• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Come on now love, let's not discriminate against big robots or else Sentinel will give you a Rocket Punch.
At least there can be different sizes of Sentinels and they aren't piloted. PTX-40A is a pilot-controlled robot. So unless you can get a PTX-40A with a real ******-sized pilot....
That being said, I would like to see a monster from Monster Hunter appear, although I highly doubt it would be Rathalos or it's other similar brethren. A monster like Zinogre, Brachydios, Gore Magala or the new Brute Wyvern would probably be chosen over them, despite Rathalos and Rathian's popularity.
Edit: Also Tigrex. I could actually see him happening as he is greatly, if not as popular, as the Rath duo and actually has the limbs to do more stuff than just bite and tail whip.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
She was in Lego Avengers...
On the other side of it though, she and Quicksilver were the only main characters without alternate costumes from the comics, and any other Fox characters are absent. And then the two were absent again in the Lego Avengers tv special thing.

There's much more precedence to them being left out of things, sadly. Hell, they couldn't even be on the Age of Ultron Bluray case.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't forget that Storm, Magneto, and Sentinel were part of the notorious Broken X-Men Trio in the original MvC2.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
On the other side of it though, she and Quicksilver were the only main characters without alternate costumes from the comics, and any other Fox characters are absent. And then the two were absent again in the Lego Avengers tv special thing.

There's much more precedence to them being left out of things, sadly. Hell, they couldn't even be on the Age of Ultron Bluray case.
But I like Scarlet Witch and Elizabeth Olsen (which is most irrelevant) and she's more plausible than Fox characters so I'll keep hoping she shows up until she doesn't. ;P

Quicksilver idc about so much. The X-men one is better anyway.

D

Deleted member

Come on now love, let's not discriminate against big robots or else Sentinel will give you a Rocket Punch.
Sentinel may be big, but he's not TvC Giant Character sized.

There's a reason why Sentinel can be used in a team and PTX-40a and Gold Lightan were solo characters.
Sentinel's just an "Extra Large" character like Hauzer and Juggernaut.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn, now it's definitely going to suck if we have no X-Men characters.

It was already depressing enough to not see Cable return in MvC3.
He'll never get to team up with Deadpool in a fighting game. Not until Marvel vs Capcom 7 in the year 2099.

D

Deleted member

I can understand not seeing faces like Super Skrull, Phoenix, X-23, Sentinel, and even Storm and Magneto return from 3.
But no Dr. Doom (who is an Avenger now), Deadpool, and especially Wolverine? That's going to be weird.....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can understand not seeing faces like Super Skrull, Phoenix, X-23, Sentinel, and even Storm and Magneto return from 3.
But no Dr. Doom (who is an Avenger now), Deadpool, and especially Wolverine? That's going to be weird.....
What? Dr. Doom is like one of the most popular Marvel characters

D

Deleted member

Honestly, Wolverine not being in MvC4 would be just like Iron Man not being in MvC1 or any form of Mega Man in MvC3.

It'd be a very notable absence.
Like, it's ****in' Wolverine. If they had to make ONE exception to work with FOX over, it would be him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I won't miss Sentinel.
Don't worry, he can have his moveset super imposed onto Ultron. It'll be like he never left.

Yeah I agree for the most part. But at least to me, Storm and Magneto are both way too iconic to just ignore as well, even if Marvel doesn't think so. Though Capcom did sandbag an icon or two. At least the un-ignored Strider.

Storm's the closest they ever got to a Wonder Woman counterpart as far a recognition, and no matter how hard they push Carol as Cap Marvel, I just can't see her overtaking that spot for some time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But I like Scarlet Witch and Elizabeth Olsen (which is most irrelevant) and she's more plausible than Fox characters so I'll keep hoping she shows up until she doesn't. ;P

Quicksilver idc about so much. The X-men one is better anyway.
Oh believe me, I fully agree (on both parts, irrelevance aside) and I'm still hoping too. She's easily my most wanted newcomer. :p

D

Deleted member

If the rumor is true, Dr. Doom would be unlikely to return. It's not just X-Men FOX has movie rights for, they also have Fantastic Four.

EDIT: And I'm well aware Dr. Doom is one of the most popular Marvel characters.
That's WHY I said his absence would feel weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the rumor is true, Dr. Doom would be unlikely to return. It's not just X-Men FOX has movie rights for, they also have Fantastic Four.
For now. ;D

...I'm still holding out hope that they bought the rights back/are buying them back and that's how Fox is allowed to make tv things now for their properties. Reintroducing the Fantastic Four to the fourth phase of the MCU would be too perfect.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But the FF franchise is also held at Fox. So like the X-Men, they can't be in supposedly. This sucks Donkey **** because X-Men is my 2nd favorite Marvel Property aside from Spider-Man, who at least is split between Marvel and Sony. Given the recent game announcement and a new movie with a cartoon from not that long ago.

Honestly, Wolverine not being in MvC4 would be just like Iron Man not being in MvC1 or any form of Mega Man in MvC3.

Like, it's ****in' Wolverine. If they had to make ONE exception to work with FOX over, it would be him.
Dude, I feel ya. But I'm doubly hoping for Storm and Deadpool too, since I like them more gameplay wise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sooooo I discovered a youtube video of Jojo Disney Medleys.
The villains of each part perform disney songs (in japanese).

DIO and some of the Stand users from the 2nd half of Stardust sign Prince Ali.
Hearing that deep DIO voice has makes me feel like I've died and gone to heaven.
I_Understand_That_Reference.png
I have seen the video, my god, it's so strange but funny. I really like it.
Also, I just buyed Darkstalkers Ressurection. You know, the game who was suppoed to revive the franchise? Well, even if the job wasn't done, it's still a fun game to play.

D

Deleted member

So what exactly is the rumor, actually?

Is it just that properties that FOX has movie rights to would be off-limits, or is it also that Marvel would heavily be focusing on the MCU characters?
(So like, for example, no Devil Dinosaur despite being not from X-Men or FF)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

To be fair, War Machine is still major so him being in there instead of Iron Man wasn't beyond horrid. I agree, don't get me wrong, but I feel it's not the exact same thing.

As I said before, I feel like Wolverine is just beyond too iconic to leave out. It'd be like leaving out Pikachu from Smash. There's no good example for Iron Man, except maybe Mewtwo in this comparison? A very iconic Pokemon in Jigglypuff was put in instead. I'm aware this comparison doesn't work later on due to Iron Man also being in 3, while Mewtwo wasn't in Brawl. Should go without saying that I'd be comparing Ryu to Mario for multiple reasons.

Anyway, I could tolerate Iron Man not being there. We still got his series' representation and a legitimately iconic character in his franchise. I can't tolerate Wolverine ever being cut because he's way too important. There's just no excuse for it. It also was cause severe backlash.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So what exactly is the rumor, actually?

Is it just that properties that FOX has movie rights to would be off-limits, or is it also that Marvel would heavily be focusing on the MCU characters?
(So like, for example, no Devil Dinosaur despite being not from X-Men or FF)
The polygon article that came out recently said their sources said not to expect characters w/ mutant origins and that Marvel's character selection is going to draw strongly from the MCU.

@Akxareth

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The polygon article that came out recently said their sources said not to expect characters w/ mutant origins and that Marvel's character selection is going to draw heavily from the MCU.

@Akxareth
So basically it's only implied/speculated that Doom and other FF characters would be excluded for the same reason as the X-Men characters (because FOX and not MCU) while not outright stated like the X-Men characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The funniest part of my Omega Ruby playthrough today would be curbstomping Courtney's Camerupt in one Earth Power with another Camerupt.

Wow.

D

Deleted member

Yup, that's pretty much all there is to it.
Hmm...

I wonder....

I think the thing to consider is....
What if for example, the Capcomverse is specifically going to be merging with Earth-199999 (The MCU).
Meaning, this will be the first time the Capcom peeps met this Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, etc.

While not having Wolverine and co. would be jarring for the whole Marvel vs. Capcom series in general, it would make a LOT of sense as to their absence in that case because they don't EXIST in that Earth save for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
(Though the former could be easily excluded for another reason, story-wise....)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmm...

I wonder....

I think the thing to consider is....
What if for example, the Capcomverse is specifically going to be merging with Earth-199999 (The MCU).
Meaning, this will be the first time the Capcom peeps met this Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, etc.

While not having Wolverine and co. would be jarring for the whole Marvel vs. Capcom series in general, it would make a LOT of sense as to their absence in that case because they don't EXIST in that Earth save for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
(Though the former could be easily excluded for another reason, story-wise....)
That'd be an interesting take, at least. It'd be a shame about no Kamala Khan though. :/

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alolan Marowak and Sandslash....kind of have ****ty movepools...

Legolas
Hati
Stalfos
Niflheim
King Louie

Conquered Po Town and Guzma for the second time, and found the Ice Stone to evolve Niflheim while I was at it...and while checking the movepools for Sandshrew and Sandslash...they are straight up booty....They don't even learn Ice Beam, at all (of course you wouldn't want them to since their special attack is even worse than their movepool, but even our FIRE/GHOST type Marowak can learn Ice Beam but not the Ice type Sandslash)
Marowak's isn't really any better...thing is, this wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that I can't access the move relearner until the end of the frikkin game...I just want a Sandslash with Icicle Crash and a Marowak with Shadow Bone (or any Ghost type STAB that isn't special, why not learn Shadow Claw?)

Anyways...I'm thinking of possible new team members...probably going to drop King Louie tbh, mainly because I have a big Dark type weakness, but I'm not sure who to pick up...From the looks of it, a Water type seems to be the best option for balancing reasons as I have weaknesses that a Water type can take care of...out of the available newly introduced water types...I think I'm leaning towards Araquanid, it has access to some decent abilities, learns a few decent attacks and seems to be built as more of a wall than anything moreso on the special side (like all Gen VII mons it's slow AF)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Legolas
Hati
Stalfos
Niflheim
King Louie

Conquered Po Town and Guzma for the second time, and found the Ice Stone to evolve Niflheim while I was at it...and while checking the movepools for Sandshrew and Sandslash...they are straight up booty....They don't even learn Ice Beam, at all (of course you wouldn't want them to since their special attack is even worse than their movepool, but even our FIRE/GHOST type Marowak can learn Ice Beam but not the Ice type Sandslash)
Marowak's isn't really any better...thing is, this wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that I can't access the move relearner until the end of the frikkin game...I just want a Sandslash with Icicle Crash and a Marowak with Shadow Bone (or any Ghost type STAB that isn't special, why not learn Shadow Claw?)

Anyways...I'm thinking of possible new team members...probably going to drop King Louie tbh, mainly because I have a big Dark type weakness, but I'm not sure who to pick up...From the looks of it, a Water type seems to be the best option for balancing reasons as I have weaknesses that a Water type can take care of...out of the available newly introduced water types...I think I'm leaning towards Araquanid, it has access to some decent abilities, learns a few decent attacks and seems to be built as more of a wall than anything moreso on the special side (like all Gen VII mons it's slow AF)
Icicle Crash, Iron Head, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Leech Life, Night Slash

IDK, he gets pretty good coverage with that

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I gotta admit, streaming is really fun, especially when you hop into a voice chat with others watching.

Reminds me of the days when we'd huddle around someone playing games and just experience everything together.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait Doctor Doom is an avenger now?

I don't read Marvel comics, but this intrigues me.

Details?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If the rumor is true, then that's pretty disappointing that we'd possibly lose those characters. Wolverine and the rest of the X-men skipping out of MvC4 would be like Link and the rest of the Legend of Zelda characters getting cut from the next Smash. They're very iconic characters with a lot of history and presence with Marvel and their fans and not being able to play with them in the next iteration would be a huge loss for the game. Even if the rest of the roster makes up for it, the hole they leave will definitely be easily noticed and not so easily filled. I really do hope that at least Wolverine, Magneto and a couple other notable characters still manage to make their way in because they are important to many fans and it'd be very disappointing to not have them there among Marvel's other characters.

As for them drawing more from the MCU, at the very least it does allow for characters like Black Panther to make their debut in the series, so that's a decent plus even with the restriction. I do hope they do draw from the characters that haven't debuted in it yet though since there's still a nice roster waiting to be tapped that aren't in movie form yet.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Legolas
Hati
Stalfos
Niflheim
King Louie

I mean.
Not getting Icicle Crash until late is annoying.
But for Poni, Icicle Spear gets you decent mileage.
Sourc: My Run.

D

Deleted member

Wait Doctor Doom is an avenger now?

I don't read Marvel comics, but this intrigues me.

Details?
Ok, just looked it up, he started his own Avengers team, but it wasn't an official team.

Basically, some heroes and villains were reversed due to the events of World War Hate, and Doom was one of them.
He became a good guy.

In fact, he's currently the new Iron Man while Tony's incapacitated from the second Civil War.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kinda sucks of all the characters to be added to official mortal kombat games after Sub Zero Mythologies, they went with Quan Chi and Fujin instead of guy riding ontop of fire breathing T-Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom