• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To bring up some less depressing things. Let me just say how much I love the song "You're Welcome" from Moana
The up-beat tone, The Rock's surprisingly good singing voice, and the actual animation in the movie along with the music (not posting that because spoilers).
It reminded me just how much I love Disney movies.
This is excellent.

Damn, The Rock has The Voice.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well, the Nintendo Switch is the best chance for Amiibo to get a second wind anyway, due to original model 3DS systems requiring a peripheral to get them to work and the Wii U not selling all that much or capturing the casual audience.

Nintendo will need to handle things delicately in the future to keep it going. People won't buy a game they don't want just because it has Amiibo, that's already been shown. Nintendo needs to keep making games people want just because they're good games and then slip in optional Amiibo content that wouldn't exist otherwise rather than stripping games of content and then doling it out via Amiibo.

And if Amiibo eventually die. . .hopefully the new features and crossover content they'll leave behind won't die with them. I'd like it if they created a legacy of slipping in a little extra. Things like bonus skins in Woolly World/Federation Force are fine to leave behind once it's done since they're pretty much just recolors, but stuff like the extra content in Style Savvy and Animal Crossing and the trainable NPCs in Smash Bros would be nice to see integrated without strings into their games once toys-to-life has run it's course.
Case example: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Party.

Amiibo was specifically created just to be compatible with the game with little in mind for Happy Home Designer and New Life at the time (Now they have compatibility for the latter thanks to the update). Maybe if the game didn't have so much bad press or negativity, people would have forgiven the game and the Amiibo would have sold more than they did. And to be honest, having them compatible with New Leaf first would have been a much better way to handle it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Perhaps that could have worked. Sounds much better than what actually happened. I could buy him being bisexual, but not entirely gay, given his history with female heroes like Polaris. Him acting differently because of his being gay is even worse. As if gay people have to act a certain way.

But above all else, I hate gimmicky and political reasons for changing characters, especially when done by someone who didn't even create that character.
I only care if it's handled realistically. I assume by history it's very clear he was happy in a heterosexual way and that this isn't a new universe. If it's not clear if he was truly happy about it, then the change comes off as jarring. I can tell out right that people can hide their true feelings pretty well. My only issue is the stereotypes being overplayed in a poor fashion. That does bother me, being bisexual, as well as my brother being gay. They did not handle the change well, which is the key issue. Of course he could be gay all alone. It's not that unrealistic. Problem is, it was handled super poorly.

Fair point. But it still feels cheap. Especially since you end up getting rid of a character who was gay since his inception, if I'm not mistaken. Again, gimmicky and political changes rub me the wrong way.
New universe. Never expect the exact same thing. It's only when it's done poorly that there's a reason problem. People need to realize that alternate universe characters are easily different and should not be treated like the other version of the character in any way. That doesn't mean it's handled well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To bring up some less depressing things. Let me just say how much I love the song "You're Welcome" from Moana
The up-beat tone, The Rock's surprisingly good singing voice, and the actual animation in the movie along with the music (not posting that because spoilers).
It reminded me just how much I love Disney movies.
Sing for me more, Dwane, sing me to sleep
I hate gimmicky and political reasons for changing characters
I thought I was the only one that didnt like it when people do that

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well I just spent over an hour in a battle trying to steal a Razor Claw from Hakamo-os. Still no luck, even with Compound Eyes.
I think I'll try and find a Jangmo-o that calls in Kommo-o to get one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Case example: Animal Crossing: Amiibo Party.

Amiibo was specifically created just to be compatible with the game with little in mind for Happy Home Designer and New Life at the time (Now they have compatibility for the latter thanks to the update). Maybe if the game didn't have so much bad press or negativity, people would have forgiven the game and the Amiibo would have sold more than they did. And to be honest, having them compatible with New Leaf first would have been a much better way to handle it.
Having a game entirely virtually reliant on Amiibo seems like a bad idea anyway, especially for a franchise like Animal Crossing. Skylander/Disney Infinity and Lego Dimentions at least have the excuse of characters from multiple vastly different series coming together. Animal Crossing Amiibo Party was just it says on the box. While the function is there Extra do-dads on you games aren't always the best choice.

Maybe if they did a Mario Party(and I mean GOOD Mario Party)styled game, but with the Smash Roster and a few other Amiibo, it could work. It has to have a wide enough appeal to succeed, is what I'm saying.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Having a game entirely virtually reliant on Amiibo seems like a bad idea anyway, especially for a franchise like Animal Crossing. Skylander/Disney Infinity and Lego Dimentions at least have the excuse of characters from multiple vastly different series coming together. Animal Crossing Amiibo Party was just it says on the box. While the function is there Extra do-dads on you games aren't always the best choice.

Maybe if they did a Mario Party(and I mean GOOD Mario Party)styled game, but with the Smash Roster and a few other Amiibo, it could work. It has to have a wide enough appeal to succeed, is what I'm saying.
The thing about Happy Home is you dont need Amiibos. you can get every villager without the cards

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I want to start a discussion topic regarding a certain element of Sun and Moon's plot.

I would only answer these questions if you've beaten the game.

These questions relate to the main villains in Sun and Moon: Guzma and Lusamine

1) What is your opinion about Guzma and Lusamine? Do you like either of them or both? Do you hate either of them or both? Do you think they are well-written villains?

2) Where would you personally rank Guzma and Lusamine in your favorite main series Pokemon villains list?

3) Who do you think is the more insane and cruel villain: Ghetsis or Lusamine?
1 and 2) Guzma is somewhere in the middle, he's given some depth and he has some memorable moments in the game, but he could've used a bit more screentime to himself as appearing at the third island limited the amount of time he had to himself before Lusamine took center stage. I think having his first appearance on Akala, even if it's just a speaking role, would've helped him get more breathing room and time in the spotlight.

Lusamine also could've benefitted from more time, but she really does make the most of what she's given as even before the reveal the scene after beating UB-01 gives an unsettling and threatening feeling and that gets ramped up the more we see of her. Her relationship with her children is also decently handled considering we don't get to see much of their past, and we do get a feel for how an originally loving mother was corrupted by her grief and lost herself to an obsession. In a way, she's kind of like Queen Zeal if we were given more depth to the obsession and the effects of that on a personal level. With Zeal, we get to see the consequences of her actions and how much they affect things on the world stage, but we don't get as much from things such as her relationship with her children, which limits her scope as a villain with a more personal relationship. With Lusamine, we do get to see the effects on the world stage, but a lot of it is more on the personal element as we get more of her past as a good person for a reference point before her fall into madness, we get a better understanding of said fall, and we see how it effects those around her such as Lillie and Gladion. I think those personal elements work to Lusamine's benefit as since we get to know Lillie more as a character, we get to feel more for her plight and want to help her get her mother back from her madness, which makes her place as a villain more unique since there's a hint of tragedy to her situation.

So despite some of her flaws, I'd still rate her very highly among Pokémon's villains, she's a definite threat, but she's given elements that help showcase her transformation into that threat with a little more attention given to the personal element she has with the other characters. I feel that makes her a very interesting character as a result since it's a place that's not as much delved into with the other villains and gives her a neat place among the rest of Pokémon's villainous roster.

3) Lusamine at her most obsessive is pretty insane, she's willing to do anything to be with the object of her obsession even if it hurts her children and the rest of the region in the process, but she's not completely herself either and some of those actions could be excused to an extent. Ghetsis was a cruel and despicable man through and through, he didn't just abuse N, he manipulated him, tormented him all in the quest for power and the effects it had on N definitely left scars that the character had to heal from. Additionally, his treatment of others is just as bad as his Hydreigon has Frustration (which hints at a negative relationship between him and his Pokémon) and Kyurem suffered under him, showing that the depths he was willing to go didn't just extend to N and he was more then willing to hurt others if it met the goals he was trying to achieve. So Ghetsis is still probably the worst of the Pokémon villains in his cruelty, and even Lusamine with her psychological abuse doesn't match him in that regard.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Thing is that Mania will probably be a bit and will be a new subseries for Sonic especially considering Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic have become somewhat of different characters

Boom was doomed from the start thanks to Rise of Lyric and the questionable choices for designs.

Plus it's mostly flanderized characters being made fun of for their tropes like Knuckles being dumb taken to the extreme, Sonic being a grade-A asshole and Amy's crush on Sonic abeilt toned down

It was gonna fail because Sonic didn't need something like Boom at all. Especially after how Generations, Colors and All Star Transformed did, Boom just ruined everything for everyone

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Plus let's be honest, Amiibo Festival was at best okay.
It was a kinda Mario Party that did its job but that's about it.

I don't think people are in the wrong when they say it's not that good. I do agree that they should've at least started with building a solid foundation with New Leaf/Happy Home Designer like they're doing now.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sing for me more, Dwane, sing me to sleep

I thought I was the only one that didnt like it when people do that
Hardly. Most people don't like changes like that, and usually for the good reasons. But like with everything, there's some bad eggs too. But when a rare replacement/change that is good happens, people will let you know.

It's just that the media will say that the audience is bigoted if we don't eat up every progressive choice.

I'm only biased against ****ty writing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
President Ivysaur is back.

Hope you guys are excited for the Holiday Season! :ivysaur:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone notice they actually made X items worth using? They increase stats 2 stages now instead of one

X Attack, instant sword dance.

For those playing in game. Of course they can't be used online

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, uh... I was trying to hatch for an Abra that had Adamant with Synchronize, and on the second egg I hatch, I got a shiny one with Impish and Inner Focus.

watisgoingon

If you guys are curious, this was with a regular Abra and an American Ditto (so I was not using the Masuda Method).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, uh... I was trying to hatch for an Abra that had Adamant with Synchronize, and on the second egg I hatch, I got a Shiny one.

watisgoingon

If you guys are curious, this was with a regular Abra and an American Ditto (so I was not using the Masuda Method).
I've been Masuda method breeding all day, I filled 3 boxes full of pokemon and no shiny

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just don't like modern party games period.

Recent Mario Party games are to blame to killing all interest I had in them. And considering my experiences with Tamagachi Party On and One Piece Pirates Carnival (At least it wasn't Sonic Shuffle), I was not feeling Amiibo Party the slightest.

At least I can give credit to the amount of care they put into the Animal Crossing Amiibos' designs though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Thing is that Mania will probably be a bit and will be a new subseries for Sonic especially considering Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic have become somewhat of different characters

Boom was doomed from the start thanks to Rise of Lyric and the questionable choices for designs.

Plus it's mostly flanderized characters being made fun of for their tropes like Knuckles being dumb taken to the extreme, Sonic being a grade-A ******* and Amy's crush on Sonic abeilt toned down

It was gonna fail because Sonic didn't need something like Boom at all. Especially after how Generations, Colors and All Star Transformed did, Boom just ruined everything for everyone
I wouldn't mind having more classic games after Mania, assuming it doesn't become stale to point were it feels like Sonic's New Super Mario Bros.

With that said, I'm honestly not a fan of how SEGA now considers Modern and Classic as separate characters. They're the same characters just with a difference in age/design.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wouldn't mind having more classic games after Mania, assuming it doesn't become stale to point were it feels like Sonic's New Super Mario Bros.

With that said, I'm honestly not a fan of how SEGA now considers Modern and Classic as separate characters. They're the same characters just with a difference in age/design.
I don't hate it but it does irk me too.

Ain't like it's gonna be the worst

T H A T S W H A T Y O U T H I N K
I guess they don't need 2 terms then

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well Ive been seeing people left and right say they have been getting shinys like crazy. Mostly people here. or maybe Im just cracking up
If you chain SOS battle it increases the chance a pokemon will be shiny, so it's probably easier to run into a shiny if you are will to chain in the 100's.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
OH COME ON! I couldn't even steal a Razor Claw off a Kommo-o.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The thing about Happy Home is you dont need Amiibos. you can get every villager without the cards
Is that so? Then I apologize for my mistake. Still, the appeal of multiple franchises would have helped a game that focused on Amiibo. Particularly those already made.

President Ivysaur is back.

Hope you guys are excited for the Holiday Season! :ivysaur:
It was weird not seeing you with an Ivysaur avatar.

I just don't like modern party games period.

Recent Mario Party games are to blame to killing all interest I had in them. And considering my experiences with Tamagachi Party On and One Piece Pirates Carnival (At least it wasn't Sonic Shuffle), I was not feeling Amiibo Party the slightest.

At least I can give credit to the amount of care they put into the Animal Crossing Amiibos' designs though.
The recent Mario Party games have been pretty lame. Taking away from the competitive aspect greatly. Which I know sounds weird at first. It's obviously not competitive in the same way as Street Fighter or Counter Strike. But Mario Party has that same feeling that Monopoly or any board game has. The only good thing about Mario Party 10 was being able to screw people over with Bowser. But even then, the lack of competition between other players lowers the fun factor. Like instead of everyone working together to stop Bowser, it's every plumber, mushroom, princess and animal for themselves. And if that means screwing over one player to act as a sacrifice for Bowser, that's fine. It also has more strategy on Bowser's end, if you need to take down someone in particular.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Is that so? Then I apologize for my mistake. Still, the appeal of multiple franchises would have helped a game that focused on Amiibo. Particularly those already made.
Thats understandable. Although Amiibo party isn't that bad personally . It does its job, its a party game

The hate from it more so comes from people really really REALLY wanting a new AC game and not being able to take whats given

I mean, I really really really want a new AC game to, but I'll gladly take what nintendo gives me because I know I dont always get what I want

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
@Akxareth I just saw the Sylvie comparison for KOF IXV v1.10, and damn this game is going to look good.

SNK coming through though.
Did they show off Terry with the new update? I only saw Kyo. I'm not super into KOF, but Terry was the one character I liked, every since CvS2.

Thats understandable. Although Amiibo party isn't that bad personally . It does its job, its a party game

The hate from it more so comes from people really really REALLY wanting a new AC game and not being able to take whats given
Given that AC is a fairly big franchise for Nintendo, I would understand the disappointment in a lack of a main Wii-U title. If they know what they're doing for the switch, a follow-up to New Leaf should be early down the line.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Did they show off Terry with the new update? I only saw Kyo. I'm not super into KOF, but Terry was the one character I liked, every since CvS2.

Given that AC is a fairly big franchise for Nintendo, I would understand the disappointment in a lack of a main Wii-U title. If they know what they're doing for the switch, a follow-up to New Leaf should be early down the line.
They haven't as far as I'm aware, but I'm hoping they do before PSX this weekend.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I just got done with the first seasons of each of the CW DC shows. By God.

I know super hero movies and shows are cheesy and melodramatic to a point but these shows take it to the extreme. I feel like I'm watching an actual Disney channel show. Arrow is the least offender of both. It's not bad. The Flash is Uber ****ing cheesy and Supergirl is incredibly melodramatic. Like the shows aren't bad. Far from it actually, there all pretty good. I just can't go through an episode without having a cringe attack.

I haven't watched Legends of Tomorrow but uh, I heard it's the weakest of them all so I might just skip it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
small update
Niflheim
since I can't have a certain other pokemon yet I'll have to settle with Igloo mouse, not that I'm complaining I could use a Steel type...just need to watch for those Fire and Fighting types...No Blazikens please...

BTW....Has anyone taken on Nugget Bridge yet in their playthroughs? It's a nice little throwback...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, I just got done with the first seasons of each of the CW DC shows. By God.

I know super hero movies and shows are cheesy and melodramatic to a point but these shows take it to the extreme. I feel like I'm watching an actual Disney channel show. Arrow is the least offender of both. It's not bad. The Flash is Uber ****ing cheesy and Supergirl is incredibly melodramatic. Like the shows aren't bad. Far from it actually, there all pretty good. I just can't go through an episode without having a cringe attack.

I haven't watched Legends of Tomorrow but uh, I heard it's the weakest of them all so I might just skip it.
I do enjoy the Flash on when I watch it from time to time. I think it suffers the least from the cheesiness since Barry can be a goofball in the comics.

But I wish they could go one episode without giving at least 3 speeches. Not all the jokes land either. But since some fights workout well enough, I can't say I hate the show either. Though I feel the Flash is one of those Heroes that would benefit far more from a cartoon than a live action series. Green Arrow or Daredevil works since the characters are a little more grounded.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hell Yeah! I just traded a Drampa for a Cyndaquil!

Need to raise it up, perhaps I'll have it on a team

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright, I got a question for you guys.

What game franchises have you not played much, but would like to get more into?

For me, I'd say either Castlevania or Mega Man Battle Network(since I mostly play the Classic and MMX series). I'm also interested in getting more familiar with Street Fighter, since I only really played a lot of SF2 and Alpha 1, and had vague memories of the EX games as a kid. Everything else, I've only dabbled into.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Alright, I got a question for you guys.

What game franchises have you not played much, but would like to get more into?

For me, I'd say either Castlevania or Mega Man Battle Network(since I mostly play the Classic and MMX series). I'm also interested in getting more familiar with Street Fighter, since I only really played a lot of SF2 and Alpha 1, and had vague memories of the EX games as a kid. Everything else, I've only dabbled into.
Ironically KOF

Because I've only played Capcom vs SNK 2 and Gauro Mark of the Wolf on XBLA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom