• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd argue that their appearance is definitely a Yggdrasil reference, with Yveltal being the eagle that perches atop the tree, Xerneas representing the four stags that live on the land, and Zygarde being Nidhogg beneath the surface. It seems REALLY specific that they chose a bird, a stag, and a snake, after all, especially with Zygarde's other forms referencing Hel and Fenrir.

Lore wise though, they're closer to the Hindu Trimurti since they represent Creation, Destruction, and Order, respectively. But appearance wise they're definitely Norse in inspiration.
Yeah, I honestly think the Norse Mythology inspired them.

But many Pokemon don't get based on one source anyway. There's more than one way to do it. It's part of why some Pokemon may have a punny name, which is kind of similar to what I said. Adding two names together? Two different sources. Obviously the comparison isn't that great, but the concept overall does get used(multiple inspirations for Pokemon). We aren't talking about names like Seel, but ones like Pumpkaboo, which is just a Pumpkin + Ghosts Scaring Someone. I'm trying to think of a Pokemon that is inspired by two unique sources, but only the Kalos Legendary Trio come to mind.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I honestly think the Norse Mythology inspired them.

But many Pokemon don't get based on one source anyway. There's more than one way to do it. It's part of why some Pokemon may have a punny name, which is kind of similar to what I said. Adding two names together? Two different sources. Obviously the comparison isn't that great, but the concept overall does get used(multiple inspirations for Pokemon). We aren't talking about names like Seel, but ones like Pumpkaboo, which is just a Pumpkin + Ghosts Scaring Someone. I'm trying to think of a Pokemon that is inspired by two unique sources, but only the Kalos Legendary Trio come to mind.
And then we have Darkrai, whose name is a combination of the word Dark and the Japanese word for Dark.

Good ol' Dark Dark. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Looking through Fanfiction.net further and apparently the OC fics started coming in full force around 2010-2011.

That's a bit odd, you'd think they would have been more common earlier than that. That's two years after Brawl came out before the wave of additional young players actually started making fantasy fics very often.

Over half the fanfictions in the catalog are after this point, too. This means the majority of Smash Bros fanfiction uploaded to the site that's in the archives was actually updated/made less than half a decade ago.

Chrono.

Is it me or have they been marketing all 3 Gen 7 starters quite a bit?

At least more than the ones from Gen 6 for sure (not counting Greninja who ended up breaking out).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Btw, what's everyone's pokedex looking like?

Alola 43%
Melemele 62%
Akala 43%
Ula'ula 48%
Poni 53%
I've been working on the Pokédex on the side. Haven't really been focusing on it except when I'm scanning QR Codes for Island Scans. Today I got my baby, Timid Cyndaquil- my most favorite starter of all the games.

Anyways... Here's my Pokédex.

Alola: 45%
Melemele: 57% (Found All)
Akala: 51%
Ula'ula: 44%
Poni: 50%

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Thanks, very much appreciated! Anything you want in return?
*egg hatches* ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? NOW I GET SYNCHRONIZE?
depends. which version of the game you got?
Have you started catching UBs yet?

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Got Moon
That's why I need Synchronize :p
Fair enough.lol
I was gonna try to snag some version exclusive UBs if you had Sun,because
The games give multiples of the version exclusive ones for whatever reason.

The Abras are hatched,just add my FC on the side and I'll add you after I get a FC from ya.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair enough.lol
I was gonna try to snag some version exclusive UBs if you had Sun,because
The games give multiples of the version exclusive ones for whatever reason.

The Abras are hatched,just add my FC on the side and I'll add you after I get a FC from ya.
3282 2092 1077
Sadly I want to have all UBs on my team and someone already called dibs on Celesteela, though I've got a Pheromosa left. Any nature you want?
Just found out I broke sequence, I NEVER went through the desert area, just found it now

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
3282 2092 1077
Sadly I want to have all UBs on my team and someone already called dibs on Celesteela, though I've got a Pheromosa left. Any nature you want?
Just found out I broke sequence, I NEVER went through the desert area, just found it now
Naive/Hasty if you can. name it Hot Pants too. lol

D

Deleted member

"Alright, let's EV train in the old ways"
*Grimer only gives 1HP EV*
*Power items are 16 BP each*
Alright, let's storm that Battle Tree
3282 2092 1077
The desert area isn't mandatory though

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where the heck is the desert because I haven't been to it in either playthrough

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
****, I need to use that name
I haven't caught Nihilego yet, I want a Timid one and it's the only one in the game, so I can't get it yet
Nilhelgo puts in work.
got one of that same nature wrecking stuff in the Battle Tree. I need to put Air Balloon on it so I don't have to worry about Ground moves.

I'm online now,so I can give you the abras when you're ready.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
LOL, Canada's leader praised the life of Fidel Castro
Justin Trudeau's father and former Prime minister of Canada, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, had a very good relationship with Castro. If I remember well, Justin actually met him a few times during is childhood. When you take this in consideration, it's only natural that he praise his life.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Justin Trudeau's father and former Prime minister of Canada, Pierre Elliott Trudeau, had a very good relationship with Castro. If I remember well, Justin actually met him a few times during is childhood. When you take this in consideration, it's only natural that he praise his life.
I don't think if my family was friends with Hitler or Stalin I'd be praising their life

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Where the heck is the desert because I haven't been to it in either playthrough
You can access it on Route 13 of Ula'Ula near the Oasis after completing the sixth island trial, second on Ula Ula...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom