• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've wanted to do a Straw Poll on a certain tie-clad ape for a while, and it's finally here, performing for you.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11734008

I considered including DK64, but then I decided to limit it to just the 16-bit and modern side scrollers.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've wanted to do a Straw Poll on a certain tie-clad ape for a while, and it's finally here, performing for you.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11734008

I considered including DK64, but then I decided to limit it to just the 16-bit and modern side scrollers.
I've only played DKC 1 (the first video game I ever played, I may add) Returns, and Tropical Freeze.

I'll have to go with Tropical Freeze.

Chrono.

Geez.

Customization options so far are atrocious.

Just a bunch of generic tank tops and some blouses.

Not to mention expensive (especially the shoes).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just caught Solagleo. Great wrap up to the story. Definitely got crazy leading to it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geez.

Customization options so far are atrocious.

Just a bunch of generic tank tops and some blouses.

Not to mention expensive (especially the shoes).
I kind of think they didn't even want to add it. They did say during ORAS customization was only added because French = Fashion. They probably forced it into this game due to fan demand

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Lol, can't remember their names.

Best guesses

Jelillie Fish - Parasite that changes shape
Pheramosa - Attracts others
Buzzwole - shows off
Xurkitree - Greedily gathers electricity
Origami Thingy - Doesn't like moving, prefers others to accidentally hurt themselves on it
Celesteela - Destroys in a massive rage
Guzzlord - UB-05 Glutton
Strange, I was planning on naming Buzzwole wrath based on it's giant muscles (all the better for inflicting vengeful punishment).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Strange, I was planning on naming Buzzwole wrath based on it's giant muscles (all the better for inflicting vengeful punishment).
Yeah, but it's pokedex entry compared to the others and it's personality make it seem the most likely for Pride. If that really is their intention

D

Deleted member

Ranking the DKC games from personal favorite to least favorite.

DKC2
Tropical Freeze (a close second)
DKC1
DKC3

Never owned Returns and barely played it on a cousin's Wii.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally got my hands on Pokemon Sun and Moon Collector's Edition Strategy Guide! I might've already beaten the game, but the book itself is pretty cool. Much like recent strategy guides, it contains concept arts for most of the prominent characters in the game, as well as official artworks that haven't been added to the main website yet.

The collector's edition also contained a special file featuring the concepts art for all of the Kahunas, Lusamine, the Aether Foundation Employees, and facial expressions for Lillie. On the backside of each concept art was a special art of certain location from Alola. It's a pretty sweet package.

Thus, I'm going to be working on uploading the concept arts and the remaining official arts that can currently be found only in the strategy guide for all those that are curious to see them. I'll be starting with the official arts.

For those that want to see the remaining official artworks from Sun and Moon that were revealed in the Strategy Guide, I've scanned the pages, cropped for the artwork of focus, and then compiled them into an Imgur album. You can view these official artworks in the link below:

Pokemon Sun and Moon remaining character official arts

The remaining official arts you'll find in this album are:

Acerola
Nanu
Mina
Hapu

Sadly Burnet, Grimsely, Colress, Anabel, and Kahili didn't have any official artworks present.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
There's only one proper nickname for Buzzwole:

THIS MOSQUITO HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I finally got my hands on Pokemon Sun and Moon Collector's Edition Strategy Guide! I might've already beaten the game, but the book itself is pretty cool. Much like recent strategy guides, it contains concept arts for most of the prominent characters in the game, as well as official artworks that haven't been added to the main website yet.

The collector's edition also contained a special file featuring the concepts art for all of the Kahunas, Lusamine, the Aether Foundation Employees, and facial expressions for Lillie. On the backside of each concept art was a special art of certain location from Alola. It's a pretty sweet package.

Thus, I'm going to be working on uploading the concept arts and the remaining official arts that can currently be found only in the strategy guide for all those that are curious to see them. I'll be starting with the official arts.

For those that want to see the remaining official artworks from Sun and Moon that were revealed in the Strategy Guide, I've scanned the pages, cropped for the artwork of focus, and then compiled them into an Imgur album. You can view these official artworks in the link below:

Pokemon Sun and Moon remaining character official arts

The remaining official arts you'll find in this album are:

Acerola
Nanu
Mina
Hapu

Sadly Burnet, Grimsely, Colress, Anabel, and Kahili didn't have any official artworks present.
Why would
Colress and Grimsley have official art when they're barely even in the game.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Why would
Colress and Grimsley have official art when they're barely even in the game.
True that, but Grimley's new design does have concept artwork unlike the other Battle Tree trainers.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
By the time I get Moon I'll be late as heck to everything being discussed now. :urg:
Azure just got his copy today and it will be a long time for him to play since he also had gotten Omega Ruby yesterday from Black Friday.

You are not alone on the Sun/Moon lateness, trust me.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alright then...Tapu Koko's going to have to join me to help me catch it's brethren...

D

Deleted member

I always find it strange whenever characters that are empty slots for the player DONT have varied costumization.

Alright then...Tapu Koko's going to have to join me to help me catch it's brethren...
Good luck, they're such a pain to catch. Koko for an example wouldn't even get the ball to shake once until I accidently hit run and started the game all over again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Omega Ruby Update 2

Bellamy - Level 13

Kipper - Level 15

T - Level 13

Ziggy - Level 13

Wormy - Level 12
Shrooms - Level 11

Rustboro City's Gym wasn't so bad, my Mudkip curbstomped most of the Geodudes there (including Roxanne's). It was only her Nosepass that was giving me trouble since he's a pure Rock Type as opposed to the dual Rock/Ground type. Got a total of 8 mons now (including the not named Skitty and Slakoth that were recent additions). I currently have a solid team of mostly Normal Types with at least a Bug/Poison, Grass, Dark, and Water Ground. Still on a look out for that Whismur as I stalk a certain Team Magma member down Route 116. So far, so good on a difficulty skill. Here's to hoping I find more diverse types on the way. Ziggy shall act as my Cut HM slave for now while Pancham and Venipede will be transferred soon.

Attachments

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I always find it strange whenever characters that are empty slots for the player DONT have great costumization.

Good luck, they're such a pain to catch. Koko for an example wouldn't even get the ball to shake once until I accidently hit run and started the game all over again.
Koko wasn't that bad (I think you're given an opportunity to re-capture it if you fail similar to Depxys in the Delta Episode, I could be mistaken because I caught it in one try)....Lele took two tries simply because I accidentally killed it the first time...

But Fini with it's Aqua Ring and Accuracy Lowering Muddy Water just doesn't want to co-operate...

The joy's of catching legends...and to think they NERFed Quick balls and Timer balls as well...the two poke-balls that made catching legends that much less frustrating...

Edit: Despite the Nerf Timer ball came through after several tries...Bulu's next!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Koko wasn't that bad (I think you're given an opportunity to re-capture it if you fail similar to Depxys in the Delta Episode, I could be mistaken because I caught it in one try)....Lele took two tries simply because I accidentally killed it the first time...

But Fini with it's Aqua Ring and Accuracy Lowering Muddy Water just doesn't want to co-operate...

The joy's of catching legends...and to think they NERFed Quick balls and Timer balls as well...the two poke-balls that made catching legends that much less frustrating...
Well, the thing about KoKo is that as soon as I got the second chance I threw a quick ball and it catched it on the first turn. :p Fini's aqua ring actually helped me get it to a stable red, otherwise I would've accidently killed it a lot. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm waiting until my catcher Smeargle is ready before I go for the Tapus. It's my current objective in fact.

Catcher Smeargle
Smeargle@Metronome
Adamant
Own Tempo
252 Attack/Speed, 6 HP
False Swipe/Spore/Soak/Skill Swap

With this setup, Smeargle can Soak potential catches, like Tapu Bulu, who are immune to Spore and/or False Swipe, and Skill Swap let's me identify the potential catch's ability. Metronome makes False Swipe more powerful as its consecutively used, which is why I opted out of Technician for Own Tempo, because Own Tempo allows Smeargle to avoid getting confused by Zubat, etc..

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, the thing about KoKo is that as soon as I got the second chance I threw a quick ball and it catched it on the first turn. :p Fini's aqua ring actually helped me get it to a stable red, otherwise I would've accidently killed it a lot. :p
Yeah that was the nice thing about the Aqua Ring but when it lowers your accuracy with Muddy Water it just gains more and more health as you keep missing...Either way I have my DDancing False Swiping Kommo-o so I don't need to worry about accidentally killing it...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Omega Ruby Update 2

Bellamy - Level 13

Kipper - Level 15

T - Level 13

Ziggy - Level 13

Wormy - Level 12
Shrooms - Level 11

Rustboro City's Gym wasn't so bad, my Mudkip curbstomped most of the Geodudes there (including Roxanne's). It was only her Nosepass that was giving me trouble since he's a pure Rock Type as opposed to the dual Rock/Ground type. Got a total of 8 mons now (including the not named Skitty and Slakoth that were recent additions). I currently have a solid team of mostly Normal Types with at least a Bug/Poison, Grass, Dark, and Water Ground. Still on a look out for that Whismur as I stalk a certain Team Magma member down Route 116. So far, so good on a difficulty skill. Here's to hoping I find more diverse types on the way. Ziggy shall act as my Cut HM slave for now while Pancham and Venipede will be transferred soon.

Why do I get the feeling you named Dustox "Wormy" because of a certain episode? :laugh:

Good luck on your next journey to the new gym. Unless you don't want a Makuhita, then Pancham should be fine assuming his fights against Meditite/Medicham shouldn't be too much trouble. As for Venipede, he would be a decent Poison/Bug mon if you are fine with having a tank as opposed to a well rounded mon like Dustox.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why do I get the feeling you named Dustox "Wormy" because of a certain episode? :laugh:

Good luck on your next journey to the new gym. Unless you don't want a Makuhita, then Pancham should be fine assuming his fights against Meditite/Medicham shouldn't be too much trouble. As for Venipede, he would be a decent Poison/Bug mon if you are fine with having a tank as opposed to a well rounded mon like Dustox.
Weeeeellllll.....

You've got me. Also, Dustox's face is close enough when we compare their eyes. :laugh:

Nah, I'd rather have a delinquent panda like my adorable "Kira" over that generic sumo wrestler (as good as his stats are).

Or why not have both? "Killerpede" is definitely filling the gap I've missed with "Deathpede" in Pokemon Black. But of course, I never kept or transferred any of my much older Pokemon as ridiculous as that may sound to some of the hardcore fans around here.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Late reply but hahaha sure thing.
I'll start infecting Pokemon. Right now I'm just filling time completing the Alola Dex. So maybe just trade me a Pokemon I need. Something easy to get like one of the Fossil Pokemon exclusive to Sun will be fine.
Got it. I'll have a Sun exclusive fossil for you. I can't trade right now but I'll keep you updated.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dusk Ball come through, that's Bulu down...wasn't even that bad, turns out Fini just decided to be a *****!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got it. I'll have a Sun exclusive fossil for you. I can't trade right now but I'll keep you updated.
Thanks!
I've got to work in about an hour, so if you can't trade before then, I'll just trade with you tomorrow.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Thanks!
I've got to work in about an hour, so if you can't trade before then, I'll just trade with you tomorrow.
Well the thing is, I myself don't have WiFi. In order to trade, I have to go visit a friend of mine and bum off his Wifi. So I won't be able to trade today or tomorrow. Maybe Monday? I'm not sure. I'll let you know.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well the thing is, I myself don't have WiFi. In order to trade, I have to go visit a friend of mine and bum off his Wifi. So I won't be able to trade today or tomorrow. Maybe Monday? I'm not sure. I'll let you know.
I'll have a few days off by then anyway, so I guess in the meantime, I'll keep infecting while completing the Dex.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile, Pokemon battles are slow as molasses when you try fighting with your own Slakoth.

But it will be worth it to get your own Vigoroth soon.

Chrono.

I can't stop thinking about how sleazy the new Gentleman trainer class looks like.
Look at him.

He looks like he'd be the only old guy at a singles bar hitting on all the 20 year olds.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Got Tapu Lele, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, and Kartana. All four were pretty easy to tackle compared to Koko, and I got a nice set of four Katanas with three different natures between them, with the one extra being perfect for trading if anyone was interested *hint hint*. Also, there's some interesting stuff coming up about the Ultra Wormholes, though I've only scratched the surface on it.

Next up is Bulu and Gluttony, I'm still debating over Bulu since I'm trying to decide whether I want an Adamant or Jolly nature. Both would be good on it, so it's just a matter of if I want the pure power or better speed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom