• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Alola stage should be the UB fight scene from the trailers.

That be pretty sweet.

Last edited:
Elma would be great, but relevant wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe her since XCX came and went like nothing.

I have no idea how popular she is with Smash fans though.
Admittedly the rumored X port does put her relevancy into a type of limbo.

Honestly I cant help but see a pokemon as likely partly based on stars. Alola has been in development for a while before and after smash :p

Honestly only thting I can think of is that the roster was finalized absurdly early way before pokemon was ready for some reason
:061:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
His reverse psychology is completely overpowered by the entire rest of the fandom taking the birb as a given.

I'm seeing an empty hole in the roster grow darker with every "A Gen 7 Pokemon is in the game!" type post.
To be clear, I don't think it's a given, nor do I think any Gen 7 a given. However, in comparison to the rest of the Sun/Moon Pokémon, both Decidueye and Mimikyu are the most popular by date, and that can easily justify their place in a slot. Greninja is one of two exceptions, the other being Pichu, and they had additional reasons for their placement, Greninja's being more legitimate. There's no reason not to at least consider them. With how popular Sun and Moon is, there's no reason to not consider a Gen 7 Pokémon.

I don't play Smash anymore so I could care less who or what gets in other then a new SFM model to play with.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Daily reminder that the port is done by Bandai-Namco which what those past leaks said and nothing with Sora LTD is involved so possibly no Sakurai.

There will be characters but not a lot and nothing TOO complex

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
His reverse psychology is completely overpowered by the entire rest of the fandom taking the birb as a given.

I'm seeing an empty hole in the roster grow darker with every "A Gen 7 Pokemon is in the game!" type post.
Dicidueye would be cool, but I'd rather Silvally.

I don't see a gen 7 pokemon though.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
If we're getting more characters exclusively for the Sm4sh port, Nintendo better provide a damn good explanation as to why they can't come to the Wii U and 3DS versions. Besides the Ice Climbers, as we already know why.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
The Kroc needs to happen. Too bad Mashpotato Samurai and crew don't even know he exists despite owning such a popular villain amongst fans.

Simon Belmont/ANY other Castlevania rep too, but...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we're getting more characters exclusively for the Sm4sh port, Nintendo better provide a damn good explanation as to why they can't come to the Wii U and 3DS versions. Besides the Ice Climbers, as we already know why.
Because they want the Switch version to sell.

The impetus is not technical limitations, it's business reasons.

Same reason King Boo is in Kart 8 now.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Their reason? Because they own Smash and can decide to do whatever they want with it.

Now if Square were to get another rep, while I know a lot of people want classic FF characters, I really want Noctis. I think you can get a very interesting kit with him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's be real for a sec...

Who ISN'T expecting inklings to show up sooner or later at this point?
People so blindsided by Cloud they're using anti-logic to try and figure things out?

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Because they want the Switch version to sell.

The impetus is not technical limitations, it's business reasons.

Same reason King Boo is in Kart 8 now.
Of course. I should have figured they'd go the way of Capcom by screwing over owners of earlier versions. Just like MVC3.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Kroc needs to happen. Too bad Mashpotato Samurai and crew don't even know he exists despite owning such a popular villain amongst fans.

Simon Belmont/ANY other Castlevania rep too, but...
Kroc got a Mii costume. If they didn't know before they definitely know how rabid the (worst part of the) fandom is for him now.

If he managed to rank second or MAAAYBE third place on the Ballot out of feasible first party characters depending on what they're planning then he might make it. Bayonetta winning proved his vocal minority doesn't completely represent the majority, though, so that's no guarantee.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As Champ Gold Champ Gold mentioned earlier, rumors indicate that Sakurai might not be directing this port. If this turns out to be true, then I wouldn't be surprised if the character choices end up being different than how they would be if Sakurai were director.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Of course. I should have figured they'd go the way of Capcom by screwing over owners of earlier versions. Just like MVC3.
Its called business. Nintendo wants to intice you to buy the next console and its port, and to do so, they'll add more content within the game to make them worth buying again.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Difference is a Switch Port is coming at near three years after the initial game launched and over a year after the last DLC batch instead of only a few months after initial release.
That's far from pulling a Capcom. Heck that's a longer period of time than most fighting games wait before releasing a GotY edition.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So. Laura K Buzz has actually been blacklisted from a Switch event it seems. I WONDER why?
She's acting pretty petulant about it as if it were to be unexpected after all the **** she's been leaking.

But... I guess it's providing us with info, and indirectly Nintendo seems to be legitimizing her through the blacklisting... so, yay?

Rumor of new characters in Smesh Switch?

Whatever we (possibly) get, it's obviously not a huge addition.
Not to outright disagree, because I've no idea what we'll get... but didn't people have similar sentiments about DLC?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno why people are complaining so much about Saladnit's evo when Vespiqueen was the exact same method

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I beg to differ
Pokemon from Odd Gens: :squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:
Pokemon from Even Gens: :pichumelee::4lucario::4greninja:

The odds are 2:1 !
But again, with Gen 1 there was nothing to jinx, as Smash Bros and thus Smash Bros character predictions didn't exist yet.

Pre-Smash: 6
---------------------------------------------------------
Gen 2: 1
Gen 3: 0
Gen 4: 1
Gen 5: 0
Gen 6: 1
Gen 7: ???

Perhaps I'm not being scientific calling it a pattern just yet, but every time an odd-numbered gen happens during a Smash Bros hype train, it gets completely skipped over despite ever predictor and their mother saying a Pokemon from that generation certainly MUST be added.

And now everyone and their mother is insisting we're getting a Gen 7 Pokemon. SURELY we'll be right this time, guys!

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
Its called business. Nintendo wants to intice you to buy the next console and its port, and to do so, they'll add more content within the game to make them worth buying again.
It's cute how you're saying it like it's a good thing, that it's a good thing that Nintendo's restricting those characters like it's something to applaud.

Difference is a Switch Port is coming at near three years after the initial game launched and over a year after the last DLC batch instead of only a few months after initial release.
That's far from pulling a Capcom. Heck that's a longer period of time than most fighting games wait before releasing a GotY edition.

The main point I'm making is about the arbituary restricting of characters for no good reason. At least with the GOTY editions they don't usually have content you can't get on the original version.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Literally Snake is all I need in the new game. That's it. Give me him and I'm good for like ever. Do I think he will happen? Very slightly. Depends on Konami's support of the Switch, how he did in the ballot, and Nintendo's insistency on him being included cause he wouldn't take much development time. Cause we sure can't depend on Sakurai for him this time.

Other than him though:
1. Takamaru
2. Inkling
3. Rayman
4. Wonder Red
5. Simon Belmont

Pipe dream: Banjo and Kazooie

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still want Midna and Dark Samus for Smash....as unlikely as either seems at this point (barring any surprise appearances in BotW)....

(of course I'm referring to Midna specifically...I doubt we'll see the phazon doppelganger in Zelda, though that'd make for one insane crossover)

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Rumor of new characters in Smesh Switch?

Whatever we (possibly) get, it's obviously not a huge addition.
I guess a new 3rd party character including Indie characters isn't a huge addition then.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the word "obviously" there lolz. Now that I think about it, are inklings considered a big deal?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But again, with Gen 1 there was nothing to jinx, as Smash Bros and thus Smash Bros character predictions didn't exist yet.

Pre-Smash: 6
---------------------------------------------------------
Gen 2: 1
Gen 3: 0
Gen 4: 1
Gen 5: 0
Gen 6: 1
Gen 7: ???

Perhaps I'm not being scientific calling it a pattern just yet, but every time an odd-numbered gen happens during a Smash Bros hype train, it gets completely skipped over despite ever predictor and their mother saying a Pokemon from that generation certainly MUST be added.

And now everyone and their mother is insisting we're getting a Gen 7 Pokemon. SURELY we'll be right this time, guys!
At this point I can't really tell whether or not you think the Odd Generation thing is an actual indicator of chance or not...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because then it gives more reason to get the new console.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As far as third parties my top two would be Crash Bandicoot and Tifa...though ot would be cool if Banjo Kazooie made it in or if Snake returned...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At this point I can't really tell whether or not you think the Odd Generation thing is an actual indicator of chance or not...
I'm doing it at least partially in jest.

The other part of me remembers how much the fandom set themselves up for failure begging for Gen 5 Mythicals and thinks even if there's no actual scientific reason why an odd-genned Pokemon wouldn't get in that the universe itself might taunt them for their sheer arrogance.

Which is also to a degree in jest, but is also a "counting our chickens before they hatched has turned out pretty badly before, especially in this exact situation, so maybe we shouldn't count them before they hatch yet again" thing.

I don't even discount the possibility of something from Gen 7 getting in, just the air of inevitability to it.

That's gonna jinx up the whole joint if it keeps going, I can already see it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Replaying Namco x Capcom for the first time in a very long while...I forgot just how ridiculous Guy/Sho are in this. SMOOKU BOMB!

On the subject of Smash Switch newcomers...I'm mostly happy with Smash 4's roster, so aside from some returning cuts (notably ICs and Wolf) there isn't anyone in particular I'd want. At least, not that have any real shot.

Terry Bogard and Adol Christin 4 Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom