• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Doing some research on a good moveset for Araquanid when I saw its Pokédex info.

Aww. That's so swee--

Oh. :4gaw:
Got to like how both it's entries give it the wrong impression. That being said, I assume some Pokemon could survive the bubble, like any Water Pokemon and other water breathers. Those or Araquanid has some control over the water in it's bubble and can empty out the water to prevent some Pokemon from drowning.
Or 3rd option, drowning doesn't always mean death.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well you could get the Legacy Collection on a bunch of different systems to choose from if you are interested in Mega Man. Mega Man 2 and 3 are considered the best. Most people also like MM4,5 and 6(less so than 2 and 3 though), but some are a bit iffy on them. I like Mega Man 7 quite a bit. MM8 looks fantastic, is pretty good(aside from the voice acting), but aside from some speedrun tech with the Mega Ball, is weaker than the others.

MM9 and MM10 are also seen as some of the best along with MM2 and MM3

Mega Man 1 suffers from what I like to call "First Game Jank". But buried underneath is still a good game. Play the VASTLY Superior PSP remake, Mega Man Powered Up, if you somehow get the chance to. Sonic, Metroid and even Shantae also suffer from FGJ as well.

Street Fighter 1 is just straight up garbage. How it's follow up became one of the most influential games ever made is beyond me.
I've been thinking about getting Legacy Collection for a while, but my backlog is already full enough.

It will probably be the thing I get as soon as I'm done with my backlog.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
She's apparently a Faller too which would explain her existence at all since she's completely absent in ORAS

ORAS definitely doesn't help with the timeline either by being implied to not happen at the same time as the originals RSE
Considering official information and Grimsley's "two tears later" note on his SM concept art, I imagine the timelime would be something like this:

Non-Mega timeline
FRLG/RSE----3 years later----> HGSS/DPPt----unknown time passage----> BW----2 years later----> B2W2 /end of known timeline

Mega timeline(Starts at the same time as B2W2)
XY/ORAS----2 years later(assuming B2W2 still takes place at the same time in this timeline)----> SM

That'd mean there's a 3 year gap between Johto and Unova assuming Kanto takes place at the same time in the Mega timeline and that both Red and Blue aged 10 years in SM
Based on what is shown to us in ORAS, it has to take place before BW and XY. The Royal Unova isn't finished and as stated in-game, won't be for an unstated amount of years, so ORAS can't take place at the same time since the ship was completed by the time the events of BW takes place. Same with XY as we see the creation of Mr. Bonding, a character that you can encounter at multiple locations across those games.

Due to that, the timeline in the Megaverse at the very least goes:
-FRLG (Mega) since Red and Blue have clearly aged and allude to the events of their games
-ORAS
-BW (someone in XY mentions the events of Team Plasma)
-XY
-SM

HGSS and DPPt (Mega) can either take place before or after ORAS, but considering they took the time to show us that both BW and XY succeed it even in the new timeline, ORAS is probably somewhere around its original position in the original timeline and both of those games succeed them. B2W2 probably takes place around the same time as XY as the events aren't alluded to in XY, but Colress' appearance in SM implies that he's already thrown away his more questionable methods, so at the very least it predates those games. Due to that, I'm tempted to say it's still around the same place as it once was, particularly since Grimsley's art mentions that it's been two years.

As for Anabel, since we don't see her past Emerald, she could've disappeared between that time and B2W2, which means she's free to have traveled through the Ultra Wormhole anywhere within that time. It's also possible she passed through space and time, so she arrived at an earlier date then when she left the original universe. It's hard to say though since we don't get the full details of extradimensional travel with the Ultra Wormholes, so the rules of it are still being pieced together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That be neat, but I find it unlikely. Looks like the Eevee eggs they have had before. They are all brown.

I really wonder though if we'll see any Sun and Moon story elements outside of Skull because we don't have Nebby.
That's disappointing, but oh well. This is my first time watching the anime in a while (About 10 years, and even then, I watched it really briefly) so I didn't know that.

D

Deleted member

Based on what is shown to us in ORAS, it has to take place before BW and XY. The Royal Unova isn't finished and as stated in-game, won't be for an unstated amount of years, so ORAS can't take place at the same time since the ship was completed by the time the events of BW takes place. Same with XY as we see the creation of Mr. Bonding, a character that you can encounter at multiple locations across those games.

Due to that, the timeline in the Megaverse at the very least goes:
-FRLG (Mega) since Red and Blue have clearly aged and allude to the events of their games
-ORAS
-BW (someone in XY mentions the events of Team Plasma)
-XY
-SM

HGSS and DPPt (Mega) can either take place before or after ORAS, but considering they took the time to show us that both BW and XY succeed it even in the new timeline, ORAS is probably somewhere around its original position in the original timeline and both of those games succeed them. B2W2 probably takes place around the same time as XY as the events aren't alluded to in XY, but Colress' appearance in SM implies that he's already thrown away his more questionable methods, so at the very least it predates those games. Due to that, I'm tempted to say it's still around the same place as it once was, particularly since Grimsley's art mentions that it's been two years.

As for Anabel, since we don't see her past Emerald, she could've disappeared between that time and B2W2, which means she's free to have traveled through the Ultra Wormhole anywhere within that time. It's also possible she passed through space and time, so she arrived at an earlier date then when she left the original universe. It's hard to say though since we don't get the full details of extradimensional travel with the Ultra Wormholes, so the rules of it are still being pieced together.
Junichi Masuda himself stated that XY and B2W2 take place at the same time so that's confirmed

Though now I realize ORAS does have to take place before XY, BW and Platinum as I forgot that Looker's first appearence chronologically is in it... which makes Wally's appearence in SM even more complicated than criminal Giovanni in the PWT

Anabelle had to arrive at least 10 years prior to SM as we know she has worked for the IP at least since then and she's Looker's boss, and he has worked since the Platinum events at least

Yeah, I guess ORAS just takes place at the same time as the originals, I'm just gonna assume Wally is some kind of vampire, time traveler or one of those people that dermatologists hate that you hear about

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Another Switch game:
http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-console-release-dates/
Stardew Valley will be on Switch, Wii U version cancelled

Junichi Masuda himself stated that XY and B2W2 take place at the same time so that's confirmed

Though now I realize ORAS does have to take place before XY, BW and Platinum as I forgot that Looker's first appearence chronologically is in it... which makes Wally's appearence in SM even more complicated than criminal Giovanni in the PWT

Anabelle had to arrive at least 10 years prior to SM as we know she has worked for the IP at least since then and she's Looker's boss, and he has worked since the Platinum events at least

Yeah, I guess ORAS just takes place at the same time as the originals, I'm just gonna assume Wally is some kind of vampire, time traveler or one of those people that dermatologists hate that you hear about
Ash Greninja is also a thing as well as the Ash Pikachu stuff so Ash is a thing in universe.
I smell a new Game Theory

even though it's possible both have a fountain of youth

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, now that I know Venipede can be captured in Alola, I'm 100% sure what I'd pick is a bug trainer in Alola

Scolipede, Golisopod, Araquanid, Vikavolt, Scizor, (Buzzwole)

I'd have Mega Scizor

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Doing some research on a good moveset for Araquanid when I saw its Pokédex info.

Aww. That's so swee--

Oh. :4gaw:
for a move set I'd have..
Stock Pile
Liquidation
Leech Life or Lunge
Crunch, Poison Jab, or Spider Web
with Leftovers Impish 252 HP 130 Def and 128 Sp Def
Water Bubble
But I'm more of a defensive Player *insert Shrug*

Trying to find a Vanillite through GTS for Pokedex filling but GTS isn't wanting to take my HA pokemon for some reason.. :c (as in no one is taking them..)

So, now that I know Venipede can be captured in Alola, I'm 100% sure what I'd pick is a bug trainer in Alola

Scolipede, Golisopod, Araquanid, Vikavolt, Scizor, (Buzzwole)

I'd have Mega Scizor
It Can't have Speed Boost yet though which is unfortunate because Speed Boost is its only definingability..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
for a move set I'd have..
Stock Pile
Liquidation
Leech Life or Lunge
Crunch, Poison Jab, or Spider Web
with Leftovers Impish 252 HP 130 Def and 128 Sp Def
Water Bubble
But I'm more of a defensive Player *insert Shrug*

Trying to find a Vanillite through GTS for Pokedex filling but GTS isn't wanting to take my HA pokemon for some reason.. :c (as in no one is taking them..)

It Can't have Speed Boost yet though which is unfortunate because Speed Boost is its only definingability..
I don't have access to stockpile yet, mine has Liquidation, Poison Jab, Leech Life, and Aqua Ring with Leftovers

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My Araquanid is Brave with Liquidation/Leech Life/Aqua Ring/Poison Jab. It'll be an option for my Battle Tree Trick Room team.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I don't have access to stockpile yet, mine has Liquidation, Poison Jab, Leech Life, and Aqua Ring with Leftovers
I have Mareanie and pelipper with Stockpile since I was breeding HA Mareanie and wanted stockpile on it to help boost its already high defenses lol. I'll eventually be passing it onto Araquanid whenever i get to it since they share egg groups.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm surprised Pelliper is big in the competitive now.
Drizzle and Hurricane are big enough changes for Pelipper to become the big name of weather teams. It easily beats Politoad as best Rain setter. It also has an awesome core with Tapu Koko and A-Raichu.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would Big Root be viable for Araquanid since it'll boost the amount of HP he gets from Aqua Ring and Leech Life?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just thought of something about the E4 in Sun and Moon:

If Hala and Oliva became E4 members, why didn't Tapu Koko and Tapu Le-le not get angry and rampage? We know the guardians choose each Kahuna, and we also know going against them upsets them.

So wouldn't they have been mad that their Kahunas left to do something else?

How will replacements work I wonder. Would they wait till either die? Or would they seek someone out. I'd say seeking a new person out makes sense but we only see one example of a Kahuna being replaced, and that's the Poni one after he dies suddenly.

I'd imagine that if a 3rd game happens, Hau would become the Kahuna of MeleMele island.

It be interesting to see who takes over for Oliva though.

Which just reminded me. How are Trial captains chosen? Arceloa is in the E4 now to. Actually I think somehwere they mention Kahunas choose them. So I wonder how one would apply, or does the Kahuna seek you out?

It would be interesting to see who Hanu would choose then. And that's my long thoughts...

Now for a non spoiler, I like how when a Pokemon evolves, it will usually automatically get a new move that's like it's signature, regardless of level.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Would Big Root be viable for Araquanid since it'll boost the amount of HP he gets from Aqua Veil and Leech Life?
I think you get more health replenished with Aqua Ring and Leftovers. Leech Life is a STAB 80 BP attack, and that alone is enough when combined with Aqua Ring + Leftovers and Araquanid's immunity to burn.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmm... An alternate form Sharpedo Water/Fighting type based off a hammer head shark would be cool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just thought of something about the E4 in Sun and Moon:

If Hala and Oliva became E4 members, why didn't Tapu Koko and Tapu Le-le not get angry and rampage? We know the guardians choose each Kahuna, and we also know going against them upsets them.

So wouldn't they have been mad that their Kahunas left to do something else?

How will replacements work I wonder. Would they wait till either die? Or would they seek someone out. I'd say seeking a new person out makes sense but we only see one example of a Kahuna being replaced, and that's the Poni one after he dies suddenly.

I'd imagine that if a 3rd game happens, Hau would become the Kahuna of MeleMele island.

It be interesting to see who takes over for Oliva though.

Which just reminded me. How are Trial captains chosen? Arceloa is in the E4 now to. Actually I think somehwere they mention Kahunas choose them. So I wonder how one would apply, or does the Kahuna seek you out?

It would be interesting to see who Hanu would choose then. And that's my long thoughts...

Now for a non spoiler, I like how when a Pokemon evolves, it will usually automatically get a new move that's like it's signature, regardless of level.
The tradition of Kahuna's always had them meet at the mountain for the final battle against the trainers that complete the trials anyway.

Hala still lives on mele mele island and has the role of Kahuna as far as I know. He's just ALSO an E4 member

People making it to the E4 isn't a common occurrence

Besides, Tapu Koko is trapped in a great Ball and I traded him away

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm surprised Pelliper is big in the competitive now.
You can thank GF for allowing Pelipper to make it rain lol It also helps that it has access to Rockin' like a Hurricane. It gives more room for players to decide if they want to run Politoed or not.. though Synergy wise Pelipper provides more despite that glaring 4x weakness to Electric.
Would Big Root be viable for Araquanid since it'll boost the amount of HP he gets from Aqua Ring and Leech Life?
it could be but you still need to setup Aqua Ring to get that flow of HP going while you can just get Hp with Leftovers and Setup Aqua Ring if you can get it. Leech Life does provide HP but whether it still needs Leftovers over Big Root would need to be tested..
Though it may be difficult to test it on Showdown because they still allow the Ultra Beasts to be used..

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The tradition of Kahuna's always had them meet at the mountain for the final battle against the trainers that complete the trials anyway.

Hala still lives on mele mele island and has the role of Kahuna as far as I know. He's just ALSO an E4 member

People making it to the E4 isn't a common occurrence

Besides, Tapu Koko is trapped in a great Ball and I traded him away
True, it's not fully clear though.

And I love that Giga Drain got buffed!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly, I'm curious about getting a PS4. Persona 5 and Spidey are starting to convince me it could be a worthwhile investment
Or ask my 2 potential roommates if I can go on it in the future lel
There's also Bloodborne, infamous and Ratchet & Clank.
SF V will be more worth it down the line.
Yakuza, Ni-Oh (Dark Souls with Japanese mythology), Gravity Rush, Horizon and Nier (Platinum) are coming too.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There's also Bloodborne, infamous and Ratchet & Clank.
SF V will be more worth it down the line.
Yakuza, Ni-Oh (Dark Souls with Japanese mythology), Gravity Rush, Horizon and Nier (Platinum) are coming too.

And FFXV and KH3 and Last of Us and Uncharted and...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And FFXV and KH3
They're multi-platform titles, she's mentioned exclusives (though KH might be up in the air a little now).
If she's interested in those she could also get an Xbox and play those on there.

I'm just suggesting other titles that could tip her towards a PS4 that I think she'd like or have an interest in.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How do you get the red wine hair color and violet contact lenses?

I see they are an option, but I don't have them

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's a list of characters I wanna see in MVC4
Ken, Poison, Chun li, C.Viper, Rashid, Akuma, Wesker, Nemesis, Ammy, Issun, Arthur, Firebrand, Dante, Vergil, Patty, Felicia, Anakaris, B.B Hood, Demitri, Viewtiful Joe, Sexy Silvia, Alistor, Mega Man, Zero, Bass, Wily, Vile, Deadpool, Taskmaster, Moon Knight, Spidey, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Black Panther, She-Hulk, Doom, Ant-Man, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Nova, Pheonix Wright, Apollo Justice, Trucy, Kaijin no Soki, PTX-40A, Gambit, Marrow, Shuma-Gorath, Venom, Carnage, Spider Gwen, Spiderman 2099, Strider Hiryu, Dhalsim, Captain Commando, Ruby Heart, Human Torch, Green Goblin
Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom