• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

Yes! tho its pretty miserable outside atm

This is the kind of thing you don't have to report on, Laura. Just makes us all feel bad. ;_;
My thoughts:
- I only played Souls 3 and I had hard time caring about it. Good for those who want it though.
- Cool info
- This is pretty much a given but the fact that it's Tama of all people reporting on this is hilarious to me.
- This is great because I can just use any powerbank with it on the go if I needed to
- Gen 2 might actually get me to download the game again
- I have zero interest in a Star Fox Musou title.

D

Deleted member

I'm aware this has already been posted in the page, but...

In other news, water is still wet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
>Tama reporting Smash news again

Atleast all this is just pretty much reporting on something we've already know considering a port needs at least "something" new here and there but I think we can all agree that we should leave that one alone.

However Star Fox Warriors being turned down kinda sucks. But at least Emblem Warriors can still exist
Of course all this should be taken with a grain of salt. How much you want to get invested is up to you...

WHAT!?

That Star Fox Warriors would be amazing! We need more warrior games! Come on Nintendo!
Yeah, I woulda loved it. I love the Starfox world and characters. And Krystal probably would've been in the game too, which would've been nice. The Warriors-style of gameplay may not be the most... intricate... but imo the games are good, relatively mindless fun.

And its true the SF brand isn't great right now (which is apparently the reasoning for Nintendo declining), but tying it to a decently successful brand (the Warriors one, coming off Hyrule Warriors - which in turn used Zelda as a springboard), at least in the eyes of the Nintendo fan, probably would've been a step worth experimenting with. They coulda called it Lylat Warriors or something if they wanted to lean harder towards the successful brand.

But Nintendo gotta Nintendo about it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh my God

Watch this trailer for the first 30 seconds. Emma Watson has the most correct opinion

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With the way the guy reported the news it makes me think that the new characters are going to be the plain, standard choices for the Switch port like the IC's, Wolf, Inklings, and maybe the Gen 7 PKMN.

Don't really feel hype for that TBH.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, even regardless of the "leak", I don't see getting more than 4-6 additions to the Smash port, vets included.

But getting Inklings would be hype. For me at least.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
With the way the guy reported the news it makes me think that the new characters are going to be the plain, standard choices for the Switch port like the IC's, Wolf, Inklings, and maybe the Gen 7 PKMN.

Don't really feel hype for that TBH.
IMO that would depend on how plain and standard what people voted for on the Ballot was, since the Ballot basically outed that more characters were being kept in mind for SOMETHING.

The way Bayonetta winning was worded might have implied a veteran (of which Wolf and Ice Climbers are the most requested) wasn't far behind her at all, so that's entirely possible, but the big question is "how many is not many."

Either way, if it's COMPLETELY boring then at least some of the blame can likely be traced back to the fandom.

Chrono.

Yeah I think they're gonna play it super safe for new Smash 4 Switch characters, which is fine, save the big guns for Smash 5.

Expecting:
- Inklings
- Ice Climbers
- Maybe a Gen 7 Pokemon

Definitely hoping for Incineroar to be that Gen 7 mon. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm aware this has already been posted in the page, but...

In other news, water is still wet.
Very happy if true. Was expecting a port with polish.

I'm EV Training Pyukumuku but what stats do I 100%? The defences or do I raise HP and SPDef to get the most out of counter?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, Inklings and ICs seem likely, but we've all seen what happens when we try to predict what happens when Smash ventures into uncharted territory.

So y'all can make your predictions... this time I'm just going to wait and see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Of course all this should be taken with a grain of salt. How much you want to get invested is up to you...

Yeah, I woulda loved it. I love the Starfox world and characters. And Krystal probably would've been in the game too, which would've been nice. The Warriors-style of gameplay may not be the most... intricate... but imo the games are good, relatively mindless fun.

And its true the SF brand isn't great right now (which is apparently the reasoning for Nintendo declining), but tying it to a decently successful brand (the Warriors one, coming off Hyrule Warriors - which in turn used Zelda as a springboard), at least in the eyes of the Nintendo fan, probably would've been a step worth experimenting with. They coulda called it Lylat Warriors or something if they wanted to lean harder towards the successful brand.

But Nintendo gotta Nintendo about it.
I was thinking the same thing. Tying the Warriors brand to it would make it the most successful Star Fox game in quite some time imo.

It could have even brought fans to the series and setup potential new Starfox titles with popular characters.
I hope they rethink or at least get some other warriors out there as the rumor states they are looking at.
Oh my God

Watch this trailer for the first 30 seconds. Emma Watson has the most correct opinion
I just saw this in a youtube ad. Its an interesting looking movie.

But remember Mario's had the better titles in recent years
:p

D

Deleted member

I'm expecting the Inklings, Ice Climbers, Wolf (I still believe it can happen) and a Gen 7 Pokemon (Decidueye pls)
I'd be perfectly content with these.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If Smash Switch has a Gen 7 Pokemon, then it needs to be Inceniroar and/or Mimikyu

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Type Null/Silvally Or dhelmise or Buzzwole for Smash! Maybe Lycanroc to

or riot!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If you're a person who believes Ice Climbers wouldn't work in 8 player Smash on the Wii U do you think they would work on Switch? The Switch doesn't seem to be that big of an upgrade from the Wii U, so if they couldn't work in 8 player Smash on the Wii U version I don't know if they would be able to work in 8 player Smash on the Switch.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
IMO that would depend on how plain and standard what people voted for on the Ballot was, since the Ballot basically outed that more characters were being kept in mind for SOMETHING.

The way Bayonetta winning was worded might have implied a veteran (of which Wolf and Ice Climbers are the most requested) wasn't far behind her at all, so that's entirely possible, but the big question is "how many is not many."

Either way, if it's COMPLETELY boring then at least some of the blame can likely be traced back to the fandom.
Well yeah sure. It'll be nice for people who really wanted Inklings and some vets and whatnot but personally i'm not really feeling it if you know what I mean. :4shulk:

I don't necessarily blame the fandom for that. If anything those characters are a solid bet for this supposed Switch port of Smash Bros so it's only natural for them to hype themselves; more so the fans that really want those characters in the game. Good on them I suppose.

D

Deleted member

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

Yes! tho its pretty miserable outside atm

This is the kind of thing you don't have to report on, Laura. Just makes us all feel bad. ;_;
-Dark Souls 3
That explains FromSoft. It's like I said, Switch would be getting ports of the Souls series. Deal is, everyone who's interested in playing them has already played them elsewhere, barring a few people who might have stuck exclusively to Nintendo. Also, the best one (Bloodborne) remains a PS4 exclusive. I guess the only perk is that DS1 would now be on a next gen console.

-Dock and extra power
Yeah, that's to be expected. It's like when you plug your laptop to the socket and it performs better. Same with the Switch, this has already been reported.

-Smash Bros characters
Cool. Would be nice if they were made available for the WiiU version via DLC, but I'm not holding my breath for it tbh. (Aren't we still waiting for the HW extra content from the 3DS to be added to WiiU DLC?)

-USB-C but no external drive support
This is bad news. How are you supposed to store digital downloads and DLC? Current gen games are massive. My 500GB drive on my PS4 is already full, with less than 20 games. And I doubt the Switch will come with a hefty HD built in. A lot of people these days prefer the convenience of digital games over physical ones. This also makes me question the online service Nintendo is gonna add, no HD means they probably won't prioritize digital downloads and the online store, which means they won't do something simple like creating a unified account system that ties all your game purchases across multiple consoles/platforms, as they should have done ages ago.

Also, why USB-C and not the standard Micro-B that you have in all Android devices?

-Pokemon Go
Isn't the Pokemon searching feature still ****ed after Niantic's last update? When are they gonna add a meaningful mechanic like trading, or just making battling more engaging?

-Star Fox Warriors
Seems like an odd combination. I found Hyrule Warriors to be underwhelming though, so... eh.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
With a restricted number of characters, I'm actually wondering how accurate the "Gen 7 mon" prediction will be.

I'm not counting it out at all, I still think there's a fairly good chance of it happening, it's just starting to make me question it slightly since they don't necessarily "need" the slot to be filled and the Ballot hinted it was being used again later.

I'm keeping in mind that ever single time someone tries to say a Pokemon from an odd-numbered generation between Smash releases is a shoo-in, it turns out to be wrong and a whole trail of Pokemon from that generation is left jangling behind the bandwagon like a bunch of cans on strings.

If they decided "hey, maybe we should do first party fan favorites only since we have a limited amount of time to do this," a Gen 7 Pokemon might possibly not even show up.

*EDIT* OTHER points for a Gen 7 Pokemon possibly not happening is A. Pokemon Company is more draconian than most of the third parties and B. The Smash port likely started work before Gen 7 was announced and Sakurai specifically had to leave a slot open and then be given concept art for Greninja, so they'd have to go out of their way to do it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
-Dark Souls 3
That explains FromSoft. It's like I said, Switch would be getting ports of the Souls series. Deal is, everyone who's interested in playing them has already played them elsewhere, barring a few people who might have stuck exclusively to Nintendo. Also, the best one (Bloodborne) remains a PS4 exclusive. I guess the only perk is that DS1 would now be on a next gen console.

-Dock and extra power
Yeah, that's to be expected. It's like when you plug your laptop to the socket and it performs better. Same with the Switch, this has already been reported.

-Smash Bros characters
Cool. Would be nice if they were made available for the WiiU version via DLC, but I'm not holding my breath for it tbh. (Aren't we still waiting for the HW extra content from the 3DS to be added to WiiU DLC?)

This is bad news. How are you supposed to store digital downloads and DLC? Current gen games are massive. My 500GB drive on my PS4 is already full, with less than 20 games. And I doubt the Switch will come with a hefty HD built in. A lot of people these days prefer the convenience of digital games over physical ones. This also makes me question the online service Nintendo is gonna add, no HD means they probably won't prioritize digital downloads and the online store, which means they won't do something simple like creating a unified account system that ties all your game purchases across multiple consoles/platforms, as they should have done ages ago.

Also, why USB-C and not the standard Micro-B that you have in all Android devices?

-Pokemon Go
Isn't the Pokemon searching feature still ****ed after Niantic's last update? When are they gonna add a meaningful mechanic like trading, or just making battling more engaging?

-Star Fox Warriors
Seems like an odd combination. I found Hyrule Warriors to be underwhelming though, so... eh.
I actually think the new pokemon search feature is pretty nice. It shows near what Pokestop the pokemon is at, and if you click on the pokemon it even directs you toward the pokestop if your not sure which one it is

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
With a restricted number of characters, I'm actually wondering how accurate the "Gen 7 mon" prediction will be.

I'm not counting it out at all, I still think there's a fairly good chance of it happening, it's just starting to make me question it slightly since they don't necessarily "need" the slot to be filled and the Ballot hinted it was being used again later.

I'm keeping in mind that ever single time someone tries to say a Pokemon from an odd-numbered generation between Smash releases is a shoo-in, it turns out to be wrong and a whole trail of Pokemon from that generation is left jangling behind the bandwagon like a bunch of cans on strings.

If they decided "hey, maybe we should do first party fan favorites only since we have a limited amount of time to do this," a Gen 7 Pokemon might possibly not even show up.
If the team thought it was a good idea to put a 6th FE character in a position that could have went to a 2nd Ballot Character, they won't even think twice about putting in a character from a series that's on fire ATM and will most likely have a 3rd version (PKMN Stars) within the same window as the Smash Switch game.

And of course, muh relevancy.

Inklings and Inciniroar would be so hype for me and is pretty much a perfect scenario for me since every other character I want is a full blown no-hoper.

This of course means this is not what will actually happen.
:061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm gonna take a guess and say Smash 4 Switch will add Ice Climbers, Inkling, and Decidueye.

IF there's a fourth, it'd be from the ballot, I think. Maybe Shovel Knight to get one last third party in there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not going to be Inciniroar. Why would it be Inciniroar

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I still hope for Elma/Rook(player character) from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

As for Gen 7 Pokemon, everyone is saying Decidueye but on what I feel is more pattern following and set completion than desire for the Owl itself. It does have a lot of similarities to Greninja including Ash picking the first stage and having a bipeidal final form with a cool design. Plus it acts as the grass counterpart to Greninja and Charizard. But that doesn't count for too much so don't put all your bets on it. Still, a character with a heavy archery theme (and not Pit and Link's one attack in the whole roster that uses a bow [as intended for pit's case] thing) would be cool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not really holding my breath for a new Pokémon Character if we're getting a Smash 4 Switch.

Inklings and Ice Climbers are the most likely imo. Anyone else is anyone's guess.

Wolf please

D

Deleted member

I actually think the new pokemon search feature is pretty nice. It shows near what Pokestop the pokemon is at, and if you click on the pokemon it even directs you toward the pokestop if your not sure which one it is
I'm just reporting on what people have complained about. Apparently the fad has died and the game's popularity has dropped massively after the last update. Many people were annoyed by it or whatever. I never played it, so idk. The fact that you couldn't trade and that battling was lame made me instantly not care about Pokemon Go.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still hope for Elma/Rook(player character) from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

As for Gen 7 Pokemon, everyone is saying Decidueye but on what I feel is more pattern following and set completion than desire for the Owl itself. It does have a lot of similarities to Greninja including Ash picking the first stage and having a bipeidal final form with a cool design. Plus it acts as the grass counterpart to Greninja and Charizard. But that doesn't count for too much so don't put all your bets on it. Still, a character with a heavy archery theme (and not Pit and Link's one attack in the whole roster that uses a bow [as intended for pit's case] thing) would be cool.
I do legitimately want Decidueye.

Archer play style, awesome design, and the first Ghost type in Smash. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm just reporting on what people have complained about. Apparently the fad has died and the game's popularity has dropped massively after the last update. Many people were annoyed by it or whatever. I never played it, so idk. The fact that you couldn't trade and that battling was lame made me instantly not care about Pokemon Go.
There's been a couple updates since the one people were annoyed by

Chrono.

It's not going to be Inciniroar. Why would it be Inciniroar
Because, Cats + Wrestling = A fun time?
-Dark Souls 3

-Dock and extra power

-Smash Bros characters

-Pokemon Go

-Star Fox Warriors
The HWL characters have been available on Wii U since day 1.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If the team thought it was a good idea to put a 6th FE character in a position that could have went to a 2nd Ballot Character, they won't even think twice about putting in a character from a series that's on fire ATM and will most likely have a 3rd version (PKMN Stars) within the same window as the Smash Switch game.

And of course, muh relevancy.
Well, I edited right when you quoted me, but I realized there's more to it than that.

It depends on when they started making the port how likely it would be. Sakurai had to actively leave a spot open until Pokemon Company handed him concept art for Greninja, so depending on when they started work for the port it might have been a hassle not worth bothering with on a lower character amount. And then there's the fact that Pokemon Company tends to be a bit of a handful to work with according to an interview. Intelligent Systems meanwhile gleefully references Smash in their games, so they're probably much more cooperative.

And on a less serious note, jinx factor. The only thing people predict about Fire Emblem over and over again is that characters are being replaced, so cue all of them coming back at once and then enough to double that amount on top of that. Meanwhile we're ALWAYS having people say we're getting a Pokemon from an odd-numbered generation and. . .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I do legitimately want Decidueye.

Archer play style, awesome design, and the first Ghost type in Smash. :p
Question is, how do you prefer your archers?

Like this

Or this?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I'm like"why ain't roggenrola evolving?" Turns out it came with an everstone when I caught it lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is bad news. How are you supposed to store digital downloads and DLC?
It is entirely possible that due to cartridges, DLC can be literally written onto the cartridge as a save file would be way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom