• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Not too surprised, the industry is in the crapper there.

In other news, welcome Persona as your new JRPG king.

D

Deleted member

While you guys are discussing Smash Switch, I've been having some Pokemon ideas and accidentally came up with a Legendary quartet, its leader and a foil for the leader
I'm gonna post one of the first four and I'll post the others later if anyone is interested
I wanna see if anyone gets what they're based on
Trikkit-Trickster Pokemon
Normal/Ghost
Description: a small white and purple clown-like Pokemon wearing a crown on its head and carrying a mysterious bag.
Pokedex: Despite it being small and weak, it can freely jump in and out the pocket dimension on its bag to make it invulnerable to some attacks. It laughs at those who throw useless moves at it.
It stores anything it likes on its bag, inside it is a pocket dimension so it never runs out of space. It can even capture moves and other Pokemon with it.

Abilities: Plane Change-Changes between physical/special immunity every turn but doubles the damage received from the other.
(Hidden Ability)Prankster

Signature Move: Pocket Guard
Ghost Status
5PP
The user protects itself from any special move and stores it. Using the move again releases the stored move.(Power is the same as the original move would be).

Other key moves: Night Shade, Phantom Force, Trump Card, Last Resort, Knock Off, Thief, Recycle

Stat distribution
120/75/110/75/110/80
BST: 570

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder that meme images unless extremely relevant to the discussion but also has a lot of useful text counts as spam.

Try to do more than basically reaction memes. Add more to the topic if possible.

The "ride never ends meme" has been used a lot, but it also adds very little at this point. I'm slightly more lenient to the "it's happening" and other hype memes, as long as you still have constructive content in the post as well.

A good rule of thumb is this; If you take away your text, does the message the meme adds change? If no, then it's just like the text didn't exist, and counts as spam due to that.

As usual, don't reply to this message outside of PM's.

Chrono.

It's official. Lightning killed Final Fantasy. A bad game affects the sequel's sales, see Megaman X7-8 and DMC2-3
Oh please Lightning and XIII had nothing to do with this.

It's the fact that the game didn't play or feel like a JRPG, which turned a lot of fans off. Mobile gaming is also huge in Japan and while I don't think it was a huge factor, Sun/Moon did release recently over there too and those games are portable.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's official. Lightning killed Final Fantasy. A bad game affects the sequel's sales, see Megaman X7-8 and DMC2-3
To be fair, console FF has been getting lower sales way before 13

It's also the bad trend of how consoles are almost irrelevant in Japan.

I mean the PS4 barely outsold the Wii U there and the less I speak about the Xbone there, the better

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still don't understand for the life of me why a game with as rocky as reception as FF13 got TWO sequels. Any explanations?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I made a small change to my Tapu Koko build.

Tapu Koko@Electrium-Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Wild Charge/Brave Bird/U-Turn/Roost

After noting that Wild Charge nearly OHKO'd Bronzong, I decided to switch Muscle Band with Electrium-Z to give Koko a one-time nuke rather then a small boost all around (I dont use Life Orb because my Greninja is using it). This is useful on not just Bronzong, but on a plethora of Pokémon in the Battle Tree who are bulky enough to endure a ETerra Wild Charge.

Chrono.

Still don't understand for the life of me why a game with as rocky as reception as FF13 got TWO sequels. Any explanations?
Critics shilling it + good sales + tons of unused assets= sequel.

For what's it worth, XIII-2 is considered an improvement for the most part.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I wouldn't mind VJ 1 & 2 as GC VC.....but if GC VC happens, Capcom has to release this:

Oh, and Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2 VC also needs to happen. Make it happen, From Software!
Wa Ha Ha Ha! Puny Humans Judgement time has arrived! I will finish you all here first this planet then the whole galaxy,
You and your silly gotchaborgs will be exterminated Wa Ha Ha HA!

i still stand by the fact marvel Vs capcom infinite should have G-red and Antman as rivals

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Realized I never did the thing. Here's the thing.

Top Five Expected:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Inklings
3. Decidueye
4. Shovel Knight
5. Wolf

Top Five Wanted (minus already disconfirmed characters):
1. Ice Climbers
2. Henry Fleming
3. Decidueye
4. Inklings
5. Shovel Knight or Crash Bandicoot. Toss up.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just remember, large images should be in spoilers(so those with slower computers can browse the thread without a ton of lag). Please don't make my enforce it, because I really don't want to have to edit posts or give out warnings for something so silly as not putting in a little extra markup into your post.

Especially ones starring Ash

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh please Lightning and XIII had nothing to do with this.

It's the fact that the game didn't play or feel like a JRPG, which turned a lot of fans off. Mobile gaming is also huge in Japan and while I don't think it was a huge factor, Sun/Moon did release recently over there too and those games are portable.
Don't forget World of Final Fantasy's recent release.

In theory, they apparently wanted it to work out similarly to the Compilation of FFVII, except instead of having one game and then expanding its mythos, they worked in the opposite direction with one mythos spawning multiple games. Originally that was just applicable to XIII and Versus XIII (later XV), then came Agito XIII (later Type-0), the sequels, and the other Agito. All of that was passed off between several teams who were told to interpret the mythos to their own discretion.

It also was meant to ease production of a few FF games going forward - this probably ties in more closely with Chrono. Chrono. 's point regarding asset use; the creators noted they wanted to tell more stories involving the characters for the direct sequels, which may be true, but reduced development time is almost certainly why they saw the light of day as games and not one of the other half-dozen mediums they could've gone with, such as manga.

At any rate, shared mythos isn't a bad concept on its face. As to the execution, well, I won't badmouth a game I haven't played (Yet. Steam looms.) but the delves I've done through the FF Wiki regarding FFXIII have left me with more questions than answers.

Looks like someone "taught" a man to fish if you know what I mean.

(This looks like a pity comic TBH. :p )
That boy's had 20 goddamn seasons.

He ain't getting any now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That boy's had 20 goddamn seasons.

He ain't getting any now.
More accurately, he's gotten a kiss offscreen and constantly tackled by his Bayleef. He's not getting any more than that. It's not subtle who has crushes on him. Misty, Bayleef, Anabel, and Serene. Not even the dub was subtle about this.

And it's a show aimed towards kids. An offscreen kiss is legitimately fair at this point. If he does eventually get retired, learning he's married would be fine. That said, I could see him not be married at all and just living with his Pokemon. He is pretty oblivious after all.

D

Deleted member

Ash.

You already caught a fish.

Quit it.
I can see the AshXLana shipping getting popular, especially considering a certain comic
(Read from right to left)

Yeah, I know it's the Sun protag but you get the idea
Look at that ****ing Wishiwashi tho
Hmm... I wonder why Lana is so popular... maybe she resembles someone...
No idea...

Chrono.

So Last Guardian came out and all I'm hearing is... meh.

Either "not worth the 6 year hype" or "not as good as ICO/SotC" or "feels like an indie title".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dear Sony,

Please make a sequel to MediEvil or even a remastered duology.

I still have no idea who the hell is Rem and why is she all over the internet.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dear Sony,

Because she's the best girl. I mean look at her.

You know that sinister smile is precious.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I can see the AshXLana shipping getting popular, especially considering a certain comic
(Read from right to left)

Look at that ****ing Wishiwashi tho
Hmm... I wonder why Lana is so popular... maybe she resembles someone...
No idea...
That's more cute than it has any right of being.

D

Deleted member

Dear Sony,

Rem is from the anime Re: Zero aka Groundhog Day: Trapped in Another World edition
She's like, the one character besides Subaru himself that gets any development in the 25 episodes the anime has(granted, it didn't fully adapt the WN but still) which means she becane everyone's favorite new waifu
And I like Rem and all, she is really well developed but she's a little bit overrated though she's certainly "best girl" for Re:Zero (maybebecausenootherfemalecharacterthatisevendevelopedatallasisaidbutthisisadiscussionforanotherday)

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Realized I never did the thing. Here's the thing.

Top Five Expected:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Inklings
3. Decidueye
4. Shovel Knight
5. Wolf

Top Five Wanted (minus already disconfirmed characters):
1. Ice Climbers
2. Henry Fleming
3. Decidueye
4. Inklings
5. Shovel Knight or Crash Bandicoot. Toss up.
This was a thing? I didn't know this was a thing. I'mma try it.

Top Five Expected:
1. Inklings
2. Ice Climbers
3. Wolf
4. Undecided Third Party (Konami? Bethesda?)
5. Gen 7 Pokemon (Decideueye?)

Top Five Wanted:
1. Simon Belmont
2. Geno/Masked Man. Can't decide.
3. Solid Snake (Raiden Assist plz Sakurai)
4. Trainer Red (As a summoner type character)
5. Dragonborn

R.I.P. Mike Jones, Takamaru, and Saki Amamiya. But two are already assists and one I can't see happening at this point in time at all.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've been playing a lot more SFV and the game is actually getting fun for me but the load times are one of the worst I've seen in a fighting game in years and I'm talking Brawl bad.

Also I've been doing way better than I was in SF4 and I take that from how easy inputs are.

My main is Balrog and Cammy with some Karin and Ryu.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
GameCube might come to Switch? Neat.

If Chibi-Robo! is included, I'll gladly stop my Dolphin run for the Virtual Console release (the prices people are asking for official copies are downright insane).

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Honestly, with all the glitches I'm seeing from this game and the general incompletedness of it, it wouldn't have hurt them to delay the game one more time.

I bought the game and it hasn't gotten here yet, but I'm starting to regret buying it so soon when there's so much wrong with it.

Ah well, I guess I can always wait for the patch before hitting the latter half of the game.
The gameplay and first half if the story is still good. Then the second half falters storywise and falls on its face in chapter 13. Then you get to the end game and it's good again. The game has glaring flaws, but it's still a fun experience.
Not really. Japan's video game culture is just way different compared to the West. Consoles in general aren't as popular over there, whereas mobile gaming and arcades are. I remember readinging an interview regarding FFXV and how Square really wants it to do well in Japan, but were afraid console gaming is dead there. Also, iirc, Japan liked FFXIII.

Besides while it may have bombed in Japan, it's one of the fastest selling games elsewhere, 5 million on its first day worldwide.

Edit: Boy typing on mobile sucks

Edit 2: Found the article! https://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-xv-problem-1631021969

Edit 3: Found more info. http://www.4gamer.net/games/075/G007535/ FFXV is currently the best selling PS4 game in Japan, and yet it's still doing worse than other FF games. This isn't about the quality of the game, consoles just aren't the same in Japan

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If GameCube games are coming to the Switch, there are a few titles I hope get included.

-Sonic Adventure 2 (Mainly for the Chao Garden and Sound Test)
-SSBM (I might be alone on this)
-Shadow Pokémon Titles (bonus points if the Pokémon can be transferred to the newer games)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
On the GC VC

I'm so relived to hear this! I've been wanting a GC VC back during the Wii U speculation days and it looks like it's finally happening now. And one of the best parts about this is that SSBM on the VC means no Melee HD which i'm thankful won't happen. There's literally no reason for that to happen when Melee would do just fine on the VC.

Also if Laura hasn't been sniped by the ninjas yet I would be really surprised. This January event is turning in to the Smash Direct from June of last year when we knew almost everything in advance.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Traded one of my legendaries for a Shiinotic online

I have NEVER ran into a wild one, or a morelul

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Gotta be honest here; I am still hoping Smash Switch is a reality. If they added in King K. Rool, Isaac, and the Inklings while also bringing back Wolf and the Ice Climbers, that would be a very diverse and fair roster in my eyes. Heck, if Konami can behave themselves, maybe Snake can come back for those who want him?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If GameCube games are coming to the Switch, there are a few titles I hope get included.

-Sonic Adventure 2 (Mainly for the Chao Garden and Sound Test)
-SSBM (I might be alone on this)
-Shadow Pokémon Titles (bonus points if the Pokémon can be transferred to the newer games)
I doubt it as Shadow Pokemon had to be purified to be transfered to the GBA games and couldn't even gain Exp. in that form
Then again, we ARE getting Gen I compatibility with PokeBank(which ironically makes GSC the only games whose Pokemon CAN'T be transfered to Gen 7)
EDIT: Also, besides Shadow Lugia, there isn't much reason to use a Shadow Pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

GameCube might be coming to Switch Virtual Console? Good.
Melee's one of the first three titles coming out for the service, along with Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion? Great.
So I can get to play another Smash Bros. game besides... err, the port?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I've been learning recently what the "Alt-Right" is really about. It's NOT people like Milo Yinnopolis or "right wingers" that are actually closer to classical liberals which had taken up the name recently because they oppose the corruption within the republican party, etc. (But are starting to leave the name behind IE: Many Trump supporters took up the name "Alt-Right" thinking it was this definition)

but actually white nationalist racists.

I definitely would not support the "Alt-Right", and probably would not be welcome in the Utopia they want (Being mixed)

Apparently, many actual white nationalists have been trying to infiltrate these classical liberal and liberal conservative communities and manipulate them to turn them into white nationalists

And they seem to be gaining power because of SJW's and the likes

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I doubt it as Shadow Pokemon had to be purified to be transfered to the GBA games and couldn't even gain Exp. in that form
Then again, we ARE getting Gen I compatibility with PokeBank(which ironically makes GSC the only games whose Pokemon CAN'T be transfered to Gen 7)
I wasn't even talking about transferring Shadow Pokémon. You never could transfer them nor is there any reason to. I was talking about the Pokémon that could be transferred. The Pokémon obtainable in the game could all be purified and transferred through the same means VC RBGY can be transferred to SuMo. Its not out of the question.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Quickly made a discussion video about the rumors. Enjoy!

D

Deleted member

I wasn't even talking about transferring Shadow Pokémon. You never could transfer them nor is there any reason to. I was talking about the Pokémon that could be transferred. The Pokémon obtainable in the game could all be purified and transferred through the same means VC RBGY can be transferred to SuMo. Its not out of the question.
Lol just assumed that was what you were talking about
Real talk tho, Shadow Lugia in maingames when

Chrono.

Wait I just learned that they might be adding an Avatar system (like Xenoblade X's, Fire Emblem, etc) to FFXV.

Holy ****, that sounds so stupid but I also can't say no to self inserting myself into FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom