• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyon like Luxio? I just caught one and I can start breeding them when I'm done with Dhelmise

I got it and Cyndaquil

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well Ive been seeing people left and right say they have been getting shinys like crazy. Mostly people here. or maybe Im just cracking up
As far as I've seen, everybody else has gotten their Shiny either through Masuda method/breeding or SOS Chain/Fish Chain. I'm probably the only one here who actually got their Shiny with the sheer and dumbest of all lucks. Nothing says dumb luck more than getting a Shiny within the first 24 hours of playing after not getting a Shiny at all(even using Masuda method in the mix and not counting Red Gyarados) since Gen 2.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you don't mind me saying, I respectfully disagree with Iceman turning gay to be a good thing. Both with the character and even MORESO how it was done.

His character was normally portrayed as heterosexual, He had multiple girlfriends throughout his history. And it wasn't a case of not being able to, like with early Northstar, who was always meant to be homosexual. Or Mystique and Daken(though he's hardly a favorite of mine)being bisexual for quite some time.

The way it was done was cheap too, with Jean peering into his mind, going on with some speech with saying "everyone is a little bi", but then saying Bobby was 100% gay anyway. And after he came out, he started acting like the typical gay stereotype, easily the worst part of the whole thing.

Kind of like when they made Alan Scott gay in the New 52, despite the fact that his son, Obsidian, was already a gay superhero. So they willingly got rid of one of the few gay heroes, while making his father, one of the oldest heroes gay for the sake of publicity.
I'm sorry, but if you couldn't see the signs that he was gay through out his history as a character you're either a straight man who doesn't pick up on the signs or just were missing them, because they were there. He's a classic case of a gay man trying hard to be in relationships while having subtle signs that he was in fact gay and that was why.

Emma Frost was once even in his mind years prior to this and taunted him about it. Most of it is all in the way his relationships and friendships with male characters was portrayed and handled. In particular when he and Cannonball were on the same team together.

This wasn't a publicity stunt, you just missed the small subtle details.

I'll agree with you that Jean outing him the way she did was bull**** though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned you can only use island scan once a day

If I had been on mele mele island, I would have gotten a totodile

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I knew comics were **** when decided there were three Jokers, resetting universes and selling your marriage to the devil

Comics suck.

It why I only like animated adaptations like 90s X-Men, DCAU, Spectacular Spider-Man, Teen Titans and Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, I got a question for you guys.

What game franchises have you not played much, but would like to get more into?

For me, I'd say either Castlevania or Mega Man Battle Network(since I mostly play the Classic and MMX series). I'm also interested in getting more familiar with Street Fighter, since I only really played a lot of SF2 and Alpha 1, and had vague memories of the EX games as a kid. Everything else, I've only dabbled into.
Final Fantasy
So, I just got done with the first seasons of each of the CW DC shows. By God.

I know super hero movies and shows are cheesy and melodramatic to a point but these shows take it to the extreme. I feel like I'm watching an actual Disney channel show. Arrow is the least offender of both. It's not bad. The Flash is Uber ****ing cheesy and Supergirl is incredibly melodramatic. Like the shows aren't bad. Far from it actually, there all pretty good. I just can't go through an episode without having a cringe attack.

I haven't watched Legends of Tomorrow but uh, I heard it's the weakest of them all so I might just skip it.
I feel like that gives them (read: Flash) something unique as DC's always been seen as over the top edgy recently, especially with DCEU. Though Flash becomes a lot more serious in the second season
Well, uh... I was trying to hatch for an Abra that had Adamant with Synchronize, and on the second egg I hatch, I got a shiny one with Impish and Inner Focus.

watisgoingon

If you guys are curious, this was with a regular Abra and an American Ditto (so I was not using the Masuda Method).
Do you have an Everstone? Giving a pokemon an Everstone before breeding it will guarantee that it'll pass down it's nature. I could try helping with that tomorrow

D

Deleted member

For me, I'd say either Castlevania or Mega Man Battle Network(since I mostly play the Classic and MMX series). I'm also interested in getting more familiar with Street Fighter, since I only really played a lot of SF2 and Alpha 1, and had vague memories of the EX games as a kid. Everything else, I've only dabbled into.
  • Ace Attorney
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Bayonetta
  • Contra
  • Dragon Quest
  • Ironically Final Fantasy (I've only beaten VI so far, though I do also have FFIV: The Complete Collection and VII-IX.)
  • The Japan-only Fire Emblems
  • Front Mission
  • Ghosts n' Goblins
  • Golden Sun
  • Jet Set Radio
  • KoF
  • Mega Man Legends, Battle Network
  • Metroid
  • Mother
  • Okami
  • Phantasy Star
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil
  • Streets of Rage
  • Strider
  • Tales of
  • Tekken
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Xenosaga
  • Zone of the Enders

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Let's see...
Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Golden Sun, some of the Mega Man side series, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Metal Gear, Metroid, and Banjo Kazooie are the ones I have on top of my head. I also want to put Mother on the list, but I don't know if I can really say I haven't played much of it since there are only 3 games and I played Earthbound (plus the only other Mother game I want to play is 3)
Only franchises I've got really into are Pokemon, Sonic, Mario and to some extent Mega Man.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Assassin's Creed.
Mass Effect.
Kingdom Hearts.
Final Fantasy besides V-VIII.
Metroid.
Bayonetta.
Tales Of.
Shin Megami Tensei.
Probably a few others I'm forgetting.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Sonic, Kingdom Hearts and Persona.

I'll probably pick some Sonic games off Steam. Kingdom Hearts and Persona remain out of reach though.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So...

To kind of play off the current topic...

To those of you that play fighting games, any kind of fighting games...

What are your three favorite things about them?

What are your three favorite fighting games?

What are your three least favorite things about them?
1: The characters (Most importantly, both any newcomers to the series, as well as veterans for a long-running fighting game series), how accessible they are to play, and how much fun can I have with someone who's also playing it with me, whether it be online or with someone next to me; and extra points for playing in the same room.

2: If I were to pick my three favourite fighting games, I'd probably say include in a list,

Super Smash Bros, Guilty Gear, and Killer Instinct. The honourable mentions in this list include: Marvel VS Capcom 3, Injustice, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (Probably the first 'traditional' fighting game I ever bought, and have loved so much. Tatsunoko V Capcom 2 when...? :(), Pokkén, and lastly King of Fighters.

3: My three least favourite things about fighters:
-When the gameplay isn't providing enough fun/entertainment for either myself or another player
-If the characters are poorly done (Case in point, Patroklos from Soul Calibur V)
-If the characters that you wanted to see in the game don't appear at all, then it does feel a bit of a let-down to see them absent. This is more true for some series as opposed to others, but I still think that keeping a steady balance of newcomers/veterans is important.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sorry, but if you couldn't see the signs that he was gay through out his history as a character you're either a straight man who doesn't pick up on the signs or just were missing them, because they were there. He's a classic case of a gay man trying hard to be in relationships while having subtle signs that he was in fact gay and that was why.

Emma Frost was once even in his mind years prior to this and taunted him about it. Most of it is all in the way his relationships and friendships with male characters was portrayed and handled. In particular when he and Cannonball were on the same team together.

This wasn't a publicity stunt, you just missed the small subtle details.

I'll agree with you that Jean outing him the way she did was bull**** though.
Well maybe. But me being straight wouldn't mean I can't pick up on signs. I read more into it as him having pre-conceptions of what a gay person was like and him not wanting to be that. Not because he was gay himself, but for irony that a mutant would be judgmental to something a person wouldn't have control over. Not to mention, many of those signs didn't appear until, I think....the 90's. That's well after his initial creation. Think a teenager who isn't actually gay, but is paranoid that they might be. That's how I saw it. Still, since he's been shown having a healthy relationship with a woman or two, I think him being completely gay doesn't work entirely. If they had to make a stance on it, make him bisexual.

Though with Emma, she taunts people for everything, she even did something similar to Thor because he's a Norse guy shaves his face.

At the very least, even if we can't agree completely, with can both agree that Jean is an asshole for laying out a person's business.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I knew comics were **** when decided there were three Jokers, resetting universes and selling your marriage to the devil

Comics suck.

It why I only like animated adaptations like 90s X-Men, DCAU, Spectacular Spider-Man, Teen Titans and Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Generalizations suck FeelsBadMan

The fact that we had Avengers EMH, then we got Avengers Assemble right after that makes me feel disappointed :ohwell:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just saw an online match with a dude managing to stall with a burned Celesteela for +60 turns, the opponent was another Celesteela, the battle ended when the first one started to Struggle lol.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just saw an online match with a dude managing to stall with a burned Celesteela for +60 turns, the opponent was another Celesteela, the battle ended when the first one started to Struggle lol.
That sounds like a ban to ubers

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So...

To kind of play off the current topic...

To those of you that play fighting games, any kind of fighting games...

What are your three favorite things about them?

What are your three favorite fighting games?

What are your three least favorite things about them?
I've played Smash Bros (obv), Touhou's fighting games (Touhou Hisoutensoku in particular), and Street Fighter IV.

Favourite things are pretty much the large and colourful cast and the games are honestly fun to play, whether fun or with others.

What I don't like is really that I can't perform a lot of the complicated inputs (I used to have trouble doing even half and quarter circles, even).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently England is deploying some dragoons to poland to help against Russian aggression

Dragoons, which to my knowledge are infantry that rode into battle on horseback but specialized in switching to foot. Named after dragons because their weapon of choice, the Blunderbuss

Blunderbuss wielding horseback riders

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Apparently England is deploying some dragoons to poland to help against Russian aggression

Dragoons, which to my knowledge are infantry that rode into battle on horseback but specialized in switching to foot. Named after dragons because their weapon of choice, the Blunderbuss

You're wrong, they're sending knights with giant spears to jump on everyone

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Assassin's Creed.
Hm, despite having AC: Rogue and enjoying it TO DEATH for more than one reason (but mainly because of Shay :love:) , I would LOVE to do the very first Assassin's Creed game with Altair, despite it having its limitations and having a character that I'm not much into in comparison, I was hoping that Ubisoft gave it for its 30th Anniversary like it did with the Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, but it hasn't happened. If December's title isn't that game, I'm going to be sad.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Why are we going back to Napoleonic times suddenly?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Generalizations suck FeelsBadMan

The fact that we had Avengers EMH, then we got Avengers Assemble right after that makes me feel disappointed :ohwell:
That's how I felt about Ultimate Spider-Man after Spectaular Spider-Man got canned. It did get a few cool episodes, a few.

But that's how it is with comics, ignore the crap stories and read the good ones.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True, he almost got to Moscow. But that's what caused him to overstretch his supply lines that ultimately led to his defeat in the Battle of Leipzig though.
Well, think of it this way

Winter is coming in less than a month

And as the saying goes "Always invade Russia during the Winter"

works every time

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

* Uncharted (Currently still playing the first game in the trilogy)

* Dishonored 1 and Neptunia are currently in my cart on Steam alongside Octodad, so those could provide some jumps into new series.

* Mass Effect seems interesting as well, and the sale price for the Trilogy on PC seems reasonable, so there's an option to try it out and see if it might get me interested in Andromeda.

* I might consider trying out some of the World War II Call of Duty games, and maybe when the price drops, try out Infinite Warfare/Modern Warfare Remastered, but not just yet.

*The Elder Scrolls is also up for consideration, given Skyrim is a possibility on the Nintendo Switch, so that's pretty likely.

*Lastly, either the Civilisation or Total War games; Civ VI has been doing well, and my dad's a fan of Napoleonic history, so either of these two could be fun.

Though just about two hours ago, my dad nearly fainted and had to be taken to hospital. He's in good care now, and he's probably just going to stay the night there to make sure that he's alright and determine what could have been the cause of what happened. Going through Steam and Origins helps to keep my mind off it, so I'm a bit relaxed knowing that dad is probably being well looked after.

I'll be off to finalise some of those digital purchases now, then I'll probably get back to working on a hypothetical Decidueye moveset after dinner.

And how coincidental we're now discussing Napoleon. :p I'll take my leave now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I certainly hope those Dragoons are of the Magma variety.

The main issue with the Ultimate show is how it's NOTHING like the namesake comics
Would've been TOO hype. Children couldn't handle it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

My group didn't do their parts correctly.

As in they didn't read the darn instructions.

If I straight up did their part (correctly) would they be mad at me?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I now have Serperior from GTS, but it's not Contrary

I wish you could see abilities over the GTS

D

Deleted member

Can someone help me building a team for the battle tree? I tried it today with my E4 team and failed miserably.
I thought of 2 team member already, which are BB Greninja (though I still need my friend to trade me a Timid one) and
Buzzwole
But I still don't know what the third member will be, what their EV spread will be like,
Buzzwole's moveset
, and so on, and I have no expirience in competitive Pokemon battles so I can't plan these stuff myself.
Also, is this Moveset for BB Greninja good?
-Scald
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Water Shuriken

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are HA even legal for them yet?

Our boy is perfection
There was a problem fetching the tweet
IDK actually.

I just figured it was because Serebii included it on the list

Can Radar pokemon summon allies?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hm, despite having AC: Rogue and enjoying it TO DEATH for more than one reason (but mainly because of Shay :love:) , I would LOVE to do the very first Assassin's Creed game with Altair, despite it having its limitations and having a character that I'm not much into in comparison, I was hoping that Ubisoft gave it for its 30th Anniversary like it did with the Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, but it hasn't happened. If December's title isn't that game, I'm going to be sad.
As much as I've wanted to, and as much as I've restrained myself from wiki-diving it to sustain some of the suspense, mostly I just haven't had a setup that I've wanted to play it on, or the moment to do so, for some time. Similar story with most of that list - Kingdom Hearts aside, as in its case I've never had the console at all.

Good news is the setup will not need to wait much longer. New graphics card for my PC comes in the next few days, and then it moves downstairs to join my flatscreen and let loose the fury of my Steam library.

Though by this measure, the less good news is the list of games also queued up beside it. I'll figure some kind of order out.

Our boy is perfection
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Aight.

Little stiff, but aight.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The Useless Thing that Never Dies //
SUICIDE CUCUMBER (Pyukumuku) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Soak
- Protect

Description // You send it in, it sits there, it toxics, then it heals up and spam protect. The EVs are meant to give great mixed bulk (It lives a Crit LO STAB Draco Meteor from a Kingdra and Shadow Ball from Aegislash, among other things) in the hopes that it can actually do something. It can also PP Stall choiced things!
I want a Pyukumuku again now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom