• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New Pokemon Generations episode is out now. N and Ghetsis hype!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Max investment in speed + Choice Scarf + Surge Surfer + Electro Ball while gimmicky could work.
Don't use Scarf. That's just going too far, and basically becomes a cripple over a benifit.

Versus stall, Electro Ball boosted by Electric Terrain is magnificent but against offensive teams, where Speed is very high, Electro Ball won't be as effective, even with Electric Terrain.

This User made a post with more details that I don't need to point out.

In short; if you're using Electro Ball, its because you want more pressure on Stall, which Thunder can do too, but not as well. I honestly suggest that Thunder be your option anyways, as there's better Pokémon who can pressure Stall. Tapu Koko for example. And if it doesn't get the boot, Xurkitree.

Really liked this episode. Looks like they decided to go with White 2 plot.

So Gen V player character did appear... though it wasn't the one I expected to see.

D

Deleted member

Just watched it, here are my thoughts:
Was a pretty good episode, was great to see N and Ghetsis, and I'm glad that Hilbert and Zekrom showed up rather than what I expected (which was that Kyurem and Reshiram will be seperated by N reaching out to Reshiram) and it was very different from the original events in BW2.
Not one of my favorite episodes, but it was a hell lot better than last week's episode.
Also, Kalos starts next week. Yay, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Review time!

N and Ghetsis time!

Above all else, it showcases the difference between N and Ghetsis, and how the latter views the former as subhuman. N and Ghetsis sounded like how I imagined they would sound, so that's good.

Holy **** that remix of Ghetsis' theme is amazing.

Aww poor Reshiram. N's done for, especially considering if it's anything like Sinnoh onward, the protagonist won't sh-OH MY GOD IT'S HILBERT. :D Best male protagonist is back! :DD

All in all I give it a "Can we have more than three Unova episodes please?"/10

D

Deleted member

It really, really sucks that Generations is probably not gonna get Alola episodes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So in other Pokémon news, Smogon has banned Porygon from the Little Cup due to Z-Conversion abuse dominating every game. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Speaking of SMX, what ever happened to him? Hopefully Oogie didn't kidnap him for his grand Halloween bug feats.
He tried but he learned quickly that nobody kidnaps SMX and walks unscathed.
Bought the game day one and i'm loving it. Took a long time for the game to hit the NA VC given Europe and Japan had it for a long time but i'm glad that it's finally here.

Here's hoping Days of Ruin will follow suit before Nintendo cans the Wii U VC

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Time for a review on that new Pokemon Generations episode

As expected, this was the N and Ghetsis episode, and like I predicted, it covers the scene when N and Ghetsis confront each other in Black2/White2 (or in this case White2 because N owns Reshiram). What I didn't expect is that they would remove Nate/Rosa; I was still expecting to see the scene where Ghetsis would try to murder him/her using Kyurem, but now that he/she is gone, Ghetsis goes straight to using Kyurem to try freezing the region. I felt disappointed by the lack of Nate/Rosa, but I guess that's because I put my expectations too high (that murder-attempt scene was one of the most memorable moments in the series IMO).

I didn't expect Patrick Seitz, a.k.a. the voice of BlazBlue's Ragna the Bloodedge and Tekken's Bob, to voice Ghetsis though. Personally, I don't think Patrick Seitz was a fitting voice for Ghetsis. Don't get me wrong, he's a great voice actor and he conveyed Ghetsis's emotions pretty nicely, but Ghetsis sounded more like a mid 20-early 30 year old here, when in actuality he is supposed to be much older. N's voice was fitting though.

The action sequence with Reshiram battling Kyurem and the latter fusing was pretty cool. I feel like this is the first time we actually see the fusion of Kyurem and a fellow dragon actually taking place rather than engulfing the dragon in a large light so that we can't see what's going on.

It became clear this was one of the more dialogue-heavy episodes in the series, and I think the two characters engaged in a pretty good conversation. I like how N talked how important Unova is to him followed with Ghetsis's response, though my favorite part of the dialogue kicked in around the second half. N has some hesitation addressing Ghetsis as his dad, and when he tried to talk about how Pokemon and humans can reach greater heights together, Ghetsis got triggered and tried to kill him...

But then Zekrom and Hilbert intervened. Wow, I can't believe a player character did show up, but not what I expected. Gotta say, that part was awesome because with the recent trend of no placer characters in PG episodes, it seemed like they would end with a cliffhanger where N is about to be killed similar to how The Team Aqua episode ended right when it seemed Archie and Shellie were about to be devoured by Primal Kyogre. I wish the episode was a bit longer so that we could see some action between Ghetsis and Hilbert.

Overall, I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the last two, but I still think this was an alright episode. I'd rank it somewhere around the middle.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
At times like this I sympathise with China. :p

Anyway, here's more stuff Konami did: http://gamingbolt.com/kojima-was-locked-in-room-separated-from-team-during-mgs5-development-keighley

Kojima was locked in a room separate from his team during the last 6 months of developing MGSV.
...Are you ****ing kidding me?

Well, Konami is really the worst company ever made! If anyone wasn't sure of that that is...
BIAITU ZAAAA DUSTO
This helps my stressful as **** day a lot
Where is the music when you are hyped?
Another One Is Going To Bite The Dust.:4wario2:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So in other Pokémon news, Smogon has banned Porygon from the Little Cup due to Z-Conversion abuse dominating every game. :p
And naturally, a piece of the LC community is throwing storms about it.

Porygon's access to Download, Recover, great Special Attack, BoltBeam coverage, and great bulk are what made it the perfect abuser of Conversion. It was an incredibly sickening Pokémon to face, and I fully support it's ban.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Someone on Smogon made calcs on Electro Ball that reaffirmed why its not worth using over Thunderbolt or Thunder, but I can't seem to find it.

Honestly, if you're using both Pelipper and Tapu Koko, you should ALWAYS run Thunder. Electric Terrain + Rain are part of what makes Alolan Raichu so good. Once Surf is legalized, A-Raichu will be one of the top threats in OU. Guaranteed.
I was going for something more gimmicky. Galvantula was gonna set up Sticky Web and T-Wave, while Araquanid would help with Soak. I was gonna have Bewear thanks to the Rain reducing the power of Fire type moves and allowing it to cover my team against Electric or Ground Pokemon.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
On a side note, I hope they release the soundtrack from Generations at some point.

Some of those remixes are pretty great.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've said it once, I'll say it again:

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD!!!

Totally worth the 3 year wait!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also Lucas is the only Pokemon Protag to not appear in Generations so far lel.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No he isn't.
None of the female protagonists appeared.
Nate is also missing.
True though it's usually the male protags that appear in this series. I'll give Nate a pass since his region is already represented by Hilbert.

Which is pretty funny since Hilbert wasn't even canon supposed to be in that scene where as Lucas was a no show in every Sinnoh episode.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Kyrum's true form a fusion with both the other dragons?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
And I watched the newest Generations and Jojo.

My heart can only take Rohan's death so many times. Rohan's one of those characters who I disliked when I first saw him, and then grew to love him really quickly, becoming my favorite of this arc. Seeing him die twice now is really hurting now. I really hope Hayato can figure out how to kill him within the short time frame before Rohan's death.

That was a really feelsy episode, and I haven't even played Black2/White2. Playing Emotion during N's speech really helped with the feels.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So a quick recap of things that happened since I was gone..

- Donald Trump winning the election.
- Nintendo Switch leaks galore.
- Pokemon Sun and Moon releasing
- Goldberg squashing Brock Lesnar.
- TGA

.....i've been gone for a long time.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So a quick recap of things that happened since I was gone..

- Donald Trump winning the election.
- Nintendo Switch leaks galore.
- Pokemon Sun and Moon releasing
- Goldberg squashing Brock Lesnar.
- TGA

.....i've been gone for a long time.
Also MvC4 rumors

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are the reset berries only on Ula Ula island? I was watching a guide on it

I only have 3 of the reset berries

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also MvC4 rumors
Yeah, that as well. Not to mention the whole Smash Switch leak that got everyone talking for a while.

As for MvC4 i'm really hoping that Megaman Volnutt gets in the game somehow. Tron has been in almost every crossover game so i'm hoping that it's Volnutt that represents the Legends series in that game.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Hilbert lives! Poor Nate/Rosa...

For the most part, this episode mostly inverts what happens in White 2, as instead of the protagonist being in peril with N saving the day, N's comes in first and gets in peril for the protagonist to save the day. It's another rewrite, but there are more positives to this one compared to some of the others. For one, it allows N and Ghetsis to have a more personal moment since the protagonist is not there, and in that moment, it does seem to imply a bit of humanity in Ghetsis as he recoils from N calling him father. It's small and mitigated by the attack a few seconds later (with N kind of filling in for Nate/Rosa here as he's the one nearly killed), but it's there. We also get to see W-Kyurem struggle as if it was having an internal conflict, which was something we couldn't see in the game and does fit with what N was saying. Finally, the fade out to the full Unova region when N is recounting his good experiences and development with it was a nice touch, and while I think I would've preferred small flashbacks, it still works in the context of the episode. With that said, the dialogue from the games was a bit wooden here, and I think they could've been changed for a bit more flow.

As for the ending, it sucks that Nate/Rosa seem to be getting screwed over here, but it was nice to have the protagonist and his dragon come in and save the day for N for a few reasons. The first is that considering Team Plasma is threatening to freeze over his homeland, it should cause him to come running back for the same reasons N would, and similarly their Reshiram/Zekrom should sense Kyurem's suffering just as much as N's could and would want to help out. Plus, since we skipped the main BW conflict, we end up getting something like that with W-Kyurem facing down Zekrom, so the main theme of the games ends up being represented at a key moment in the story. Finally, it means a lot to N as a character considering Hilbert (and Hilda) were such key factors in his character development, so them being present when he needs help the most means a lot to this short since they're characters that are so important to him, and only in terms of this episode, it does mean more for the character here for the BW protagonists to be present then the B2W2 ones to be. Also, since I'm a bit bias, I'm always happy to see Zekrom in action, so that was a personal plus for me.

So all in all, it's kind of like the Giratina episode for me. It removes the original protagonist (well, the one that was there) and places more emphasis on the other characters that were there plus one or two, but the changes do help out the scene here and still make it memorable. So I think as a rewrite, it's definitely a good one for me and I did enjoy what we got out of this episode.

So here's a question/scenario thing.

Pokémon are real and you become a trainer. However, there is a catch: you can only have three or four total. In addition, you may only have one per generation, and can only choose either even or odd number generations.

In other words, your two options are A (one Kanto, one Hoenn, one Unova, and one Alola Pokémon) or B (one Johto, one Sinnoh, and one Kalos Pokémon). If a family is cross-generational, the region of the final evolution is the one you use (for example, getting a Munchlax in option A is fine since it evolves into Snorlax, but Chingling can't be used in option B). As well, legendary and mythical Pokémon aren't allowed because lore.

What team would you use under these conditions? Which option would you pick?
Strawpoll
What did you vote for, and what team would you use?
Option 1
Kanto - Blastoise
Hoenn - Manectric
Unova - Hydreigon
Alola - Lycanroc

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well now that I beat Moon I can write about my experience with it.

Well I had this huge post written up but then I realized that people were likely not gonna read something that long so I'll just say this: I really liked it and it's moved up to my favorite Pokemon game, a space previously occupied by BW2.

Now for post game goodness.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Pokémon are real and you become a trainer. However, there is a catch: you can only have three or four total. In addition, you may only have one per generation, and can only choose either even or odd number generations.

In other words, your two options are A (one Kanto, one Hoenn, one Unova, and one Alola Pokémon) or B (one Johto, one Sinnoh, and one Kalos Pokémon). If a family is cross-generational, the region of the final evolution is the one you use (for example, getting a Munchlax in option A is fine since it evolves into Snorlax, but Chingling can't be used in option B). As well, legendary and mythical Pokémon aren't allowed because lore.

Strawpoll
Blastoise
Exploud
Reuniclus
Golisopod

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Strawpoll
Option 1

Blastoise
Swallow
Scrafty
Mimikyu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom