• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I don't know if this has been discussed earlier, but a Switch exclusive game could be revealed this month.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't know if this has been discussed earlier, but a Switch exclusive game could be revealed this month.
Either that's a long shirt or those are tiny arms. :4megaman:

Any idea what it could be?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Man BoTW looks kinda disappointing now during the VGAs, the transfers and graphics look meh
>Wow it looks smooth during the Jimmy Fallon show

One was being played on a Wii U folks, I don't know why people were upset over a weaker version

http://www.strawpoll.me/11825922

Here's a completely unrelated poll but its one I have been wanting to do for a while.

How do you feel about the Sonic Adventure games?
They haven't aged well (SA1being the worst) but I do have great memories with them

SA1 is the best

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow that looks gorgeous.

I'm starting to think power won't be an issue.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Speaking of Pokemon moves, some moves should be more available. Like Machamp and Incineroar could use Flying Press for example. A hell of a lot of others could use Blaze Kick(Emboar or Infernape through level up) or Fire Lash(Flareon, Salazzle or Charizard). Mystic Fire got a boost, but only Delphox can use it as far as I know. Zing Zap would be pretty good on Luxray or Jolteon.

I could see a few different Pokemon getting Poison Tail, but it isn't the greatest move ever.

Yet Accelgor gets Water Shuriken.

Does it have 90 or more accuracy? I know it hits like a truck, but I'm the type of guy that uses flamethrower over fire blast. Better safe that sorry and all that.

It loses it's luster when it moves so slow when being thrown. The real DB-Z move is Inferno Overdrive. The Electric type one is fairly close too.
Forgetting my fav Mismagius got Mystical Fire. RIP.

Apparently Luigi, Toad, and Yoshi are all playable in Super Mario Run too.

Neat.
Playable Waluigi or bust

D

Deleted member

There are people out there that:

Think the competitive scene is all Melee is.

Think that "casuals" don't play "15 year old games" despite VC releases being successful.

Think the only reason anyone would play Melee at this point is for the competitive scene and not the game or single player modes itself.

Think that if you fix any glitch or change anything at all with Melee, it shouldn't be used in the tournament scene.

Think if you fix any glitch or change anything with Melee, despite v1.02 doing this and Pal doing this and their scene staying alive just fine, it'll be crap.

Think that a Melee rerelease should 100% (no joke) 100% cater to the competitive tournament scene.

Dear god. I have never seen such a picky scene before and that's coming from a Melee fan, but I am not anything like this. I don't think "glitches" are what make Melee great, I think it's the gameplay, the single player modes, the music, the trophies, etc. Glitches? Flaws? Yeah, cause Mr. Game and Watch never being able to shield or Kirby having throws not stick the entire animation is totally what's "great" about Melee.

These people are far too asinine about this game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
More Switch on television
Well this was on South Park last night

Did they kinda Pseudo confirmed The Fracture But Whole on Switch

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Brother caught a Shiny Granbull, friend caught a shiny Ledian. What goes around must come around because I just caught a shiny Boldore!

Chrono.

Here's a completely unrelated poll but its one I have been wanting to do for a while.

I like both, but prefer 1 over 2.

2 just has too much stuff bogging it down for me. The watered down Sonic and Hunting stages, the dull Shadow stages, the mechs which Eggman got the better deal of but not by much, Gamma still played better and the story was trying to Evangelion with anthropomorphic animals.

I mean not like SA1 was a masterclass of storytelling, but SA2's plot got kickstarted by literal child murder.

SA1 does have a lot of issues like bugs and the like, but I find it slightly more consistent and enjoyable.

There's also the music which I also prefer even though both are amazing there (and SA2 gave us Knuckles raps).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Balanced Hackmons sure is fun
You don't get to fight Wonder Guard stuff but you get to spam your Adaptability Bullet Punch after a Z-Conversion from Slaking
And I didn't even have to use the rest of my team

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And I have the Subzero team figured out..
Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Dark Pulse

Snowslash (Sandslash-Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Leech Life
- Iron Head

Vanilluxe @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Autotomize

Beartic @ Choice Band
Ability: Slush Rush
Level: 50
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Glaceon @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Blizzard
- Heal Bell
- Aurora Veil
- Shadow Ball
10 years in the making.

Anyway, saw the Switch footage. It looks pretty dope surprisingly enough.
Meanwhile I encounter a Glitch where the X button doesn't show up for camp sites or the Regalia and Prompto glitches out trying to fall :lol:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You don't get to fight Wonder Guard stuff but you get to spam your Adaptability Bullet Punch after a Z-Conversion from Slaking
Almost Any Ability is funner.

Mew @ Life Orb
Triage
252 HP/252 Sp Att/4 Def

Drain Punch
Giant Drain
Leech Life
Roost

+3 priority on the whole moveset.
Too bad Psychic Surge Alakazam is so darn popular, any ideas how to kill a Alakazam that only shows its dirty face to set up the surge?

EDIT: Also gonna make a STAB-mons aka Actually Amazing Aqua Jet Araquanid

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*When you have the money to buy the MGS HD Collection and MGS 4"

Everything is going perfectly like the Christmas Keikaku said. :094:

D

Deleted member

Almost Any Ability is funner.

Mew @ Life Orb
Triage
252 HP/252 Sp Att/4 Def

Drain Punch
Giant Drain
Leech Life
Roost

+3 priority on the whole moveset.
Too bad Psychic Surge Alakazam is so darn popular, any ideas how to kill a Alakazam that only shows its dirty face to set up the surge?

EDIT: Also gonna make a STAB-mons aka Actually Amazing Aqua Jet Araquanid
Why would you not invest in Atk if Mew has two physical moves?
Also, Water Bubble Steam Eruption Choice Specs Ash-Greninja op pls nerf

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
But doesn't The Legacy Collection contain the HD Collection, MGS4 AND Peace Walker HD?
Isn't Peace Walker HD is with the HD Collection?
Also, I don't know if The Legacy Collection is on the PSN. So, maybe I could buy it too.

Chrono.

Isn't Peace Walker HD is with the HD Collection?
Also, I don't know if The Legacy Collection is on the PSN. So, maybe I could buy it too.
Ah yeah, it is.

The first MGS game is the one missing in the HD Collection.

Also did not know your were buying digitally.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Why would you not invest in Atk if Mew has two physical moves?
Also, Water Bubble Steam Eruption Choice Specs Ash-Greninja op pls nerf
Whoops, I meant attack ofc
And Water Bubble is banned unfortunately.

But a Water poké with Lightning Rod only has grass to fear which is pretty scary as well
EDIT: Tapu Koko with Levitate lets go

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah yeah, it is.

The first MGS game is the one missing in the HD Collection.

Also did not know your were buying digitally.
Normally I don't, but when I discovered that, buying PSN card so that I don't have to ask to my parent to give me their money to buy games. I concluded it was 1000X easier for me to buy the game I want on PS3 atleast.
And yeah, it kinda suck the first game wasn't ported. And with Konami being....well Konami, I don't think a HD port will ever happen.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
What kind of site are you linking to? It's advertising other articles such as "30 Illegal photos smuggled out of North Korea" showing some girl covered in mud opening up her jacket
Didn't notice the ads since I'm on my phone.
My bad.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looks like a survival game.
The main characters are an aspie boy and his bulldog. You can alternate between either character in course of the game. It does look gorgeous indeed.

Im so stressed. Ive been crying since 2 days ago and I just cant stop
I'm around if you want to talk.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'll be the first to admit that the games have aged.

But I still love them. They were games made by people who were passionate about the projects. For Sonic Adventure, they traveled to different countries to get inspirations for things like the Mystic Ruins

I recommend reading Sonic Adventure's development history over at Sonic Retro
I still believe Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are still the best controls Sonic has had in 3D, I think Generations is a better game, but Modern Sonic's controls when not going fast are very stiff. In Adventure 1 and 2, I feel like I'm in control of Sonic at all times.

The other playable characters are a breaking point for some people, but I feel they are still rather fun. In Sonic Adventure, Amy and Big are the weakest parts, but Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Gamma's stories are all great. They have fun, fast-paced gameplay, and in Gamma's case, has a great story arc (I still somewhat tear up at the end of Gamma's story).

Sonic Adventure 2 trimmed up the fat and just gave us three playstyles, speedy platforming, treasure hunting, and mech shooting. They all have their improvements from their Adventure 1 counterparts, but also some downgrades, mainly the treasure hunting stages. Knuckles and Rouge's emerald radar were nerfed really badly. It's not so bad in the earlier stages, but when we get to Mad Space, oh boy.

I can't say anything about both games' soundtracks that haven't been said. It's ****ing amazing.

The stories are also a part of the reason why I love those games. They're not gaming's greatest, but they're nice stories that all wrap up in a nice little bundle. I'm someone who believes that Sonic can tell a serious story, there have been points in the series where the stories have been a little too dark (Shadow, 06), but just because Sonic is a cartoony looking character doesn't mean we can't have somewhat serious stories. Unleashed personally has the best tone in the series, it has some comedic moments, but also some touching, somber moments.

The Nostalgia Critic's "Is Weird the New Brilliant?" video sums up my feelings about this perfectly well.

Have the game's aged? Yes. But I still think their executions and ideas still make them good. It's mainly the reason I want to see both Adventure games get the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy treatment. So that these games can be seen in modern eyes, improved, and be loved for what they did right.

D

Deleted member

This set does wonders for me.
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create/Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows/Precipice Blades
- U-turn
- Synthesis

Not going to explain how it works because explaining makes people understand my strategies. :p

D

Deleted member

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- V-create/Sacred Fire
- U-turn
- Synthesis

Not going to explain how it works because explaining makes people understand my strategies. :p
Isn't Primal Groudon banned in balanced hackmons though?
I only found out this format exists today, and the rules say that Primal Groudon/Kyogre are banned.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
http://nintendoeverything.com/reggi...fect-on-3ds-hardware-mobile-wont-hurt-switch/

Interesting.

And this particular quote has given me a lot of faith.
As we sit here today, literally multiple billions of smart devices are out there in the marketplace … in places like India, throughout parts of Europe, parts of South America where we don’t have a robust dedicated console business. So it really is a different type of opportunity, arguably a mainstream opportunity, that we’re looking at now.

D

Deleted member

I only found out this format exists today, and the rules say that Primal Groudon/Kyogre are banned.
*Looks through the rules*

You're right, but it's been awhile since I've played BH, so they probably banned it since then. Well, that explains why it was so effective. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Eh, I don't think it's a matter of my gaming interests being "high maintenance" more so that it's just different. Really, so long as I think the game is fun, it's all good for me. It's actually not all that necessary for me that the Switch has third party support, I still have my PS4, XBone, and PC if I really want a different game. I just like to see third party support because it's something nice to have.

---

The other day I was talking to someone about how our tastes in video games developed differently. Limited to only playing old games on old consoles growing up, they grew a strong aversion to what video games have become and are moving to. Whereas for me, growing up with a PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube (and then PS3, 360, and Wii), I have very little qualms with it. I think it started over Open World games. They took major issue with how a ton of AAA releases were pushing open worlds and they felt it was highly unnecessary and actually detrimental to the experience, but I felt it wasn't a big issue at all, and in some cases felt it was a step in the right direction.

It got me wondering if the reason I don't see the issues with the gaming industry that others see is because I was never limited to what type of game I could play. Even if one type of game wasn't being produced anymore, I still had tons of others to check out. There's people out there who look at Nintendo as the last pure gaming company, and yet to me they're just another batch of cool games among an even larger sea of games. Or declaring their favorite franchise dead because it incorporated jetpacks and wall-running or real-time combat, and to me they're not dead, just doing something different.

This could all just simply be chalked up to me being open-minded or just seeing things differently, but y'know I think it's interesting to think about how it happened.

Anywho, was wondering if anyone who had a similar experience growing up had similar views.

Thinking about it, I'm wondering if that's why I don't look at good ol' Ninty as fondly as others. When you go Ninty, you're mainly just getting Nintendo and that's just really limiting.
I didn't mean to say yours was high or anything, it sounds about average, just that mine is abnormally low. I tend to stumble across series one at a time and most of the third party material I've found tends to be pretty good about multiplat. If I never broadened my horizons that much while I was still buying from multiple companies, it doesn't sting as much to retreat to just one. . . especially if the main thing you know you're missing out on has only had a movie adaption on the latest system and you had a realization on the system you own that after two time killing spinoffs and what was essentially a half-game that solely existed plotwise to get rid of things that weren't even relevant in the first place that maybe things had gone a bit downhill.

Hearing your anecdote makes me think of my own sentiments about open world. I only really have XCX to go off of since due to both ratings issues and my increasingly gravitating towards Nintendo it's the only one I've tackled yet (unless the original Xenoblade and White Knight Chronicles count, but I don't remember them being marketed that kind of way and they're a lot more linear), and the conclusion I've come to is that I really love the sentiment but that it will be very difficult for a world to ever appeal to me on the primary basis of size, partially because no open world will ever be big enough for me and partially because there needs to be actual things to do in that open world aside from simply fight enemies or click a prompt and get an item in order to really make it worthwhile for me. Breath of the Wild looks like it might possibly be addressing that problem a bit with it's sheer interactivity, though, so I'm veeeery curious on that one.

D

Deleted member

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- V-create/Sacred Fire
- U-turn
- Synthesis

Doesn't the Red Orb activate before Download can take effect? Because Drought doesn't normally activate and the Red Orb overrides it

I wanna try Mix and Mega later though, because it sounds interesting even if simple. Also, Sketchmons for that one move one of your Pokemon can't learn that it should(*cough*Quiver Dance Oricorio*cough*)
I saw that too but I was finding Primal Groundons and Primal Kyogres on it, dunno what's up with it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This Super Mario Run commercial reminds me of the Pokémon GO trailer from last year. It's very, very un-Nintendo.

There's also a video showcasing the game's features as well as unlocking Luigi, Yoshi, and Toad as playable characters, the latter of which is a My Nintendo reward. Here it is. It's still a bummer it's not launching simultaneuosly on Android.

Also, I got really hyped when I saw Breath of the Wild running smooth on the Switch while undocked during the Tonight Show video. I had already thought about getting the game for the system, so there's that.
That's their second mobile game to have a live action commercial. I wonder if all mobile games will to separate them from consoles.
More Switch on television
Well this was on South Park last night

Did they kinda Pseudo confirmed The Fracture But Whole on Switch
That south park episode was great. I thought I noticed Zelda in that scene.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think my antidepressant medication is effecting me horribly. I feel all weird and tingly, especially along my spine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom