• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh yeah, we were talking about the Sun and Moon anime Yesterday, and I forgot to post one of my favorite parts so far. And that's this:

Bewear is probably my favorite part of the anime so far.
Watch the end of episode 5 with Bewear...its pretty hilarious...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I finally got a duosion today.

I missed the day it was available.
P

D

Deleted member

Yet another graphic design post from yours truly.

I'm sure you've noticed that My Nintendo uses a custom, in-house font to display numbers for Platinum and Gold Points, as well as for discount images. Well, I got them from the website. I simply used Chrome's developer tools to download it and then converted it from the .woff2 format to .ttf. The font used for the text below is Avenir, which is one of the typefaces Nintendo typically uses. I also edited Mario's right eye to look at the text directly, which was a bit hard to do, but then again, I haven't really been into photo artwork manipulation.

The font only displays the numbers, so using it as a traditional typeface doesn't make much sense. Any other character will end up being blank.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm currently waiting for Poké Pelago to finish up EV training my Cutiefly, so while that's doing its work, I'm gonna share my starters from my fan game. Since I got Pokémon Sun, I haven't talked too much about it.

Might as well tag praline praline , who may or may not be interested. *shrugs*
So, I won't get into too many details, other then the basic stuff and a few fun facts. So firstly, I made these Pokémon a few months ago and only recently found them.

The idea of these three is to create a final evolution based on a classic RPG Class, like Greninja being a Ninja and Decidueye being an Archer, for example, which was what inspired me to do so. So let's begin.

001: Kittiby, the Soft Kitten Pokémon
Pokédex: Kittiby never leave the comfort of their mother until they evolve. They are incredibly fragile in this state and can easily be prey to any Pokémon.
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
Hidden Ability: Leaf Guard
-
002: Catagger, the Rouge Cat Pokémon
Pokédex: Once evolved, Catagger becomes less obediant and selfish. They leave their mothers and begin hunting down Pokémon bigger then themselves to prove their newfound power. Catdagger are very rare to see because of this recklessness.
Type: Grass/Steel
-
003: Felitana, the Cat Swordmaster Pokémon
Pokédex: With evolved maturity, Catagger evolves into the more experienced Felitana, which uses its newfound strength, speed, and knowledge to take down any for it comes across. The two katanas it unsheathes from its knuckles are so sharp, they can cut diamond like paper!
Hidden Ability: Samurai Spirit: The Pokémon's cutting attacks deal 30% more damage
Signature Attack: Bushido Slash
Type: Steel
Attack: Physical
Base Power: 75
Accuracy: 100
PP: 5
Effect: 2+ priority
--
So this Pokémon is based off of the Samurai. It starts off as a fragile Pokémon, but becomes a seriously powerful Pokémon that utilizes moves like Bushido Slash, Swords Dance and Leaf Blade. Its ability powers up moves like Slash, Leaf Blade, Bushido Slash, and Shadow Claw. It also has access to a new move I made as a TM called Granite Cut, which is basically a Rock-Type Psycho Cut. I made the TM with Felitana's 4x Fire weakness in mind.
--
004: Magipup, the Spell Puppy Pokémon
Pokédex: These wounderous Pokémon are the top of scientific studies. Their abilities ignore all forms of universal rules makes them unpredictable. They are considered "a magician's best friend", and as such are mostly seen at magic shows.
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze
Hidden Ability: Magician
--
005: Magihound, the Magic Shepard Pokémon
Pokédex: Magihounds baffle scientists across the world with their incredible senses, but are a great asset to police for their abilities to find criminals with ease. Simply giving them a picture of the target, the Pokémon will immediately identify their location. However, they are incredibly difficult to train because they'd rather perform then hunt.
Type: Fire/Fairy
--
006: Wizakanine, the Dog Warlock Pokémon
Pokédex: Upon evolving, Wizakanine gain a sudden shift in attitude. Perhaps taking in their newfound powers, they now crave one thing: domination. Wizakanine are said to of taken over towns and even cities, utilizing their incredible magic to take control of the population while staying in the shadows. Trainers who have not gained Wizakanine's approval will become its puppet.
Hidden Ability: Magical Cloak: The Pokémon cannot be damaged except by direct attacks.
Signature Attack: Phase Blast
Type: Fairy
Base Power: 80
Attack: Special
PP: 10
Effect: If this move hits Protect or Detect, this move breaks through and doubles (160) in power.
--
This is a powerful Special Attacker. STAB Fire and Fairy is not to be scoffed at, as it covers the majority of the game. It can also learn moves like Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and Nasty Plot, giving it one of the best coverage options. Its stats are being balanced to ensure it doesn't become broken. The Pokémon Wizakanine was made by me and a friend of mine. After deciding on a magical theme because of the Fairy-Typing, I began creating a dog that would be seen in the hands of magicians and actors. However, my friend gave me the twist idea of the power it gains in its final evolution to sort of corrupt it. It was a cool twist on its typing, so I implemented it in its Pokédex. The name was also made by him.
--
007: Salapop, the Punch Newt Pokémon
Pokédex: When first born, these Pokémon crave a fight. Salapop constantly quarrel with its siblings until only one stands. Despite its small stature, these Pokémon can deliver punches that can drop even the toughest of fighters. Salapop constantly seek guidance from stronger Pokémon to become stronger themselves.
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Ability: Water Absorb
--
008: Salafist, the Fight Salamander Pokémon
Pokédex: Salafist are naturals at fighting. When engaging a target of its size, it uses parrying techniques to knock enemies off balance and deliver power punches and kicks. They finish off battles with a roundhouse kick-to-tail slam that always finishes the job. They refuse to fight weaker Pokémon, and try to avoid fights it knows its not ready for.
Type: Water/Fighting
--
009: Salaelder, the Kung-Fu Salamander Pokémon
Pokédex: Years of training and experience have made Salaelder the greatest martial artists of all time. However, once Salaelder reaches 100 years old, they seek to teach aspiring young Pokémon their techniques to assist their future hurdles. Before it dies, it dives deep into the ocean, never to be seen again.
Hidden Ability: Fighting Focus: The Pokémon's moves always hit (Not like No Guard. Only affects the user).
Signature Attack: Tsunami Slam
Type: Fighting
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 50
Effect: If it hits, this move always knocks the enemy's item off.
--
With the lack of Water/Fighting Pokémon, I really wanted to make one as a starter Pokémon. Its the slowest of the two, but has the best bulk of the three. Sporting the powerful ability in Fighting Focus and Tsunami Slam gives Salaelder a seriously powerful alternative to Knock Off. It also gets the new physical Hydro Pump move I've made called Aqua Vortex, giving it two very powerful attacks with 100% hit rate. It also gets Drain Punch, Aqua Ring and Bulk Up for bulky setups.
What is everyones favourite Ultra Beast?
Mine's Kartana. Very powerful and very cute.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else getting preferred natures through poke pelago?

I get better natures through poke pelago than I get capturing random pokemon

Modest Kadabra and Modest Lapras

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Watched the rest of the BotW footage and I definitely still need this game. I just love the way the physics look in BotW so much and it looks like it's going to be a treat to play.

Also someone out there made a GIF of the part of the trailer that caught my eye the most aside from he obvious plot stuff.

I like the way he does a little doggie prancy walk. :3

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently I can dye my hair in Sun now white. I didn't have that option before.

It doesn't look much different than Platinum Blonde, but I guess it matches my theme more

Chrono.

Watched the rest of the BotW footage and I definitely still need this game. I just love the way the physics look in BotW so much and it looks like it's going to be a treat to play.

Also someone out there made a GIF of the part of the trailer that caught my eye the most aside from he obvious plot stuff.

I like the way he does a little doggie prancy walk. :3
Ragdoll Link is gonna be fun and hilarious.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm currently waiting for Poké Pelago to finish up EV training my Cutiefly, so while that's doing its work, I'm gonna share my starters from my fan game. Since I got Pokémon Sun, I haven't talked too much about it.

Might as well tag praline praline , who may or may not be interested. *shrugs*
So, I won't get into too many details, other then the basic stuff and a few fun facts. So firstly, I made these Pokémon a few months ago and only recently found them.

The idea of these three is to create a final evolution based on a classic RPG Class, like Greninja being a Ninja and Decidueye being an Archer, for example, which was what inspired me to do so. So let's begin.

001: Kittiby, the Soft Kitten Pokémon
Pokédex: Kittiby never leave the comfort of their mother until they evolve. They are incredibly fragile in this state and can easily be prey to any Pokémon.
Type: Grass
-
002: Catagger, the Rouge Cat Pokémon
Pokédex: Once evolved, Catagger becomes less obediant and selfish. They leave their mothers and begin hunting down Pokémon bigger then themselves to prove their newfound power. Catdagger are very rare to see because of this recklessness.
-
003: Felitana, the Cat Swordmaster Pokémon
Pokédex: With evolved maturity, Catagger evolves into the more experienced Felitana, which uses its newfound strength, speed, and knowledge to take down any for it comes across. The two katanas it unsheathes from its knuckles are so sharp, they can cut diamond like paper!
Hidden Ability: Samurai Spirit: The Pokémon's cutting attacks deal 30% more damage
Signature Attack: Bushido Slash
Type: Steel
Attack: Physical
Base Power: 75
PP: 5
Effect: 2+ priority
--
So this Pokémon is based off of the Samurai. It starts off as a fragile Pokémon, but becomes a seriously powerful Pokémon that utilizes moves like Bushido Slash, Swords Dance and Leaf Blade. Its ability powers up moves like Slash, Leaf Blade, Bushido Slash, and Shadow Claw. It also has access to a new move I made as a TM called Granite Cut, which is basically a Rock-Type Psycho Cut. I made the TM with Felitana's 4x Fire weakness in mind.
--
004: Magipup, the Spell Puppy Pokémon
Pokédex: These wounderous Pokémon are the top of scientific studies. Their abilities ignore all forms of universal rules makes them unpredictable. They are considered "a magician's best friend", and as such are mostly seen at magic shows.
Type: Fire
--
005: Magihound, the Magic Shepard Pokémon
Pokédex: Magihounds baffle scientists across the world with their incredible senses, but are a great asset to police for their abilities to find criminals with ease. Simply giving them a picture of the target, the Pokémon will immediately identify their location. However, they are incredibly difficult to train because they'd rather perform then hunt.
--
006: Wizakanine, the Dog Warlock Pokémon
Pokédex: Upon evolving, Wizakanine gain a sudden shift in attitude. Perhaps taking in their newfound powers, they now crave one thing: domination. Wizakanine are said to of taken over towns and even cities, utilizing their incredible magic to take control of the population while staying in the shadows. Trainers who have not gained Wizakanine's approval will become its puppet.
Hidden Ability: Magical Cloak: The Pokémon cannot be damaged except by direct attacks.
Signature Attack: Phase Blast
Type: Fairy
Base Power: 80
Attack: Special
PP: 10
Effect: If this move hits Protect or Detect, this move breaks through and doubles (160) in power.
--
This is a powerful Special Attacker. STAB Fire and Fairy is not to be scoffed at, as it covers the majority of the game. It can also learn moves like Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere and Nasty Plot, giving it one of the best coverage options. Its stats are being balanced to ensure it doesn't become broken. The Pokémon Wizakanine was made by me and a friend of mine. After deciding on a magical theme because of the Fairy-Typing, I began creating a dog that would be seen in the hands of magicians and actors. However, my friend gave me the twist idea of the power it gains in its final evolution to sort of corrupt it. It was a cool twist on its typing, so I implemented it in its Pokédex. The name was also made by him.
--
007: Salapop, the Punch Newt Pokémon
Pokédex: When first born, these Pokémon crave a fight. Salapop constantly quarrel with its siblings until only one stands. Despite its small stature, these Pokémon can deliver punches that can drop even the toughest of fighters. Salapop constantly seek guidance from stronger Pokémon to become stronger themselves.
Type: Water
--
008: Salafist, the Fight Salamander Pokémon
Pokédex: Salafist are naturals at fighting. When engaging a target of its size, it uses parrying techniques to knock enemies off balance and deliver power punches and kicks. They finish off battles with a roundhouse kick-to-tail slam that always finishes the job. They refuse to fight weaker Pokémon, and try to avoid fights it knows its not ready for.
--
009: Salaelder, the Kung-Fu Salamander Pokémon
Pokédex: Years of training and experience have made Salaelder the greatest martial artists of all time. However, once Salaelder reaches 100 years old, they seek to teach aspiring young Pokémon their techniques to assist their future hurdles. Before it dies, it dives deep into the ocean, never to be seen again.
Hidden Ability: Fighting Focus: The Pokémon's moves always hit (Not like No Guard. Only affects the user).
Signature Attack: Tsunami Slam
Type: Fighting
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 50
Effect: If it hits, this move always knocks the enemy's item off.
--
With the lack of Water/Fighting Pokémon, I really wanted to make one as a starter Pokémon. Its the slowest of the two, but has the best bulk of the three. Sporting the powerful ability in Fighting Focus and Tsunami Slam gives Salaelder a seriously powerful alternative to Knock Off. It also gets the new physical Hydro Pump move I've made called Aqua Vortex, giving it two very powerful attacks with 100% hit rate. It also gets Drain Punch, Aqua Ring and Bulk Up for bulky setups.

Mine's Kartana. Very powerful and very cute.
I like them all!

D

Deleted member

Seeing Gaster's post, I think I'm going to share some of my Pokemon concepts later

While speaking of which, I really like the Grass Starter, I even have an idea for a Samurai Pokemon too
Though I worry about Salaelder as Fighting Focus has no drawbacks and gives it a 120 BP move, though I guess its stats would be balanced accordingly

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Seeing Gaster's post, I think I'm going to share some of my Pokemon concepts later.
Please do. I'd like to seem them.
Though I worry about Salaelder as Fighting Focus has no drawbacks and gives it a 120 BP move, though I guess its stats would be balanced accordingly
Right. The base stats of the starters are balanced to ensure they have a place in OU rather then Ubers.

Salaelder's base stats are going to be balanced around its ability because its a better No Guard and has to be treated carefully. Considering only it gets this ability, I think I have that leverage. Much like Araquanid's nonesense ability.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Seeing Gaster's post, I think I'm going to share some of my Pokemon concepts later

While speaking of which, I really like the Grass Starter, I even have an idea for a Samurai Pokemon too
His post.. but not my constant posts? I see how it is. :062:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom