• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
would rather they make Francessca Von Karma playable like she was suposed to be in tatsunoko
because her VS ghost rider would be an amazing rivalry to parralel phoenix and shehulk
Don't get me started on how if this is MCU based, the most prominent repeat female Avenger that's not Wasp or Scarlet Witch, won't even be able to appear.

Because seriously, the hell were the movies thinking making Widow THE female Avenger? She's not even close to being on that many Avengers teams through the years.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't get me started on how if this is MCU based, the most prominent repeat female Avenger that's not Wasp or Scarlet Witch, won't even be able to appear.

Because seriously, the hell were the movies thinking making Widow THE female Avenger? She's not even close to being on that many Avengers teams through the years.
I mean Black Widow will be cool to see.

But you're right. I hope they don't limit themselves to the MCU. Focus? Sure. Everything? Nah.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
would rather they make Francessca Von Karma playable like she was suposed to be in tatsunoko
because her VS ghost rider would be an amazing rivalry to parralel phoenix and shehulk
Damn. I thought Trucy could be fun but Franziska sounds killer
Found this Golisopod thing with Toucannon
I accept this as my new headcanon

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm hoping Spider-Man is shown off as soon as possible. He's been a Marvel Main of mine for as long as I could remember. Would prefer his adult counterpart, but teenager Spider-Man is being used for the movies. Seems like most characters are using their comic version anyway.

In other news. I found a Mega Man animated music video I think most of you would like.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Either they haven't chosen his voice actor yet, they haven't recorded any lines yet, or they're pulling a Mega Man in Smash by not giving him a voice, which added to the whole retro flavor of the character, but it doesn't seem like they're attempting that with X in Mahvel, so it doesn't really fit as well with him.

I'd be content with his X8/Command Mission/Maverick Hunter X voice actor returning.
Mark Gatha had retired from voice acting a while ago. I remember hearing he might have passed away, but I don't know if that's true or not. Which would be unfortunate, obviously.

If I had to guess, MMX's English voice actor hasn't been chosen. It'd be weird for him not to have a voice when both Rock and Zero had voices in the Marvel games. He's had a pretty consistent voice actor in Japanese for a while, who also does Cloud and Rohan from JoJo. While in the trailer, everyone was speaking in English. Which leads me to believe his hasn't been chosen yet.

I wonder if it is MCU based, how will they handle characters outside of the movies? Because uhhh....the movie roster is lacking IMO. Lots of greats have yet to make their debut, but then so has Carol, and we've already seen her.

Also will Spider-Man be a teenager in this? Because that could lend some humor. Especially if they nail him down to act like Tom Holland as much as possible.
Preferably, I'd still say Adult Spider-Man, as he's been since MSH. I'd hate to have them mess up his proportions. He needs those over-sized legs. That's why his kicks are so strong.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Just seen the PS thing. Horizon looks absolutely incredible omfg. Would get that ASAP if I had a PS4 / it was 3rd party. The Crash Trilogy looks great too.

Add me on Steam : haldir721, actual steam name thing : WitchKing
Cheers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IHE did Suicide Squad in his "Search For the Worst"

Was Suicide Squad that bad?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, I feel conflicted about AntMan in MVCI. On one hand, closest to Kamen Rider I can get and he'd be cool as hell to see, on the other hand...Hoe could he work as a fighter? shrinking sounds...problematic as a gimmick. Not to mention the 'punchy dudes' statement from last game. Though last time was just ****inh ridiculous with that claim
Don't forget he can summon and control ants too so he could set up tracks of bitey ants of swarms of flying ones. Or those electric ones that they use to wipe the servers. I imagine his shrinking/growing would be for dodging, a special move and, for giant especially, supers.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So the announcement of Season 2 of SFV DLC being all newcomers has been controversial with the SF crowd.

Apparently it even got boos but I'm not sure if that's true.

Who do you think about the decision?
I'm upset because two characters I was invested in returning are still not in the game.
And only 1 of the 4 newcomers I've enjoyed so far.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So the announcement of Season 2 of SFV DLC being all newcomers has been controversial with the SF crowd.

Apparently it even got boos but I'm not sure if that's true.

Who do you think about the decision?
I like it because I want to see original new fighters than just older ones brought back.

Plus they said NEW to the SF universe so they could be characters people like but are gonna be playable for the first time like Ed, another Final Fight character like Haggar and even the girl who hung around Alex

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I like it because I want to see original new fighters than just older ones brought back.

Plus they said NEW to the SF universe so they could be characters people like but are gonna be playable for the first time like Ed, another Final Fight character like Haggar and even the girl who hung around Alex
I was reading this and jokingly thought to myself that it could be Mega Man. Then I realized how ****ing awesome that would be, so now I want all of them to be Mega Man

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Weren't some Final Fight characters in the first Street Fighter game?

Chrono.

Weren't some Final Fight characters in the first Street Fighter game?
Not at all.

The only Final Fight characters in Street Fighter so far are: Cody, Guy, Poison, can Hugo count?, Sodom/Katana, Maki and Rolento.

Hugo and Poison aside, all of them were introduced in Alpha.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not at all.

The only Final Fight characters in Street Fighter so far are: Cody, Guy, Poison, can Hugo count?, Sodom/Katana, Maki and Rolento.

SF1's roster is so hard to remember. XD

Anyway, this means the old cartoon is actually the debut of Final Fight characters being in the Street Fighter Universe. I want more to be added to the actual canon universe. I love it when old cartoons help the regular canon become better. For instance, Quan Chi debuted in the Mortal Kombat cartoon as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not at all.

I think the confusion is because it's called Alpha

Chrono.

Speaking of Street Fighter, anyone remember that old NES game Street Fighter 2010? The weird futuristic spin off Capcom made before Street Fighter hit it bit?

Well as it turns out, the characters from there did get new art as well.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Quick Sun Update while everyone's talking Mahvel...

Andromeda
Kelvin

Actually managed to get a female Popplio...I know the lore behind the nickname doesn't quite match up with the lore behind the pokemon, but I figured it still sounds appropriate enough...
My Popplio ended up being a timid nature also, not the ideal nature but could've been worse...

I also figure I'll actually 'use' Toucannon this time as opposed to it just being on my team then evolving then getting boxed shortly after...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's the only reason I know the game at the very least. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the majority there
I only know if it cause of seeing the cartridge in person. But yeah, that's probably how it's most known. It's a really obscure game, and for good reasons. It's not like the regular Street Fighter series, which is amazing. Just a spin-off.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's the only reason I know the game at the very least. Wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the majority there
I know of it because when I was into Nintendo roms I saw it and download it thinking it was actual street fighter on the NES

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Y'know what
I want to be controversial
The Crash remakes don't hype me. Nothing Naughty Dog ever made really hyped me at all. I played Crash 3 at a friend a lot, so it can't be due to lack of experience, can it? Insomniac's had the more fun looking games imo

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I personally am very excited to play the Crash remasters. I loved Crash as a kid, and I'm interested in seeing how they handle these remakes. So interested, I refuse to look up any videos on the games, that I not be spoiled by how pretty the game is.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I personally am very excited to play the Crash remasters. I loved Crash as a kid, and I'm interested in seeing how they handle these remakes. So interested, I refuse to look up any videos on the games, that I not be spoiled by how pretty the game is.
Well if you saw the trailer you already have a pretty good idea of how the game looks lol.
Y'know what
I want to be controversial
The Crash remakes don't hype me. Nothing Naughty Dog ever made really hyped me at all. I played Crash 3 at a friend a lot, so it can't be due to lack of experience, can it? Insomniac's had the more fun looking games imo
All of them? Well I guess we all have our different tastes and stuff.

If you want to play a Crash game that's a lot different than the others then try Twinsanity. It was my first Crash game and the one that got me in to the series.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well if you saw the trailer you already have a pretty good idea of how the game looks lol.

All of them? Well I guess we all have our different tastes and stuff.

If you want to play a Crash game that's a lot different than the others then try Twinsanity. It was my first Crash game and the one that got me in to the series.
Naughty Dog is Bethesda to me. People only talk about how it's the most pleasurable experience since eating buttered toast while doing the bouncy bouncy yet when I play them, I think "I wish I was doing something productive with my inevitablly short life"
Stupid statements aside, I was actually curious about Mind Over Mutants as a kid, concept was neat

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well I haven't seen the trailer yet. And I will likely avoid it for the time being unless I change my mind.
You must give in to the temptation! :evil:
Naughty Dog is Bethesda to me. People only talk about how it's the most pleasurable experience since eating buttered toast while doing the bouncy bouncy yet when I play them, I think "I wish I was doing something productive with my inevitablly short life"
Stupid statements aside, I was actually curious about Mind Over Mutants as a kid, concept was neat
You liked Mind over Mutant but not the original Crash games? Blasphemy! This act will not go unpunished!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To be completely honest though...

It's really cool seeing the Crash remasters....but we really should've gotten a completely new game, same style of gameplay but an overall new experience...THEN give us the remasters...

If I ever get around to getting a PS4 (like when I win the lottery or something) then I'll happily play them, since it's been years since I've played any Crash games...
I wonder if there's even a slim chance of them coming to the Switch...probably not...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As everyone is aware, leaks happen all the time. Just be prepared, especially for something more than lists.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/213215/we-all-believers-now-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Like this list. Keep in mind it should be taken with a grain of salt. The specific leaker has gotten things right before.

Here's the actual ist given

• Marvel
  • Gwenpool
  • Howard the Duck
  • Groot Kamala Khan
  • Capcom
  • Roll
  • Protoman
  • Hunter (Monster Hunter)
  • Edward Falcon
  • Asura

Status