• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But nah, I get what you're saying. But you should still try it. Its an incredibly heartbreaking tale, and it makes you think. But I won't force it down you're throat.
At that point just watch the whole thing on Youtube.
TLOU's gameplay isn't worth it unless you like slowing to a crawl every few minutes and ****ty shooting because of "teh immerzionz"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My pokemon game might have too many dragons.

I should actually list them all and just see how many I made.
Hydralgae: Grass/Dragon (hydra algae)
Emp: Electric/Dragon (egg amp)
Targon: Electric/Dragon (guitar dragon)
Himillama: Ice/Dragon (himilayas llama)
Pitanaga: Fire/Dragon (pitahaya naga)
Captaya: Fire/Dragon (captain pitahaya)
Pitahyrant: Fire/Dragon (pitahaya tyrant)
Dragawn: Dragon (dragon pawn)
Draqueen: Dragon/Psychic (dragon queen)
Draking: Dragon/Fighting (dragon king)
Roovyrn: Dragon/Electric (rook wyvern)
Zirnight: Dragon/Light (zirnitra knight)
Bishyrm: Dragon/Fairy (bishop wyrm)
Ghasteron: Dragon/Ghost (ghastly percheron)
Crocire: Water/Dragon (crocodile dire)
Dragloch: Water/Dragon (dragon loch)
Capsyrn: Grass/Dragon (capsicum wyvern)
Venoom: Poison/Dragon (venom doom)
Gyarados: Water/Dragon
Sunflora: Grass/Dragon
Ekans: Fighting/Dragon
Arbok: Fighting/Dragon
Electrode: Electric/Dragon
Yanmega: Bug/Dragon
Gible: Dragon/Steel
Gabite: Dragon/Steel
Garchomp: Dragon/Steel
Milotic: Ice/Dragon
Tynamo: Dark/Dragon
Eelektrik: Dark/Dragon
Eelektross: Dark/Dragon
Tropius: Grass/Dragon

32. More than triple the amount the current most a gen has added.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why watch anyone when you can just PLAY the game
Because you don't own the game or console the game is on?

Or maybe you're on the fence/don't know anything about the game, so you watch someone play it to see how it is.

Streamed the game for a few people last night, and they had no idea what the game was like. At first they were skeptical, but now they're interested.

Or (in the case of competitive gaming) you can use their game play to study and improve your own.

Or maybe you just find it entertaining.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Please be careful when talking about FFXV. I don't want that spoiled for me. I've been waiting for it ever since it was Versus XIII, I won't be able to play until I get it for Christmas and I want to go in as blind as possible.

Also, now that FFXV(ersus XIII) and Last Guardian are finally releasing, Beyond Good & Evil 2 please, Ubisoft?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
At that point just watch the whole thing on Youtube.
TLOU's gameplay isn't worth it unless you like slowing to a crawl every few minutes and ****ty shooting because of "teh immerzionz"

Its a stealth/puzzle game that suggests to you to be conservative. It takes a decent amount of skill to play effectively, and you need to understand how it works in order to zip through a level. This is a game that will heavily punish you for your mistakes. I personally love that kind of difficulty.

Playing through the game and experiencing the story for yourself is what makes video games fun. Watching playthroughs of them is not the same experience. So saying, "ah just watch a let's play of it" is, in my opinion, not a good way to create an opinion of a game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Framerate is worst on PS4 PRO not PS4

The normal PS4 version is fine which has a 60fps mode

Hype will do that to you. Felt the same way for Earthbound and Dark Souls
No, the frame rate is fine.

Frame rate =/= frame pacing.

Frame rate is the FPS. How many frames are shown per second. Used as a a measurement for how smooth animation is.

Frame pacing is how long each individual frame sticks around. When running a 30FPS animation, each frame should really only be rendered on screen for 33 milliseconds. The problem arising while running the high performance mode of FFXV on the Pro is that some frames will only display for 16 milliseconds, or 49 milliseconds. It isn't dropping frames, it's just letting some go by too quickly or too slowly. This makes the game look like it's randomly fast forwarding or pausing for a split second and can be slightly disorienting.

Also the issue is only present if you use the "high performance" mode on the Pro. It goes away if you use the "Lite" mode.

Oh, and the regular PS4 version doesn't have 60 FPS, and it does have frame pacing issues too (just not as bad as high performance mode on the Pro). The Pro version will be getting a patch in December that brings 60 FPS to Pro users, but neither have 60 FPS right now.

Frame pacing is usually considered a bug, the result of poor programming and is not usually caused by the hardware not being powerful enough, so people shouldn't be using this as a point against the Pro. This is entirely a Square Enix issue. I know Bloodborne has this issue as well (not with the Pro, just in general).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Its a stealth/puzzle game that suggests to you to be conservative. It takes a decent amount of skill to play effectively, and you need to understand how it works in order to zip through a level. This is a game that will heavily punish you for your mistakes. I personally love that kind of difficulty.

Playing through the game and experiencing the story for yourself is what makes video games fun. Watching playthroughs of them is not the same experience. So saying, "ah just watch a let's play of it" is, in my opinion, not a good way to create an opinion of a game.
My point is that TLOU doesn't take much skill at all when it's hampering you in all of it's efforts to be "immersive"
That's what really holds the game back. It's not fun having to spend a significant amount of time being slowed down to a drag.
It's not fun having to use your gun as a last resort but you miss and die and have to redo the section because ND decided that on top of limited ammo Joel had to have ****ty aim because "immersion" was a bigger priority for some stupid reason. That one generator in particular really shows how being "immersive" hampers it.
It's a game, the gameplay should come first and that's where TLOU is little more than an average game bolstered by having some great characters, acting and a good story until it ****s the bed with the ending.
But that's just how I feel about it and I'm aware that I'm "the scum of the earth" for not kissing ND's ass according to the idiotic fanboys.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a list of characters I wanna see in MVC4
Ken, Poison, Chun li, C.Viper, Rashid, Akuma, Wesker, Nemesis, Ammy, Issun, Arthur, Firebrand, Dante, Vergil, Patty, Felicia, Anakaris, B.B Hood, Demitri, Viewtiful Joe, Sexy Silvia, Alistor, Mega Man, Zero, Bass, Wily, Vile, Deadpool, Taskmaster, Moon Knight, Spidey, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Black Panther, She-Hulk, Doom, Ant-Man, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Nova, Pheonix Wright, Apollo Justice, Trucy, Kaijin no Soki, PTX-40A, Gambit, Marrow, Shuma-Gorath, Venom, Carnage, Spider Gwen, Spiderman 2099, Strider Hiryu, Dhalsim, Captain Commando, Ruby Heart, Human Torch, Green Goblin
Thoughts?
I'd mention the lack of Cap and Doctor Strange but instead I'll focus on newcomers. :p

It's a neat list, though it depends on whether the Ant-Man is Pym, Lang, or O'Grady. Hoping for Lang.
Also it needs more Scarlet Witch and Ms. Marvel to complete my top five Marvel characters, but still.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I think out of all the newcomers from SF5 Rashid would fit in the most in a VS. game. The freedom of movement in those games is perfect for him and his wind powers.
That and Rashid is the best newcomer from 5 anyway. Mr. 2 is alright, the story mode really redeemed him.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You stream it, eh?
I was streaming earlier, till my internet thought it'd be hilarious to just stop working. Might pick it back up later. That said, I don't do commentary, for two reasons, I'm very conscious about my voice and I don't know how to make sure my mic doesn't pick up game audio

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know somebody who likes the CD-i Zelda games(bar Zelda's Adventure, so only the side-scrolling ones) more than the DS Zelda games. Everybody's tastes vary. It's honestly not a contest at this point. Not that jokes about "my tastes are worse" aren't funny, don't get me wrong, but you should never ask like your opinion is more valid than another's. You can question the logic of someone's opinion if they don't have an informed opinion, of course.

That said, you never will know if you like the gameplay till you play it for yourself. It's fine to not buy a game if it's a genre you don't think you'll enjoy, but that doesn't mean your opinion on its gameplay becomes valid because "you saw" the gameplay. You cannot know its quality till you play it. As for a game's story, it's best to experience it directly, since you'd be more immersed into the game this way. Let's Plays don't do as much to increase enjoyment as directly experiencing it does(usually), but they're still great for seeing what the game is like. If you see a patient LPer getting frustrated easily, there's a good chance the game itself isn't that high-quality. Of course, this isn't a fact.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was streaming earlier, till my internet thought it'd be hilarious to just stop working. Might pick it back up later. That said, I don't do commentary, for two reasons, I'm very conscious about my voice and I don't know how to make sure my mic doesn't pick up game audio
Hey no voice is fine. Sometimes you just wanna watch someone play a game without all the commentary, y'know?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My pokemon game might have too many dragons.

I should actually list them all and just see how many I made.
Hydralgae: Grass/Dragon (hydra algae)
Emp: Electric/Dragon (egg amp)
Targon: Electric/Dragon (guitar dragon)
Himillama: Ice/Dragon (himilayas llama)
Pitanaga: Fire/Dragon (pitahaya naga)
Captaya: Fire/Dragon (captain pitahaya)
Pitahyrant: Fire/Dragon (pitahaya tyrant)
Dragawn: Dragon (dragon pawn)
Draqueen: Dragon/Psychic (dragon queen)
Draking: Dragon/Fighting (dragon king)
Roovyrn: Dragon/Electric (rook wyvern)
Zirnight: Dragon/Light (zirnitra knight)
Bishyrm: Dragon/Fairy (bishop wyrm)
Ghasteron: Dragon/Ghost (ghastly percheron)
Crocire: Water/Dragon (crocodile dire)
Dragloch: Water/Dragon (dragon loch)
Capsyrn: Grass/Dragon (capsicum wyvern)
Venoom: Poison/Dragon (venom doom)
Gyarados: Water/Dragon
Sunflora: Grass/Dragon
Ekans: Fighting/Dragon
Arbok: Fighting/Dragon
Electrode: Electric/Dragon
Yanmega: Bug/Dragon
Gible: Dragon/Steel
Gabite: Dragon/Steel
Garchomp: Dragon/Steel
Milotic: Ice/Dragon
Tynamo: Dark/Dragon
Eelektrik: Dark/Dragon
Eelektross: Dark/Dragon
Tropius: Grass/Dragon

32. More than triple the amount the current most a gen has added.
You can never have too many dragons :p

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So FF 15 finally came out today huh? Ten long years in waiting and there it is. The world has definitely changes quite a bit since then.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...ing-their-10-year-wait?utm_source=wptwitterus

My life has definitely changed in that time. When FF 15 was first announced as Versus 13, I was still in elementary school and my parents will in the process of separating. Flash forward to today, I'm in the process of applying to pharmacy school and waiting for the next big step in my life.

To anyone who is playing the game today, hope you enjoy it! It's been a long time coming.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
was it really that long ago?
Yup, the game was announced back in 2006 under the name Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It was originally supposed to complement Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII (which also got renamed to Type-0) as part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series of games. I think they all still fall under that series, but they seemed to have all evolved into completely different things. FFXV getting an overhaul of it's story being one of them. It's weird to think I went from Elementary school to College since the game was initially announced.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Game Freak keep giving Blastoise Flash Cannon in movesets. Even in pokemon Go

Yet they just wouldn't make his mega a steel type for some reason

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Game Freak keep giving Blastoise Flash Cannon in movesets. Even in pokemon Go

Yet they just wouldn't make his mega a steel type for some reason
The fact he has a bunch of cannons should've made him Steel type as a reason itself. Having one steel move doesn't mean much. It'd be cool for STAB, but that alone wouldn't much matter. Remember, movesets have tons of non-STAB moves, and can easily be competitive despite this.

I forget, does Flash Cannon get buffed by his Mega Ability?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact he has a bunch of cannons should've made him Steel type as a reason itself. Having one steel move doesn't mean much. It'd be cool for STAB, but that alone wouldn't much matter. Remember, movesets have tons of non-STAB moves, and can easily be competitive despite this.

I forget, does Flash Cannon get buffed by his Mega Ability?
Nope, just dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, dragon pulse and water pulse.

Heal pulse would if he could learn it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When FFXV was first announced, I was playing a certain other hotly anticipated game.

Also I literally just cleared all my browsing data/search history (no, I wasn't looking at anything funny, it's actually good to do that every so often as it makes your computer and browser run a bit faster), yet when I go to Google Smashboards, look what the first suggestion is (which wasn't there before, ironically).

Is it really the most common search term for the site besides just the site name? :p

upload_2016-11-30_0-48-8.png

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lucario should get Mega Launcher if it gets a regional varient in the future. STAB Aura Sphere with Mega Launcher would be sick.

Chrono.

When FFXV was first announced, I was playing a certain other hotly anticipated game.

Also I literally just cleared all my browsing data/search history (no, I wasn't looking at anything funny, it's actually good to do that every so often as it makes your computer and browser run a bit faster), yet when I go to Google Smashboards, look what the first suggestion is (which wasn't there before, ironically).

Is it really the most common search term for the site besides just the site name? :p

View attachment 121468
Google tailors search results to your history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom