• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
To be fair, Last of Us can be unnecessary due to the PS3 version.
Last of us was on PS3, but if you don't have a PS3 and never played the game, just play it on PS4

They're multi-platform titles, she's mentioned exclusives (though KH might be up in the air a little now).
If she's interested in those she could also get an Xbox and play those on there.

I'm just suggesting other titles that could tip her towards a PS4 that I think she'd like or have an interest in.

Well until Scorpio comes out, these games do run better on PS4, which could be important for someone.

Also, Kingdom Hearts is confirmed to be on Xbox as well.
Although I do find it weird that they didn't release the re-releases on Xbox.
Actually it's weird Square hasn't released any of the Final Fantasy re-releases on Xbox aside from Type-0 as well. I guess Sony has some deal with them or something.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You should just be able to change to them. I was able too
That's weird. It just doesn't give me the option

Although my other game has them... Hmmm...Maybe it's version exclusive or only available after a certain point in the game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Via Wonder Trade?

Cause that's how I'm getting mine lol

I'm nowhere near getting Beast Balls yet.
It was over GTS

I also have a wishi washi in a beast ball.

But breeding Totodile with Beast Ball is kind of cooler

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I never played the original so I don't know.

There's nothing bad about what I played though. That game was damn near flawless, unless I missed something.
I heard frame rate was worse or something.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Isn't the PS4 version worse though?
Ps4 version is better.
Has loads more options (including framerate I believe, maybe the 60fps option had issues?)
Has the DLC
More content in general.

It's basically a GotY edition that actually adds in a few new things instead of being "Game with all DLC"

Well until Scorpio comes out, these games do run better on PS4, which could be important for someone.
FFXV actually has frame pacing issues on the PS4 apparently. Xbox doesn't.
Depends on if you want a prettier game or one that has better frame pacing.
But I don't see that mattering to most people outside of the hardcore fans unless it's something that's really noticeable.

Also, Kingdom Hearts is confirmed to be on Xbox as well.
Although I do find it weird that they didn't release the re-releases on Xbox.
Actually it's weird Square hasn't released any of the Final Fantasy re-releases on Xbox aside from Type-0 as well. I guess Sony has some deal with them or something.
That's why I feel it's a little more up in the air.
Why bother with KH3 on the Xbox if you aren't putting all the remasters on there?

TLOU is overrated as hell. Granted, I haven't played the game, but I can't see how any game warrants enough praise to the point it's going to win 2 VGA awards. Ending also pisses me off
And there's why I didn't recommend TLOU to her.
Just give it a go though, borrow a friend's copy or something. I don't see you liking such a slow game though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've filled 7.5 boxes with Dhelmise and still no shiny

Masuda method and all

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I got an Eevee in a Beast Ball.

I guess those BB Challenges are spreading.
I caught (HA) Cutiefly and (HA) Fomantis with Beast balls lol. I still have 105 of them in my bag :lol:
Get the shiny charm you plebian. Also how the **** do you get more boxes?
you need to put at least one pokemon in the last box (it seems) box then reopen the PC

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Get the shiny charm you plebian. Also how the **** do you get more boxes?
All you have to do to get more boxes is put pokemon in the last box

I caught (HA) Cutiefly and (HA) Fomantis with Beast balls lol. I still have 105 of them in my bag :lol:

you need to put at least one pokemon in each box then reopen the PC
You don't need 1 in each box, just 1 in the LAST box

At least that worked for me

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
FFXV actually has frame pacing issues on the PS4 apparently. Xbox doesn't.
Depends on if you want a prettier game or one that has better frame pacing.
But I don't see that mattering to most people outside of the hardcore fans unless it's something that's really noticeable.
Oh really? Guess I should've gotten it on Xbox then.

That's why I feel it's a little more up in the air.
Why bother with KH3 on the Xbox if you aren't putting all the remasters on there?
It's definitely confirmed. Heck the game is already up on the Microsoft store for pre-order
https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...-Hearts-III-for-Xbox-One/productID.2553271900
Square just isn't releasing remasters on Xbox. It's their property, I'm not going to tell them what to do with it, just weird.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All you have to do to get more boxes is put pokemon in the last box

You don't need 1 in each box, just 1 in the LAST box

At least that worked for me
I correct my mistake. I could have sworn you only needed 1 in the last box

I just tested it out and after putting one in each box I now have even more boxes, 20 something

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Here's a list of characters I wanna see in MVC4
Ken, Poison, Chun li, C.Viper, Rashid, Akuma, Wesker, Nemesis, Ammy, Issun, Arthur, Firebrand, Dante, Vergil, Patty, Felicia, Anakaris, B.B Hood, Demitri, Viewtiful Joe, Sexy Silvia, Alistor, Mega Man, Zero, Bass, Wily, Vile, Deadpool, Taskmaster, Moon Knight, Spidey, Dormammu, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Black Panther, She-Hulk, Doom, Ant-Man, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Nova, Pheonix Wright, Apollo Justice, Trucy, Kaijin no Soki, PTX-40A, Gambit, Marrow, Shuma-Gorath, Venom, Carnage, Spider Gwen, Spiderman 2099, Strider Hiryu, Dhalsim, Captain Commando, Ruby Heart, Human Torch, Green Goblin
Thoughts?
Is this with the assumption that Wolverine and Ryu are already there? I like it if it is, although I'd cut down on the MegaMan characters a little. I like MegaMan and Zero, but I'd add one more, maybe keep Tron Bonne instead. Bass isn't a bad idea, nor are any of those 3 as you noted. I'd go 4 max, if only due to the series' current Status. If not, I see two glaring problems with it. Not that one has to like the characters, but they are too iconic to leave out(and the faces of the series. It's like Mortal Kombat's regular fighting games without Scorpion. And yes, that's why Mortal Kombat III did poorly, although not the only reason to make an upgraded version).

Also, you spelled Phoenix wrong. :p (That was legitimately not an intended pun)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is this with the assumption that Wolverine and Ryu are already there? I like it if it is, although I'd cut down on the MegaMan characters a little. I like MegaMan and Zero, but I'd add one more, maybe keep Tron Bonne instead. Bass isn't a bad idea, nor are any of those 3 as you noted. I'd go 4 max, if only due to the series' current Status. If not, I see two glaring problems with it. Not that one has to like the characters, but they are too iconic to leave out(and the faces of the series. It's like Mortal Kombat's regular fighting games without Scorpion. And yes, that's why Mortal Kombat III did poorly, although not the only reason to make an upgraded version).

Also, you spelled Phoenix wrong. :p (That was legitimately not an intended pun)
Oh, it's just characters I wanted, I don't care for Ryu, that's all

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gonna change my name soon to involve a new Undertale character. Either Papyrus, Chara, Sans, Grillby or Gaster. Mmm decisions, decisions...

Man, it would of been awesome if Comic Sans or Papyrus was a font on here. :troll:

Chrono.

I just got a Lv.100 Shiny Salazzle on WT.

Sure saves me the trouble of actually having to train and look for a female Salandit though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gonna change my name soon to involve a new Undertale character. Either Papyrus, Chara, Sans, Grillby or Gaster. Mmm decisions, decisions...

Man, it would of been awesome if Comic Sans or Papyrus was a font on here. :troll:
If you didn't realize it already, Chara is an actual username already in use here. I can't wait to see what you'll add to the name, if you use that one, anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still don't see what's so great about Frozen

Tangled and Wreck It Ralph are by the same studio and are more enjoyable

I like the character Elsa, and I like her song. But I didn't care for most of the movie

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Late replies incoming

I still have to watch Episode 10(which came out, two days ago iirc)
The show does some things I really dislike but at the same time does a lot that I like
Wait.
Episode 10 is out?
Well, kissanime has yet to put it up......
What's it doing that you dislike, out of curiosity?
"Hey, Youtube, give me a reason to live"
"I got you fam"
Yes, I know this is old but I only found it now

Good thing Magearna will be banned from most online modes abd to Ubers because holy **** I'm tired of running into them on Showdown OU Doubles
Youtube is the place to go for reasons to live, imo.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Even IF I enjoy it, that's not going to change. Especially with the fact the remaster is nominated at Shill Awards
And? It's still a good game.

So a lot of people rate it higher than what you believe it should. Maybe they just enjoy the game more than you.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I heard frame rate was worse or something.
Framerate is worst on PS4 PRO not PS4

The normal PS4 version is fine which has a 60fps mode
ITT: People who think overrated means bad. It's the video game equivalent of Frozen. Is it bad? There's a big *** reason for it's MAJOR success, so probably not. It's just that hearing all that praise has made me pessimistic
Hype will do that to you. Felt the same way for Earthbound and Dark Souls

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just got a shiny phantump caught in the masterball from GTS...

All they wanted was Sandghast. I just wanted one for the dex, so that's a nice surprise! Two more entries for me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you didn't realize it already, Chara is an actual username already in use here. I can't wait to see what you'll add to the name, if you use that one, anyway.
So is Papyrus and Sans, I think.

I can just monkey around with the name. Its harder for some characters, like Chara. Sans and Papyrus have other titles, like their UnderNet logins, and Papyrus's title, "The Great Papyrus". Grillby and W.D. Gaster are free though. Don't think I'll do them though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And? It's still a good game.

So a lot of people rate it higher than what you believe it should. Maybe they just enjoy the game more than you.
Here's the thing, if people keep hyping it up, I'm either going to be pessimistic about it and go in not liking it, like UT, or get really excited but end up disappointed, like Link to the Past

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Here's the thing, if people keep hyping it up, I'm either going to be pessimistic about it and go in not liking it, like UT, or get really excited but end up disappointed, like Link to the Past
You gotta learn to balance that out.

Don't hype things up cause others hype it, hype it up cause you're hyped about it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you don't like A Link to the Past, you simply have bad tastes and should cut off your tongue and replace it with a proper functioning one. :troll:

But nah, I get what you're saying. But you should still try it. Its an incredibly heartbreaking tale, and it makes you think. But I won't force it down you're throat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You gotta learn to balance that out.

Don't hype things up cause others hype it, hype it up cause you're hyped about it.
Thing is, the more people hype it, the more I have to hear about it, which negatively influences that
If you don't like A Link to the Past, you simply have bad tastes and should cut off your tongue and replace it with a proper functioning one. :troll:

But nah, I get what you're saying. But you should still try it. Its an incredibly heartbreaking tale, and it makes you think. But I won't force it down you're throat.
I think my **** taste was already established as Spirit Tracks is my favourite Zelda. Fight me

@Zoroarking HA! Your ****ty bird can't even use it's ability if it's choiced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom