• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Why are the rewards for sidequests so lame in this game? I only get 3,000 cash for spending over an hour to catch a damn Feebass? ****** I collected more pearls that are worth more than that!
Some of the others are ridiculous though. You can actually get 20,000 just for walking up to a few Pyukumuku and pressing A.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why are the rewards for sidequests so lame in this game? I only get 3,000 cash for spending over an hour to catch a damn Feebass? ****** I collected more pearls that are worth more than that!

And here I was thinking there wouldn't be anything Nintendo related in the VGAs. Pleasantly surprised!
You get 20,000 for throwing 6 Pyukumuku into the ocean

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Really? I'm not too far into the game so that's good to know.
I've also gotten a lot of money while breeding. Next to the nursery there is this long stretch of road you can go back and forth from to hatch eggs. In that road, there is a rock you can smash with Tauros

It occasionally drops stardust, so while going back and forth I leave the screen and come back, smash the rock, and pick up stardust every once in a while.

I've gotten like 50 stardust, which sell for 75,000 (Altogether, not individually)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's a separate Switch event for the Hardware details and pricing, and other non game related things.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well I learned some new things today.
The attention to detail in this game is second to none. Makes me love Sonic Adventure even if it's aged.

Chrono.

I just got past the climax of Ula Ula Island.

That was sure A Thing.

Lusamine and Aether being shady was no surprise, but geez, she's more messed up than I thought. And also one of my tougher battles, I thought I was gonna lose but I somehow pulled through. Lillie has a cool new look now and I'm in Poni Island, fun times are head.

But for real, the actual plot twist was Wicke not being Wicked.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reading the MvC 4 thread on NeoGaf because I want to watch someone get hyped about something that could hypothetically end up on a Nintendo system at some point, and I saw this:

According to his bio, Ryu hates spiders due to a prank Ken pulled on him in childhood involving having the spider crawl down his mouth.

Well that's. . .interesting. Squick, but interesting.

It reminded me of something I read a while back. I read up on it further just to check and. . .

It turns out Shulk as a kid once stuck a spider in Reyn's shoe. . .as revenge for Reyn sticking a caterpillar in Shulk's sock drawer.

Both grown men now have phobias of the respective things they were pranked with for life.

Those things are both hilariously mild compared to what poor Ryu had to put up with, though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just got past the climax of Ula Ula Island.

That was sure A Thing.

Lusamine and Aether being shady was no surprise, but geez, she's more messed up than I thought. And also one of my tougher battles, I thought I was gonna lose but I somehow pulled through. Lillie has a cool new look now and I'm in Poni Island, fun times are head.

But for real, the actual plot twist was Wicke not being Wicked.
It's weird how any major parent in Pokemon turns out 2-0 as being totally evil.

Chrono.

Not quite, Norman was a pretty cool dad.

Yeah he wasn't "major" but he's was as major as a protagonist's parent is gonna get.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Reading the MvC 4 thread on NeoGaf because I want to watch someone get hyped about something that could hypothetically end up on a Nintendo system at some point, and I saw this:

According to his bio, Ryu hates spiders due to a prank Ken pulled on him in childhood involving having the spider crawl down his mouth.

Well that's. . .interesting. Squick, but interesting.

It reminded me of something I read a while back. I read up on it further just to check and. . .

It turns out Shulk as a kid once stuck a spider in Reyn's shoe. . .as revenge for Reyn sticking a caterpillar in Shulk's sock drawer.

Both grown men now have phobias of the respective things they were pranked with for life.

Those things are both hilariously mild compared to what poor Ryu had to put up with, though.
Truly, Ken's spider-in-the-mouth attack would make even Akuma tremble in fear.

Well maybe she and Ghetsis can hang out and talk about how much they hate their whiny children.

Yeah he wasn't "major" but he's was as major as a protagonist's parent is gonna get.
Norman was an alright guy. Typical busy parent though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I assumed they meant Giovanni and Lusamine.

And norman may not be evil, but he seems like kind of a ****. He barely acknowledges his child. He breaks dates with his wife just for the gym, and he comes off kind of cold.

Which is fine, but I find him alright. He's kind of cool but could be better.

Oh and Ash is in Sun and Moon:
Screenshot (356).png

Anime confirmed cannon!
:p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Yeah but like you said he's not major.

I assumed they meant Giovanni and Lusamine.

And norman may not be evil, but he seems like kind of a ****. He barely acknowledges his child. He breaks dates with his wife just for the gym, and he comes off kind of cold.

Which is fine, but I find him alright. He's kind of cool but could be better.

Oh and Ash is in Sun and Moon:
View attachment 121431

Anime confirmed cannon!
:p
But is the anime confirmed canon?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just caught Lunala, using the Moon Ball of course :p
The whole Ultra Space thing was amazing, I brute forced Lusamine's team easily with my Golisopod and Muk tho.
Guzma was priceless.
The game does a good job guilt tripping you to keep the Legend in your party.

Lillie_do_it_for_her.jpg

The last time I've used a Legendary in my team was during my regular playthrough of Ruby in 2003 but it is time to do it again.

Welcome to the team Nebby.
AND PLZ STAY IN THE BAG

Time to EV Train.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No Wolverine?

Time to find a brand new main then.

Hopefully M.O.D.O.K. returns despite the hate he's gotten.
It would suck **** if the X-Men can't be in it. I get why, given all of the recent drama with the rights to characters in different forms of media. But I really like using Deadpool, Storm and Wolverine in MvC3. Still, if I have Spider-Man and Venom and Mega Man comeback, that'll ease the saltiness.I used Iron Man in my main team too. But hey, Black Panther might make it in. And maybe whatever Spider-Man villains are gonna be in his new MCU movie.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Reminder, the composer of the first Rayman game is making a soundtrack filled with remixed songs from the first game.
Give them your support.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/874738450/rayman-by-remi-the-collector-soundtrack-album
*blinks*

Man, the soundtrack is amazing.
When I was around 8 years old I had a Rayman CD for Windows, but it didn't have any audio. Later, mom managed to get the audio working, but there was only music, and no sound effects. I didn't even realize the game was supposed to have sound effects until I watched YouTube videos.

----

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is that in the Ghost trial?

I vaguely remember pictures there but didn't check lol
Yes, I saw a video point it out. It's a pretty neat cameo actually. Mimikyu really looks up to pikachu and wants to be like it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the constant MvC4 rumors have me in the speculative mood again. :p

For reference, here's an image showing the characters present in UMvC3.
I feel like I'm not as familiar with the selection process here as I am for Smash, I'll just put in my two sense as far as which of the characters above are shoo-ins. :p

Capcom Vets I feel are shoo ins:
Ryu (he's Ryu)
Chun-Li (she's Chun-Li)
Frank West (Dead Rising 4 helps)
Zero
Morrigan (she's in everything)
Felicia (see Morrigan)
Dante
Vergil
Amaterasu
Phoenix Wright
Chris
Wesker
Arthur

Marvel:
Iron Man
Captain America
Spider-Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Nova
She-Hulk

(The below are if Fox characters are in)
Wolverine
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Magneto
Storm

For everyone else I can think of at least one possible reason they might not return (though some may just be me overthinking things). But then again I could be completely wrong since we have no idea how big the roster will be.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would be mad hype if Howard the Duck is in the next game.

The REAL Howard the Duck and not that clown from the George Lucas live action film.

D

Deleted member

Looks like some BotW stuff will be at VGA

Maybe we'll see some of the supposed towns that they cut from the E3 demo or some other important NPCs.

Now I'm actually interested in the VGA's.

As for MvC4, I can't say I'd be surprised if all of the Fox-related Marvel characters are cut, as much as I'd like to have Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, and Dr. Doom return from UMvC3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'll be so sad if Deadpool doesn't return in Marvel 4. Easily the most entertaining character in Marvel 3.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ugh I don't wanna do this stupid inventory tonight! I don't wanna be at work from 11 pm until 7in the morning.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the constant MvC4 rumors have me in the speculative mood again. :p

For reference, here's an image showing the characters present in UMvC3.
I feel like I'm not as familiar with the selection process here as I am for Smash, I'll just put in my two sense as far as which of the characters above are shoo-ins. :p

Capcom Vets I feel are shoo ins:
Ryu (he's Ryu)
Chun-Li (she's Chun-Li)
Frank West (Dead Rising 4 helps)
Zero
Morrigan (she's in everything)
Felicia (see Morrigan)
Dante
Vergil
Amaterasu
Phoenix Wright
Chris
Wesker
Arthur

Marvel:
Iron Man
Captain America
Spider-Man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Nova
She-Hulk

(The below are if Fox characters are in)
Wolverine
Deadpool
Doctor Doom
Magneto
Storm

For everyone else I can think of at least one possible reason they might not return (though some may just be me overthinking things). But then again I could be completely wrong since we have no idea how big the roster will be.
I feel like it'd kind of dumb for them to exclude a Mega Man again, seeing as they got a lot of flack for it before. It doesn't have to be Marvel 1/2 Classic Mega Man or TvC's Volnutt, but some form of Mega Man would make sense. But this is Capcom we're talking about, so there's a chance they'll make that mistake again. I would say the same for Captain Commando and Jin, but they aren't as liked outside of the vs. series. And again, I used him in Marvel 1, so I'd like to see him back, but re-adjusted. Instead of waiting for Eddy, just let him use 5 or 6 different weapons from the get go for QCF and QCB attacks. Which is why I like Smash Mega Man so much.

For Marvel, I have a feeling it'll mostly be movie heroes, but given that 5 of the 6 main Avengers are already in, with Spider-Man(He's the ****ing main man), Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider and Iron Fist under their belts, it shouldn't be too different. I mean, ****ing Rocket Raccoon is already in, he'll probably just lose his cockney accent. Groot would have some cool plant **** though. Black Panther has got a chance this time. Replace RE5 Jill with Black Widow. Throw in some Spider-Man villains/supporting characters(read: Punisher) and you're golden.

But I seriously hope we can get some X-Men by some miracle. Mostly for Deadpool, Wolverine and Storm.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't see an MCU based Marvel vs Capcom having a roster that would please everyone. Why?

Well, one the lack of mutants and X-Men. Deadpool, Storm, and Wolverine are not only popular in game, but 3 of Marvel's most popular heroes in general, with Storm being still to this date even with the rise of Widow, etc from the movies their most popular female character.

There's also the fact lots of fan favorites have yet to make their film debut. She Hulk? Wasp? Venom? The Real Mandarian? The real Dorammu, etc, etc. etc, etc.

The villains are another issue actually. The villains of the MCU? Let's face it? They've sucked for the most part. The only two you'd have any grounds to include would be Thanos and Ultron.

I'll wait and see, but the idea that it's going to be based around the MCU doesn't make me very hyped and I love the Marvel movies I really do.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I want to start a discussion topic regarding a certain element of Sun and Moon's plot.

I would only answer these questions if you've beaten the game.

These questions relate to the main villains in Sun and Moon: Guzma and Lusamine

1) What is your opinion about Guzma and Lusamine? Do you like either of them or both? Do you hate either of them or both? Do you think they are well-written villains?

2) Where would you personally rank Guzma and Lusamine in your favorite main series Pokemon villains list?

3) Who do you think is the more insane and cruel villain: Ghetsis or Lusamine?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Spider-Man's roster selection will especially suck. In the MCU? He'll ony have Vulture and Shocker to pull from. Unless there's some other of his villains present in Homecoming we don't know about yet.

This also cuts out new Marvel favorites from the books like Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, etc.

Would you be able to do people who haven't debuted yet but are planned? Like Carol Danvers? Do you include her?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'd rather Santa Rein but it's all good.

Also I'm betting Mrs. Claus Mei and Rudolph Pharah.

Someone is gonna be in a nutcracker outfit, idk who. Also Grinch Winston maybe?
I understand it's a Christmas event, but I don't exactly want just Christmas-themed outfits only. Winston with a simple Abominable Snowman costume would fit well enough and could still be considered Christmas-related.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Don't have much to say in regards to Marvel vs. Capcom 4. But in terms of the roster, I will say this.

I think the game will have characters from the Fox Marvel movies, but only the very bare necessities (Wolverine, Deadpool, etc.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I do think people are getting carried away with the "MCU-based" thing. That was just speculation on Polygon's part.
I feel like it'd kind of dumb for them to exclude a Mega Man again, seeing as they got a lot of flack for it before. It doesn't have to be Marvel 1/2 Classic Mega Man or TvC's Volnutt, but some form of Mega Man would make sense. But this is Capcom we're talking about, so there's a chance they'll make that mistake again. I would say the same for Captain Commando and Jin, but they aren't as liked outside of the vs. series. And again, I used him in Marvel 1, so I'd like to see him back, but re-adjusted. Instead of waiting for Eddy, just let him use 5 or 6 different weapons from the get go for QCF and QCB attacks. Which is why I like Smash Mega Man so much.

For Marvel, I have a feeling it'll mostly be movie heroes, but given that 5 of the 6 main Avengers are already in, with Spider-Man(He's the ****ing main man), Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider and Iron Fist under their belts, it shouldn't be too different. I mean, ****ing Rocket Raccoon is already in, he'll probably just lose his cockney accent. Groot would have some cool plant **** though. Black Panther has got a chance this time. Replace RE5 Jill with Black Widow. Throw in some Spider-Man villains/supporting characters(read: Punisher) and you're golden.

But I seriously hope we can get some X-Men by some miracle. Mostly for Deadpool, Wolverine and Storm.
I didn't include Mega Man because I was specifically talking about UMvC3 vets. :p

I feel like for Marvel most if not all of the newcomers or characters not in the last game will be out of this pool:

Black Widow, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Groot, Star-Lord, Hercules, Cyclops, Beast, Loki, Ultron, Squirrel Girl, Thanos, Gwenpool, Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Quake, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Venom, Green Goblin.

I feel like even some of those are longer shots than others, but ones outside of those are even more so. Mainly just a mix with what's hot in both the comics and the MCU. And obviously not ALL of those will make it, either. :p

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I want to start a discussion topic regarding a certain element of Sun and Moon's plot.

I would only answer these questions if you've beaten the game.

These questions relate to the main villains in Sun and Moon: Guzma and Lusamine

1) What is your opinion about Guzma and Lusamine? Do you like either of them or both? Do you hate either of them or both? Do you think they are well-written villains?

2) Where would you personally rank Guzma and Lusamine in your favorite main series Pokemon villains list?

3) Who do you think is the more insane and cruel villain: Ghetsis or Lusamine?
1) Guzma was more "All talk; no game," than I expected. I thought he actually was trying to get a Zygarde to wreck things up; but it was only bugium Z's, and a puppet. Lusamine is Ragyo in Pokemon. Lusamine's one of the better villains in the series, Guzma was largely a disappointment.

2) Lusamine is like #2, Guzma... mid-low. Lysandre and Cyrus are garbag and Ya Boi ain't that.

3) Ghetsis. He was 100% planning murder. He tortured kyurem. He raised N from childhood to be his puppet. He's a villain to the core. Lusamine is corrupt, but little was intrinsically insane or cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom