• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Counting the movies and GT, Dr. Wheelo, Lord Slug, Android 13, Kid Buu and Omega Shenron are the only ones I can remember getting beaten by the Spirit Bomb.

I don't remember if Turles was killed by it though.
The movies are non canon

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The Sword behind the Waterfall enemies are annoying the crap out of me.. I got to the tomb but the Ronins and the mindslayers are forcing me to use up too many items :urg: I think I need to train up more but I'm only at level 22 and they are at level 19.. time to do more side quests..

I'll probably figure out what other Ice types to use bit I'll probably have multiple Pokemon available just to switch things out like I've done with my Fairy team :lol:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Pokemon moves, some moves should be more available. Like Machamp and Incineroar could use Flying Press for example. A hell of a lot of others could use Blaze Kick(Emboar or Infernape through level up) or Fire Lash(Flareon, Salazzle or Charizard). Mystic Fire got a boost, but only Delphox can use it as far as I know. Zing Zap would be pretty good on Luxray or Jolteon.

I could see a few different Pokemon getting Poison Tail, but it isn't the greatest move ever.

Yet Accelgor gets Water Shuriken.

Does it have 90 or more accuracy? I know it hits like a truck, but I'm the type of guy that uses flamethrower over fire blast. Better safe that sorry and all that.

It loses it's luster when it moves so slow when being thrown. The real DB-Z move is Inferno Overdrive. The Electric type one is fairly close too.
Just looked it up. 110 power, 95% accuracy. So yeah, I'd definitely take that over Scald, speaking as someone who also uses Flamethrower over Fire Blast for consistency reasons. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For my Normal gym, I'd probably do something like this. Mainly just for fun. :p

Castform
Snorlax
Sawsbuck
Ursaring
Porygon-Z
Toucannon
Not the most competitively-oriented set of Pokémon, but it'd do its job well enough. I'd probably give out the TM for Facade. :p
Isn't Return still a TM? That move is a beast. Facade is pretty great, but it's a worse choice until you get a status on you. I'm guessing you'd use Z-Conversion? I heard that's pretty strong.

Turles was killed by it.
Right, don't know why I can never remember how he was killed. Well, there you go, that's 6 killed by it.

The movies are non canon
I know, but I'm assuming praline praline is counting movies too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Isn't Return still a TM? That move is a beast. Facade is pretty great, but it's a worse choice until you get a status on you. I'm guessing you'd use Z-Conversion? I heard that's pretty strong.

Right, don't know why I can never remember how he was killed. Well, there you go, that's 6 killed by it.

I know, but I'm assuming praline praline is counting movies too.
I picked Facade because I use it on my Guts/Flame Orb Ursaring. :D

It hits like a truck. Can't wait for Moon Bank access so I can get it on Moon, especially since Burn damage got nerfed, so it can sweep longer.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparently in the anime, Lillie is rich, and in an upcoming episode Ash fights her butler.

Interesting....

Her and Ash also have to raise an egg.

And they are going to the first trial. Where Ash fights Gumshoos.

Should be a interesting episode. I wonder how totem fights will be done.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just looked it up. 110 power, 95% accuracy. So yeah, I'd definitely take that over Scald, speaking as someone who also uses Flamethrower over Fire Blast for consistency reasons. :p
Ah, okay. Maaaaaybe I'd make an exception and use some PP ups on that move.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Apparently in the anime, Lillie is rich, and in an upcoming episode Ash fights her butler.

Interesting....

Her and Ash also have to raise an egg.

And they are going to the first trial. Where Ash fights Gumshoos.

Should be a interesting episode. I wonder how totem fights will be done.
They better not ruin Lillie in the anime.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I picked Facade because I use it on my Guts/Flame Orb Ursaring. :D

It hits like a truck. Can't wait for Moon Bank access so I can get it on Moon, especially since Burn damage got nerfed, so it can sweep longer.
Guts AND flame orb? That does sound pretty good.

How do you feel about Low Sweep? It's not terribly strong, but that I liked that move ever since I started using it. Hitting and lowering speed is pretty useful. 65 power isn't awful, especially if you get STAB boost off of it.

Chrono.

They better not ruin Lillie in the anime.
Most game characters get significant changes in the anime and so far Lillie isn't any different to that trope.

Draw your own conclusions from there.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's a bit of a challenge thinking up how certain pokemon based off a Lamia/Medusa, Harpy or Succubus can look like those but not look overly sexual.

Vistare is based off the lamia and is posion type, Miasmare is medusa based and also poison type, Vixical and Ghoulfriend and based off Harpies and are Flying/Normal, and Succubex is obvious and Dark/Light type. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We should make our own Pokemon league. Naturally I'll be the first gym leader cause that's about as good as I am.

Also I dibs dark types.
I'll take Water, it's not my first go-to type, but it has a lot of options I love to play around with.

So about Sun/Moon.

It just hit me that Plumeria and Guzma have zero scenes together. I think this is the first time there's no interaction between an Admin and their Boss.

Really missed that opportunity, Plumeria being the (practically) only competent member of Skull and Guzma being Guzma could've had some fun banter.

Actually, I feel like Plumeria in general is a huge wasted character... She's interesting in the small scenes she's in but she's hardly relevant.
Yeah, I have to say that Plumeria was probably handled the worst of the major story characters. Even in her first appearance she kind of felt thrown in considering she doesn't really follow a big moment for Team Skull and is immediately sidelined for Olivia as soon as you beat her as she comes right before you fight the latter. She really should've gotten a few more appearances so that we could see her in action and get to know her better.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
For my Normal gym, I'd probably do something like this. Mainly just for fun. :p

Castform
Snorlax
Sawsbuck
Ursaring
Porygon-Z
Toucannon
Not the most competitively-oriented set of Pokémon, but it'd do its job well enough. I'd probably give out the TM for Facade. :p
Can I recommend a set for Snorlax? :lol: it's a relatively new set since some of the berries for buffed and Snorlax has Gluttony + recycle :lol:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So about Sun/Moon.

It just hit me that Plumeria and Guzma have zero scenes together. I think this is the first time there's no interaction between an Admin and their Boss.

Really missed that opportunity, Plumeria being the (practically) only competent member of Skull and Guzma being Guzma could've had some fun banter.

Actually, I feel like Plumeria in general is a huge wasted character... She's interesting in the small scenes she's in but she's hardly relevant.
Yeah
thats the thing I hate about Sun and Moon. I love Plumeria but she appears like twice in the game randomly and that's it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just learned that Togedemaru's only offensive Steel move is G-Y-R-O B-A-L-L.

I swear Gamefreak forgot half of these alolan pokemon had second typings.

D

Deleted member

IIRC it has Scald's burn chance with Hydro Pump's power, more or less. Definitely an improvement IMO.
It is pretty great(hence why it's even in OU), no doubt. My argument was just that it has no need to be banned to ubers with how incredibly powerful pokemon there are, especially nowadays when you have pokemon like Primal Groudon going around.

Is Steam Eruption really that much better than Scald? Because I'd rather have the move I could use a little more often. Aside from that, I'd probably use that movepool too.
In a competitive pokemon showdown match, when it comes to sweepers and most attackers, you pretty much have to rely on 2KOs. If not you can get stalled or just not be reaching enough damage and in turn get killed by a pokemon that's going to dish out more damage onto you, so killing them quickly is important.. Usually the only reason to swap a stronger move for a weaker move is for the sake of accuracy, but Steam Eruption is fine on that and a lot more powerful.(120 vs 165 when you include stab.) Killing pokemon in the least amount of hits as possible is VERY important.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope Hitmonlee gets Trop Kick at some point too. That'd go well for coverage since he has Blaze Kick.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I hope Hitmonlee gets Trop Kick at some point too. That'd go well for coverage since he has Blaze Kick.
I still want blaze kick and power whip on Tsareena.

Also a kicking version of "iron fist" for both of them.

Edit: Literally have it override Reckless on hitmonlee. It's the same % boost and the only two moves it got a boost from was Jump Kick and HJK.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I believe it was Pokeaimd or shofu,One of the two.Who said Scald is the best move in the game.I full hearly agree. High damage and the burn comes more often than not(but when it doesnt come it can be a pain in the ass) its a good reliable move that should be on water type in competitive pokemon tbh

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It is pretty great(hence why it's even in OU), no doubt. My argument was just that it has no need to be banned to ubers with how incredibly powerful pokemon there are, especially nowadays when you have pokemon like Primal Groudon going around.

In a competitive pokemon showdown match, when it comes to sweepers and most attackers, you pretty much have to rely on 2KOs. If not you can get stalled or just not be reaching enough damage and in turn get killed by a pokemon that's going to dish out more damage onto you, so killing them quickly is important.. Usually the only reason to swap a stronger move for a weaker move is for the sake of accuracy, but Steam Eruption is fine on that and a lot more powerful.(120 vs 165 when you include stab.) Killing pokemon in the least amount of hits as possible is VERY important.
I'm aware of that, but I wasn't sure if the accuracy and power for Steam Eruption in particular was worth it, since Scald is a commonly used move in and of itself considering how it's pretty strong. You said it yourself, 120 power, which is pretty good. Though yeah, Steam Eruption is better if it's that accurate.

But I just hate relying on moves that'll miss too often or have too low BP. Hence, Flamethrower > Fire Blast if you ask me.

Poor Emboar could use Blaze Kick too, if he can learn Low Sweep, it shouldn't be too out there. And maybe a Thunder/Ice variant of those moves, considering the Fire/Thunder/Ice Punch and Fire/Thunder/Ice/Poison Fang moves.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Edit: Literally have it override Reckless on hitmonlee. It's the same % boost and the only two moves it got a boost from was Jump Kick and HJK.
Tsareena needs fighting type moves that she can learn sooner than like 49

Burruni

Smash Hero
Tsareena needs fighting type moves that she can learn sooner than like 49
Tm47 Low Sweep
Buy it at the last town of Akala.
65 BP, always lowers speed.
It and Trop Kick make her a SCARY disabler.

edit: But yes, Jump Kick at like Lv39.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If someone bred me a Bounsweet to have Play Rough and has an admanat nature I'll give you a year premium.

Especially if it were shiny.

D

Deleted member

But I just hate relying on moves that'll miss too often or have too low BP. Hence, Flamethrower > Fire Blast if you ask me.
Steam Eruption has high accuracy, 95, you'll hardly ever miss. And as a result the low usage points is(5 usually, ten maxed out) fine because you won't be waisting it when you miss.

In game though I usually choose something like flamethrower over fire blast though easily, much more useful in game. Unless it's a signature move for a pokemon, I always keep those(unless I have multiple) because I'm sort of a collectivist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This gulpin's backstory in Volcanion's movie is pretty sad. Enhanced by it being one of my favs.

And SHINNOH CONFIRMED:

This is official merch to.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .The heck?

Someone IRL just caught ANOTHER Shiny at random. That's two this game and three in general now and they started with ORAS, and they never even try for them.

The amount of luck they have is hilarious at this point. It's not like I find this stuff at random myself.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found tons of Shinies and breed tons of shinies in X and Y

I haven't found any so far trying

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.

What remixes from the vs Capcom series do you think are the best?

I think these ones take the cake.

Keep in mind, I said remixes. Not original themes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So.

What remixes from the vs Capcom series do you think are the best?

I think these ones take the cake.

Keep in mind, I said remixes. Not original themes.
You already posted Spider-Man's Marvel 1 theme. But Wolverine and Storm's Marvel 3 themes are pretty good. War-Machine, Mega Man Volnutt and maybe Alex's are also up there for me. But nothing tops OG Jazzy NYC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom