• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Oh, wait... Marvel vs. Capcom is releasing next year...

R.I.P. Injustice 2?
I plan on getting both personally.

Especially because I'm a huge character person when it comes to crossovers and Infinite's gonna be pulling some curious strigs in that department what with the lack of mutants, Deadpool, and Doom.

And yes Spider-Gwen and Deapool are great and all so I'm sure Gwenpool is too, but if they truly do add Gwenpool because the original Deadpool has a FOX movie series that's just replacing an iconic character with an obvious stand in and I can't look past that much petty.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
About that leak though, I'd be happy.
Groot and Ms. Marvel hype! :D Howard and Gwenpool could also be really neat.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Predicting that the Capcom character shown today will be either Chun-Li or Frank West, while the Marvel character will be Captain America or Spider-Man.

Yes, I'm assuming it'll be one of each today. :p
I can definitely see Captain America or Spiderman. Chun-li and Frank? I'm surprised you said Frank and not Morrigan. Also, Chun-Li wasn't one of the first three revealed for MvC3 and obviously she is going to be in anyway. Morrigan, however, I could see being revealed alongside Ryu and X.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
We haven't even heard anything from Injustice 2 for about 4 or so months now either.

Even though half of Ed Boon's tweets are completely unsubtle characters hints and polls. :p

"Constantine this".. "Black Canary and Black Adam that".. WE KNOW THEY'RE IN THE GAME, BOON.

Let us SEE them.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can definitely see Captain America or Spiderman. Chun-li and Frank? I'm surprised you said Frank and not Morrigan. Also, Chun-Li wasn't one of the first three revealed for MvC3 and obviously she is going to be in anyway. Morrigan, however, I could see being revealed alongside Ryu and X.
I mainly said Frank as a timing/cross promotional thing. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, wait... Marvel vs. Capcom is releasing next year...

R.I.P. Injustice 2?
Oh my god, the Infinity Stone gimmick sounds just like the 'neon costume boost' gimmick from the trailer too!
Dead Rising 4 is coming out whenever. New Darkstalkers game has yet to be greenlit
Even though half of Ed Boon's tweets are completely unsubtle characters hints and polls. :p

"Constantine this".. "Black Canary and Black Adam that".. WE KNOW THEY'RE IN THE GAME, BOON.

Let us SEE them.
MAYBE IF BLACK MANTA WAS PLAYABLE...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Oh my god, the Infinity Stone gimmick sounds just like the 'neon costume boost' gimmick from the trailer too!

Dead Rising 4 is coming out whenever. New Darkstalkers game has yet to be greenlit

MAYBE IF BLACK MANTA WAS PLAYABLE...
Well, "Neon costume boost" isn't how the gimmick works at all, though. It's a straight up, name-and-all gear system with custom stats, think like a more competitively focused and balanced version of Smash's gear system where the gear actually changes parts of a character's costume and armor when equipped.

Also wasn't Black Manta confirmed to be a stage hazard?

EDIT: While I'm dropping in, long time no see. :p

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Predicting that the Capcom character shown today will be either Chun-Li or Frank West, while the Marvel character will be Captain America or Spider-Man.

Yes, I'm assuming it'll be one of each today. :p
Captain America got name dropped on the Playstation blog instead of Captain Marvel, so I'm expecting him and another character like Captain Commando.

I would've told you Morrigan initially instead of Commando, but the extended trailer is airing on the same channel that makes Capcom force Mika players user her alt. instead of her default because it's 2lewd4theviewers (I guess?)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never realized how much I'd want Howard the Duck in it before

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, "Neon costume boost" isn't how the gimmick works at all, though. It's a straight up, name-and-all gear system with custom stats, think like a more competitively focused and balanced version of Smash's gear system where the gear actually changes parts of a character's costume and armor when equipped.

Also wasn't Black Manta confirmed to be a stage hazard?

EDIT: While I'm dropping in, long time no see. :p
It sounds waaaaay too similar

He was. That's why I said that

Haiiiiii! Might be able to use Discord again next week as my phone won't be rip

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I never realized how much I'd want Howard the Duck in it before
I have.

No lie, Howard the Duck has been a staple character on every single roster I've made for the game since months before the initial leaks.

Him and Squirrel Girl. :p

It sounds waaaaay too similar

He was. That's why I said that

Haiiiiii! Might be able to use Discord again next week as my phone won't be rip
Well, think of it like this. Marvel's Infinity Stone system seems to be working off a basic idea that you select one of the five stones before battle, which give you a boost with a special effect temporarily in mid battle.

Injustice's Gear System is alternate costumes which can be mixed and match piece by piece, each costume giving out different permanent stats or effects.

EDIT: I done double posted. Still not used to being back here it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just give me Pheenie, Vile, Ant Man and Dormammu and I'm 101% happy
Well, think of it like this. Marvel's Infinity Stone system seems to be working off a basic idea that you select one of the five stones before battle, which give you a boost with a special effect temporarily in mid battle.

Injustice's Gear System is alternate costumes which can be mixed and match piece by piece, each costume giving out different permanent stats or effects.
Double posts aren't allowed here plebian!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So,I finally got around to beating the Alola Elite Four last night. My thoughts on the Elite Four and the game as a whole:
The Elite four was pretty fun. I assumed it would've been the four island Kahunas, being Hala, Olivia, Nanu, and Hapu. I was pretty disappointed that the latter two were not present, I must say. Acerola is cool and all, but I really wished to see Nanu again. Kahili was pretty cool too, but at least she was a new/different challenge. When I discovered who the Champion was, I had such a huge grin on my face, which is a rarity for me. Was definitely a great surprise. Anyways, my final team in order of capture:

Decidueye (M) - Overgrow - Decidium Z
Lycanroc (M) - Keen Eye - Amulet Coin
Salazzle (F) - Corrosion - Charcoal
Golisopod (M) - Emergency Exit - Big Root
Kommo-o (M) - Bulletproof - Leftovers
Magnezone ( ) - Sturdy - Quick Claw

I've got to say, this game was a lot better than I expected it to be. I miss the gyms, but the Trials were an interesting was to get more involved with the game, and was fitting for the region. Lots of new and interesting Pokemon designs, and I'm very happy that I avoided ALL news about the game after they revealed the starters. Potentially my 3rd Favorite generation, behind Gen 4 in 2nd place, and Gen 3 in 1st.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Saw the gameplay footage of Mahvel Eenfiet. Definitely plan to pick it up.

Though I don't know if I'll buy Ultimate 3 again (despite both my copies of vanilla MvcC3 & Ultimate MvC3 got stolen years ago).

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I started to search a Destiny Knot using Pickup with 5 Meowth on my team, so far there's no success but I got some cool stuff anyway.
-2 Balm Mushrooms
-3 Sun Stones
-1 Leftovers
-Shiny Bagon

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mainly said Frank as a timing/cross promotional thing. :p
I'm aware of Dead Rising 4 and how popular Frank is. I still see Morrigan more probable to happen.
Dead Rising 4 is coming out whenever. New Darkstalkers game has yet to be greenlit.
It's fricken' Morrigan. Not only has she been in every Vs Capcom game that isn't SNK(MvC, MvC2, TvC, MvC3), but the main guy who does the VS Capcom games, Niitsuma, actually said along the lines of, "Morrigan is a rather big icon, right behind Chun-Li. If you have Chun-Li, you have to have Morrigan." That is actually something he said in a "Ask Capcom" when they were talking about Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Doesn't matter how dead Darkstalkers is, if Niitsuma is doing MvCInfinite, Morrigan is guaranteed if Chun-Li is in and she is just as much guaranteed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I started to search a Destiny Knot using Pickup with 5 Meowth on my team, so far there's no success but I got some cool stuff anyway.
-2 Balm Mushrooms
-3 Sun Stones
-1 Leftovers
-Shiny Bagon
I've still got nothing with my meowth.

Leftovers is what I'm looking for

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There is this nice little thing called " ignore"

Or I can hide you in my closet?
Oh, Like, Please dont?
You're avatar has too much "thicc fruit ***" for my tastes.

Still. I like it cause it has Tsareena.

But you won't have your dominance with that avatar.
I am beginning to forget why I thought checking on Smashboards once in a while again would be a good idea. :p
Irene plz sed hep i am be bullied
I'm aware of Dead Rising 4 and how popular Frank is. I still see Morrigan more probable to happen.

It's fricken' Morrigan. Not only has she been in every Vs Capcom game that isn't SNK(MvC, MvC2, TvC, MvC3), but the main guy who does the VS Capcom games, Niitsuma, actually said along the lines of, "Morrigan is a rather big icon, right behind Chun-Li. If you have Chun-Li, you have to have Morrigan." That is actually something he said in a "Ask Capcom" when they were talking about Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Doesn't matter how dead Darkstalkers is, if Niitsuma is doing MvCInfinite, Morrigan is guaranteed if Chun-Li is in and she is just as much guaranteed.
I agree Morrigan's getting in. But I was talking about who'd be revealed first. In which I believe Frank has the edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom