• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gonna be running an alternate Honchkrow until Move Tutors are back.

Honchkrow @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Steel Wing (Superpower)
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird

Because Honchkrow can't learn Superpower alone, I'm gonna run Steel Wing instead. Hits fairies for critical super effective damage so its not too bad. I could also run Night Slash for solid Dark damage as well.

This set has two awesome abilities. The biggest one is Z-Tailwind. Combined with Super Luck, not only does Honchkrow get much faster, but because Tailwind has Z-Power, it raises crit chance, making every attack hit crits. You could also opt out for a one-time nuke- a 200 BP Supersonic Skystrike.

Once it gets Superpower though, it will completely ignore the move's Attack drop because crits ignore stats- making Superpower more spammable.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Erureido Erureido that comic, while disturbing, feels out of character
Lusamine was very likely a strict parent, but she wasn't abusive.
Now there's an ACTUAL abusive parent in SM!
Guzma mentions the town he grew up in and how he doesn't get along with his father
If you go to that town you'll find a guy who says he regrets doing hurtful things to his son, and there are golf clubs lying around. Guzma has gold trophies in the Shady House! However, there's something wrong with them. They're bent clubs. Which means Guzma's dad physically abused him. The fact they heavily implied child abuse in this game makes me question the rating
I knew about the Guzma thing, and learning that made feel more attached to Guzma than I did prior.

Perhaps Lusamine wasn't being abusive, but even then, life growing up with her following her husband's disappearance wasn't pleasant. Lillie's dialogue with Gladion when they arrive at Poni Island implied Lusamine became even worse in the treatment of her children following Gladion's escape. Did she turn to abuse? We don't know, but I wouldn't want Lusamine to be my parent during that time, nor would I want Guzma's dad to be one of my parents.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I knew about the Guzma thing, and learning that made feel more attached to Guzma than I did prior.

Perhaps Lusamine wasn't being abusive, but even then, life growing up with her following her husband's disappearance wasn't pleasant. Lillie's dialogue with Gladion when they arrive at Poni Island implied Lusamine became even worse in the treatment of her children following Gladion's escape. Did she turn to abuse? We don't know, but I wouldn't want Lusamine to be my parent during that time, nor would I want Guzma's dad to be one of my parents.
It's been said Lusamine isn't actually abusive, but Nihilistic Lego's poison warped her mind

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I managed to get the Sun exclusives surprisingly easily through trades, the only exception being Solgaleo though.

I'm not too fussed about the previous gen exclusives though as I'll just transfer them over from Pokemon Bank once that's available.

Eitherway, I beat the main story of Moon recently. The game's really good, although either my Pokemon where terribly underleveled or Gamefreak really ranked up the difficulty this time around since I did get my butt handed to me a number of times.... particularly with the Totem Pokemon, particularly with Totem Mimikyu....

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Who the **** is this
golfer flying E4 chick?
The ex-flying trial captain of MeleMele Island that spent the past year traveling the world for pro golf and higher level pokemon challenges. She was talked about in the Demo but a few people in towns talk about her in game.

D

Deleted member

They should of gave Honchkrow the ability to just flat out learn Superpower.

I really want to try out Super Luck x Z-Tailwind already.

Defense isn't an issue. Fur Coat gives Furfrou the additional Defense it needs. Furfrou also doesn't need to kill everything on sight- that's not its job. Its an offensive pivot. Throw a T-Wave, finish off a target, remove a sash, etc., and U-Turn to predict switches.

I use to have lots of fun with Furfrou back then. I know its not the best pivot out there but its still viable.
Late reply but I was talking about Crabrawler not Furfrou
I have enough memories from the Route 6 Furfrou Double Battle to know how deadly it can be
It's been said Lusamine isn't actually abusive, but Nihilistic Lego's poison warped her mind
Yeah, but she was abusive during that
No one is arguing over her actual blame on that but not only did Gladion and Lillie suffer, but so did Cosmog and Null

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Winona? More like Weakona!

Castform was all I really needed to stomp her best Pokes. Only several more badges to go until 7.8 Too Much Water is finished.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Suddenly I wanna try the Beldum Beast Ball Challenge.
Actually I want many Pokémon in a BB.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Another fighter reveal for Pokkén Tournament? Obviously the last one listed in the datamining.

But what I really want to know if these fighters will ever get a home console release.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Another fighter reveal for Pokkén Tournament? Obviously the last one listed in the datamining.

But what I really want to know if these fighters will ever get a home console release.
They'll probably be available in the Switch port. If it happens.

D

Deleted member

The game gives you way more Beast Balls than you need. I still have 39 more left that I have absolutely no use for and probably never will.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't know the answer myself, but I do wonder why you'd need more or how you ran out, I still have over 40 of them left over.
I've used them in the past on other Pokémon, and because their catch rate is reduced, odds are you will have failed a few times. A certain UB gave me some trouble. I think I have 8 more.

Chrono.

So far, Totems haven't given me too much trouble, but they still gave me a couple scares.

Totem Raticate - Pretty easy since the game kinda gives you a Crabrawler literally right before the trial.
Totem Wishiwashi - Eevee evolved into Sylveon not long before this, so this guy while tough, didn't damage my team at all.
Totem Salazzle - Probably the one where I ended up with the most casualties, I didn't lose but by the end my team was either dead or poisoned.
Totem Lurantis - I ended up sweeping this with Rockruff of all things (in a weird twist of luck for me and bad rng for the AI)
Totem Vikavolt - Like Salazzle, my team were more or less all hit with casualties, this time a case of bad luck for me (Lycanroc was paralyzed early on and kept not doing anything for a while)
Totem Mimikyu - Another hard-ish one and funnily enough the only one where my starter got to shine

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I imagine you've all seen this. I don't even know anything about Jojo or ever plan/want to watch it... but this is tight.

When the reference is just right.

It's been long since we have seen this meme, isn't it?

D

Deleted member

God ****ing dammit.
I'm missing 4 Zygarde Cells despite following the guide
I'm missing 2...
I wish there was some sort of way to track them down in game without the use of a guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Building a Battle Tree team of Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr when I saw Meganium gets Grassy Terrain as an Egg move.

I wonder if I can utilize that...

I'll play around with it I suppose.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
...I am interested.

Can you get more Beast Balls?
From what I understand (haven't finished the game yet) They're only available during the UB Sidequest, Looker gives you some for very UB Mission. Give em all to your Pokémon to hold, then he'll see your bag with none of them and will give you more.

D

Deleted member

I really wasn't aware I sped through the game so fast. Ironically it was so I'd keep up with discussion, but everything I say usually gets repeated a week later.(Such as issues catching the four tikis, the post game in general, and now people missing zygarde cells despite following the guide, just like how I'm only missing the one despite following the guide for hours.)

D

Deleted member

I deposited a Rowlet in the GTS about 8 hours ago and I still haven't gotten a Litten in return.
What the hell.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
From what I understand (haven't finished the game yet) They're only available during the UB Sidequest, Looker gives you some for very UB Mission. Give em all to your Pokémon to hold, then he'll see your bag with none of them and will give you more.
Bah. That sucks. Theres no reason to limit Poké Balls except the Master Ball. They did the same thing with Apriballs.

Well. I'll just need to be a little more careful with these.
I deposited a Rowlet in the GTS about 8 hours ago and I still haven't gotten a Litten in return.
What the hell.
You're on a fourm where Incineroar is praised as the best Starter.

Why wait?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
"Y'know. I really need to learn a reliable DPS character. I didn't really like him, but maybe I should play 76 again since he got buffed."
>QUADRUPLE KILL
>Achievement
>Play of the Game
>4 golds

D

Deleted member

@Megalon72
Use this guide, it's much more helpful than any other I found.
Also I have found another cell. Thought I beat all Melemele cells
Thank you! Just looking at the timestamps it's already looking better than any other guide I've looked through. It doesn't help that a lot of them were incomplete on which cells were day/night.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Thank you! Just looking at the timestamps it's already looking better than any other guide I've looked through. It doesn't help that a lot of them were incomplete on which cells were day/night.
Unfortunately I noticed at least one Melemele cell wasn't listed as Night on Melemele. Here's what you do. Watch the video and go throw the areas at the same time, simply switch time at the Pillar if it's one you need to wait for otherwise

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The absolute madlads cut my brazilian telenovela for a Castro special.
*sigh*
Tiem to fish more ghostly seaweeds posessing anchors then.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oranguru's putting in work with Nasty Plot and Stored Power...
But then again Psychic does the job as well...

Actually haven't used Marowak that much since acquiring Oranguru, but its almost caught up on levels so I can put Marowak to use...
Likely going to be adding another poke to my team soon however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom