• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Might as well toss in 3 (ok 5) Pokemon of my own design, all using UTCs.
The main idea being that they'd share a habitat: a broken down and/or abandoned hospital or research facility.

Corrat
Electric/Poison, the Pikaclone of its region.
A malicious Pokemon that can spread viruses through electronic signals it releases. It often uses its cute appearance to find ways into homes to infest.
Ability: Corruption - Poison attacks are super effective against electric types.

Madic -> Maladoc
Psychic/Poison, a childlike pokemon in an oversized labcoat which involves into small doctor-like pokemon with the giant swirl glasses.
Madics dedicate themselves on trying new combinations of chemicals for home-made medicine. It doesn't know what its making most of the time, causing many problems.
A Pokemon with unmatched knowledge, and natural production, of toxins and antidotes alike. It's said that in the hands of a strong trainer it can focus to cure any illness.
Abilities: Toxic Heal/Healer

Viallain -> Beakserker
Poison/Steel, objectmon line. Scientific vial which floats like a missile into a bubbling & fuming beaker akin rocket in takeoff.
Viallain act like drones in a colony. Their primary objective is to provide food for the boss of its clusters and rarely function without a leader giving it precise commands.
Beakserker constantly burns its own substances to keep itself afloat. If it doesn't reliably refuel itself, it'll be left unable to move on its own.
Ability: Levitate

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Daily Marvel 4 rumour update:

A Neogaf user, Ryce (who was verified by Neogaf mods later) posted this:

Ryce said:
I know about a pretty obscure character on the Capcom side coming back -- someone who would seem really out of place in a "smaller roster." I'm not saying we're getting 50+ characters, but I'd be shocked to see this specific character in a roster of 24.
So, an obscure Capcom character is coming back, obscure enough to make him think that they would seem out of place in a roster of 24. He also specified the character being an MvC3 'veteran', not necessarily any other entry in the series.

Also, from another Neogaf user:

Brian_FETO said:
He could've been joking/talking **** so like everything else take it with a grain of salt but hey, there's a lot of that in this thread

FChamp just walked out in front of the Capcom Cup day 1 venue telling dudes that Marvel 3 gets one more year at Evo, it's coming to PS4 and then 4 is coming in November

Nothing really outside of everyone's expectations but I'm reporting live from the scene you guys, insider facts
Lots of interesting stuff happening... can't wait to see if this game is actually going to get revealed or not :p

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People are posting pokemon concepts...I actually several ideas myself...though I can't give too many details right now since I'm at work...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Corrat
Electric/Poison, the Pikaclone of its region.
A malicious Pokemon that can spread viruses through electronic signals it releases. It often uses its cute appearance to find ways into homes to infest.
Ability: Corruption - Poison attacks are super effective against electric types.
I like this one the most. Here's the Pikaclone I made.

Bralibuli, the Bully Rat Pokemon
Type: Electric/Fighting
Ability: Intimidate
Hidden Ability: Moxie
--
Signature Attack: Jolt Jerk
Type: Electric
Base Power: 60
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
Effect: Deals double damage if the opposite Pokémon's Attack is lower then the user's.
--
Pokédex: Bralibuli are very mean Pokémon that enjoy picking on weaker Pokémon for its own amusement. However, in the presence of stronger Pokémon, it will play innocent and weak in an attempt to avoid conflict. Despite this fakery, Bralibuli are actually pretty strong and are capable of take on Pokémon twice its own size.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

--
Effect: Deals double damage if the opposite Pokémon's Attack is lower then the user's.
--
Pokédex: Bralibuli are very mean Pokémon that enjoy picking on weaker Pokémon for its own amusement. However, in the presence of stronger Pokémon, it will play innocent and weak in an attempt to avoid conflict. Despite this fakery, Bralibuli are actually pretty strong and are capable of take on Pokémon twice its own size.
Pikaclones have been too innocent for too long!

ALL HAIL THE NEW RAIN

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Huh, it's odd they didn't fix it. Seems like something that would be a priority to patch.
Yeah, and they actually made it more broken and weird to work with in some ways.

I don't want to use it too heavily, but I want to pick up extra Red Bricks using it. I might also restore the jukebox in a bunch of worlds for a bigger music selection.

Chrono.

Apparently I can dye my hair in Sun now white. I didn't have that option before.

It doesn't look much different than Platinum Blonde, but I guess it matches my theme more
There's also unlockable RED hair of all things.

You also unlock the Burgundy and Violet eye colors.

Unfortunately there's no more lipstick colors past the default ones I really wanted dark purple.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, an obscure Capcom character is coming back, obscure enough to make him think that they would seem out of place in a roster of 24. He also specified the character being an MvC3 'veteran', not necessarily any other entry in the series.
Obscure Capcom character, MvC3 veteran. Hmm...
  • Amaterasu
  • Viewtiful Joe, though he did appear in the initial Wii release of TvC, which had a roster of 22. But that was a long time ago, back when Joe was more relevant than he is now.
  • Tron Bonne, a lesser-known Mega Man character who has never appeared in a fighting game with a roster below 36.
There might be other possibilities that I'm not thinking of as well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

--
--
My Pikaclone is also Electric/Fighting. Gearbil, the Robo Mouse pokemon.

It also has a signature move. Whisker Beam. It ignores special defense buffs it's like 40 base power.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Decided to be a punk and teach my A-Persian Swagger with Foul Play.

I'll burn in Hell for this.
My Pikaclone is also Electric/Fighting. Gearbil, the Robo Mouse pokemon.

It also has a signature move. Whisker Beam. It ignores special defense buffs it's like 40 base power.
>GEARbil
>Robo

Why is this part Fighting-Type?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll post this one separately because it took way longer than I expected to write this out
I'll post others later if anyone is interested
Knield - Knight Pokemon
Electric/Steel
Basic escription: A yellow jaguar covered with a metallic armor and a helmet on its head. It carries a shield in one of its forelegs.

Pokedex: It's extrenely loyal to its trainer and will use its shield to protect them from any harm. Should that strategy fail, it'll instead try to protect them with its own body.
Due to the fact it's constantly discharging electricity around its armor, it essentially becomes a giant magnet pulling in other Steel types.

Abilities: Magnet Pull-prevents Steel types from switching out.
Static-chance to paralyze on contact
(Hidden Ability)Clear Body-prevents other Pokemon from lowering its stats

Signature Moves: Shield Bash
Steel Physical
70 BP--100% accuracy
10 PP
The user bashes the opponent with its shield, forcing contact with the target and triggering any contact abilities or items.

Electric Shield
Electric Status
10 PP
The user protects itself with its shield, paralyzing anyone that makes contact with it.

Other key moves: King's Shield, Wide Guard, Quick Guard

Stat distribution: 80/70/120/65/80/55

The mechanical idea was to make a Pokemon that can and will paralyze you: Shield Bash is to force contact on special attackers and EdgeQuake users and Electric Shield is the new trend of "Protect with an added contact effect" in case of using Magnet Pull. King's Shield is there because lore.
The idea for the Pokemon itself was because I like shields and jaguars so I put one and one together and I got this

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
  • Amaterasu
  • Viewtiful Joe, though he did appear in the initial Wii release of TvC, which had a roster of 22. But that was a long time ago, back when Joe was more relevant than he is now.
  • Tron Bonne, a lesser-known Mega Man character who has never appeared in a fighting game with a roster below 36.
Add Mike Haggar to that list and we're mostly on the same page.

Honestly, I wish the game was revealed already :ohwell:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Pokemon concepts?

I do that once in a long while, but I usually don't get technical since I more just like to mess with designs.

Which I'm terrible at since I'm horribly uncreative and not that great at art, but eh.

I tend to make self-imposed limits by searching for animals and creatures that haven't been used yet whenever I try and I'm hardly ever in the mood to do one thing in particular, so that might make brainstorming a bit more difficult.

I will say that I think people should try using Pacific Barreleye/Spookfish more often, there's a nice Water/Ghost type hiding in there. Something like that would probably look incredible in a 3D Pokemon game with how Sun and Moon have been handling it, TBH.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Whatever the case is I just want Megaman Legends to be represented with a playable character in MVC4 whether it be Tron or Megaman Volnutt.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
  • Amaterasu
Would Phoenix Wright count? He's incredibly popular in our circle, but he's not on the same level as a lot of characters and I don't think anyone would expect him on a 24 character roster.

Or was he just in UMvC3 and that version doesn't count?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WHAT
THE
HELL
KIAWE?!
3. 3 TIMES BITE FLINCHED ME IN A ROW
My sandslash completely wrecked Kahili

Her Skarmory didn't even deal 1 HP of damage to him because 2 of his attacks flinched it multiple times

She even tried to Full Restore it and couldn't touch me

First time I ever used a Sandslash in the Elite 4 and he wrecked one of them

Burruni

Smash Hero
My sandslash completely wrecked Kahili

Her Skarmory didn't even deal 1 HP of damage to him because 2 of his attacks flinched it multiple times

She even tried to Full Restore it and couldn't touch me

First time I ever used a Sandslash in the Elite 4 and he wrecked one of them
Kiawe, fire trial captain.
Not Kahili.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It was a challenge to make a pokemon based off a computer mouse.

It'd probably suck honestly.
So something like this then?

Probably not? No? OK. . .

. . .Yes I did that just now.

Im loving Persona 4 and all. . .but **** this game's game over system

Having an enemy I havent seen before kill the main character in one shot and giving me a game over and deleting all the day's progress, (including a miniboss) even though i have plenty of revive items and skills is bull ****.
:061:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Having an enemy I havent seen before kill the main character in one shot and giving me a game over and deleting all the day's progress, (including a miniboss) even though i have plenty of revive items and skills is bull ****.
Welcome to Persona.
Where you are all that matters.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Kinda yes and kinda no.
Looking on it immediately after the fact I realized it wasn't Pikaclone-y enough and that you almost certainly meant for antennae whiskers ala Dedenne. And you probably just had a different way of handling the fists in mind in general.

Ah well.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Looking on it immediately after the fact I realized it wasn't Pikaclone-y enough and that you almost certainly meant for antennae whiskers ala Dedenne. And you probably just had a different way of handling the fists in mind in general.

Ah well.
Well it still was a good attempt.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Also, from another Neogaf user:

Lots of interesting stuff happening... can't wait to see if this game is actually going to get revealed or not :p
Firebrand perhaps? Out of all the characters on the Capcom side of MvC3, he's probably the most obscure.

D

Deleted member

Would Phoenix Wright count? He's incredibly popular in our circle, but he's not on the same level as a lot of characters and I don't think anyone would expect him on a 24 character roster.
I suppose so, especially considering that MvC4 might be a PS4 exclusive and I doubt that Phoenix is particularly well known amongst that crowd, having primarily appeared on Nintendo's handhelds. Heck, to my knowledge, he was the only Capcom character in UMvC3 that hadn't made any prior appearances on any PlayStation or Xbox consoles (barring She-Hulk's ending in vanilla MvC3).

Then again, TvC with its roster of 18-26 was an arcade/Wii exclusive that had several characters that, at most, had only made minor cameos on Nintendo platforms prior (Alex, Batsu, Soki, Saki, PTX-40A).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Also dont use a capsule machine. That takes a whole day too....for some reason
Welcome to Persona.
Where you are all that matters.
Its that trademarked SMT Bull****

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Two more and I'm done for now. This is my box legendary and its Legendary rival. There's only one box legendary, as there is only one game concept. It has a few key traits that'll be confusing but its story related.
Harmony, the Mother Angel Pokémon
Pokédex: Hailed as the creator of the Skybell region, Harmony is a symbol of all that is good. It is said Harmony came to our world from the heavens to save us from the evil Pokémon Anarchy. In a three day battle, Harmony is said to of tricked Anarchy into locking itself away in The Void. Harmony died as a result. It is said however that it will return if the world is threatened once more.
Type: Fairy
Ability: Heavenly Embrace: The guidance of Harmony raises your team's Defense and Sp. Defense, so long as it's not KO'd.
--
Signature Ability: Holy Outburst
Type: Fairy
Base Power: 250
PP: 1
Effect: Deals insane damage. Can only be used once. Transforms Harmony into Fallen Angel Form- which is purely cosmetic.
--
Anarchy, the Evil Shadow Pokémon
Pokédex: Anarchy is a name of fear in the Skybell region. Known for its violence, the people of Skybell tell of the day it would return to destroy the world. After being deceived by its enemy, Harmony, into locking itself into The Void, it is said to be recollecting its power for a rematch. Many believe that if Anarchy wins, then the world will perish. A group known as Team Void is said to worship it.
Type: Ghost
Ability: Darkness Enhance: The shadow of Anarchy intimidates the enemy team, lowering their Attack and Sp.Attack so long as Anarchy is not KO'd.
--
Signature Attack: Final Onslaught
Base Power: 250
PP: 1
Effect: Deals insane damage. Can only be used once.
--
Final Hazard, the Armageddon Pokémon
Pokédex: The true form of Anarchy. It is said that if Anarchy ever transformed into this terrible form, then the doom of the world is certain. Its power is unrivaled and is said to be able to swallow whole worlds in this form. There has never been a recorded incident of this Pokémon ever taking this form.

(Final Hazard is purely story based and cannot actually be used in combat)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I knew I gave Araquanid Poison jab for a reason

The final trainer in the story, his last 2 pokemon were Ninetales and Primarina

D

Deleted member

Another Pokemon concept
Felindot-Feline Pokemon
Electric

Description: a small feline Pokemon with black dots all over its body. Pre evolution of Knield and Cheescot.
Pokedex: Since it's still small and weak, it relies on Knields to survive. If it's born in a pack of Cheescots, it'll learn to hunt from a very young age.
Its electric powers come from its black dotted patterns, these become more stronger once it evolves.

Abilities: Minus/Plus/Lighting Rod(HA)

Stat distribution: 50/60/70/60/65/80

Cheescot-Scarf Pokemon
Electric/Dark
Description: a cheetah Pokemon with what looks to be a scarf around its neck. Its black lines near its eyes look like thunderbolts.

Pokedex: The black scarf around its neck is actually an extendable claw that it uses to attack and wrap its opponents, Cheescots can control it freely and favor attacking with it, due to this, their claws and jaws aren't as strong and durable.
It can achieve high speeds tremendously fast but will exhaust itself almost as quickly due to them not having too much stamina.

Abilities: Motor Drive
Quick Start-any Same-Type Moves will be guaranteed to strike first during the first turn of battle. +2 Priority.

Signature move: Scarf Entangle
Dark Physical
80 BP--100% accuracy
10 PP
The user attacks with its extendable claw at the opponent. Then, it wraps it around the opponent, preventing them from escaping for 3 to 5 turns. The opponent is damaged a little at the end of every turn.

Other key moves: Zing Zap, Sucker Punch, Fake Out, U-Turn

Stat distribution: 65/90/60/90/55/125

Basic Glass Cannon, Scarf Entangle is a strong Wrap basically, Quick Start makes it a good Revenge Killer and can beat Fake Out users with other priority moves. I always wanted a cheetah Pokemon, I also like scarves so I combined two things I like again.
Put it in the same evo line as Knield since Jaguars and Cheetahs are related irl evolution wise and also look similar, for the Pokemon, it was a simple Tank vs. Sweeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom