• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What I've noticed about a lot of people's Smash list for new characters is always the same like it's always the same 6 characters. That's fine and dandy but you guys made the same choices for over last year and I hate to be the Debbie Downer but you do realize everything is different. Its why I don't even make predictions for characters anymore. We all suspect K. Rool, Wolf and Inklings but we didn't get them last year, but instead characters we wrote off and never have them a chance (except for @Fumi-Chan! and he's the only one that could say that)

So how long until this Spider-Man Homecoming trailer is supposed to drop? I have no idea when Jimmy Kimmel is supposed to start since we don't air his show here :p
Where it's early in the morning for you guys, it'll be late at night for us.

Soon in other words, hope you don't have to do anything tomorrow

Oh, hey, there's a new round of stupid Smash Bros rumors going around, complete with a new group of "TOTALLY LEGIT INSIDERS WHO ARE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!1111". Better check SmashBoards and see what's up there.

Huh? A notification? Haven't been here in ages, someone tagged me in something? Let's see what it is....

.....jesus christ. :facepalm:
Welcome back buddy, all we need now is @True Blue Warrior and we're all set :026:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Oh, hey, there's a new round of stupid Smash Bros rumors going around, complete with a new group of "TOTALLY LEGIT INSIDERS WHO ARE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING!!1111". Better check SmashBoards and see what's up there.

Huh? A notification? Haven't been here in ages, someone tagged me in something? Let's see what it is....

missed you too buddy

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

About freaking time my lord and savior has returned.

D

Deleted member

Now we wait for the thread to fanboy all over their favorite user coming back
Welcome back

Now all we need is vaanrose and Neo back

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

LORD BURB!

He has returned to save us all!

But welcome back! It be fun having you here if smash switch is confirmed]
Now we wait for the thread to fanboy all over their favorite user coming back
Welcome back

Now all we need is vaanrose and Neo back
At leas I get to download the awesome mods vaanrose is making for Smash wii U.

His Ravio Link is pretty good and one my favorites.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Smash 4 character speculation... It's back again... and so are all of you.

The ride never ends.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It really feels like the old days again, seeing so many old names pop up. :laugh:

Never talked to you, @Burb, but welcome all the same.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know you've been here a while when even the "old names" are "new names" to you. xd

D

Deleted member

I still remember one of vaanrose's last posts on this thread before leaving
vaanrose after the Corrin and Bayonetta reveal said:
I'm out, lol.
He'll always be remembered as the guy who leaked crazy taboo master core super hars
About freaking time my lord and savior has returned.
LORD BURB!

He has returned to save us all!

But welcome back! It be fun having you here if smash switch is confirmed]

At leas I get to download the awesome mods vaanrose is making for Smash wii U.

His Ravio Link is pretty good and one my favorites.
I guess "fanboying" isn't the right term here
I think it's more of "worshipping"

Wonder what's going over the newer users' heads...
"Why the hell did everyone start acting like Jesus showed up?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What I've noticed about a lot of people's Smash list for new characters is always the same like it's always the same 6 characters. That's fine and dandy but you guys made the same choices for over last year and I hate to be the Debbie Downer but you do realize everything is different. Its why I don't even make predictions for characters anymore. We all suspect K. Rool, Wolf and Inklings but we didn't get them last year, but instead characters we wrote off and never have them a chance (except for @Fumi-Chan! and he's the only one that could say that)

Where it's early in the morning for you guys, it'll be late at night for us.

Soon in other words, hope you don't have to do anything tomorrow

Welcome back buddy, all we need now is @True Blue Warrior and we're all set :026:
In my eyes Inklings are more a case of Splatoon being too, ahem, fresh during Smash 4's timeframe but the extreme magnitude of Splatoon's success as of now making them much more reasonable than during the Wii U/3DS DLC wave where they didn't even have a game released for the entire base game and a chunk of the Ballot's timeframe.

Heck, I got annoyed during the first period of time people started begging for Inklings because I felt like it was jumping the gun since no one even knew how the game would do and thus whether Inklings would even really stand a fair chance. 4 million copies later and I figure the squids have proven their point, though.

That said, I feel that there's going to be at least one character directly influenced by the Ballot added to the port, and I don't expect Inkling to have been the second most voted for character in the slightest simply by virtue of the series not releasing at the start of the Ballot. While something mundane could easily happen, there's also a fairly good possibility of a curveball being thrown, especially if there really are only two more characters (or two more "new" characters).

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

He'll always be remembered as the guy who leaked crazy taboo master core super hars

I came here a few years ago, normally I just lurked. But he was usually the only one with common sense...even if I didn't necessarily agree with him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

lol
and
And it's in a mostly joking manor over worshipping.

And they should have joined the cool kids club earlier
:p

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Someone posted this earlier, but here it is again in English
They didn't get a new voice actor for Sora right? It's the same guy from KH1 and 2 just even older now?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We never did find out who the others on the ballot were did we? What were Bayo's rankings again?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In my eyes Inklings are more a case of Splatoon being too, ahem, fresh during Smash 4's timeframe but the extreme magnitude of Splatoon's success as of now making them much more reasonable than during the Wii U/3DS DLC wave where they didn't even have a game released for the entire base game and a chunk of the Ballot's timeframe.

Heck, I got annoyed during the first period of time people started begging for Inklings because I felt like it was jumping the gun since no one even knew how the game would do and thus whether Inklings would even really stand a fair chance. 4 million copies later and I figure the squids have proven their point, though.

That said, I feel that there's going to be at least one character directly influenced by the Ballot added to the port, and I don't expect Inkling to have been the second most voted for character in the slightest simply by virtue of the series not releasing at the start of the Ballot. While something mundane could easily happen, there's also a fairly good possibility of a curveball being thrown, especially if there really are only two more characters (or two more "new" characters).
I can see maybe one but outside of that everything else is up in the air.

Hell, at this point I EXPECT Heihachi Mishima as a playable fighter in Smash now

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Didn't 2.5 just come out? I don't get this 2.8 thing.
2.8 is yet another remaster, this time of Dream Drop Distance from the 3DS. However it also comes with a brand new chapter to Birth By Sleep which not only aims to add more to the story but also gives you a feel of what Kingdom Hearts III would play like, provided there's not any drastic changes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
2.8 is yet another remaster, this time of Dream Drop Distance from the 3DS. However it also comes with a brand new chapter to Birth By Sleep which not only aims to add more to the story but also gives you a feel of what Kingdom Hearts III would play like, provided there's not any drastic changes.
They should just release 3 already.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
She was #1 of the applicable. I imagine Goku was the true #1
No, as in where did she rank? I think she was no. 1 in Europe but where did she rank elsewhere?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Looks like a certain late night show host couldn't hold his excitement from that one show.
This is just adorable to watch, honestly.

One of us. One of us. One of us.
I can see maybe one but outside of that everything else is up in the air.

Hell, at this point I EXPECT Hehachi Mishima as a playable fighter in Smash now
At this point my expectations are leaning against any more third parties for now, although there's no real reason for it.

I just get the feeling that with the port Nintendo might want to pick their own characters as additions for convenience's sake and then just play up all the third parties they added in the Wii U version. I'm not sure how they'll handle their marketing, but playing up Ryu and especially Cloud seems like something that would be low risk and high reward since a lot of casuals might not have paid attention to the DLC era.

They splurged on mainstream third parties before, now I can see them trying to convince their core crowd to purchase the game a second time while using what they already have to woo casuals that never bought it in the first place.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Top 5 in NA*

No mention of Japan

*Of "realizable" characters

:061:
For some reason I'm imagining the Japan list was nothing but the cast list of One Piece, followed by Goku.
As for America, most of you are American, you tell me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone posted this earlier, but here it is again in English
They didn't get a new voice actor for Sora right? It's the same guy from KH1 and 2 just even older now?
Nice, an English version, thanks! And I think it's still the same voice actor.

D

Deleted member

I'm still curious as to who managed to have more votes than Bayonetta, but wasn't "negotiable" or "realizable". Not that I expect Sakurai or Nintendo to reveal who those characters were.

Goku, Shrek, Harambe, Bayonetta.
IIRC Harambe didn't become a meme until after the ballot closed.

EDIT: Never mind. You were joking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom