• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Zero and/or Strider Hiryu return, then I'll already know who I'm going to main along with X.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Back on the Smash Speculation train for a while? I'll list my wishlist then (Hope nobody minds being a tad late)

Expected or highly plausible:
1: Ice Climbers
2: Inklings
3: Elma
4: Gen VII Pokémon (Probably Decidueye)
5: Probably a new third party representative.

Who I want:
1: Isaac
2: Inklings
3: Decidueye
4: Ice Climbers
5: Takamaru.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So apparently FFXV is going to be getting gradual updates in addition to the DLC. The most interesting of which is actually updates to the story
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5gy9we/future_update_roadmap_released/
If they can someway somehow actually make some really impactful changes to the story, bravo. The second half of the game feels weak because everything just feels so scattered. But if they can connect them properly, it'll be great. Being able to also have other playable characters sounds awesome too. Maybe I'll be able to play as Aranea~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The pokemon I'm trying to get now, my team has NOTHING against it.

My plan so far has been paralyzing the pokemon then False Swiping it to red.

However, this guy has a special attack that takes out my false swiper in 1 hit, because special defense is his weakest stat, and is immune to paralyzation. My special defenders are also weak against his type. Being both water types.

I need to get a shiinotic, which is resistant against him and can spore

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
On the topic of VC, one of Eurogamer's editors has tweeted:

Not totally out of left field, but super nice to see! And about time. :p

Again though, I'd probably only pick up Melee and GX on it until we get more details about the VC's future compatibility. Maybe Double Dash too, depending on if I succumb to peer pressure, haha. My entire Gamecube collection is still pretty untouched at my parents' house, no need to double-dip on most of em.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So my Moon team hasn't changed significantly since Route 3.

And I'm using the demo Greninja and event Snorlax.

And I've got one slot dedicated to a team mascot Everstone'd Eevee. Named Collar Fluff. Who was the insignificant change, as of Route 6.

I feel like a heathen. Should I feel like a heathen?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So my Moon team hasn't changed significantly since Route 3.

And I'm using the demo Greninja and event Snorlax.

And I've got one slot dedicated to a team mascot Everstone'd Eevee. Named Collar Fluff. Who was the insignificant change, as of Route 6.

I feel like a heathen. Should I feel like a heathen?
Depends, why the everstone?

Again though, I'd probably only pick up Melee and GX on it until we get more details about the VC's future compatibility. Maybe Double Dash too, depending on if I succumb to peer pressure, haha. My entire Gamecube collection is still pretty untouched at my parents' house, no need to double-dip on most of em.
Gimme Path of Radiance and maybe Eternal Darkness. Also Wind Waker and Twilight Princess so we can have them on 3 consoles in a row :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seeing the animation fest at /vp/ made my day.

"Get in the bag, yo"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Now this is interesting.

If true, it means that they have a controller that has pressure sensitive R and L buttons like the Game Cube had.

The lack of those on the Wii U is the reason why GC VC never happened there.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

The article is going to show up later today.

Probably when I'm asleep tho
:ohwell:

Now this is interesting.

If true, it means that they have a controller that has pressure sensitive R and L buttons like the Game Cube had.

The Pro Controller they showed off in the reveal perhaps?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Now this is interesting.

From the looks that we've gotten the ZR and ZL buttons, as it were, on the joy-cons are much like the PlayStation 3's L2 and R2 trigger esque buttons. So, that's a good indication that they are indeed pressure sensitive. Can't really tell if they have a crescent like shape or not though, would make it more comfortable at least. And the Pro controller has Xbox like triggers of course.

Chrono.

So apparently FFXV is going to be getting gradual updates in addition to the DLC. The most interesting of which is actually updates to the story
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/5gy9we/future_update_roadmap_released/
If they can someway somehow actually make some really impactful changes to the story, bravo. The second half of the game feels weak because everything just feels so scattered. But if they can connect them properly, it'll be great. Being able to also have other playable characters sounds awesome too. Maybe I'll be able to play as Aranea~
Honestly, with all the glitches I'm seeing from this game and the general incompletedness of it, it wouldn't have hurt them to delay the game one more time.

I bought the game and it hasn't gotten here yet, but I'm starting to regret buying it so soon when there's so much wrong with it.

Ah well, I guess I can always wait for the patch before hitting the latter half of the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I read.

I just want Push to tell why this rumor in particular is worth reporting on SG.
Well I would imagine it's because he has a decent amount of confidence in it, and therefore, his sources.

I'm more interested in knowing if there's any basis behind them thinking we'll get at least five new characters or if it's simply unadulterated speculation.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Also, this is how I imagine some people will react to this:

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

F-Zero GX better be one of the first games on the VC.
Plus I hope Capcom brings Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 on there as well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is how I imagine some people will react to this:
Well, even without the SG "leak", I'm sure Melee will come to the Switch VC at some point.

It's weird being aware of the Melee crowd yet not being a part of it. To me it's just another Smash game, lol. Probably not even my most played. Though it was the one that took me longest to complete. Which just goes to show where my priorities are when compared to the "pros".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, even without the SG "leak", I'm sure Melee will come to the Switch VC at some point.

It's weird being aware of the Melee crowd yet not being a part of it. To me it's just another Smash game, lol. Probably not even my most played. Though it was the one that took me longest to complete. Which just goes to show where my priorities are when compared to the "pros".
I remember not being able to unlock all stages in Melee until Brawl was nearing the end of it's life. Yoshi's Island 64 was a pain and a quarter to unlock.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Little over a month left until all our questions will (hopefully) be answered. Gonna be a long wait with all these rumours popping up. :laugh:

Here's something we could do other than argue the business ethics of re-releases, post your prediction list and your wish-list. Maximum of 5 each

Prediction
1. Splatoon Rep
2. Gen 7 Pokemon
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Rayman?

Wish
1. Inkling (w/ Callie & Marie alts)
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Solid Snake
5. Shantae
Expect:
1. Inkling
2. Ice Climbers
3. Wolf
4. Gen 7 Pokemon
5. Rayman

Want:
1. King K. Rool
2. Bandana Dee
3. Captain Toad
4. Decidueye
5. Wolf

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd be fine if F-Zero GX was the only game on VC, haha. I love that game. I love its soundtrack. And I'm so bad at it. :D

I remember not being able to unlock all stages in Melee until Brawl was nearing the end of it's life. Yoshi's Island 64 was a pain and a quarter to unlock.
I still have memories of my brothers and I passing around the controller trying to unlock the stage, and then trying to unlock the Paper Mario trophy. -_-;

But Diskun was the real insufferable ***** of that game. xD

Little over a month left until all our questions will (hopefully) be answered. Gonna be a long wait with all these rumours popping up. :laugh:
Knowing Smash, our questions will be answered only to be replaced with a new batch when they inevitably don't show the entirety of the new content to be added, especially if the port does not launch alongside the system, which it probably won't.

The ride never ends.

D

Deleted member

It took a long time but someone finally addressed my only complaint about CT

But seriously, I fell in love with the battle system the moment I started the game but by the end the enemy placement just didn't matter anymore
The only endgame techs that I remember needing a specific placement were Ayla's whirlwind and Robo's explosion

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's something we could do other than argue the business ethics of re-releases, post your prediction list and your wish-list. Maximum of 5 each

Prediction
1. Splatoon Rep
2. Gen 7 Pokemon
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Rayman?

Wish
1. Inkling (w/ Callie & Marie alts)
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Solid Snake
5. Shantae
Hmm, I'm late, but hey.

Predicting
1. Inklings
2. Ice Climbers
3. A Pokémon
4. Wolf

I'm not sure about the chances of any character outside of these.

Wishing for
1. Isaac
2. Ice Climbers
3. Wolf
4. A DK Character
5. Inklings

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'd be fine if F-Zero GX was the only game on VC, haha. I love that game. I love its soundtrack. And I'm so bad at it. :D
To this day it's still my favourite racing game, and honestly I say it's the best racer ever made. It was so satisfying beating the Story Chapters on the hardest difficulty, well... except for Chapter 1 and the last one. :laugh:

Knowing Smash, our questions will be answered only to be replaced with a new batch when they inevitably don't show the entirety of the new content to be added, especially if the port does not launch alongside the system, which it probably won't.

The ride never ends.
I thought it was all over only to be brought right back in.
I want off this ride.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
real talk "not many" is super ambiguos and if they have been working on smash switch for a long time i could see 6-10 new characters being a thing (its not many in comparison to the full roster after all)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
real talk "not many" is super ambiguos and if they have been working on smash switch for a long time i could see 6-10 new characters being a thing (its not many in comparison to the full roster after all)
6-10 is plenty in comparison to the DLC characters we got.

And it's not like this is a new game either, it's a port, so I'd imagine they're not going to add much in terms of characters.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Remember there's more to Smash than just characters.
If they're adding a few stages, costumes, trophies, a new mode etc then it's not surprising there's "only" 3-5 characters even if they started in february

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
6-10 is plenty in comparison to the DLC characters we got.

And it's not like this is a new game either, it's a port, so I'd imagine they're not going to add much in terms of characters.
Indeed. 2-5(max 6) is a very realistic approach. They're the biggest selling point of Smash, so I imagine more than 2 is going to be their best option.

Remember there's more to Smash than just characters.
If they're adding a few stages, costumes, trophies, a new mode etc then it's not surprising there's "only" 3-5 characters even if they started in february
The thing is? Characters are the de facto selling point of the series. That said, 3-5 is still realistic. I can't see more than 5 or 6 at best. Do keep in mind they were able to get out 7 for DLC, and that took a year. They also had courses to work on during that time too. And a very small team compared to the original.

As for when it started, the earliest they could potentially start is right after the release of the Wii U version. The DLC team was put together by Sakurai consisting of only some Namco-Bandai members, meaning the bigger team could easily have worked on porting some of the game. I imagine the roster choices were obviously figured out beforehand or not worked on till after the ballot finished, though. They'd easily have more than a year, and some already have complete files that just need tweaking at this point(Wolf, Ice Climbers, possibly some of the cut Gematsu characters depending how far they got, like Marshal/Rhythm Kids(It's not particularly clear which one it was of the two, but then again, it's not even clear it was anything more than a RH slot and Gematsu simply guessed. The fact IC's got cut suggests it likely was the Rhythm Kids, and we have found their proper symbol as is that is like the other franchise symbols, so it stands to a reason a rep was intended at one point. Chrom would be neat, but I'm pretty sure at this point there were enough complaints about FE getting more DLC than any other franchise that it may not go so well. Not that he wouldn't be cool, of course).

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well I would imagine it's because he has a decent amount of confidence in it, and therefore, his sources.

I'm more interested in knowing if there's any basis behind them thinking we'll get at least five new characters or if it's simply unadulterated speculation.

Im confident in my sources (notice the plural), the source behind this has been rock solid on a lot of stuff that I previously haven't reported on. I've explained everything in the article.

There isn't a strong bases for 5-7, it's just the number we (the SG staff) feels will come based on when the porting process started, and the ease of porting between the Wii U and Switch. So it's just speculation.

Chrono.

So a version with the Wii U and 3DS content?

If that means we're getting Prism Tower, Magicant and Smash Run HD sign me the **** up.

On the flipside that means mods for it will likely take a long ass time, but not like I'll get rid of the Wii U version.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind VJ 1 & 2 as GC VC.....but if GC VC happens, Capcom has to release this:

Oh, and Lost Kingdoms 1 & 2 VC also needs to happen. Make it happen, From Software!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Raising Pyukumuku and I'm wonder if there's any situation where it's signature move is better than simply using recover. It's got more PP, sure but you can only use it reliably when the foe is using a toxic or or a flame orb.

Is it too situational or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom