• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Small Moon update...

Rowlet-Legolas
Alolan Grimer-Hexxus

Gonna rock with Alolan Grimer for a bit...Poison/Dark is such a good typing so it'll be very useful at this point in the game...

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Whenever my bro gets back + whenever I get a 3DS.

Friend of his pre-ordered both games as a gift for his birthday, so he's letting me have Moon. I just need to get a 3DS to go with it. If I can somehow procure a 3DS before he arrives, I can play sometime Dec 19th I think. Otherwise, it'll be later.
I'll still be playing by then.
there's so many new pokemon/teams to try that its gonna take me a while to get completely bored of the game. plus Pokebank in January i seriously can't wait for.

if you ever need/want the other starters I got you.

Decidueye, The bee, Tucannon, Lunala, The little Elec/Steel rodent and um.I forgot the last pokemon because he doesn't get much use
Im at the ghost one now and I have Ribombe deal with Sableye, ok thats good, then I have tucannan take on frostlass if thats switched out. thing is, the ***** is too ****ing fast
Does Ribombee have Quiver Dance? it sounds like it could sweep if it does.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'll still be playing by then.
there's so many new pokemon/teams to try that its gonna take me a while to get completely bored of the game. plus Pokebank in January i seriously can't wait for.

if you ever need/want the other starters I got you.

Does Ribombee have Quiver Dance? it sounds like it could sweep if it does.
I do believe he does but Frostlass isnt weak to fairy and might still go first with blizzard

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want to switch to a festive avatar, but I feel it's a tad too early. I've never used a Christmas avi as early as this.

Besides, I really like this Dementor avatar (Catching up with all of the Harry Potter movies has me hooked on it. Now I just need to read the books...)

By the time I get SuMo everyone will be moving on to the latest hip thing and I'll be alone.

At least I'll have my ball of fluff Rowlet
You aren't entirely alone in that regard.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I do believe he does but Frostlass isnt weak to fairy and might still go first with blizzard
oh yeah. Ghost resists Bug/Fairy doesn't it?
Even if it resists,I'd try to setup on Sabeleye. maybe get maxed out on the Quiver Dances before going to Town on the team. if it still outspeeds after that then that is some Froslass she's got.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I want to switch to a festive avatar, but I feel it's a tad too early. I've never used a Christmas avi as early as this.

Besides, I really like this Dementor avatar (Catching up with all of the Harry Potter movies has me hooked on it. Now I just need to read the books...)

You aren't entirely alone in that regard.
Oh hey KoP! It's not often I see you on this thread lol. How are you?
Now that you mention it, I gotta re-read the books. I like almost all of them, and I think it'd be nice for relaxation and enjoyment lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh hey KoP! It's not often I see you on this thread lol. How are you?
Now that you mention it, I gotta re-read the books. I like almost all of them, and I think it'd be nice for relaxation and enjoyment lol.
Hey Hat. I'm doing pretty good actually.

I'd come/post here more often but some of the most frequent subjects here are ones I currently don't really have much to say in....that includes Pokemon and Pokemon news.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For Marvel 4, if it happens, I would want a few things from it.

- Bring back Spider-Man, Deadpool, Iron-Man, Storm, Wolverine, Ryu, Doom, Chun-li, Strider, Magneto, Zero, Tron and Ammy from the last game.

- Bring back Mega Man(or use another Blue Bomber), Venom, Captain Commando(more so for others than myself) with some new tricks up their sleeves to make their comeback more interesting. Maybe MvC2 Jill.

- Make Web Swing QCB again.

- Add some single player stuff, no complex story mode, but Survival, Arcade, Time Attack and Solo Fighter(kind of a cool gimmick in MvC3) would be nice. Training mode too.

- New characters: Mega Man X/Mega Man EXE(if Classic isn't back), Black Panther, Green Goblin, Ms.Marvel, Gene from Godhand.

- Get a good handful of sick stages, shouldn't be too hard, since the last game had them, but be careful with the colors.(people complained about stages being too dark last time.)

- Decent Online

- Tons of color swaps, if it can be managed.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Well, first 6 episodes of Izetta (currently 9), then starting Konosuba with ti's first 2 episodes, and a post-thanksgiving family meeting with pizza, now for snl. I'd say this is a good day.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, ok. What's your favorite book in the HP series?
Haven't read any regrettably, but I'm probably gonna change that ASAP.

That said, I really, really like the Prisoner of Azakaban, the Goblet of Fire and the Sorcerer/Philosopher's Stone. The first one is what started that wonderful magic to begin with, so that helps it's case quite a bit.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Haven't read any regrettably, but I'm probably gonna change that ASAP.

That said, I really, really like the Prisoner of Azakaban, the Goblet of Fire and the Sorcerer/Philosopher's Stone. The first one is what started that wonderful magic to begin with, so that helps it's case quite a bit.
PoA is my favorite out of the books! It's amazing. I also like Deathly Hallows and Order of the Phoenix a lot.
GOF? Eh...well, it's not a bad book, but I'm probably the only person in the world that has it as one of my least favorite books. :lol: Wasn't as interested with the story at hand.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

T.T

Poor lady.

Poor Machamp.

Oh my gosh...

I really like that they put this in the game. Such a small thing and yet it adds so much.
I just happened to chance upon this scene today while searching for Drifloon for that lady in Hau'oli City. I was not at all prepared for those feels... They've put a big new step in the world-building of the Alola region this time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
PoA is my favorite out of the books! It's amazing. I also like Deathly Hallows and Order of the Phoenix a lot.
GOF? Eh...well, it's not a bad book, but I'm probably the only person in the world that has it as one of my least favorite books. :lol: Wasn't as interested with the story at hand.
Order of the Phoenix was quite good as well. And of course I have to say I love the Deathly Hallows, too.

My least favorite might be Chamber of Secrets, but I even enjoyed that one thoroughly. I like all of the films, I think I'll feel the same way about the books.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs not using Edward Elric as an avatar?
Is this the sign of the apocalypse?
Lol no. I still have Edward Elric as my avatar on discord and my anime blog and on youtube. There's more of a balance now with the 10th Doctor on here. The 53rd anniversary of Doctor Who was just a few days ago, so I decided to change things up a bit.

Edit: KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Well, if you thought OoP was good in movie form, wait til you read the book! They leave some things out in the movie, but in the book, there are a few more things that give the 5th installment an extra touch of goodness.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Lol no. I still have Edward Elric as my avatar on discord and my anime blog and on youtube. There's more of a balance now with the 10th Doctor on here. The 53rd anniversary of Doctor Who was just a few days ago, so I decided to change things up a bit.
>Anime blog
Wow, what a major weeb
*hides Black Rock Shooter figurine*

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Edit: KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms Well, if you thought OoP was good in movie form, wait til you read the book! They leave some things out in the movie, but in the book, there are a few more things that give the 5th installment an extra touch of goodness.
I have all but one or two of the books, I believe. My great grand parents gifted me them when I was really young, but I regrettably never got around to reading them...I'm determined to change that as soon as I can.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Omega Ruby Update 3

Sally Camel - Level 22

Kipper - Level 35

Taylor - Level 26

Big Bertha - Level 29

Kira - Level 26
Sal - Level 30

This game is starting get a bit intense now that I needed to get heavy hitters on my team and more type variety. Bertha in particular needed all the most possible set ups before her big evolution soon and the Kalos mons we now ready to journey with me. My strongest mons as of now are in their thirties which are Sal, Kipper, Bellamy (Mightyenna), Shrooms (Breloom), and Wormy (Dustox). The Mt. Chimney encounters with Team Magma were intense, especially with Maxie. Though Kipper and Dustox only made things anti-climatic due to the glaring weaknesses their best mons had. Now the Lavaridge Gym on the other hand was intense due to me trying not to depend too much on Kipper. Sally in particular did well against the Slugmas, but met her match with the other Numel (Damn Earth Power). Taylor and Bertha were the key mons I needed to get that Flame Badge from the wannabe tsundere (Yes, I knew it was an act to begin with). And that leaves one more level to finally get me a strong Swampert with hopefully a Mega Stone soon. I need my Buff Mudskipper Action soon.

By the way, I'm now halfway done with the entire game. Now to celebrate with a Loudred gif.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have all but one or two of the books, I believe. My great grand parents gifted me them when I was really young, but I regrettably never got around to reading them...I'm determined to change that as soon as I can.
I love PoA and DH the most, but OoP is a close third. Out of all 7, OoP, that is the one I want to re-read the most, totally.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
omg...Grimer in Refresh your hand gets covered in slime...

The things we do for our pokemon...:p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know, I've never realized how symbolic that last Gym Battle is.

You proving to your loved one that you are all grown up and ready to join the Pokemon League. As generic as it was fighting two Slakings and a Vigoroth, there is some meaning behind it. Retaliate was the key move of the last Slaking to attempt avenging his fallen allies and keeping the traitor (my Vigoroth) from winning. Not only that, but I finally got Swampert via a perfectly timed evolution after defeating Norman.

And now to experience the worst parts of the game. Too much water and surfing.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man, Kommo-o feels... pretty flawed.
tfw no Close Combat

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Man, Kommo-o feels... pretty flawed.
tfw no Close Combat
What's sorely lacking is his lack of a long, bulging proboscis to thrust into opponents and inject his hot digestive fluid to dissolve them from the inside out and suck out their guts

Compared to other fighting types in this game

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I keep hearing of all these ports that are getting reportedly leaked that's coming to the Switch. Smash, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade X, Pokémon Stars, maybe Pokkén, maybe Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon/SplaTwon.

For the love of God Nintendo please, please port Star Fox Zero and give it some decent controls. That game's ****ing amazing but i can't even count how many times I quit playing because of the pathetic controls.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone heard that
Mohn of poke Pelago is Lillie and Gladion's missing father

I mean, it's the exact same name

D

Deleted member

Just 12 more Zygarde Cells to go...
All of which are only available at night. SIGH

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So this is a great edit I found on tungo.
Just wait until the Pokébank update goes out.

"BAH GAWD, THAT'S HAWLUCHA'S MUSIC!"

~ Booyaka, Booyaka, 619.~

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Does anyone here know if leveling your Pokémon using Isle Evelup's leveling drink forces them to learn new moves as they level up? I'm just curious about that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For the love of God Nintendo please, please port Star Fox Zero and give it some decent controls.
Impossible.

The game design is based around the controls.

Hence the odd angles you have to shoot some bosses at.

Completely impossible without the Wii U gamepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom