• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I've had quite an interesting past few days. AT&T stopped by for some reason, dug a bunch of holes, severed our Comcast cable & internet cable, said "whoops" then left without fixing it. Comcast had to come by today and run a whole new cord through. So, I've been without internet for a few days, and have until Sunday night to finish a research paper for English Comp and a Book Inventory System for Computer Science. Right now that Book Inventory System '.cpp' program is my priority, but I've been getting stuck. Neither the internet nor textbook is helping me out.

On the bright side, Thanksgiving was great, I bought Overwatch from Ebay for $28 and it got here a week early, and I believe I'm about to hit the Elite Four in Pokemon Moon. I'm hoping to get into contact with my friend tonight and exchange an Alolan Sandshrew for an Alolan Vulpix. That's gonna have to wait until I get some more progress done on my program, though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
While I did my PS4, I don't have any games for it yet. Might go for Rise of the Tomb Raider, SFV and Infamous. I would get FFXV but I want my first FF game experience to be the FF7 remake and XV is gonna run like trash since I didn't get a Pro

So, I've had quite an interesting past few days. AT&T stopped by for some reason, dug a bunch of holes, severed our Comcast cable & internet cable, said "whoops" then left without fixing it. Comcast had to come by today and run a whole new cord through. So, I've been without internet for a few days, and have until Sunday night to finish a research paper for English Comp and a Book Inventory System for Computer Science. Right now that Book Inventory System '.cpp' program is my priority, but I've been getting stuck. Neither the internet nor textbook is helping me out.

On the bright side, Thanksgiving was great, I bought Overwatch from Ebay for $28 and it got here a week early, and I believe I'm about to hit the Elite Four in Pokemon Moon. I'm hoping to get into contact with my friend tonight and exchange an Alolan Sandshrew for an Alolan Vulpix. That's gonna have to wait until I get some more progress done on my program, though.
I think AT&T were trying to tell you something

D

Deleted member

Yeah, this week's Jojo episode was good but holy **** if BGS's Soukoku wasn't good
Poor Chuuya tho
But Steinbeck finally got the 10 ton kick to the face he deserved

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What if in diamond pearl remake they add distortion world Ultra Beasts?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Well, I think I'll go fishing in this spot in Seafolk village I haven't bothered with yet."

>Instant Dhelmise

. . .Well thank you, then. That saves me a lot of time.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rockruff is not impressing me and I need a last team member. Perhaps I'll try Dhelmise

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I have a question,
Is Mohn confirmed to be Lusamine's husband? Because I haven't seen anything that suggests that in the game.
Another major hint relating to Mohn being Lusamine's husband is when you talk to Gladion in the postgame. After he gives you Type: Null and its Memory Drives, he talks about his father and how his disappearance probably led to where Lusamine is now, and what he says about his dad matches up with what that one scientist in Burnet's Lab says.

I also know two other characters talk about Professor Mohn in the game. One of them says, "Isn't that the Ultra Wormhole that Professor Mohn discovered" (paraphrased because I don't remember the exact wording), while the other discusses Professor Mohn during the UB Task Force quest (I saw a picture of a scene where the player reads some documents relating to it that Wicke gives you; I'll need to do that post-game quest to verify it though).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm actually tempted to start my Moon playthrough now, there's a bunch of new pokes I'm excited to use, a couple are Moon exclusives like Oranguru and Drampa...
though I still have some unfinished business in Sun that I want to clear up first of all...still haven't made an attempt at Bulu and Fini yet

nor have I attempted E4 rematches or located Necrozma yet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
He is an UB in my headcannon
Well I wouldn't be that surprised if they retconned all the DPP cover legendaries and their leader into being UBs considering what they do, how they look like, and where they're from.

Whether or not the Distortion World has anything aside from Giratina is another matter entirely, though, because me being a Diamond player I remember an inscription implying that everything in the Distortion World had gone extinct save Giratina.

Now, Distortion World FOSSIL POKEMON are a whole other can of worms, but unfortunately that idea is probably too cool to actually be thought of/used. Either that or they just retcon the Distortion World due to how Pokemon continuity works now anyway.

. . .Unfortunately they've never added Pokemon during remakes, though, so that's another issue.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm actually tempted to start my Moon playthrough now, there's a bunch of new pokes I'm excited to use, a couple are Moon exclusives like Oranguru and Drampa...
though I still have some unfinished business in Sun that I want to clear up first of all...still haven't made an attempt at Bulu and Fini yet

nor have I attempted E4 rematches or located Necrozma yet
Necrozma isn't available in the game. It's like Hoop or Volcanion in Kalos.

D

Deleted member

Necrozma isn't available in the game. It's like Hoop or Volcanion in Kalos.
?????

What are you referring to? I have Necrozma myself.

Go to Ten Carat Hill and use a max repel.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We're talking about the little black ghost guy, right?
No, that's Marshadow. Necrozma is that black prism thing that is related to the Ultra Beasts but isn't one itself. Supposedly the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde of Solgaleo and Lunala.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

We're talking about the little black ghost guy, right?
Necrozma is the third member of the box legendary trio, people thought it was a UB. It's based of prisms.

You're thinking of Marshadow which turned out to be the new mythic, not the third member of the main trio.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well I wouldn't be that surprised if they retconned all the DPP cover legendaries and their leader into being UBs considering what they do, how they look like, and where they're from.

Whether or not the Distortion World has anything aside from Giratina is another matter entirely, though, because me being a Diamond player I remember an inscription implying that everything in the Distortion World had gone extinct save Giratina.

Now, Distortion World FOSSIL POKEMON are a whole other can of worms, but unfortunately that idea is probably too cool to actually be thought of/used. Either that or they just retcon the Distortion World due to how Pokemon continuity works now anyway.

. . .Unfortunately they've never added Pokemon during remakes, though, so that's another issue.
Hmmm, I don't think so.

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were all born in the main Pokemon dimension. I mean, even Giratina originally didn't exist in the Distortion World. It was banished there.

Heck Arceus can even create a new one of the trio in HGSS.

I don't think they're Ultra Beasts, just Pokemon that can travel between dimensions.

Now, what I'm curious about is if Arcues and/or Mew have any connection to Ultra Beasts. Did they evolve from Mew? Did Arceus create them and their home?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't even really understand what makes Ultra Beasts different from regular Pokemon.
Basically they come from a different dimension, that's it along with them having exaggerated stats(both high and low), which is because the dimension works differently than the normal pokemon dimension. Each has some bizarre characteristic.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE CONSERVE THAT!

I don't care what has the disease- but I seriously need it. Can you infect and save a Pokemon for me until we can trade? I don't have much but tell me what you want now and I'll see what I can do. I'm a Sun player if it matters.
Late reply but hahaha sure thing.
I'll start infecting Pokemon. Right now I'm just filling time completing the Alola Dex. So maybe just trade me a Pokemon I need. Something easy to get like one of the Fossil Pokemon exclusive to Sun will be fine.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Basically they come from a different dimension, that's it along with them having exaggerated stats(both high and low), which is because the dimension works differently than the normal pokemon dimension. Each has some bizarre characteristic.
Wasn't ORAS also confirmed to be an alternate universe to some of the mainline Pokemon games? This makes a lot of sense if we take that into regard. That seemed to be the explanation why the Fairy type and Mega Evolution didn't exist in the old games, instead of simply retconning it or just saying "we never figured it out".

D

Deleted member

Wasn't ORAS also confirmed to be an alternate universe to some of the mainline Pokemon games? This makes a lot of sense if we take that into regard. That seemed to be the explanation why the Fairy type and Mega Evolution didn't exist in the old games, instead of simply retconning it or just saying "we never figured it out".
Dimension=/=universe
ORAS takes place in an universe where Megas exist
UBs come from a different dimension that is parallel to that in the Pokemon games

Also, Dexio and Sina mention in XY that fhe Fairy typing was "just recently discovered" and it "turned the entire type matchup on its[Sycamore] head"
So yeah, it technically exists aswell in non-Gen 6 timelines

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Dimension=/=universe
ORAS takes place in an universe where Megas exist
UBs come from a different dimension that is parallel to that in the Pokemon games

Also, Dexio and Sina mention in XY that fhe Fairy typing was "just recently discovered" and it "turned the entire type matchup on its[Sycamore] head"
So yeah, it technically exists aswell in non-Gen 6 timelines
Ah, makes sense.

I haven't beaten either OR or AS, so... and I don't remember everything from XY. Thanks for the correction.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is the first in game team I've had a rapid spinner. My sandshrew.

Had a problem with trainers and stealth rocks/ toxic spikes last run

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1 envy
2 lust
2 pride
3 greed
4 sloth
4 wrath
5 gluttony

According to their pokedex entries/ other media

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
By the time I get Moon I'll be late as heck to everything being discussed now. :urg:

____

I've had a long day. Family and I have been getting ready for Christmas already, and it's only going to remain busy for the next several days....

We will be going on a bit of a vacation later in the month though, so that'll be fun!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can you put a name to each?
Lol, can't remember their names.

Best guesses

Jelillie Fish - Parasite that changes shape
Pheramosa - Attracts others
Buzzwole - shows off
Xurkitree - Greedily gathers electricity
Origami Thingy - Doesn't like moving, prefers others to accidentally hurt themselves on it
Celesteela - Destroys in a massive rage
Guzzlord - UB-05 Glutton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom