• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All this Power Stone talk got me thinking, what if Capcom decides to give us two reps (both Edward and Rouge)? Sure that may be biased, but more unique characters is never a problem.

Hell, even the anime ships them. Having both should be enough to satisfy both factions in a perfect world. Too bad that obscure Capcom series never get more than two reps in a Versus title unless they are named Darkstalkers.
They're pretty much the Morrigan and Demitri of Darkstalkers. Note, that Falcon is Morrigan in this case, the main hero, and Rouge is Demitri, the second most notable.

Killer Instinct actually has a similar issue. Fulgore is the face of the series till the reboot. Notably, he was the only face of the main regular characters available. On the Gameboy and SNES version, he literally has his face on the cover. Jago got his face on the reboot, and it's obvious he was the main hero.However, he never got promoted either. The N64 version, the official Killer Instinct II home console edition, is actually one with Gargos' face on it. Once the reboot happened, they promoted him more. b. Orchid is the last most notable, as the secondary hero of the franchise.

Jago is closer to how Rouge is in this case. Fulgore is Falcon when it comes to the most important overall character/face of the franchise. Things changed, obviously, for KI. Falcon is still the main face of Power Stone.

I am aware that Power Stone doesn't have a 3rd super notable character in the way KI does. The face of a franchise can change, of course. So yes, it's possible Rouge could become the ace, but she has not, yes, as that's still Falcon. FYI, Rouge is still like Demetri, immensely key to the story, but not the face. It wouldn't be fair to compare her to Felicia, who is simply just popular. Canonically, she's not even a real hero and was fine with stealing souls too. She's just one of the less evil characters. Did you know that Lord Raptor himself was quite willing to help save the planet as well, to take down the only true evil in the original and only movie/OVA? There's only two real true villains in Darkstalkers anyway. Jedah and Pyron are the main villains of the series. Do note that B.B. Hood and Lilith are notable bad guys, as the first one is a cold-blooded killer that even Dimitri scoffs at, as he has standards, while the other is Morrigan's evil side, but turned "not evil" later.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So...

To kind of play off the current topic...

To those of you that play fighting games, any kind of fighting games...

What are your three favorite things about them?

What are your three favorite fighting games?

What are your three least favorite things about them?
Three things I like about fighting games:

1. I love the 1v1 aspect of them. Whether win or lose, I can always find something about myself to improve in some manner. There's a certain amount of intimacy in the action too. FGs can be really expressive at times. I just got off playing almost 50 games straight of ST with a friend

2. Generally speaking fighting games have really cool character designs. Some of my favorite characters come from the genre.

3. Lastly, watching high level play is one of personal favorite things and the community has tons of cool people in there.

I started to get more serious about the genre around 2009 with SFIV and have been going strong since. Even though I'm still mediocre at them, they are a major part of my life now and I'm glad for it.

My personal favorite three games are

Tastunoko vs Capcom
Guilty Gear
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike/Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Least Favorite things:

1. I have poor execution still, so sometimes that can be a problem.

2. I can only really play online since I have no real scene around. Online can a be rough place with lag and all that.

3. Lastly sometime losing can be painful. I have had some bad losses at times. I pull through in the end.

This video is a real nice one on that subject actually.

Last edited:
Funny thing here, This Deadpool book has him do the Great Saiyaman pose.

Great Saiyaman is the ****. Gohan actually went and saved the average joes when some world-ending **** WASN'T going down. Aside from Goku from time to time, no one else really did that.
wtf slapstick was supposed to be a part of the Initiative. I mean i know he almoat killed a guy but i didnt expect him to go merc

Gohan and saiyaman were both awesome. I miss loving DBZ like i did as a kid. . .
:061:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
wtf slapstick was supposed to be a part of the Initiative. I mean i know he almoat killed a guy but i didnt expect him to go merc

Gohan and saiyaman were both awesome. I miss loving DBZ like i did as a kid. . .
I'm pretty sure Initiative is over by now.....seems like something Norman would've disbanded as soon as hammer took over.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They're pretty much the Morrigan and Demitri of Darkstalkers. Note, that Falcon is Morrigan in this case, the main hero, and Rouge is Demitri, the second most notable.

Killer Instinct actually has a similar issue. Fulgore is the face of the series till the reboot. Notably, he was the only face of the main regular characters available. On the Gameboy and SNES version, he literally has his face on the cover. Jago got his face on the reboot, and it's obvious he was the main hero.However, he never got promoted either. The N64 version, the official Killer Instinct II home console edition, is actually one with Gargos' face on it. Once the reboot happened, they promoted him more. b. Orchid is the last most notable, as the secondary hero of the franchise.

Jago is closer to how Rouge is in this case. Fulgore is Falcon when it comes to the most important overall character/face of the franchise. Things changed, obviously, for KI. Falcon is still the main face of Power Stone.

I am aware that Power Stone doesn't have a 3rd super notable character in the way KI does. The face of a franchise can change, of course. So yes, it's possible Rouge could become the ace, but she has not, yes, as that's still Falcon. FYI, Rouge is still like Demetri, immensely key to the story, but not the face. It wouldn't be fair to compare her to Felicia, who is simply just popular. Canonically, she's not even a real hero and was fine with stealing souls too. She's just one of the less evil characters. Did you know that Lord Raptor himself was quite willing to help save the planet as well, to take down the only true evil in the original and only movie/OVA? There's only two real true villains in Darkstalkers anyway. Jedah and Pyron are the main villains of the series. Do note that B.B. Hood and Lilith are notable bad guys, as the first one is a cold-blooded killer that even Dimitri scoffs at, as he has standards, while the other is Morrigan's evil side, but turned "not evil" later.
I would argue that Spinal was also a face for KI back in the day, he was advertised almost as much as Fulgore for the arcade cabinets. I think him and Fulgore are the faces for the series, even if Jago was the main character. Kind of like how Scorpion and Sub-Zero are for Mortal Kombat, yet the two are almost never the main heroes, usually staying in support roles.

Though my favorites for Killer Instinct were TJ Combo and Sabrewulf. Maya's new design is ****ing fantastic though. And many of the new character keep the spirit of the older games while being fresh. Hisako and Aganos come to mind for that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Assassination classroom is a gold anime. I just finished it and I must say...
I didn't cry that much since a long time (I cried during the whole 2 last episodes) . Koro Sensei is the best...
Why did he had to die.

I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Great Comedy Anime.
Ayy you love Assassination Classroom too?

Karma is best boy

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Toys-to-life as it's generally handled doesn't strike me as that sustainable.

Eventually people get tired or run out of money to buy new toys, and in Skylander's case more and more gimmicks seemed to pile up from the perspective of an outsider. . .

Nintendo does seem to release different models of the same thing sometimes as a form of restocking and just let features pile up, though, so who knows how that will go.

Having every toy do something a little different with stuff like the Zelda Amiibo seems like it will be a bit of a bursting bubble. Whether Nintendo can keep their own toys-to-life business going by luring in new customers instead of simply spearing eventually used up whales is the bigger question. Perhaps the market got flooded with too many toys-to-life programs and with some of them crumpling the others will have more room to survive. Who knows.
Whenever I go to a Wal-Mart, Target, etc. The Toys-to-Life section looks more and more cluttered. They all seem to be competing for who has the most shelf-space.

Assuming the rumor is true, we'll only have LEGO Dimensions and amiibo, meaning the consumer won't be too overwhelmed with how many Toys-to-Life games there are.

The genre does seem to be dying, but I can see it lasting for a few more years.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some more news of things getting the axe.

I trust it a lot less compared to Liam's Skylanders report, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being true.

According to a member on the Sonic Stadium Message Boards who claims to have a source, SEGA of Japan is ready to pull the plug on Sonic Boom after the second season ends, not just the TV show, but the subseries as a whole. Here's the summary.
Again, this is just a rumor, not even one from someone like Liam Robertson. But it was something I wanted to bring up anyway, because even if this guy is totally BSing it, I would not be surprised if this was going through SEGA of Japan's heads as I type this.

And to be honest, if true, I won't exactly miss Sonic Boom. I enjoyed Fire and Ice and I do like the TV show, but the subseries did more harm than it did good.
Please no. Will the cartoon be gone too? If so, I dont want this to happen
I love the cartoon

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Dragon Ball and DBZ are still one of my favorite things ever. But everything after that varies in quality. Gohan and Vegeta were always my favorites.

DB Super has its moments, but that's about it. It needs to stop sandbagging virtually everyone who isn't Goku, as much as I like him. Even Vegeta gets sandbagged still.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dragon Ball and DBZ are still one of my favorite things ever. But everything after that varies in quality. Gohan and Vegeta were always my favorites.

DB Super has its moments, but that's about it. It needs to stop sandbagging virtually everyone who isn't Goku, as much as I like him. Even Vegeta gets sandbagged still.
What do you mean by sandbagging?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Some more news of things getting the axe.

I trust it a lot less compared to Liam's Skylanders report, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being true.

According to a member on the Sonic Stadium Message Boards who claims to have a source, SEGA of Japan is ready to pull the plug on Sonic Boom after the second season ends, not just the TV show, but the subseries as a whole. Here's the summary.
Again, this is just a rumor, not even one from someone like Liam Robertson. But it was something I wanted to bring up anyway, because even if this guy is totally BSing it, I would not be surprised if this was going through SEGA of Japan's heads as I type this.

And to be honest, if true, I won't exactly miss Sonic Boom. I enjoyed Fire and Ice and I do like the TV show, but the subseries did more harm than it did good.
Honestly with the reception, the show is the least pull-plug-worthy thing about the subseries. The whole thing looked like a poorly thought out idea from the concept art onward, and the show more just worked with the hand it was dealt.

I wish they would look for another TV show idea to launch, but X to Boom was already by far the longest gap between Sonic shows SEGA's had and they probably won't be that interested in another right away after the last one got them disapproval from the network. . .

SEGA may get a ton of approval for doing/allowing things Nintendo won't, but SEGA's biggest problem has always been their disconnect between branches and judging by this that's apparently still going on to a degree.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Very interesting thoughts on fighting games guys.

If you had to say some things you want from our fighting game, what would it be?

Same thing as your favorites?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would argue that Spinal was also a face for KI back in the day, he was advertised almost as much as Fulgore for the arcade cabinets. I think him and Fulgore are the faces for the series, even if Jago was the main character. Kind of like how Scorpion and Sub-Zero are for Mortal Kombat, yet the two are almost never the main heroes, usually staying in support roles.

Though my favorites for Killer Instinct were TJ Combo and Sabrewulf. Maya's new design is ****ing fantastic though. And many of the new character keep the spirit of the older games while being fresh. Hisako and Aganos come to mind for that.
I'm talking about the more notable home console releases. They had more characters on the arcade cabinets, but those aren't nearly as memorable as the SNES and N64 versions. Arcade Cabinets are known for having multiple characters on them.

Keep in mind that in general, older gamers put the main character on the cover. Fulgore was the only one to get on more than two covers, so it's arguable he was the true main character of the series. Nonetheless, they did finally promote Jago correctly, like he should've been from the start.

Also, in Deception, Scorpion was intended to be the canon hero of Mortal Kombat. Unfortunately the Gods suck and purposely screwed up his wish. Likewise, Johnny Cage sometimes acts as the main hero, and Sub-Zero is the main hero of his own game. It's kind of split among 4 characters more than anything.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

What happened to everyone?

Please tell me NightCrawler and Colossus are still cool.
For the most part.

Colossus has had some...iffy times lately himself. What with once being the host of the Juggernaut powers, and being on X-Force and screwing Domino, and having to deal with his sister being a looney magic skank. Otherwise he's pretty close to himself, hopefully X-Men: Gold will get him past his ''Woe is me" gritty days completely.

Chrono.

So Skylanders and Sonic Boom may be dying?

I'm surprised about the former, considering it was responsible for popularizing the whole toys-to-life genre recently. If this is true, then that would mean both Disney Infinity AND Skylanders are dead. That just leaves... LEGO Dimension and amiibo (if you can even count that). I can see amiibo lasting far more since they're directly rooted to video games and are much flexible to use and LEGO is huge so that is probably not dying any time soon.

I'm not too surprised about Sonic Boom. Between the terrible rep of Rise of Lyric (I'd even say this game was the biggest reason Boom was DoA), the cancelled comic books and the actually good show that gets shafted HARD by Cartoon Network, it was only a matter of time tbh. Granted, it could probably all BS, but I don't think unfeasible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What do you mean by sandbagging?
Ignoring or underusing characters mostly. There's plenty of examples in a lot of shows, but I'll keep it to DBS.

Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin come to mind for most, given how prominent they were during their debuts in the comic book. Though in Vegeta's case, it's more along the lines not letting him win anything, despite no longer being as arrogant as he used to be, and being near equal with Goku.

Goten also gets sandbagged, but Goten never really did anything on his own anyway, so I don't care as much when it comes to him.

The silver lining is that there's some hints to Gohan and Piccolo doing some stuff later on, but that's hardly anything concrete.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The worst thing about the X-Men books remains that the original 5 remain time displaced. The only good thing to come out of that is Iceman having to face the fact he's gay by seeing his younger self deal with it.

And I guess having Jean Grey back in a way? But young! Jean has nothing on Adult! Jean, who just needs to get her ass out of the White Hot Room already. The worst was when they teased the Phoenix gathering itself back together and everyone thought it was because Jean was ready to appear again, but instead it was all the Avengers vs X-Men stuff with Hope and the Phoenix Five and Cyclops straight up murdering his mentor.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, the greatest loss of Skylanders would probably be Spyro just disappearing completely from the gaming world.

Whereas with Sonic Boom, the cartoon would be the greatest loss. Shame, as if it didn't already have enough problems staying alive what with Cartoon Network trying it's best to kill it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm talking about the more notable home console releases. They had more characters on the arcade cabinets, but those aren't nearly as memorable as the SNES and N64 versions. Arcade Cabinets are known for having multiple characters on them.

Keep in mind that in general, older gamers put the main character on the cover. Fulgore was the only one to get on more than two covers, so it's arguable he was the true main character of the series. Nonetheless, they did finally promote Jago correctly, like he should've been from the start.

Also, in Deception, Scorpion was intended to be the canon hero of Mortal Kombat. Unfortunately the Gods suck and purposely screwed up his wish. Likewise, Johnny Cage sometimes acts as the main hero, and Sub-Zero is the main hero of his own game. It's kind of split among 4 characters more than anything.
Yeah, I know about Sub-Zero's game, even if it did suck. And Scorpion, while intended to be the hero of Deception, still went to Shujinko. Liu Kang was the main man for 4 games and Shaolin Monks with Kung Lao. Johnny Cage was only a hero so he could pass it on to Cassie. And Rayden, who was the main guy for MK vs DC and MK9. Can't forget Taven either, who kind of came out of nowhere. And Jax also had own game, that was gonna be Sonya's at first.

Out of all the franchises, I think Mortal Kombat passes the "main hero" hat around the most.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm a little salty right now...

At this point in the game, Sun exclusive, Turtonator is available in front of the Power Plant....BUT after wandering around for a while and then double checking to see if I was wasting my time, ****ing Moon exclusive, Drampa, isn't available until Mt. Lanakila, THE END OF THE ****ING GAME!!!!!!!...Why?!
This is almost as bad as second Gen when they introduce a new type and most of the new pokemon with that type are not available until post-game...
But they give us a cool new dragon pokemon with a unique typing and only make it available right before you fight the Elite Four....yet it's Sun counterpart is available pretty much at the halfway point of the game...

so now I'm going to have to wing it and find something else to use since I was counting on getting a new team member at this point...
Probably going to pick up an Alolan Sandshrew or something...or do I have to wait until the end of the game to use that as well? smh

On the bright side
Legolas evolved...
Hati
Stalfos
King Louie
I now have a huge weakness to Dark types yay...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, the greatest loss of Skylanders would probably be Spyro just disappearing completely from the gaming world.

Whereas with Sonic Boom, the cartoon would be the greatest loss. Shame, as if it didn't already have enough problems staying alive what with Cartoon Network trying it's best to kill it.
Cartoon Network just don't know how to handle Saturday morning cartoons in general if we look at the Pokemon anime.

It moving away to Disney XD was a good move on the The Pokemon International Company's part.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I know about Sub-Zero's game, even if it did suck. And Scorpion, while intended to be the hero of Deception, still went to Shujinko. Liu Kang was the main man for 4 games and Shaolin Monks with Kung Lao. Johnny Cage was only a hero so he could pass it on to Cassie. And Rayden, who was the main guy for MK vs DC and MK9. Can't forget Taven either, who kind of came out of nowhere. And Jax also had own game, that was gonna be Sonya's at first.

Out of all the franchises, I think Mortal Kombat passes the "main hero" hat around the most.
I forgot about Kung Lao. But to be clear, the Main Hero is not always the Main Character. Darkstalkers plays this straight, but not all games do. Scorpion is quite clearly the main character of the series at this point. But he's rarely the main hero. Killer Instinct is very bad about having a proper main character. They can't even consistently have a face for the console games. I'd say the first three games do present Fulgore as the main character, but the reboot changes it to Jago. Of course, it is still muddy due to the story's weird design. Hence why I say it's arguable.

Ivander

Smash Legend

If you had to say some things you want from our fighting game, what would it be?

The same I want for all my games. Replayability. Can be multiple game modes, can be different ways to play with the characters, can be addictive gameplay, can be different ways to play the game in general. But basically, the stuff and ways that make a person think, "I feel like playing this again. Let's boot it up." or "Man, I wish I didn't trade that game. The "insert gamemode here* was very fun." and etc.

That being said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to check out the game modes on other fighters or games in general, like Soul Calibur 1, 2 and 3, Mortal Kombat, Goldeneye/Perfect Dark, etc. Games like those might help give you ideas for what kind of things you think the gameplay of your game could work with or even give you ideas for your own creative game modes.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

If you don't mind me saying, I respectfully disagree with Iceman turning gay to be a good thing. Both with the character and even MORESO how it was done.

His character was normally portrayed as heterosexual, He had multiple girlfriends throughout his history. And it wasn't a case of not being able to, like with early Northstar, who was always meant to be homosexual. Or Mystique and Daken(though he's hardly a favorite of mine)being bisexual for quite some time.

The way it was done was cheap too, with Jean peering into his mind, going on with some speech with saying "everyone is a little bi", but then saying Bobby was 100% gay anyway. And after he came out, he started acting like the typical gay stereotype, easily the worst part of the whole thing.

Kind of like when they made Alan Scott gay in the New 52, despite the fact that his son, Obsidian, was already a gay superhero. So they willingly got rid of one of the few gay heroes, while making his father, one of the oldest heroes gay for the sake of publicity.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
If you don't mind me saying, I respectfully disagree with Iceman turning gay to be a good thing. Both with the character and even MORESO how it was done.

His character was normally portrayed as heterosexual, He had multiple girlfriends throughout his history. And it wasn't a case of not being able to, like with early Northstar, who was always meant to be homosexual. Or Mystique and Daken(though he's hardly a favorite of mine)being bisexual for quite some time.

The way it was done was cheap too, with Jean peering into his mind, going on with some speech with saying "everyone is a little bi", but then saying Bobby was 100% gay anyway. And after he came out, he started acting like the typical gay stereotype, easily the worst part of the whole thing.

Kind of like when they made Alan Scott gay in the New 52, despite the fact that his son, Obsidian, was already a gay superhero. So they willingly got rid of one of the few gay heroes, while making his father, one of the oldest heroes gay for the sake of publicity.
Didn't they do something like this with catwoman, poison ivy, and harley quinn? Like, all 3 are now bi? The latter I could see, but catwoman.......*sigh*

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

1. A good handful of meaningful game modes. Look to Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat and Smash for that.

2. Good online, if we're talking fighting games, like Killer Instinct.

3. Characters with fun movesets and strong options.

4. Catchy soundtrack, last thing we need is the anti-hype of Injustice's music.

5. Rewarding combo/punish system that hits a good balance of not tedious to learn or brain dead.

6. Cool mobility options, wall jumps, double jumps, dashes, air-dashes ect.

7. Reasonable balance between said characters.

8. A sizable roster that fill most niches. It doesn't need to be a 50 something roster though. But a guy should be able to see a Shoto, Rushdown, Zoner/Keepaway, Grappler, Glass Cannon, Tank, and so on.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
R.I.P. Skylanders.

You know, I was never really a fan of the franchise (and Spyro salt had nothing to do with it). But it would be pretty weird seeing nothing but Amiibo and LEGO Dimensions figures sharing the isle without Disney Infinity or Skylanders figures to keep them company.

Even with the decline of recent sales due to the Animal Crossing series, I still think Amiibo will keep getting stronger within the future now that the Switch will continue what the Wii U did with them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The thing is, if he was gay but was too afraid to come out, but still acted like himself, this wouldn't be so bad. It was poorly written, overall. Him being bi could still feel reasonable. If they didn't really show he was super happy with the heterosexual relationships, for instance. It would be less jarring. Like, it's not impossible to believe he was gay all along. The fact he just suddenly acts way differently isn't realistic. It'd be one thing to make more subtle stereotypical gags now that he'd be comfortable with who he was. But a complete personality change is unrealistic.

As for new 52, I'l be blunt; it's a new universe. Changes are fine as long as they're handled well. Treat them as someone new, even if it's with the same name. This is why alternate universes exist, after all.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
To bring up some less depressing things. Let me just say how much I love the song "You're Welcome" from Moana
The up-beat tone, The Rock's surprisingly good singing voice, and the actual animation in the movie along with the music (not posting that because spoilers).
It reminded me just how much I love Disney movies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So uh... I heard about the whole X-Men/mutant thing.
I'm just gonna contain it.
I'm gonna be honest: If MvC4 takes out X-Men/Mutants, I'll be pissed.

Like how the hell do you have an MvC game without Wolverine? Or Magneto?
It's by far one of their most iconic franchises. It'd be like taking out Captain America, or Hulk.

And I get it. Copyright might have a say in this. That does happen, and this is not the first time something like this has come up. And if that is the case (even with how hard it'll be to swallow) I can least understand.
But I really hope it's not a case where they're pushing out MvC fans in favor of the MCU fans.

Look if you want to introduce MCU characters, that's fine. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Black Widow or Groot. Hell I'm all for it. Just remember the people who made the game popular that's all.

God damn this is gonna be a tough week for MvC.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Didn't they do something like this with catwoman, poison ivy, and harley quinn? Like, all 3 are now bi? The latter I could see, but catwoman.......*sigh*
It's mostly weird with Catwoman, who was hardly interested in anyone other than Batman, and mostly flirted to get what she wanted. But Ivy and Harley were supposed to be hinted at being "more than friends" in the 90's cartoon. For Harley, that's where the character was born, so no complaints from me. I don't know if Ivy had that as a character trait beforehand.

I know Wonder Woman's been bisexual for a while, but was hardly given many love interests.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
R.I.P. Skylanders.

You know, I was never really a fan of the franchise (and Spyro salt had nothing to do with it). But it would be pretty weird seeing nothing but Amiibo and LEGO Dimensions figures sharing the isle without Disney Infinity or Skylanders figures to keep them company.

Even with the decline of recent sales due to the Animal Crossing series, I still think Amiibo will keep getting stronger within the future now that the Switch will continue what the Wii U did with them.
Well, the Nintendo Switch is the best chance for Amiibo to get a second wind anyway, due to original model 3DS systems requiring a peripheral to get them to work and the Wii U not selling all that much or capturing the casual audience.

Nintendo will need to handle things delicately in the future to keep it going. People won't buy a game they don't want just because it has Amiibo, that's already been shown. Nintendo needs to keep making games people want just because they're good games and then slip in optional Amiibo content that wouldn't exist otherwise rather than stripping games of content and then doling it out via Amiibo.

And if Amiibo eventually die. . .hopefully the new features and crossover content they'll leave behind won't die with them. I'd like it if they created a legacy of slipping in a little extra. Things like bonus skins in Woolly World/Federation Force are fine to leave behind once it's done since they're pretty much just recolors, but stuff like the extra content in Style Savvy and Animal Crossing and the trainable NPCs in Smash Bros would be nice to see integrated without strings into their games once toys-to-life has run it's course.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The thing is, if he was gay but was too afraid to come out, but still acted like himself, this wouldn't be so bad. It was poorly written, overall. Him being bi could still feel reasonable. If they didn't really show he was super happy with the heterosexual relationships, for instance. It would be less jarring. Like, it's not impossible to believe he was gay all along. The fact he just suddenly acts way differently isn't realistic. It'd be one thing to make more subtle stereotypical gags now that he'd be comfortable with who he was. But a complete personality change is unrealistic.
Perhaps that could have worked. Sounds much better than what actually happened. I could buy him being bisexual, but not entirely gay, given his history with female heroes like Polaris. Him acting differently because of his being gay is even worse. As if gay people have to act a certain way.

But above all else, I hate gimmicky and political reasons for changing characters, especially when done by someone who didn't even create that character.

As for new 52, I'l be blunt; it's a new universe. Changes are fine as long as they're handled well. Treat them as someone new, even if it's with the same name. This is why alternate universes exist, after all.
Fair point. But it still feels cheap. Especially since you end up getting rid of a character who was gay since his inception, if I'm not mistaken. Again, gimmicky and political changes rub me the wrong way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom