• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The lighthouse area in Konikoni City can be accessed through Digglet's Tunnel with the use of Machamp

Kala'e Bay is accessed through Seward Cave, which itself is accessed through a secret passage in Melemele Meadow

Yeah, I've known about protecting your Champion title, my friends were really hyped about it and while they didn't say what it was, they said "it's something we've always wanted and waited for" and I had seen some people speculate about it

Neat detail about it being your own theme though
Ah, now I feel a bit dense. I keep missing areas. Oh well, scratch that off the list of things I'm keeping in the back of my mind for now, I'll check that out soon.

I highly doubt a game that may or may not exsist is why.

I think its just because those pokemon were never on the islands to begin with.
The other two actually are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The lighthouse area in Konikoni City can be accessed through Digglet's Tunnel with the use of Machamp

Kala'e Bay is accessed through Seward Cave, which itself is accessed through a secret passage in Melemele Meadow

Yeah, I've known about protecting your Champion title, my friends were really hyped about it and while they didn't say what it was, they said "it's something we've always wanted and waited for" and I had seen some people speculate about it

Neat detail about it being your own theme though
Man I really should have payed closer attention to the areas while going through the game. So there's a lighthouse area? I was wondering what that was, I heard that's where the cell everyone is missing is. I think anyway, the guy could be wrong.

Speaking of things that I have heard that are wrong and the champion defense. One detail that I wish was real but turned out not to be from what I heard is that the challenger that beats you takes the champion seat. Sadly, that's not the case. Would be a nice detail though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
Barring Battle Tree, some dex completion, and... 2 fights for someone's sidequst...
I've completd moon!

edit: Crap, I'm lacking Zygarde cells... only at about 70/100

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Man I really should have payed closer attention to the areas while going through the game. So there's a lighthouse area? I was wondering what that was, I heard that's where the cell everyone is missing is. I think anyway, the guy could be wrong.
There's no Zygarde Cell there. I only just went to the Light House way after getting all of them.
You get a Will-o-Wisp tm though

D

Deleted member

There's no Zygarde Cell there. I only just went to the Light House way after getting all of them.
You get a Will-o-Wisp tm though

Thank you. That's still helpful as that was something I am also searching for.

D

Deleted member

Ah, now I feel a bit dense. I keep missing areas. Oh well, scratch that off the list of things I'm keeping in the back of my mind for now, I'll check that out soon.

The other two actually are.
I forgot to mention but you can't access the lighthouse itself, only the area around it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah Pokemon Stars really does seem likely. Will it be HD though?
The rumor said it would have redone assets, and the Pokemon and Trainer assets are already stored in 1080p.

Even if you don't buy into the leaks, a lot of the textures of stuff like, say, the outside of a Pokemon Center would look noticeably off on any higher definition of a screen than the 3DS so it's not a huge jump to assume that they'll be touched up.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
HD models were found in the game apparently, so yeah
Question: Favourite trials captains? Mine are Lana and Acerola so far
Those are mine too. I'd like Mina more if she actually had a trial.

Which I do believe she will have one in Stars.

D

Deleted member

Acerola and Ilima are may favorite ones
Though I like Lana's design too
As for the Kahunas
I like all of them but Nanu has that smirk and Hapu is just the best
oh, look what I found on 4chan
Nothing related to the game, just a large picture
Considering Hau's goal, I'd love to see him make an appearence as a Kahuna in a future game, even if just a cameo

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My sister better be lying

she just said she saw someone say Lunala was trasngender?
*Captain Picard*

Not that there aren't animals that can shift from one gender to another under environmental circumstances and that there wouldn't be a question of how a sapient being would view that, but they typically aren't mammals.

What would even give the impression of Lunala being trans?

Also I was under the impression Solgaleo and Lunala either bred or did the cosmic eldritch lifeforce mixing equivalent of such in order to generate Cosmog, so how would that even work under that assumption? Either they're assuming Solgaleo is trans as well or there's a question to be begged.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cosmog doesn't HAVE a gender, and Cosmoem is an embryo, not yet fully developed. Solgaleo is stated as male while Lunala is female, which makes sense as an embryo develops into a male or female
would they have put the symbols next to their names then if they are male and female? Oh well, thats not important really, I gave Luna a dumb name anyway lol

and its getting its ass kicked by dark moves, of course. I love you Dot

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*Captain Picard*

Not that there aren't animals that can shift from one gender to another under environmental circumstances and that there wouldn't be a question of how a sentient being would view that, but they typically aren't mammals.
Clownfish do that iirc
OH ****
NOW I KNOW WHY MELVIN DESPERATELY TRIED TO FIND NEMO
Also there's a parasite that makes crabs female. ****, can't we have those too?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why would you want a parasite living inside you?

this kills the man
Actually, that parasite doesn't kill the crab. It makes it female and make the crab lay 'eggs', the parasite
I'm trans, I want a female body
would they have put the symbols next to their names then if they are male and female? Oh well, thats not important really, I gave Luna a dumb name anyway lol

and its getting its *** kicked by dark moves, of course. I love you Dot
They should have. Though they didn't

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
what Im saying is a parasite would kill a human pff

Unless there are some parasites that dont kill humans
You can make the case that unborn children technically are, as they feed off and potentially harm the "host." :p

Regarding the Lunala / Solgaleo being trans, I think a case can be made. They technically go from
Cosmog not having a gender, to Cosmoem, to Lunala/Solgaleo explicitly stated as being female/male. In this case, going from non-gendered to gendered. On the other hand, it's also possible that Cosmog was male/female all along, but was harder to tell/communicate. It could go either way.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Also there's a parasite that makes crabs female. ****, can't we have those too?
Actually, that parasite doesn't kill the crab. It makes it female and make the crab lay 'eggs', the parasite
I'm trans, I want a female body
........overthinking
would it work the same way, making the female body male? What about those who consider themselves neither male or female?
Again, overthinking.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I think the answer is already there somewhere, but
Cosmog and its evolved forms are actually Ultra Beasts, not legendaries, right?
...Or are they both?
I mean, the cries of many of those Pokemon have this weird "zoooom" sound effect in them. ...Best way I can explain it.

----

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You can make the case that unborn children technically are, as they feed off and potentially harm the "host." :p
:228:Opo, why
...Or are they both?
I mean, the cries of many of those Pokemon have this weird "zoooom" sound effect in them. ...Best way I can explain it.

----
I just count them as genderless as any other legendary. Whats more important isnt the gender of a pokemon, its me being Champian

Unless its Salandit who has to evolve

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My sister better be lying

she just said she saw someone say Lunala was trasngender?
Everyone knows Marill is the only transgender Pokemon
Cosmog doesn't HAVE a gender, and Cosmoem is an embryo, not yet fully developed. Solgaleo is stated as male while Lunala is female, which makes sense as an embryo develops into a male or female
Are they referred as such? I can't remember
But still, neither have a gender icon though fhat could actually be for their sex considering how breeding works
*Captain Picard*

Not that there aren't animals that can shift from one gender to another under environmental circumstances and that there wouldn't be a question of how a sapient being would view that, but they typically aren't mammals.

What would even give the impression of Lunala being trans?

Also I was under the impression Solgaleo and Lunala either bred or did the cosmic eldritch lifeforce mixing equivalent of such in order to generate Cosmog, so how would that even work under that assumption? Either they're assuming Solgaleo is trans as well or there's a question to be begged.
Arceus shenanigans I guess

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
...Or are they both?

----
To answer this vaguely, yes, they are.
The Cosmog line is, in fact, part of the UB family.

Necrozma is the odd one...it's somehow related to Solgaleo/Lunala, but ISN'T an Ultra Beast.

D

Deleted member

Also, just watched the new Jojo
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen I thought you had actually spoiled me you ****ing *******
To answer this vaguely, yes, they are.
The Cosmog line is, in fact, part of the UB family.

Necrozma is the odd one...it's somehow related to Solgaleo/Lunala, but ISN'T an Ultra Beast.
Technically
Solgaleo/Lunala ARE Ultra Beasts but they're not from the same dimension as the others
It's mentioned Cosmog jumped around other dimensions before reaching the SM one

Man, UBs are something I hope they expand upon, because the fact there are multiple different dimensions wifh completely different Pokemon leaves a lot of questions to be asked

Burruni

Smash Hero
...Or are they both?

----
Cosmog's line are emmisarial pokemon who bridge the gap between the realms.
They are Legendary Pokemon who can travel between.
Take it like Giratina.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
THE NEW JOJOs WAS HYPE!
Kiawe and Sophocles.
I swear Sophocles is my spirit animal sometimes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...Or are they both?

----
They're both. Kind of, as in they originate from a different dimension as the UBs(Not the same one though.), though unlike the other UBs they aren't really reffered to as UBs when mentioned and are instead regarded as Legendaries. Same goes for Necrozma possibly considering it's related in some way, likely from their dimension rather than where the other UBs came from.

Also late edit due to the page glitching out again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom