• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can see Silvally being in, I think it's got an outside chance.
Out of those choices, I do think Sillvally is pretty possible. It's a unique fighter, based on Arceus for even more neat features. It could switch between the fire, water, grass, and normal memorys. Could have quite a lot of different moves.

Moves that I could see in his moveset:

X Scissor
Tri Attack
Crush Claw
Double Hit
Air Slash
Any Fang move
Razorr wind
Aerial Ace
Crunch
Hyper Beam
Dragon Claw
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Stteel Wing
Shadow Claw
Giga Impact
Payback ( a counter)
Rock Slide
Flash Cannon
Snarl

Recovery: Surf

Maybe Draco Meteor, which it can apparently learn, holy ***.

With Multi Attack as his final smash.
Maybe a Z move to.

There's so much potential. I think Silvally would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
A Smash newcomer discussion? What sparked this?

Well. Decidueye/Mimikyu, Ballot runner ups, another FE character. Pretty much summed up the expectations.

D

Deleted member

While I'd rather have Decidueye, I'd be down with Silvally.
Bonus points if Gladion's theme plays in its reveal trailer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't see Silvally joining the roster. The Poké Ball roster, maybe, but not the playable character roster.

Ribombee for Poké Ball please. Pollen Puff that heals you and hurts foes. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Out of those choices, I do think Sillvally is pretty possible. It's a unique fighter, based on Arceus for even more neat features. It could switch between the fire, water, grass, and normal memorys. Could have quite a lot of different moves.

Moves that I could see in his moveset:

X Scissor
Tri Attack
Crush Claw
Double Hit
Air Slash
Any Fang move
Razorr wind
Aerial Ace
Crunch
Hyper Beam
Dragon Claw
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Stteel Wing
Shadow Claw
Giga Impact
Payback ( a counter)
Rock Slide
Flash Cannon
Snarl

Recovery: Surf

Maybe Draco Meteor, which it can apparently learn, holy ***.

With Multi Attack as his final smash.
Maybe a Z move to.

There's so much potential. I think Silvally would be pretty cool.
What? Really? He can learn Draco Meteor? That's interesting.

Can Arceus learn Draco Meteor?

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
As far as a new Smash, port or completely new, I would say the safest guesses for additional characters are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Inklings, and maybe a Gen 7 Pokemon.

I do think Decidueye would make a fine addition. Mostly Archer, grass/ghost, Z-Move as a Final Smash, and would bring entirely something different from other Pokemon and the rest of the roster. The only argument against Decidueye besides another Pokemon may not be added is that "muh Grass Pokemon" reasoning can be weak.

I do wish to see more than just the previously mentioned, though. I'd like to see some popular choices and not so popular choices come in. Just popular characters only can be exciting, but I think it'll rob the excitement in the long run.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My prediction? Some character(s) that no one saw coming. :4cloud:
Anything other than the "veteran-Inkling-Gen 7" combo people are stating would qualify at this point.

Precisely due to that is why I'm starting to wonder slightly about the Gen 7. It's the weakest link out of those three and while the timing finally fits for once it's possible "odd gens are a trap" may still be a thing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
While I'd rather have Decidueye, I'd be down with Silvally.
Bonus points if Gladion's theme plays in its reveal trailer.
Imagine if they remixed that theme. It be amazing!
I can't see Silvally joining the roster. The Poké Ball roster, maybe, but not the playable character roster.

Ribombee for Poké Ball please. Pollen Puff that heals you and hurts foes. :p
Why not?

He works as a fighter, is important to Sun and Moon, is popular, pretty marketable and versatile addition. It could happen, but the starters are probably likely. He could be the Switch's Greninja though.
What? Really? He can learn Draco Meteor? That's interesting.

Can Arceus learn Draco Meteor?
I'm pretty sure it can.
Yes it does, which I did not know beforehand either.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Guesses for Characters:

Inkling
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Deicdueye/Incineroar or Sillvally
Crash Bandicoot.

I'm positive they'll get a third party in there. With a Crash Reboot on the rise, I think sony would take this opportunity and go with it.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, I edited right when you quoted me, but I realized there's more to it than that.

It depends on when they started making the port how likely it would be. Sakurai had to actively leave a spot open until Pokemon Company handed him concept art for Greninja, so depending on when they started work for the port it might have been a hassle not worth bothering with on a lower character amount. And then there's the fact that Pokemon Company tends to be a bit of a handful to work with according to an interview. Intelligent Systems meanwhile gleefully references Smash in their games, so they're probably much more cooperative.

And on a less serious note, jinx factor. The only thing people predict about Fire Emblem over and over again is that characters are being replaced, so cue all of them coming back at once and then enough to double that amount on top of that. Meanwhile we're ALWAYS having people say we're getting a Pokemon from an odd-numbered generation and. . .
I can picture whatever Gen 7 PKMN being a Sonic in Brawl situation where the team does everything they can to get the character in the game.

D

Deleted member

Inkling, Elma, a Gen 7 Pokemon, Ice Climbers, and Wolf all feel like at least somewhat safe bets due to either popularity, relevancy/recency, or veteran status (and they're all first party). The only not-so-safe bet I'm seeing right now is Crash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Inkling, Elma, a Gen 7 Pokemon, Ice Climbers, and Wolf all feel like at least somewhat safe bets due to either popularity, relevancy/recency, or veteran status. The only not-so-safe bet I'm seeing right now is Crash.
Elma would be great, but relevant wouldn't be a word I'd use to describe her since XCX came and went like nothing.

I have no idea how popular she is with Smash fans though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since the DLC already added third parties, I'm actually thinking they might avoid adding additional ones and just market the ones they have a little more heavily.

I mean, I could easily, EASILY be wrong about that, but if they're packing in the DLC for free how easy would it bee for them to say "Oh by the way, we added Cloud Strife to Smash Bros" and just call it a day?

Why not?

He works as a fighter, is important to Sun and Moon, is popular, pretty marketable and versatile addition. It could happen, but the starters are probably likely. He could be the Switch's Greninja though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inkling
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Crash Bandicoot.

I'm positive they'll get a third party in there. With a Crash Reboot on the rise, I think sony would take this opportunity and go with it.
Also Sony doesn't own Crash, that's. . .I think Activision.

. . .Also Konami owns Snake and Square Enix owns Cloud, since I've seen confusion from people somewhere out there on those fronts before.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Why not?

Inkling
Wolf
Ice Climbers
Crash Bandicoot.

The thing is, Type: Null honestly isn't that important to Sun and Moon, and Silvally even less so.
His origin doesn't get a whole lot of time in the story and you only ever see it with Gladion. As far as the actual story is concerned it's no more important than Golisopod (Guzma's ace).

The only ones I'd say are important to the story are the starters, the UBs/Nihilego especially, and Cosmog and its evolutions.
Null/Silvally's plot significance is much more hidden away.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still think a Gen 7 Pokemon won't happen.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Let's be real for a sec...

Who ISN'T expecting inklings to show up sooner or later at this point?

D

Deleted member

It is entirely possible that due to cartridges, DLC can be literally written onto the cartridge as a save file would be way back when.
Yeah, but the trends are moving to Digital downloads due to convenience still. A small HD and no External Drive will be one of those things that will hurt Nintendo further down the line. Like their reluctance to embrace online play.

Because, Cats + Wrestling = A fun time?

The HWL characters have been available on Wii U since day 1.
Oh, cool. Never bothered to check tbh.

There's been a couple updates since the one people were annoyed by
Ahhh.

How come the game's popularity hasn't picked up since then? Well, I suppose this Gen 2 thing will help respark it. Perhaps not to the levels it used to be, but some.

I'm still not gonna play it though, not till they add trading and a better battle system. #Renegade4Laif

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Still think a Gen 7 Pokemon won't happen.
#OddGenIsAJinx

With it saying there's only a few characters, I'm starting to seriously get on the fence.

Being on the fence with most in favor, that naturally leaves me to argue against the possibility just in case so that if it doesn't happen it's not a blindside.

D

Deleted member

Also Sony doesn't own Crash, that's Activision.
Also, I highly doubt that Sony or Microsoft would allow any of their characters in Smash (despite what Xbox head honcho Phil Spencer said about Banjo on Twitter), neither do I see Nintendo allowing it to happen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They could readd Pichu and add Alolan Raichu as the gen 7 pokemon and complete the trilogy

Yeah, but the trends are moving to Digital downloads due to convenience still. A small HD and no External Drive will be one of those things that will hurt Nintendo further down the line. Like their reluctance to embrace online play.

Oh, cool. Never bothered to check tbh.

Ahhh.

How come the game's popularity hasn't picked up since then? Well, I suppose this Gen 2 thing will help respark it. Perhaps not to the levels it used to be, but some.

I'm still not gonna play it though, not till they add trading and a better battle system. #Renegade4Laif
Probably because it's hard to walk around while the weather is so bad

They should have released the game at the beginning of spring or something. That would have prolonged it's longevity

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since the DLC already added third parties, I'm actually thinking they might avoid adding additional ones and just market the ones they have a little more heavily.

I mean, I could easily, EASILY be wrong about that, but if they're packing in the DLC for free how easy would it bee for them to say "Oh by the way, we added Cloud Strife to Smash Bros" and just call it a day?

Also Sony doesn't own Crash, that's. . .I think Activision.

. . .Also Konami owns Snake and Square Enix owns Cloud, since I've seen confusion from people somewhere out there on those fronts before.
If I'm correct, they have some rights to him. I could be wrong though. Either way, he was a major gaming icon, so I could see them try to get him, or Sony or Activision would ask to make a deal to get him in.

It's pretty possible, especially if Cloud got in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
if we get another third party character I'm thinking it'll be an indie or another Capcom or Namco character. Maybe Square.

Or maybe Konami if they want to play nice.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It might come as a shock to people, but the character I'm hoping for is Geno

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also, I highly doubt that Sony or Microsoft would allow any of their characters in Smash (despite what Xbox head honcho Phil Spencer said about Banjo on Twitter), neither do I see Nintendo allowing it to happen.
Agreed, direct competitors exchanging characters seems unlikely.

Microsoft has always been friendlier with Nintendo than Sony, too, since Microsoft at least allowed Zoo Tycoon DS and Minecraft Wii U Edition with Nintendo skin packs to exist due to the former being on a system format they weren't working with and the latter being already on competitors' consoles and largely being left with a loose leash. I've never even heard of Sony letting Nintendo have anything upon releasing their own line from their canned SNES add-on, just companies that release games on Sony systems being mistaken for Sony IPs.
To be fair, there have been Gen 1 Pokemon in Smash before. :4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4charizard::squirtle::ivysaur:
Gen 1 is the odd one in.

Maybe it's immune since it released before the Smash hype cycle started. No one could anticipate new Pokemon characters from that shiny new Gen to also be in the latest Smash, so no one could end up getting trolled by fate.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You keep saying this, and reverse psychology will take in effect.

So could you post this more so I can see HD Decidueye? Thanks.
His reverse psychology is completely overpowered by the entire rest of the fandom taking the birb as a given.

I'm seeing an empty hole in the roster grow darker with every "A Gen 7 Pokemon is in the game!" type post.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It might come as a shock to people, but the character I'm hoping for is Geno
I thought it was Mallow
:troll:
I'm pretty sure they just paid Activision to make the N-Sane Collection and Skylanders bundle PlayStation-exclusive.

View attachment 121682
This is odd when you consider the fact that Sony hinted they brought back the rights. Guess the deal fell through.

Either way, I still think he's possible, I'm just more happy to see him being revived.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If you're a person who believes Ice Climbers wouldn't work in 8 player Smash on the Wii U do you think they would work on Switch? The Switch doesn't seem to be that big of an upgrade from the Wii U, so if they couldn't work in 8 player Smash on the Wii U version I don't know if they would be able to work in 8 player Smash on the Switch.
The only way someone could beleive that is if they didn't read the news about Sakurai saying Ice Climbers worked fine on Wii U version, including 8 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom