• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But Magikarp jokes!

Yeah, still seems fairly useful for a sweeper though. Or a Baton Pass.
A lot of Pokemon won't survive long enough for a Z-Move like that to be worth the "once per battle" slot.

Magikarp is one of the few to bother with it only because it needs the boost and because you can't learn very many good moves besides its natural ones. It's a pretty bad Z-Move, but as noted by you alone, it may be possible to make it halfway usable in competitive play. Not sure it'll work, but it's decent in regular play at best. Maybe it'll be good in low tiers, but I can't see it being anywhere amazing enough in high tier play. Just my prediction, though. And we know how bad that can be. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Moana's villain song sounds like a David Bowie song.

Dude is kind of creepy actually.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll be honest, until they showed up for Sun and Moon, I'd completely forgotten about Sina and Dexio.

Like, of all the Kalos characters to bring back, why them and why not AZ?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'll be honest, until they showed up for Sun and Moon, I'd completely forgotten about Sina and Dexio.

The idea methinks is to bring characters who could have some form of connection with Zygarde. Because they're the Professor's assistants, it makes sense that, when they heard Zygarde was in Alola, that they would investigate.

That's all I can come up with. Honestly, Trevor should of done it instead. He's a lot more noticeable of a character, and he also works with the Professor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The idea methinks is to bring characters who could have some form of connection with Zygarde. Because they're the Professor's assistants, it makes sense that, when they heard Zygarde was in Alola, that they would investigate.

That's all I can come up with. Honestly, Trevor should of done it instead. He's a lot more noticeable of a character, and he also works with the Professor.
I'll be honest, I wanted Tierno to come back. His whole thing is having his Pokémon use dance moves. How great would it have been if he showed up at the Battle Tree with an Oricorio?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Alright, I got a question for you guys.

What game franchises have you not played much, but would like to get more into?

For me, I'd say either Castlevania or Mega Man Battle Network(since I mostly play the Classic and MMX series). I'm also interested in getting more familiar with Street Fighter, since I only really played a lot of SF2 and Alpha 1, and had vague memories of the EX games as a kid. Everything else, I've only dabbled into.
The Mega Man series is the biggest one, mainly the classic series. I love Mega Man as a character and I love the universe of the classic series, but I haven't got around to playing much Mega Man. I got far in 2, but that's about it.

In terms of other series:
-Ratchet and Clank
-Kirby
-Legend of Zelda
-Pikmin
-Pokémon
Doesn't look like this was posted yet.

Those 3D World styled attraction props, what ever they are for, look on point.
Universal Studios Florida is already one of my favorite theme parks.
I can't wait to see what they have in store.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll be honest, I wanted Tierno to come back. His whole thing is having his Pokémon use dance moves. How great would it have been if he showed up at the Battle Tree with an Oricorio?
He would need Blastoise with dance moves too. Would even be a perfect idea to have a downloadable special Blastoise with Dancer as well.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Doesn't look like this was posted yet.

Those 3D World styled attraction props, what ever they are for, look on point.
Just show me something that isn't Mario. . .or Zelda. . .or certain specific Pokemon. No, Pokemon in general is fine, just not solely Pikachu or Generation One Pokemon.

My main concern with this is that it's going to be nothing but the most uber-popular Nintendo series and characters when almost all of my tastes slide into the "Below the 2 million threshold Nintendo says they're shooting for now but above the 1 million mark."

The fact that this shows only Mario props doesn't help my concerns at all.

. . .Those props are on point, though. I'll admit that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo Theme Parks?

How much? When? Where? Can I go now?

I have a mighty need.
As to the "when," I think it was stated that they were trying to get the Japanese one done by the time the 2020 Olympics rolled around.

. . .So it'll be awhile.

They should give more teasers long before that, though. Should.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Or Sycamore. I would love me some more sycamore
Well atleast you caught it, eh?
yeah lol, I worked hard for it too. went through almost all my pokeballs

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This is troubling.

Apparently the Mario and Luigi RPG series isn't selling well enough for a standalone title.
If making it PAST the two million mark that Nintendo set isn't enough for a game to be considered worth it, then what hope does anything else have? :urg:

Even Kirby doesn't do quite that well. Does that mean it'll be on the chopping block, too?

And that just makes me even more worried that there's no way to convince them to save anything else. . .

. . .Well on the bright side, Fire Emblem hasn't broken past the mark either and what it did manage to do was still considered to have saved it's series and enough to keep it going even now. Maybe they're just measuring it by Mario standards instead of destroying everything. Maybe. . .

D

Deleted member

Please do not associate my precious dancing birb with Tierno

GF already did a good thing by introducing it only one Gen after Tierno
*thinks about the eventual XY remakes*
Please do not
Dancer Blastoise would be scary as **** in doubles.
The only thing keeping Dancer from being broken is the fact that the two attacking dance moves are Fiery Dance, which only the frail Volcarona can learn, and Petal Dance, which is good for 2-3 turns unless you're called Lilligant
And well, Oricorio's stats aren't great but it's not like that matters much when you're attacking twice a turn with +2 Sp.Atk

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Please do not associate my precious dancing birb with Tierno

GF already did a good thing by introducing it only one Gen after Tierno
*thinks about the eventual XY remakes*
Please do not

The only thing keeping Dancer from being broken is the fact that the two attacking dance moves are Fiery Dance, which only the frail Volcarona can learn, and Petal Dance, which is good for 2-3 turns unless you're called Lilligant
And well, Oricorio's stats aren't great but it's not like that matters much when you're attacking twice a turn with +2 Sp.Atk
I stand by my opinion that Tierno was the best of the XY friend rivals. Let Tierno have his dancing bird. >:v

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The X and Y rivals were the most forgettable to me. They didn't stand out at all, with the exception of Shauna and Serena/Calem, and that was only because of how often they showed up. Gen 7 heavily improved that though, thankfully.

D

Deleted member

So, I was browsing SM's TV Tropes pages and...
Apparently, it's mentioned in the UB Task Force missions that the UBs actually destroyed another universe... the non-Mega one
I'd like confirmation from someone who has finished them(as in, specific mention and not just the vague "otger worlds" that were already thrown in the main story) but if this is true then... it's kinda odd that GF would just kill off the majority of the Pokemon characters simply like that, especially after so many of their plots being about trying to avoid total destruction. Hell, even Zinnia put everything at stake to save the original RSE universe.

And also, this Anabelle is supposedly from the original RSE universe and why is the Pokemon universe having such a complicated history now?

D

Deleted member

Serena/Calem were the best XY rivals imo, and even then, they were just tolerable.
though serena/shauna is the best ship

Chrono.

AZ seems like the least likely guy to show up at a Battle Facility of all places.

D

Deleted member

****, I just realized
Not only does Grimsley's new design have black and white as its main color but Colress's coat is GRAY
AZ seems like the least likely guy to show up at a Battle Facility of all places.
And yet, the two characters you never got to fight in XY are here
I think Sycamore would have been better as he's the only really memorable character in XY outside of Emma

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

@Zoroarking Still, in general I think they're fine.

I mean Zygarde's research likely isn't Sycamore's top priority, so why leave Kalos when you can have your two assistants do your work for you?

I think he meant in general, not just that place.
Ah.

Well unless he gives us that Floette of his, I don't see much of a point to him being in Alola. :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Goddammit

I need a 6IV Ditto for breeding yet I can't find any and nobody's willing to give any away. Doesn't help that a friend of mine can't gen his mons anymore, I'd gladly accept a genned one
If you find someone who can, please let me know. I need one too.
If you get up to a chain of 40, your ditto will have 4ivs guaranteed. Past there, it's a 1 in 25 chance to get 5 or 6ivs. So you may be able to get it that way.

If this isn't proof that the Rabbids Mario RPG is real, then I don't know what is.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/11/...-video-shows-mario-luigi-and-toad-as-rabbids/
Well I guess the rumor is right. Maybe Stars isn't that cray afte rall.
This is troubling.

Apparently the Mario and Luigi RPG series isn't selling well enough for a standalone title.
It's not sales that are the issue. They commented that they thought it was the true rpg for mario over paper mario. This is probably just something that they came up with Ubisoft and thought would make an interesting spinoff.
Apparently, it's mentioned in the UB Task Force missions that the UBs actually destroyed another universe... the non-Mega one
I'd like confirmation from someone who has finished them(as in, specific mention and not just the vague "otger worlds" that were already thrown in the main story) but if this is true then... it's kinda odd that GF would just kill off the majority of the Pokemon characters simply like that, especially after so many of their plots being about trying to avoid total destruction. Hell, even Zinnia put everything at stake to save the original RSE universe.

And also, this Anabelle is supposedly from the original RSE universe and why is the Pokemon universe having such a complicated history now?
I beat that sidequest and saw no mention of the UBs destroying another world. You do find out that Guzzlord killed the faller that was with Looker and Nanu though.

And yes Anabellle is an alien. I suppose her being from the original universe makes a lot of sense though. As the timeline works better that way. From the looks of it, the order would be

ORAS and BW 2 take place at the same time, except Grismley is from a new BW universe, and they both are set 2 years before Sun and Moon. Maybe one year after ORAS, as Wally is slightly older it seems. XY would seemingly take place 2 to 3 years as well before Sun and Moon. It's hard to tell exactly though.

Red and Blue in the Mega Verse is most likely set 9-10 years before the games based on the look of Red and Blue.

Hard to say though. I think Anabelle may be from the Mega Verse timeline but I could be wrong. If she's not, the timeline works out better, but if she is, it's hard to figure out how the stories all fit.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Discussion about Nebby and that darn bag earlier?

I think this is the best joke relating to it.

Nebby's about to get dunked lol. I found this picture yesterday, and I think it was too good not to share. It sums up most of Lillie's interactions with Cosmog.:laugh:

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Nebby and the bag
I really hope that the egg that Ash delivered to Samson Oak will hatch into Cosmog because I want to see some Nebby vs Bag in motion.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Doing some research on a good moveset for Araquanid when I saw its Pokédex info.

Araquanid Information (Moon) said:
Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble.
Aww. That's so swee--
Araquanid Infirnation (Sun) said:
It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.
Oh. :4gaw:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Mega Man series is the biggest one, mainly the classic series. I love Mega Man as a character and I love the universe of the classic series, but I haven't got around to playing much Mega Man. I got far in 2, but that's about it.

In terms of other series:
-Ratchet and Clank
-Kirby
-Legend of Zelda
-Pikmin
-Pokémon

Universal Studios Florida is already one of my favorite theme parks.
I can't wait to see what they have in store.
Well you could get the Legacy Collection on a bunch of different systems to choose from if you are interested in Mega Man. Mega Man 2 and 3 are considered the best. Most people also like MM4,5 and 6(less so than 2 and 3 though), but some are a bit iffy on them. I like Mega Man 7 quite a bit. MM8 looks fantastic, is pretty good(aside from the voice acting), but aside from some speedrun tech with the Mega Ball, is weaker than the others.

MM9 and MM10 are also seen as some of the best along with MM2 and MM3

Mega Man 1 suffers from what I like to call "First Game Jank". But buried underneath is still a good game. Play the VASTLY Superior PSP remake, Mega Man Powered Up, if you somehow get the chance to. Sonic, Metroid and even Shantae also suffer from FGJ as well.

Street Fighter 1 is just straight up garbage. How it's follow up became one of the most influential games ever made is beyond me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The X and Y rivals were the most forgettable to me. They didn't stand out at all, with the exception of Shauna and Serena/Calem, and that was only because of how often they showed up. Gen 7 heavily improved that though, thankfully.
They were all lame. I actually forgot each of their names.

Barry's an alright guy though, by virtue of having personality. Green and Silver are *****, but that's what makes them good rivals. Wally's journey to sickly kid to manning the **** up with a Mega Gallade in the remakes was cool. Hugh got a cool, MM Battle Network style theme and a really cool design to go along with it(why can't your character get a spiked afro?)though he wouldn't shut up about his sister's Pokemon.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of Nebby and the bag
I really hope that the egg that Ash delivered to Samson Oak will hatch into Cosmog because I want to see some Nebby vs Bag in motion.
That be neat, but I find it unlikely. Looks like the Eevee eggs they have had before. They are all brown.

I really wonder though if we'll see any Sun and Moon story elements outside of Skull because we don't have Nebby.

Chrono.

Question about Ula Ula Island.

When do you battle Hau again?

Because apparently you battle him right before Poni Island but that didn't happen for me...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Having finished the event I didn't see anything about that, in fact I don't think they mentioned anything about what happens in the other universes aside from those that appeared through the wormhole. I can take another look at the game text later to double check, but I'm pretty sure that is just misinformation that got spread around.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I think the egg that Lillie will get is Alola Vulpix. Last time I checked, the egg was colored white, and in the promotional material, we see an Alola Vulpix standing nearby her.

About the egg Samson Oak gets? Yeah, it's probably Eevee.

As for story elements, at the rate this is going, I can imagine the Aether Foundation might be incorporated via a field trip. Perhaps Ash his pals will visit the Aether Paradise for some kind of field trip and meet Faba, Wicke, and maybe even Lusamine.

If this is the route they take, I think a really interesting way they could hint at Lillie and Lusamine's relationship could be similar to the games. Ash will mention Lillie's name and maybe even briefly talk about her; Lusamine's eyes open wide upon hearing that and then she states something similar to what she told Hau in the games: that children should just listen to their parents entirely and nothing else (or something close to those lines; she stated something like this after hearing Hau mention Lillie's name).

Another great way to hype that reveal is if Lillie purposely calls in sick when she hears the school will be taking a field trip to Aether Paradise because she doesn't want to confront her mother again.

I have a little head cannon right now that the reason why Lillie is afraid of Pokemon in the anime might have something to do with the way Lusamine treated her.

Question about Ula Ula Island.

When do you battle Hau again?

Because apparently you battle him right before Poni Island but that didn't happen for me...
I think you mean you fight Hau right when you arrive on Ula Ula Island. Poni Island is the fourth island while Ula Ula is the third island.

Following that battle and the Aether Foundation 2nd visit arc, You won't fight Hau again until you reach the summit of Mount Lanakila, which is late into the game. Hau doesn't show up during the Poni Island part of the story.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you get up to a chain of 40, your ditto will have 4ivs guaranteed. Past there, it's a 1 in 25 chance to get 5 or 6ivs. So you may be able to get it that way.

Well I guess the rumor is right. Maybe Stars isn't that cray afte rall.

It's not sales that are the issue. They commented that they thought it was the true rpg for mario over paper mario. This is probably just something that they came up with Ubisoft and thought would make an interesting spinoff.

I beat that sidequest and saw no mention of the UBs destroying another world. You do find out that Guzzlord killed the faller that was with Looker and Nanu though.

And yes Anabellle is an alien. I suppose her being from the original universe makes a lot of sense though. As the timeline works better that way. From the looks of it, the order would be

ORAS and BW 2 take place at the same time, except Grismley is from a new BW universe, and they both are set 2 years before Sun and Moon. Maybe one year after ORAS, as Wally is slightly older it seems. XY would seemingly take place 2 to 3 years as well before Sun and Moon. It's hard to tell exactly though.

Red and Blue in the Mega Verse is most likely set 9-10 years before the games based on the look of Red and Blue.

Hard to say though. I think Anabelle may be from the Mega Verse timeline but I could be wrong. If she's not, the timeline works out better, but if she is, it's hard to figure out how the stories all fit.
She's apparently a Faller too which would explain her existence at all since she's completely absent in ORAS

ORAS definitely doesn't help with the timeline either by being implied to not happen at the same time as the originals RSE
Considering official information and Grimsley's "two tears later" note on his SM concept art, I imagine the timelime would be something like this:

Non-Mega timeline
FRLG/RSE----3 years later----> HGSS/DPPt----unknown time passage----> BW----2 years later----> B2W2 /end of known timeline

Mega timeline(Starts at the same time as B2W2)
XY/ORAS----2 years later(assuming B2W2 still takes place at the same time in this timeline)----> SM

That'd mean there's a 3 year gap between Johto and Unova assuming Kanto takes place at the same time in the Mega timeline and that both Red and Blue aged 10 years in SM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom