• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh I read that post wrong. Apologies
Just to clarify things.

I support a third version if it gives us new content.

I'm just saying. If you bought two versions, you don't have much reason to complain that Nintendo is ripping us off with a third version.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's what I'm saying.

If you bought two versions, why does the appearance of a third bother you?

3 is not somehow more offensive than two.
Two vastly different experiences? That's what I wanted at least (other than the free Mewtwo DLC).

From all accounts the supposed Switch port is going to be the Wii U version with a bit of content added in.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Two vastly different experiences? That's what I wanted at least (other than the free Mewtwo DLC).

From all accounts the supposed Switch port is going to be the Wii U version with a bit of content added in.
We don't know if the hypothetical Switch version will be just the Wii U version or the Wii U version with a ton of new modes with characters or some combination of the two.

I'm saying that if the Switch version does give us new content, it'll be worth it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

To be fair, every account of Smash we've had is super vague and we've had Splatoon called a port when there's a whole laundry list of things that have been altered from the trailer alone and leaks have clarified Splatoon having even more content on top of that.

I don't expect new Smash content aside from characters and stages because expecting is a jinx, but the door is still very much open for more.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just to clarify things.

I'm just saying. If you bought two versions, you don't have much reason to complain that Nintendo is ripping us off with a third version.
You have to remember that people are seeing so many rereleases.

I mean there are like 7 versions of BlazBlue, 5 versions of SF4 and I can't count on my hands the amount of versions of Dynasty Warriors 8.

Also people feel like they put so much money into at game and don't wanna pay extra. And while I agree from that part, that whole issue can be solved by trading in the Wii U version for the Switch version

Ain't like that version is gonna get any use

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just to clarify things.

"Ripping us off" is not the choice of words I would use, because I don't think that's exactly what it is, but indulging in both versions and planning to get the next doesn't preclude identifying when Nintendo employs a practice which might be undesirable, if not uncommon, to some consumers. It's not like this version offers a unique experience akin to the other two (at the time), it just boasts a presumably small amount of new content.

It's just looking at the situation objectively. Some people might be incensed by the fact that a game recently released now sports content unavaible to them unless they buy the newest version. Personally I just weigh if the game is still worth getting with less than a new game's worth supply of content. It didn't bother me when Capcom did it and it doesn't bother me now when Nintendo is doing it, but I can understand why it might bother some.

I even support a third version if it doesn't give us new content, because ostensibly it'd be on a new system, with a different audience. I may not end up supporting it financially, but I support it ideologically.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We don't know if the hypothetical Switch version will be just the Wii U version or the Wii U version with a ton of new modes with characters or some combination of the two.

I'm saying that if the Switch version does give us new content, it'll be worth it.
Well it depends on the content IMO. I guess it's subjective and whatnot but I feel a port that's just adding 3 characters with a bit more content isn't worth it unless they intend to have like annual/semi-annual DLC and make the game a "service".
To be fair, every account of Smash we've had is super vague and we've had Splatoon called a port when there's a whole laundry list of things that have been altered from the trailer alone and leaks have clarified Splatoon having even more content on top of that.

I don't expect new Smash content aside from characters and stages because expecting is a jinx, but the door is still very much open for more.
Well yeah I suppose. The guy who reported this is the guy who said Butt Butt was Smash bound and we saw how that turned out. He could be reporting on only what he knows and there can turn out to be more but IDK about that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also I'm sure the Splatoon port will have a bunch of new content, but at its root will still just be an updated Splatoon, not a real sequel.

Now whether Nintendo markets it as an enhanced port or as something more remains to be seen.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You have to remember that people are seeing so many rereleases.

I mean there are like 7 versions of BlazBlue, 5 versions of SF4 and I can't count on my hands the amount of versions of Dynasty Warriors 8.

Also people feel like they put so much money into at game and don't wanna pay extra. And while I agree from that part, that whole issue can be solved by trading in the Wii U version for the Switch version

Ain't like that version is gonna get any use
And how many Persona 4s?
Persona 4, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Arena, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona 4 Dancing all night

Like wow

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also I'm sure the Splatoon port will have a bunch of new content, but at its root will still just be an updated Splatoon, not a real sequel.

Now whether Nintendo markets it as an enhanced port or as something more remains to be seen.
This is assuming the Splatoon game is even a port.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hopefully this means I can transfer all my Wii U (and maybe even 3DS) VC games and not have to pay stupid fees to transfer them to one system from the other.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm...

Do you guys think M.O.D.O.K. will ever come back to Marvel vs Capcom?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I'm done buying VC games unless they carry forward, so hopefully that's what this entails. If not from Wii U to Switch, then at least for posterity. Though hopefully they can give a discount like from Wii to Wii U.

Though I will buy the Golden Sun games again to show my support, Smash 64 because how could I not, and SMRPG because that game is ****ing rad.
Edit: Oh and if GCϟVC is a thing now I'll also buy Melee and F-Zero GX for reasons number two and three respectively. ;P

The funny sad thing is I already physically own 90% of the games I've bought on VC. :x

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Who are we kidding, we all know we are going to buy the game sometime in the future even if we dont like a third version lol
Not everyone, some people actually stick to their word and refuse to buy anything. Look at how one person here even said they refuse to buy any Nintendo products anymore until Nintendo does what they want them to.

I'll probably buy a third version, though.

I'll probably buy all the third versions of everything. New characters for Smash and the possibility of multiple things I've wanted to see in Pokemon for Stars already have me on the edge of my seat wondering what's up.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hmm...

Do you guys think M.O.D.O.K. will ever come back to Marvel vs Capcom?
If Maximilian dood is right, which weirdly a lot of the times he is, this game is going to be stacked because, apparently, Ryu, Iron Man, Morrigan, and Captain America have move-sets pulled directly from UMvC3 meaning characters from that game can be easily ported over. M.O.D.O.K. was one of those characters. So, yes, I can see him coming back.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Maximilian dood is right, which weirdly a lot of the times he is, this game is going to be stacked because, apparently, Ryu, Iron Man, Morrigan, and Captain America have move-sets pulled directly from UMvC3 meaning characters from that gave can be easily ported over. M.O.D.O.K. was one of those characters. So, yes, I can.
It could also mean this game is getting rushed to market if it's both as early in development as some have indicated as well as intending to launch next year.

Though obv I hope Max is right.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Out of all non Fox Marvel characters that were in UMvC3 he probably has the worst chance of coming back... Ok maybe he has a better chance than Shuma-Gorath.
Actually Shuma has a way better chance than before

That's to the Doctor Strange movie, him, Dornammu, Blackheart and Shims all have great chances of returning

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not everyone, some people actually stick to their word and refuse to buy anything. Look at how one person here even said they refuse to buy any Nintendo products anymore until Nintendo does what they want them to.

I'll probably buy a third version, though.

I'll probably buy all the third versions of everything. New characters for Smash and the possibility of multiple things I've wanted to see in Pokemon for Stars already have me on the edge of my seat wondering what's up.
Knowing me, I'll probably cave in. because I dont like feeling left out for real

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Actually Shuma has a way better chance than before

That's to the Doctor Strange movie, him, Dornammu, Blackheart and Shims all have great chances of returning
But they haven't been using him in the movies or comics recently like at all. In fact I remember reading that Marvel only allowed him to get if he was DLC, because they didn't want such of obscure character being in the base game. Also Blackheart is a Ghost Rider character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random Question: How would you feel if Nintendo announced a Smash 4 Switch port with no new characters along with a Smash 5 with a downsized roster that cuts many fan favorite veterans in favor of more newcomers?
1. Wouldn't bother with it ever. I already have both the 3DS and the Wii U version, no point to buy the same game 3 times if they don't add anything.
2. Considering how likely Lucas and Greninja (Among other characters that I really like) are to be among these unfortunate cuts, I probably would've been extremely disappointed.

----

@Depressed Gengar The eviolite is found in Konikoni City, you missed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...rd_good_things_about/?st=iwegnkal&sh=601ea238

Here's a new tidbit about the Switch.

Virtual Console is apparently a step in the right direction.

Please give me free upgrades...
All I want:
-GBA and DS VC being able to connect with each other for multiplayer. Give them the same treatment like Gamefreak gave the Pokemon VC games.
-Other VC can connect with other Switches to be able to do multiplayer.
-Gamecube VC
*If they can, give some VC games online multiplayer.
*All VC on Wii U shop right from the start.
*Get Sega and Square to release some **** VC games in America and Europe. Seriously, why does Japan have so many Sega and Square titles and yet nothing and next-to-nothing for Sega and Square in NA/EU? I mean, even fricken' Konami has more VC games than them. Why do we not have the Sonic Advance or Final Fantasy VC games over here yet?

Optional

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
From reading Emily tweets (I guess she couldn't hack radio silence for the remainder of 2016 xP) it seems more she's referencing the quality of the emulation, not really transference/pricing/additional consoles. The Wii U's emulation was notoriously underwhelming, and all dark and weird, so from what I'm gathering it just seems like the Switch may lean closer to the NES Classic when it comes to quality.

That's just a guess though.

D

Deleted member

But they haven't been using him in the movies or comics recently like at all. In fact I remember reading that Marvel only allowed him to get if he was DLC, because they didn't want such of obscure character being in the base game. Also Blackheart is a Ghost Rider character.
Correction: He's known to be a Ghost Rider villian, but he didn't start out as one and has been a villain for other characters too. He actually started off as a daredevil villain of all things. But he has since appeared in other hereo comics too such as Ghost Rider AND Dr. Strange. But primarily the three I mentioned, Daredevil, Dr Strange, and Ghost Rider when it comes to Black Heart being into focus.

Also Shuma Gorath at least has been in a decent amount of games from this franchise. Marvel Super Hereos, MSH vs Street Fighter, MvC2, and MvC3. Their argument doesn't really even make much sense because he's been in more base games than most characters.

D

Deleted member

Unless Nintendo goes against their word on the Switch being "a single-screen experience", VC ports of DS games certainly won't make a return on the new system.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why the heck is there 4 Pheromosa

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate use the spoiler tag. Seriously, some people don't even have the game yet. But regarding your question...
The version exclusive UB's are organized by size rather than their code name.
Buzzwole and Celesteela are bigger, and therefore you need to catch 2 of them.
Pheromosa and Kartana are smaller and therefore come in groups of 4.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just hope She Hulk makes her way back.

Girl is my homegirl 4 lyfe and my favorite comic book character out of all comic book characters.

I was so excited when she was revealed for MvC3.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
From Ryce on Neogaf about Marvel 4's director:

"The game [Marvel 4] is being directed by Norio Hirose, whose credits include Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom, Project Justice, Capcom vs. SNK, and Devil May Cry 4. We’re in good hands."
Shows over lads. We're good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom