• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just found out my friend is busy Monday. Ugh...

Well, so be it. I got a Cranidos here. If you get one before we trade, let me know.
I'll probably just hold out on getting a Cranidos seeing as I can get one from you.
Just tag me whenever you're good to trade.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well then...
And that's Necrozma down...wandering around Ten Carat Hill for a bit...

despite being level frikkin 75!!! it wasn't so difficult to capture...also helped that it appeared to be slow AF as both Tapu Koko (lv 60) and Kommo-o (lv 67) appeared to outspeed it which made getting the paralysis and dropping it's HP to 1 a bit easier without my mons getting bodied so quickly...
Seems to have a signature move which is a Psychic type Hyper Beam which is cool...Kinda disappointed it's just a pure Psychic type, one of the few things I didn't know going into the game trying to figure out what it's typing could be (same with some of the Ultra Beasts, kinda cool I managed to guess Kartana's typing correctly)...though I did figure Psychic was involved but I didn't think it's be pure...

Went and spoke with Looker afterwards since he described seeing something that matches Necrozma's description and I dunno what I was expecting from him but I guess it wasn't much...

Either way, this Necrozma's an interesting specimen indeed...As some images going around the web pointed out it appears to be made up of pieces of a larger dragon-like creature...I wonder what Game Freak's plan is for this thing...perhaps there will be other Necrozma like Pokemon that will form other parts of the creature? Or maybe it will be another Kyurem situation as it may possibly fuse with Solgaleo and/or Lunala and create some powerful cosmic inter-dimensional chimera? Maybe it will fuse with Ultra Beasts?

And maybe it's none of the above and it is just what it is...I'm thinking Pokemon Stars may be looking more plausible at this point, though we still don't have much to go off of other than rumours...

It's funny how we all thought it was one of the Ultra Beasts, yet Looker mistook it for an Ultra Beast and the Pokedex mentions that it was 'presumed to be an Ultra beast'...Game Freak had this planned all along!!!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So apparently, Marvel vs Capcom 4 will be at PSX thanks to a source at NeoGAF and Mr. Wizard

Take that with a grain of salt

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What games do you like but everyone else seems to hate?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sonic 06. I can't think of any other good examples. Maybe Zelda II?

Also, Shadow the Hedgehog was met with love and hate too much for me to count it among the question. I didn't think of it probably due to this.

I'd say Quest 64, but I met quite a few fans on a new Discord server I joined, so...(plus, it has a pretty nice GameFAQs forum with some rather dedicated fans).

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Tomb Raider reboot
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Megaman X5
Star Fox Assault
Sunset Overdrive
Sonic 3D Blast
NFL Blitz 2011

I have a lot of these

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
So apparently, Marvel vs Capcom 4 will be at PSX thanks to a source at NeoGAF and Mr. Wizard

Take that with a grain of salt
I'm personally not holding my breathe until there's something official. That being said I'd hope for two things for a MvC 4. Good netcode for one. And something as good as this:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People hate this?

I hear more people being just "meh" about it "not as good as X4, not as bad as X6".

FWIW though, it's my favorite of the PSX MMX games. I never liked 4 too much and X6 is... a hot mess.
Same here. Plus X4 is more of a Zero game than a X game and I always loved playing X so it felt kinda empty as X

Also there are people that hate it. Hell, their main complaint is always either Alia (which is irrelevant in most cases) and the back tracking (which I don't 100% X games outside of X1-2 which were the only ones feasible)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People hate this?

I hear more people being just "meh" about it "not as good as X4, not as bad as X6".

FWIW though, it's my favorite of the PSX MMX games. I never liked 4 too much and X6 is... a hot mess.
I actually liked X5 because it's the only X game I owned since 1

Never played 4

People complain about the cut scenes though. They are "Too often"

Honestly I found the gameplay really smooth and enjoyable in X5

It's got an AVGN episode that partially focuses on it though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just beat the E4 in Sun and Moon.

The ending hit me right in the feels!

Also:

Lana caught a freaking shiny Wishiwashi!!!!

When can I get one of those?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I would say Sonic Unleashed, but I feel like that's starting to get more of the recognition it deserves.

Star Fox: Assault has always been my favorite in the series. And I think if they ironed out the kinks, we could of gotten something great with that formula.

Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic Lost World are also some examples. Though I do acknowledge they are very flawed.

I'm not sure how well people think of this game, but I remember really enjoying the video game that tied in with the first Cars movie as a kid.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a weird event someone discovered:

It gets you a moon stone but might be a hint for Stars.

D

Deleted member

3D mortal kombat games, that's the first thing that comes to my mind. Especially coming from a perspective of someone who grew up with both those and the old 2D ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have to say...

I rather enjoyed...

Star Fox Zero
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
The Legend of Zelda:Skyward Sword
Street Fighter V
Yoshi's Island DS
Star Fox Assault
Pokemon X and Y
Game and Wario
Sonic Heroes
The Legend of Zelda:Spirit Tracks
Far Cry Primal

I know people think I like everything blindly but trust me... I've played a lot of games made by these publishers I can't stand.

Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder is the worst game I've ever played.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Is there any game I like that doesn't fall under this?

Granted, that's an exaggeration of the situation, but my seeing internet hype/someone else IRL playing something/getting a gift, playing something, and then having the internet turn out to despise it en masse is almost some kind of sick running gag at this point.

Post Gen 1 Pokemon, post classic-era Sonic, Kid Icarus: Uprising, the three latest American-released Fire Emblem titles (counting Fates as a single entity instead of three separate games) which just happen to be the three most hated, XCX, Smash Bros isn't really hated but the way people act it may as well be. . .

Granted the games considered to be bad even compared to others I've played within their own series tend to get a bit more of a lukewarm reception from me rather than flat out enjoyment, but I still don't have any kind of hatred towards them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have to say...

I rather enjoyed...

Star Fox Zero
Street Fighter V
Yoshi's Island DS
Star Fox Assault
Pokemon X and Y
Game and Wario
Sonic Heroes
Far Cry Primal

I know people think I like everything blindly but trust me... I've played a lot of games made by these publishers I can't stand.

I still dont get th hate to X and Y
Or Spirit Tracks oh god I loved Spirit Tracks and my sister loved Skyward Sword

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
PMD: Gates to Infinity
Sonic 3D Blast
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks
FE: Sacred Stones if that counts as it seems to be a black sheep of the series, but not completely hated.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
3D mortal kombat games, that's the first thing that comes to my mind.
Deadly Alliance and Deception are pretty decent and fun.

It's Armageddon that everyone hates and that's legitimate

I have to say...

I rather enjoyed...

Star Fox Zero
Street Fighter V
Yoshi's Island DS
Star Fox Assault
Pokemon X and Y
Game and Wario
Sonic Heroes
Far Cry Primal

SFV isn't bad but for what it had at launched and how much it cost at the time, that was an issue.

Now if that same game was released today with all the content it has now, people would have given it a better chance

Everything else is just meh.

Star Fox Assault just needs a revamp on the controls, update the multiplayer also adding in online and have the option to play a Star Wolf campaign and that game would have a legitimate chance than before

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
While it doesn't really receive any flat out hate, I really enjoyed the first Shantae game on GameBoy Color.

It's archaic as all hell, but it was still pretty fun. Just outdated compared to Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, that reminds me. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for the Wii. Amazing roster choices. Just needed online and it'd be near perfect to me. Albeit, it does have gameplay issues and the Konquest Mode is trash. But besides the balance and that, I don't see the big issue with it. It wasn't perfect by any means, but Mortal Kombat has always been extremely unbalanced, so...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ice Climber.

And to a lesser extent as far as how much it's hated (mainly just "hardcore" internet backdraft), Angry Birds. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have to say...

I rather enjoyed...

Star Fox Zero
Street Fighter V
Yoshi's Island DS
Star Fox Assault
Pokemon X and Y
Game and Wario
Sonic Heroes
Far Cry Primal

Since that was my one and only dabble into the Chibi-Robo series, I will say that cleaning up areas wasn't so bad of a way to kill time and I actually didn't mind the QR so much as I figured out I could simply sketch the outline of anything I was missing in order to cheat and count it as added.

I will also say that the unskippable incredibly long reminders to stop playing the game were one of the worst things I've ever seen in a video game, considering it took quite a while to deal with an area at a time it felt like it popped up almost constantly, and I think further progression was eventually walled behind a minigame that I wasn't skilled enough to beat and I just gave up at that point.

I never want Nintendo to try to babysit me ever again but I've probably played several games I've had less enjoyment out of for one reason or another.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This might be hard for me to do since I'm more of a "How much did I enjoy this?" rather than a "Is this a good game or bad game?" person. Like, I don't think I've ever said "This game is such a horrible game!" once in my life. It's either, "I had so much fun with this game!" or "This isn't a bad game. I enjoyed myself nicely." Even when there are very obvious flaws in a game, I tend to find something that I enjoy about the game.
That being said, for the list of games I've played, I seem to enjoy games that are more or less ignored rather than hated. I guess Castlevania Portrait of Ruin somewhat counts since that game is considered the worst out of the 3 Castlevania DS games, but personally I enjoyed all 3 Castlevania DS games. Otherwise, the other games I like either:
-have alot of hatred to them, but are also liked or loved just as much.
-are mostly ignored rather than hated.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh, that reminds me. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for the Wii. Amazing roster choices. Just needed online and it'd be near perfect to me. Albeit, it does have gameplay issues and the Konquest Mode is trash. But besides the balance and that, I don't see the big issue with it. It wasn't perfect by any means, but Mortal Kombat has always been extremely unbalanced, so...
I think the biggest issue was that EVERYTHING was rushed in that roster.

Reused movesets and fighting styles, butchered designs (are you really gonna defend Motaro in that game) and it was filled with the era of characters everyone hates

Even ones Boon regrets. Which were a lot. Its why the the only non-UMK3 that can be still used are Quan-Chi and Kenshi

The only other characters are Frost and maybe Fujin

Ice Climber.

And to a lesser extent as far as how much it's hated (mainly just "hardcore" internet backdraft), Angry Birds. :p
Angry Birds is fine but it does get tiresome and Ice Climber is legit fun

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since that was my one and only dabble into the Chibi-Robo series, I will say that cleaning up areas wasn't so bad of a way to kill time and I actually didn't mind the QR so much as I figured out I could simply sketch the outline of anything I was missing in order to cheat and count it as added.

I will also say that the unskippable incredibly long reminders to stop playing the game were one of the worst things I've ever seen in a video game, considering it took quite a while to deal with an area at a time it felt like it popped up almost constantly, and I think further progression was eventually walled behind a minigame that I wasn't skilled enough to beat and I just gave up at that point.

I never want Nintendo to try to babysit me ever again but I've probably played several games I've had less enjoyment out of for one reason or another.
Like, as more of an app than a video game, I thought it was pretty okay. It was basically that, a camera app with a mini Chibi-Robo game around it.

...the biggest issue is that the 3DS camera is horrible. Or, at least mine was.
That being said I really enjoyed the not-using-the-janky-camera parts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I dont see it as a hint to stars

I just see it as the dude peacing off to the moon
Well there's two things to think about here.

1) He seems to be Mr. Bonding. The last time we saw him was ORAS. But what did we see of him? His beginning. Five mysterious men gave him his powers to help the world. They then disappear. ORAS is then set before XY, which means Sun and Moon has to be after XY. Seems to be a story to connect here.

2) He calls them "star people". A group he left a mysterious power to at some point. He then leaves to go back to space. This could be a story element to bring into Stars if they wanted to. Its way to weird as a standalone quest imo.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Elite four rematch 1
Knowing what to expect makes it a lot easier since I know how to deal with teh matchups a lot better....even though there's a few times I was using pokemon and 'Of course they have that move!' Poor Lilith got bodied by Earthquakes in almost all of the matches she was in...only Kahili's Skarmory didn't have an answer for Lilith (plus taking advantaqe of Salazzle awesome ability to break it's Sturdy)

First Title Defense is Hau fittingly enough after Kukui your next opponent is your rival throughout the game.............but.............Why the hell does he only have five pokemon? This is supposed to be the equivalent of a Champion battle for pete's sakes...

I just love the idea though...In this game YOU are the Champion...not some random movie star, or dragon master, or stone collector, YOU are...It's a nice reverse throwback to Gen I where Blue beat you to it and you approached as teh challenger...a really neat change of pace...
Also interesting to note that the champion can only defend their title if they are able to defeat the Elite Four again, which makes sense if they are unable to do it again then they are no longer worthy of their title, which help may explain why Lance became Champion in Red's absence...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well there's two things to think about here.

1) He seems to be Mr. Bonding. The last time we saw him was ORAS. But what did we see of him? His beginning. Five mysterious men gave him his powers to help the world. They then disappear. ORAS is then set before XY, which means Sun and Moon has to be after XY. Seems to be a story to connect here.

2) He calls them "star people". A group he left a mysterious power to at some point. He then leaves to go back to space. This could be a story element to bring into Stars if they wanted to. Its way to weird as a standalone quest imo.
Well there are also people saying they are sinnoh hints Idk man.
Cant say I care about this stars game so idk what that event was about

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the biggest issue was that EVERYTHING was rushed in that roster.

Reused movesets and fighting styles, butchered designs (are you really gonna defend Motaro in that game) and it was filled with the era of characters everyone hates

Even ones Boon regrets. Which were a lot. Its why the the only non-UMK3 that can be still used are Quan-Chi and Kenshi

The only other characters are Frost and maybe Fujin
Damn straight I'm going to defend Motaro. The backstory was perfect. They were unable to make the centaur gameplay work in 3D at the time, so instead of removing him, they created a reasonable story to explain why he was turned into a Minotaur. He also was able to temporarily act like a centaur during some of it and had some good gameplay.

That alone was the only way that worked, and it was done right. I loved playing as everyone possible. There was no way to balance it out anyway, and don't forget that when the games had an immense amount of characters, they always had tons of similar moves, just mainly different specials. This has barely changed and is actually one of the notable design features of the series. Characters have had many similar moves before. Fatalities was the only exception to this, which is the one thing Armageddon screwed up. The roster was perfect to me in the end. While it didn't have a few extremely obscure characters, it bothered to bring back Khameleon. The fatality system was absolutely poor, though. That cannot be defended. It would've been okay to actually give the created characters that system while just giving a similar set of commands to do regular fatalities. But at the very least, you no longer have to input commands to do a stage fatality, which is mighty nice.

Honestly, I hated the gutted rosters. There were tons of great characters available that barely get any love now. My only issue with Armageddon was getting rid of the really fun mini-games and lack of online(and obviously the terrible Konquest mode. They didn't even try this time. But I can't blame the online entirely on the developers. Nintendo wouldn't let them put anything online till Mario Kart Wii did it first, which was dumb, but whatcha gonna do?)

Also, the only real issue with a lot of the new characters anyway was the overly fanservicey designs. Like Li Mei. There's nothing wrong whatsoever with the character otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Deadly Alliance and Deception are pretty decent and fun.

It's Armageddon that everyone hates and that's legitimate
Yeah, I was specifically referring to those two. I don't really like 4 all that much and I agree about Armaggedon. Great roster in theory, but didn't realy fell like it worked well together and felt so crammed, my biggest problem with it is that like of characterization and atmosphere it had compared to other MK games, which is were MK thrives IMO, especially when I was a kid, playing MK1, 2, and deception back in the day felt pretty ominous and creepy, I quite liked it. I don't know why, but Alliance doesn't have that same feeling for me, and it's not because I didn't play it when I was as young, I only played Deadly Alliance a few years back and I got the same sort of feel. It's hard to describe the exact feeling, but to put it shortly it was the feeling of mystery and death. Which a smaller and more detail roster helps a lot with.(It especially doesn't help when you add in A LOT of bosses right of the bat, even sub bosses like Noob-Smoke had me in wonder at the time.) Yeah, sure, MK is balanced, but balanced gameplay isn't the issue for me, it's the strong characters actually seeing imposing and threatening. I'm fine with them being unlockable, but there shouldn't be A TON of bosses straight from the start. And that's just one of my reasons for why the huge roster just really didn't feel right.

Though there was seemingly more dislike for Deadly Alliance and Deception back when they were more recent. Though this was during a period when people were REALLY hungry for a modern 2D fighting MK game, many people even wanting actors used again for the characters. So after MK 9 came out, I feel that many people actually started to look at the games for what they actually are. Though they do have some dumb content in it, that's something that was apparent in the classics too, especially MK3... In fact, most MK3 fatalities alone sucked IMO. Though every MK game has their good and bad fatalities. Except for Armageddon and MK vs DC. :p (Though MK vs DC was honestly a good game ignoring the lack of violent fatalities.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked Armageddon. It wasn't the best MK but the shear number of characters was fun, the fact they used non canonical characters was nice

And it had a create a kharacter mode

Also it mocked the main character of Deception, who was an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom