• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Question, does Wishi-Washy have a 1000% success rate when calling for help? Because I've killed 8 of the damn things so far. I just wanna catch one.
Besides Paralysis, moves like Hold Back and False Swipe(I don't remember if it's a TM or something naturally learns it this gen among the base catchable Pokemon) also help.

If you can breed, I got one via Wonder Trade and can temporarily lend you it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Besides Paralysis, moves like Hold Back and False Swipe(I don't remember if it's a TM or something naturally learns it this gen among the base catchable Pokemon) also help.

No they don't. The lower the HP, the likelier they'll cry for help
I read "Aiaiai" not from Butterfly but instead from the start of th Pillar Men theme.
AWAKEN MY GUARDIANS
Pillar Men don't have stands Buu~

Are the Tapus shiny locked? would be hilarious and incredibly convenient to get a shiny Modest lelee
*catches Lele* ADAMANT? NYEEEEEAARGH

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No they don't. The lower the HP, the likelier they'll cry for help
I'm aware. But being at 1 HP and paralyzed does mean they alone are easier to catch. Keep in mind I haven't dealt with this yet, so...

But fair point. My inexperience is showing. I'm using to this method on X/Y/OR/AS.

Anyway, that's why I suggested a temp trade. >.>

D

Deleted member

I just lucked out WAAAAAAAAAAY harder than I have the right to. I accidentally talked to Gladion without saving so I have to settle with the Nina I got. It was Jolly, probably it's best nature
Any nature is good for it when it has 95 in everything so its role can be basically anything
Except Spe boosting ones if you're going for Eviolite Null(which I probably will do with my Adamant one)
Also
The deleted files in Secret Lab A mention that there were three Type: Nulls but you only get to see two ingame: the one Gladion has and the one you get
Wonder what happened to the other...

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm aware. But being at 1 HP and paralyzed does mean they alone are easier to catch. Keep in mind I haven't dealt with this yet, so...

But fair point. My inexperience is showing. I'm using to this method on X/Y/OR/AS.

Anyway, that's why I suggested a temp trade. >.>
The way that S.O.S. works is basically a Pokemon can call for an ally (doesn't always succeed).
This is more likely the lower in hp they are, but can call at full hp if you're "too high in level."
This can and will happen multiple times in a fight.
And as its been since Gen 4, your character can't handle the idea of how to aim if there's multiple wild pokemon out at once.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Any nature is good for it when it has 95 in everything so its role can be basically anything
Except Spe boosting ones if you're going for Eviolite Null(which I probably will do with my Adamant one)
Also
The deleted files in Secret Lab A mention that there were three Type: Nulls but you only get to see two ingame: the one Gladion has and the one you get
Wonder what happened to the other...
Future event?
Fight of the century

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pokémon spoilers, at which moment do you think late-game elements, such as not-seen-in-trailers Pokémon, could be tolerated to the large audience after release ?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I've got a Cutiefly with Stun Spore and a bunch of qucik balls so I'll give that a shot.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im willing to pay with bubble money to the one who draws Lillie as Gendo Ikari with a caption saying: "Get in the ****ing Bag, Nebby"

"Pew"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Speaking of Pokémon spoilers, at which moment do you think late-game elements, such as not-seen-in-trailers Pokémon, could be tolerated to the large audience after release ?
At the very least sometime after the holidays...A large portion of people won't be able to play it till after Christmas...

I'd say maybe sometime around February or March since most people who would play it already have...though personally I'd still wait a month or two...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think I want to do a Ghost Monotype in the future for Sun and Moon...
There's so many cool new ghost types introduced in this Gen and even one of the starters and boxart legends are eligible! Probably want to try out Palossand and Dhelmise in that run...
Some decent older ghost types are also available too, early on as well...One cool thing about Sun and Moon's removal of HM's is that Monotypes and Solo runs will be easier to do since you won't have to rely on HM users to progress through the game...so you can stick with your eligible mons more consistently...

Anyways...enough of the future...

Moon Update:
Dartrix-Legolas
Grimer-Hexxus
Rockruff-Hati

Finding a Rockruff this time around turned out a lot easier than it was in my last playthrough...but it's all luck based whether or not you encounter it or not, either way used Midday form in Sun and now going to rock out with midnight form...Lycanroc was one of my more clutch pokemon in Sun and from what I hear midnight form hits harder than midday, just with less speed...Not having Accelerock's gonna suck though since that came in handy for finishing off pokemon...I still think it's a missed opportunity to not have a Rock/Ghost werewolf but what can you do?

Now I'm off to the next island...Trying to consider who I'll try out, probably want to grab a Fomantis as the lack of grass types in my last playthrough made some of the battles more difficult to my liking, at the very least I'll keep it for Olivia's Grand-trial, but I do want to give Lurantis some fair usage...While I'm in the Lush Jungle I'll probably grab an Oranguru as well...King julien had his fun in Sun now's King Louie's turn!
Definitely gonna scoop up a Cubone though, so excited to try out Alolan Marowak!! Easily my second favourite Alola form behind Ninetales...

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think I want to do a Ghost Monotype in the future for Sun and Moon...
There's so many cool new ghost types introduced in this Gen and even one of the starters and boxart legends are eligible! Probably want to try out Palossand and Dhelmise in that run...
Some decent older ghost types are also available too, early on as well...One cool thing about Sun and Moon's removal of HM's is that Monotypes and Solo runs will be easier to do since you won't have to rely on HM users to progress through the game...so you can stick with your eligible mons more consistently...

Anyways...enough of the future...

Moon Update:
Dartrix-Legolas
Grimer-Hexxus
Rockruff-Hati

Finding a Rockruff this time around turned out a lot easier than it was in my last playthrough...but it's all luck based whether or not you encounter it or not, either way used Midday form in Sun and now going to rock out with midnight form...Lycanroc was one of my more clutch pokemon in Sun and from what I hear midnight form hits harder than midday, just with less speed...Not having Accelerock's gonna suck though since that came in handy for finishing off pokemon...I still think it's a missed opportunity to not have a Rock/Ghost werewolf but what can you do?

Now I'm off to the next island...Trying to consider who I'll try out, probably want to grab a Fomantis as the lack of grass types in my last playthrough made some of the battles more difficult to my liking, at the very least I'll keep it for Olivia's Grand-trial, but I do want to give Lurantis some fair usage...While I'm in the Lush Jungle I'll probably grab an Oranguru as well...King julien had his fun in Sun now's King Louie's turn!
Definitely gonna scoop up a Cubone though, so excited to try out Alolan Marowak!! Easily my second favourite Alola form behind Ninetales...
You can find Fomantis just outside of Brooklet Hill, too
It's where I got mine.

Also Night Lycanrock should've been more /Dark or /Fighting imo

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You can find Fomantis just outside of Brooklet Hill, too
It's where I got mine.

Also Night Lycanrock should've been more /Dark or /Fighting imo
Yeah wherever I find Fomantis I'll likely catch it...I just couldn't remember where else it was located outside of Lush Jungle...

The reason why I suggested ghost typing for Lycanroc midnight is because of the Kaupe spirit of Hawaiian folklore...Werewolves are generally cursed supernatural beings anyways both in folklore and popular media...
Though it think it's likely Game Freak based both Lycanroc forms off of the wolves Skoll and Hati of Norse Mythology...hence my nicknames for them respectively...

There's also speculation going around of a third Lycanroc form since Skoll and Hati are the sons of the monstrous wolf Fenrir and that the third form will be based off of him...If Pokemon Stars is true and it introduces more new Pokemon (I personally don't think it will if true) that's a possibility...

D

Deleted member

Apparently, Isle Evelup gives you 2 EVs per play session at Lv2
Meaning I need more than two days to max a single stat
At least it doesn't require actual playing so I can do other stuff and Pokebeans speed up the process
What do you mean by that? As in, considering them spoilers?
Because the site updated with all the new Pokemon

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah wherever I find Fomantis I'll likely catch it...I just couldn't remember where else it was located outside of Lush Jungle...

The reason why I suggested ghost typing for Lycanroc midnight is because of the Kaupe spirit of Hawaiian folklore...Werewolves are generally cursed supernatural beings anyways both in folklore and popular media...
Though it think it's likely Game Freak based both Lycanroc forms off of the wolves Skoll and Hati of Norse Mythology...hence my nicknames for them respectively...

There's also speculation going around of a third Lycanroc form since Skoll and Hati are the sons of the monstrous wolf Fenrir and that the third form will be based off of him...If Pokemon Stars is true and it introduces more new Pokemon (I personally don't think it will if true) that's a possibility...
Zygarde's based off of Norse mythology and has a dog form, there's your Fenrir

D

Deleted member

Zygarde is based on something else entirely Gwen.

@Zoroarking FOEs are legit scary and they're everywhere.
Even in your Pokemon games, FOE!
Because no one will get it, Skolls appear in Emerald Grove and Fenrir is the first boss of EOI

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Zygarde's based off of Norse mythology and has a dog form, there's your Fenrir
If we can have two phoenix's :146::250:

We can have two Fenrirs...especially if one's not legendary...

Zygarde's influences spans a lot further than just the Children of Loki however...

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Another one!

Again, does anyone have a Timid, Modest or Adamant pokemon with the Synchronize ability?
I'm breeding abras for those natures right now.
though its odd. I'm getting mostly the same natures,with some neutrals/differences on rare occasions. would I be better off just catching the guy for those?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yggdrasil and the tree of life are literally the same thing
Then Game Freak ****ed up by making the Y legendary a cocoon instead of the tree
I'm breeding abras for those natures right now.
though its odd. I'm getting mostly the same natures,with some neutrals/differences on rare occasions. would I be better off just catching the guy for those?
All my Abras get are Inner Focus, if you're not holding Everstone, it should change

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*lurking the internet as always*
*See that Code Geass season 3 have been confirm to happen*
me: Oh, cool...
WAIT, WHAT?!?!

D

Deleted member

Then Game Freak ****ed up by making the Y legendary a cocoon instead of the tree

All my Abras get are Inner Focus, if you're not holding Everstone, it should change
GF ****ed up by not connecting the XY trio in any way, shape or form
And I mean in-game lore, not from what they're based on
*lurking the internet as always*
*See that Code Geass season 3 have been confirm to happen*
me: Oh, cool...
WAIT, WHAT?!?!
WHAT!?
Finally an excuse to watch it, do you have a source on that?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
GF ****ed up by not connecting the XY trio in any way, shape or form
And I mean in-game lore, not from what they're based on

WHAT!?
Finally an excuse to watch it, do you have a source on that?
Sure, here a link.
This is definily something I wasn't expecting at all.
TIME FOR MORE FABULOUS STUFF THEN!!!:gova:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Zygarde is Hel, Jormangr or however it's spelled and Fenrir, Xerneas is the tree of life and something while Yveltal is Yggdrasil
Yveltal and Xerneas really have nothing to do with Norse Mythology as nothing in their characters or lore matches the creatures fans like to pair them up with. Their lore (as sparse and underdeveloped as it is) also lacks many of the elements of the original mythology to truly tie them together such as the squirrel, which are elements that should be present if GF was truly trying to draw from the mythology for those two legendaries. Zygarde is a bit more debateable, but the Cells and Cores thematic of the legendary seems to have a different direction from the mythology behind Loki's children.

It's just another fan theory, one that is popular, but not one that is certainly not confirmed. There are still a number of holes to it, and it shouldn't be touted as the for certain base concept for the trio.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS I'M BACK

TIME TO CONQUER EARTH
Funny timing; I was just watching all the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 3 Megazord finishers.

Man, the Ninja Megazord's finisher was nightmare fuel by design. Awesome finisher, sure, but they didn't think kids wouldn't find two animals roaring with their full animal faces actually showing them as scary as possible just a tad bit frightening? I think they slightly figured it out, since after the first time, they actually shortened the attack scenes. The wolf zord was less scary of the two, at least.

I couldn't find any regular pictures, so here's all of them in their punching glory. The first fight alone covers the issue well. I wonder if MMPR the movie came out after Season 3, which would easily explain why they just used a sword instead. Albeit, the movie version of the zords didn't look that great, but eh.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I just realized my Pokemon game doesn't have a mew type character.

Hmm hmm hmm... it'll be a Normal/Fairy type and be called Revelvet! It'll kinda look like a mauve bunny with spiky ears that look kinda like wings.

There dex actually done!

Also hello guys.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see you guys found Pokémon's Sun & Moon starters clips. Here are three moar (I spoiler boxed the last 2 just in case mods don't want slowdowns on this page):

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yveltal and Xerneas really have nothing to do with Norse Mythology as nothing in their characters or lore matches the creatures fans like to pair them up with. Their lore (as sparse and underdeveloped as it is) also lacks many of the elements of the original mythology to truly tie them together such as the squirrel, which are elements that should be present if GF was truly trying to draw from the mythology for those two legendaries. Zygarde is a bit more debateable, but the Cells and Cores thematic of the legendary seems to have a different direction from the mythology behind Loki's children.

It's just another fan theory, one that is popular, but not one that is certainly not confirmed. There are still a number of holes to it, and it shouldn't be touted as the for certain base concept for the trio.
I'd argue that their appearance is definitely a Yggdrasil reference, with Yveltal being the eagle that perches atop the tree, Xerneas representing the four stags that live on the land, and Zygarde being Nidhogg beneath the surface. It seems REALLY specific that they chose a bird, a stag, and a snake, after all, especially with Zygarde's other forms referencing Hel and Fenrir.

Lore wise though, they're closer to the Hindu Trimurti since they represent Creation, Destruction, and Preservation, respectively. But appearance wise they're definitely Norse in inspiration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom