• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Did anyone watch Jimmy Fallon? They showed off Zelda on the Switch!! It runs like an angel off and on TV!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's also Iron Man's theme, so I picked my favorite version of that one.
I know, since you said remixes, his was a remix of Iron Man's.

Outside of remixes, Venom, Ghost Rider, and Nova's Sega-ish/Robot Master theme are pretty good. Also the Original version of the Spider-Man theme is my favorite.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
It runs so smooth compared to the Wii U footage.

And he confirmed that this is the first time we've ever seen Switch footage of the game.

WOW!
They were smart with this market strategy I personally believe. They showed it off to the right crowd.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They were smart with this market strategy I personally believe. They showed it off to the right crowd.
Jimmy Fallon is an internationally watched celebrity.

Heck his Youtube channel alone has almost 13 million subscribers.

That along with the very clear and easy to understand marketing...

They hit it out of the park on this one. I'm super impressed.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, geez, I really did NOT expect for Reggie to show off the switch on Jimmy Fallon but holy hell that was a really good move on their part. Very nice surprise.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Jimmy Fallon is an internationally watched celebrity.

Heck his Youtube channel alone has almost 13 million subscribers.

That along with the very clear and easy to understand marketing...

They hit it out of the park on this one. I'm super impressed.
Not to mention Jimmy was perfect to surprise with due to his personality. While I might not care for his show, I can definitely say that his character is funny and provides a great source of material for many to enjoy. So when having a guy like him play something like that and then have Reggie mention the direct, it definitely caught some peoples attentions probably.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
So.

What remixes from the vs Capcom series do you think are the best?

I think these ones take the cake.

Keep in mind, I said remixes. Not original themes.
The MvC3 remix of Zero's theme is so ****ing good and a lot better then the original version (Mega Man X2) as it was extremely repetitive and short even though it sounded cool. Batsu's theme reminds of an anime opening, especially at around 0:27; another good one.

A couple more of my personal favorites are these two.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do angels really run that well in those dresses?
They do when they pick up speed sandals or have powers granted onto them by their bosses.

They do have a tendency to run out of breath quickly otherwise, though.

. . .

. . .Umh. So I'm going to have to watch that clip in a bit.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Nintendo really is doing everything right with the Switch.

Revealing everything about the console 2 months prior to release has me a bit concerned. But everything else? They've done great.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon has JUST OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED Gen 2 pokemon are coming on the 12th

By "Just" I mean 16 hours ago

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
From my understanding Jimmy Fallon actually does enjoy and indulge in video games, so, although he's definitely not my favourite talk show host, he was probably the best and most fitting choice.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
From my understanding Jimmy Fallon actually does enjoy and indulge in video games, so, although he's definitely not my favourite talk show host, he was probably the best and most fitting choice.
Anyone's better than Conan though, really, who would've been the next best thing. Oh god... *Flashbacks to the Smash Bros. Clueless Gamer*

Never again, Nintendo. Please, thanks.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So.

What remixes from the vs Capcom series do you think are the best?

I think these ones take the cake.

Keep in mind, I said remixes. Not original themes.
As a Devil May Cry fan, I'm partial to Dante's and Vergil's theme in particular.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo really is doing everything right with the Switch.

Revealing everything about the console 2 months prior to release has me a bit concerned. But everything else? They've done great.
Heck, even the two months thing I'll give them.

It doesn't take long for news to travel with social media around and people get bored quickly. I can see why they'd pump out all the news on it in a huge deluge at once right before release.

The idea is to hit fast and hit hard. In light of the shelf-life of memes and fads, playing chicken with the reveal date to release date ratio may actually be smarter.

They just have to hit fast and hard in the meanwhile. And dang. Baiting casuals with news on the phone game and then showing them the Switch?

[Jurassic Park] Clever girl. [/Jurassic Park]

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just watched the switch video. Looking pretty good! Definitely a smart strategy! The presentation should be pretty good if it goes as good as it's been so far.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Heck, even the two months thing I'll give them.

It doesn't take long for news to travel with social media around and people get bored quickly. I can see why they'd pump out all the news on it in a huge deluge at once right before release.

The idea is to hit fast and hit hard. In light of the shelf-life of memes and fads, playing chicken with the reveal date to release date ratio may actually be smarter.

They just have to hit fast and hard in the meanwhile. And dang. Baiting casuals with news on the phone game and then showing them the Switch?

[Jurassic Park] Clever girl. [/Jurassic Park]
That's fair. It can work if Nintendo does it very well, just have a bit of concern is all, nothing too major.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I've just got myself a Level 26 Trubbish after countless Wonder Trades from Donald Trump (Yungoos).

Should I keep it or having Male Sandalit and Alola Grimer makes it irrelevant?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hahahahaha

I just watched the Switch footage and Fallon is literally shaking when he's finally holding and playing it.

The guy was chomping at the bit and telling half their info for them and then popping open the kickstand without even asking first once he got his mitts on it.

It's like he was at freaking Christmas. I guess we know one person who's going to be picking it up at launch.

*EDIT* :4greninja: Well I see I'm not the only one who noticed the most important part of this message. :4greninja:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I've just got myself a Level 26 Trubbish after countless Wonder Trades from Donald Trump (Yungoos).

Should I keep it or having Male Sandalit and Alola Grimer makes it irrelevant?
Eh, I'd say keep it for now. Or trade it later if you feel a Garbodor won't be more useful than an Alolan Muk in the end.

Your choice personally.

D

Deleted member

I can't say I'm surprised at the Switch version of BotW running at a smoother framerate than the Wii U version. While it can suck to have only one of the two systems and only have access to an inferior version, it is what it is. This will probably be one of the first games I'll get for the Switch.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I hope all the positive buzz doesn't mean I won't be able to get a Nintendo Switch preordered for launch. I want one of these things ASAP.

. . .Thinking on it, I'm incredibly glad this thing isn't releasing during the holidays. Think of how much worse it would be with that. This way you can slide in early on and then have a huge wave of players jump on top when the holidays actually do roll around.

Just have to be able to get one first. . .

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can't say I'm surprised at the Switch version of BotW running at a smoother framerate than the Wii U version. While it can suck to have only one of the two systems and only have access to an inferior version, it is what it is. This will probably be one of the first games I'll get for the Switch.
Eh, seeing how the game probably isnt gonna be a Switch launch, I'll make do with the wii u game

And seeing how I love throwing my money at Nintendo, I might end up getting the switch and zelda for it ( Whenever it comes out)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This Super Mario Run commercial reminds me of the Pokémon GO trailer from last year. It's very, very un-Nintendo.

There's also a video showcasing the game's features as well as unlocking Luigi, Yoshi, and Toad as playable characters, the latter of which is a My Nintendo reward. Here it is. It's still a bummer it's not launching simultaneuosly on Android.

Also, I got really hyped when I saw Breath of the Wild running smooth on the Switch while undocked during the Tonight Show video. I had already thought about getting the game for the system, so there's that.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This Super Mario Run commercial reminds me of the Pokémon GO trailer from last year. It's very, very un-Nintendo.
Heh, good.

That trailer was great! Almost made me consider getting SMR.

Also I really want Wario to be playable in Super Mario Run for some reason. xP

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Heh, good.

That trailer was great! Almost made me consider getting SMR.

Also I really want Wario to be playable in Super Mario Run for some reason. xP
How much do you want to be Super Mario Run will last longer then Pokemon Go
http://www.strawpoll.me/11825873

Now's a good time to post a Straw Poll on the Wii U and Switch versions of BotW.
If strawpoll allowed my to vote both I would so I just put wii u because I have a feeling thats coming out first

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
How much do you want to be Super Mario Run will last longer then Pokemon Go
I don't really care which lasts longer... they're both going to be in the very top percentile of iOS performance. I was just interested in playing Pokemon Go when it came out as opposed to SMR, which I'm gonna pass on.

If strawpoll allowed my to vote both I would so I just put wii u because I have a feeling thats coming out first
How much do you want to bet? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom