• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm still not seeing the issue here. I could understand for something that's a necessity or very important, like education or healthcare, but this is a video game, it's entertainment.
This is coming from a person that got on me for saying Character customization isnt important in Sun and moon because it isnt part of the plot

This, at least, involves my irl money

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's understandable that some people would be annoyed at the prospect of this. Especially when you spent just as much money on DLC for only characters/stages as you did the actual base game, even more so if you buy all the Mii costumes.

It makes sense from a business perspective yes but at the same time it's a kick in the nuts for others.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Blame this one on Capcom Americanizing the series to hell.

That pretty much killed any chances DGS had and it's sad.
gaaaah damn it :104:
You dont know how bad I want that game PLvsAA got me into Ace Attorney
It's Judd Nelson in the movie Breakfast Club
Holy oops.

He looked so much like Matt :079:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's something we could do other than argue the business ethics of re-releases, post your prediction list and your wish-list. Maximum of 5 each

Prediction
1. Splatoon Rep
2. Gen 7 Pokemon
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Rayman?

Wish
1. Inkling (w/ Callie & Marie alts)
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Solid Snake
5. Shantae
Prediction:
1. Wolf
2. Ice Climbers
3. Wii U/3ds era character
4. Ballot 1
5. Ballot 2

Wish:
1. Snake
2. Wonder Red
3. Chosen Undead
4. Dante
5. Eggman

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I like to think of it like this. No one likes to feel left out and you are an *** if you say " You dont want to feel left out? Buy what everyone else is getting"
I feel left out of all the Poke Sun & Moon fun. If I don't want to feel left out, I would have to buy Sun & Moon wouldn't I? Or am I understanding this wrong?

So the gaming industry is free from this type of criticism because games aren't important.

Shutting down arguments isn't fun man :/
:061:
I wasn't trying to shutdown any arguments, so if it comes off that way I apologize.
That said, yeah, you can still criticize them, but I really don't think this situation is really as bad as people make it out to be.

This is coming from a person that got on me for saying Character customization isnt important in Sun and moon because it isnt part of the plot

This, at least, involves my irl money
IRL money you don't need to spend on the game?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New Pokémon games don't always mean a new Pokémon character (especially when the Smash game is just an updated port).

Remember when Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire guaranteed Sceptile?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im going to do a wild character prediction:
Another Fire Emblem character :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I feel left out of all the Poke Sun & Moon fun. If I don't want to feel left out, I would have to buy Sun & Moon wouldn't I? Or am I understanding this wrong?
Pokémon Sun/Moon is a brand new game. Not a port.

If Nintendo released Pokémon Sun/Moon 2 in November 2017, wouldn't you feel cheated? If you knew that was coming, you'd have just waited till then. But now, you're paying $40 again for something that is mostly the same.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
One of the rumours also mentioned a Souls trilogy? Cool if true, got into the series with Bloodborne and DS3 so I want to try Dark Souls 1 and 2.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's something we could do other than argue the business ethics of re-releases, post your prediction list and your wish-list. Maximum of 5 each

Prediction
1. Splatoon Rep
2. Gen 7 Pokemon
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Rayman?

Wish
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Solid Snake
5. Shantae
Prediction
1.) Inkling
2.) Ice Climbers
3.) Wolf
4.) A third party
5.) A Nintendo ballot character.

Wish
1.) Rayman
2.) Inkling
3.) Shantae
4.) King K.Rool
5.) Dr. Eggman

Last edited:

Chrono.

If Nintendo released Pokémon Sun/Moon 2 in November 2017, wouldn't you feel cheated? If you knew that was coming, you'd have just waited till then. But now, you're paying $40 again for something that is mostly the same.
Something something Pokemon Stars rumors.

Though I still think that's a sequel. SM wouldn't benefit much from a 3rd version.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Prediction
1. Splatoon Rep
2. Gen 7 Pokemon
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Rayman?

Wish
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Solid Snake
5. Shantae
Prediction
1. Inkling
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. A character with an original moveset that was chosen from the Ballot
5. Either a Gen 7 Pokemon or a wildcard no one expected because they were too busy expecting a Gen 7 Pokemon

Wish
1. Inkling (Female/Male/alternate tentacle designs/Octoling alts)
2. Tails
3. Tails
4. Tails
5. Tails

Is there a pattern to what I actually want? . . .Maybe. :troll:

But then, everyone would hate my tastes, so my tastes aren't that important.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
New Pokémon games don't always mean a new Pokémon character (especially when the Smash game is just an updated port).

Sceptile was also guaranteed because "muh grass type" in conjunction with that.
Now the bandwagon is with Decidueye which is a shame because there's better (and proper) reasons to want it such as bringing in an archer styled moveset.

D

Deleted member

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/06/limit/

Here's a Source Gaming translation that I think is worth reading.

Prediction
1. Splatoon Rep
2. Gen 7 Pokemon
3. Ice Climbers
4. Wolf
5. Rayman?

Wish
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Solid Snake
5. Shantae
Prediction
1. I
2. really
3. have
4. no
5. idea.

Wish (in no particular order)
1. Zael
2. Snake and/or Simon
3. Crash
4. K. Rool and/or Dixie
5. Zero

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's a form of psychological tugging.

The existence of a separate superior version is not really a pro-consumer thing. If you happen to have bought the inferior version, then you'll feel left out. And as more and more people buy the new one, you'll finally want to fork over the cash too.

It's the same mentality on which micro-transactions run. It divides the players into haves and have-nots. It makes the have-nots feel that they are lacking something and creating a internal urge to pay up.

I do feel it's scummy.
I feel the big difference between a Smash Switch and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is that:
-With UMvC3, that came out in the same year the Vanilla version was released, which was in February while UMvC3 was released in October/November. That's a 8-9 month difference. And on the same systems.
-Smash came out in 2014. And when Smash Switch releases, it'll be around 3-4 years when it comes out. Also, new characters aren't the only thing that will make Smash Switch different. Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U had lots of differences between each other, like Smash Run and Smash Tour respectively. The stages as well, Smash Wii U having 8 player Smash, the Master/Crazy Orders, the different Classic modes, the achievements and etc. So in some way, Smash Switch will have differences as well and we can't assume they are just going to port all the stages and game modes and stuff over and call it that.
And it's being released on a brand new system rather than the same systems. And after what had happened with the Wii U, besides Nintendo, there are people who want the Switch to succeed. The idea of making an updated game to sell for the same price is rather scummy, but if the Switch wants to succeed and actually get games from other developers besides Nintendo, it will need plenty of reasons why people should buy it in order for people to buy it. And a Smash with new characters that people want to play, as well as new features, will be a reason why, regardless on how scummy people think it is.
--------------------------------------------
That aside, let me ask a question: Would you be compelled to buy the new Smash Switch if, besides new characters....
it supported Mods and Custom Music?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This isn't relevant to anything, but I just found really awesome fanart involving Undertale x Pokémon on Gelbooru and I figured I'd share it. Here.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Not really. I'd either not buy it cause it doesn't interest me, or drop the $40 for it cause it does.
I bought both Diamond and Pearl, and when Platinum came out, despite it being mostly the same, I bought that as well because it interested me. If it didn't interest me or I thought it wasn't worth it I wouldn't have bought it.

There are scummy business tactics out there, like locked on-disc content that Capcom used to push. But I don't think adding new content to a port that's released a couple years later is one of them.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So far, Tapu Lele is the one I've had the most difficulty catching. Mostly because I accidently killed it twice and I forgot that against wild pokemon Golisopod runs from battle isntead of switching...

Chrono.

So far, Tapu Lele is the one I've had the most difficulty catching. Mostly because I accidently killed it twice and I forgot that against wild pokemon Golisopod runs from battle isntead of switching...
Lele was my fastest catch, funnily enough.

Bulu was tough but an Ultra Ball saved me and I got sick of Fini (and it's cry) so I just Master Ball'd it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've only had to use ultra balls so far. I only have Tapu Bulu left

Edit: I used a Timer Ball on Fini

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
That aside, let me ask a question: Would you be compelled to buy the new Smash Switch if, besides new characters....
it supported Mods and Custom Music?
If the Wii U game gets that update as well and I dont have to buy a new console and game to get it, sure

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'd argue there's a big difference between an obligatory remake of an old game and a brand new generation that celebrates the series' 20th anniversary. That's why I never bought into the Sceptile hype, while Decidueye seems incredibly likely to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

To be fair, that was a small minority and pretty dumb...

We already had Greninja, who was added because of a new pokemon game. More specifically the next gen, not remake.

Therefore a gen 7 mon would seem pretty likely.

It falls in the right time slot and it's a new gen, which is shown to be worth capitalizing on.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seeing all these Snake's in people's wish lists warms my heart...

We may just get him back yet.

D

Deleted member

Ugh **** me!
I just realized why I can't sleep; I accidently took Ritalin rather than the pills I was supposed to take. That means I took 3 Ritalin pills in one day - No wonder my brain's on fire!
I really hope my parents will let me have a day off from school, because I really don't think I'll be able to study well without sleep.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
It's extremely unlikely that we'll get anything but a costume out of this, but I REALLY want them to update Link with his Breath of the Wild attire and moveset. I think it would only be fitting that if they're redefining the series they should redefine Link himself, but that could be just me.
In fact, I wish they'd update all of the original 12 with some new moves. Do they ones they already have work? Yes, in fact, they're iconic. But changing them up a bit could breathe new life into Smash.

D

Deleted member

Random question, but how do people feel about no National Pokedex in SM?
I don't really care if there is none, as long as there is one by the time the pokebank is out and I can finally transfer all of the pokemon I have.

Ugh **** me!
I just realized why I can't sleep; I accidently took Ritalin rather than the pills I was supposed to take. That means I took 3 Ritalin pills in one day - No wonder my brain's on fire!
I really hope my parents will let me have a day off from school, because I really don't think I'll be able to study well without sleep.
Yeah, I think that's worthy of a day off for resting.

Also just a reminder about the Arceus event in gen 6 that lasts until January 1st. I know it's silly for me to say as a reminder, but nobody told me, I found out on accident. :p

D

Deleted member

I'm okay with that, since we're probably gonna get it once Pokebank is compatible with Gen 7. If not, then oh well.

Welp, rip

I havent taken my pills in over a year now that I think about it
I can't study without taking them.
Well, more accuratly, I theoritically can study without taking these pills, but I'd have a significantly harder time to concentrate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Seeing all these Snake's in people's wish lists warms my heart...

We may just get him back yet.
I still think he could happen.

He was high on the ballot
a third party
completely unique

and as I've stated before, Konami is at least playing nice and working with the Switch, so maybe they will play nice and let the fans have Snake back.

I don't think it's a high chance, but you never know. I'd still love Snake back.
I don't really mind it being gone. It was a hassle to complete it for the Shiny charm and most people don't care about it anyway.

It's cool to get new entries, but if that time can be put towards other parts of the game, then I'm fine with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I found this and laughed:
Screenshot (371).png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom