't choose Magikarp.
This, at least do it right and bring in the true joke fish Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

Burn something.

But since bruxish is water type the fire gets put out.

So then i just get pissed.

And then i wake up
And then Incineroar is revealed and all is right with the world.

Come at me Decidueye supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom