• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The madmen actually put up another trailer.

That feeling when you realize Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio have a different skin tone (seems like they're sunburned, which is fitting), yet the game makes them look the same as their normal counterparts without the hair and different ground texture. :p

Also, Glutton looks pretty cool in-game and in its official artwork; really digging that color scheme.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally like ponytails (Don't judge me) but I don't think it fits Lillie
I like her initial outfit more

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, it's the 10th anniversary to a certain game, one that continues to haunt the franchise to this very day.
There's nothing more about this game that hasn't been said. The game is bad, terrible even. It did some things right, the music being one of the series' best, Shadow's story being pretty decent, and the opening has one of my favorite Sonic moments.
(even though this cutscene seemed to have used up all of Sonic's personality in the game)

I also feel the game impacted the reception of other Sonic games, mainly Sonic Unleashed. Say what you will about the Werehog, but the game is MUCH better than 06.

I would love to see the return of the Adventure formula one day, but we may never see that thanks to this game.

Regardless, I still have faith in Sonic. While Rise of Lyric is arguably worse, that wasn't done by Sonic Team. We've gotten good, even great Sonic games since 06. I don't support Sonic because I want him to be good, I support Sonic because I know he can good, and I look forward to both Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, someone posted a cosplay of Chi and I said "I'd like to press the on button on that chobit"

I'm an ass

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, it's the 10th anniversary to a certain game, one that continues to haunt the franchise to this very day.
There's nothing more about this game that hasn't been said. The game is bad, terrible even. It did some things right, the music being one of the series' best, Shadow's story being pretty decent, and the opening has one of my favorite Sonic moments.
(even though this cutscene seemed to have used up all of Sonic's personality in the game)

I also feel the game impacted the reception of other Sonic games, mainly Sonic Unleashed. Say what you will about the Werehog, but the game is MUCH better than 06.

I would love to see the return of the Adventure formula one day, but we may never see that thanks to this game.

Regardless, I still have faith in Sonic. While Rise of Lyric is arguably worse, that wasn't done by Sonic Team. We've gotten good, even great Sonic games since 06. I don't support Sonic because I want him to be good, I support Sonic because I know he can good, and I look forward to both Sonic Mania and Project Sonic 2017.
And it marks the one and only time we've really seen Eggman with a realistic, proportional design.

There's a good reason why they've really dropped it after this game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So with regards to certain characters coming back for Sun and Moon...

I vaguely remember it being leaked that Lance, Zinnia, N, and AZ were coming back as well, alongside the ones that did pan out. It seems they don't show up at all though, unless they're not only non-battlers but also well hidden.

Any idea what happened? Cut content, misinformation?

For non spoiler stuff, what characters would you like to see reappear in other Pokémon games?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And it marks the one and only time we've really seen Eggman with a realistic, proportional design.

There's a good reason why they've really dropped it after this game.
Too spoopy for me.

And I though the Americanized Eggman (Robotnik) from the Genesis box art/artwork was creepy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be honest, what's more scarier than Ultra Beast Gluttony's design is the disturbing amount of voraphiles open to him.

Like eeewww. :urg:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So with regards to certain characters coming back for Sun and Moon...

I vaguely remember it being leaked that Lance, Zinnia, N, and AZ were coming back as well, alongside the ones that did pan out. It seems they don't show up at all though, unless they're not only non-battlers but also well hidden.

Any idea what happened? Cut content, misinformation?

For non spoiler stuff, what characters would you like to see reappear in other Pokémon games?
I'd really like to see Ethan/Gold and Silver return in Sun/Moon...and Lance...

I'd definitely be down for Steven and Zinnia and the Hoenn E4 even though they were in the latest games...

Hilda, Dawn, and Kris would be my choices for other returning protags as well...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
This AAA year on gaming started on DOOM and left on overwatch,what a mess.
I dunno if I'd say this year was a mess at all.

Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 are both considered really good games and Final Fantasy XV is shaping up really well. Forza Horizon 3 is said to be the best racing game in a while. Last Guardian is coming out and that could turn out to be really good. And there's still other great games out there.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

It's going to be a week since the election. It's still a little surreal, but this dumb stuff makes the pill a little easier to swallow. A little.

If you have not peeped Dave Chappelle's speech on SNL about all this, you should right now. Probably the best one since this whole mess.

At least Pokemon is coming out this week, so there's that. It'll be nice to unwind a little bit.

Lastly, a shameless twitter plug. I had an account since forever, but I decided to revive it. Check it out if you want. https://twitter.com/MFViewitful

Chrono.

So this fighting game trailer just showed up on Playstation's channel.

And they ripped off Evil Ryu's Ultra @ 0:27

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Is "Easiest" ever a really good selling point for a game?
I'm not saying easy is bad, making something more accessible does wonders, but, like... I dunno.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Examining details to analyze the competition.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

I actually am familiar with David Sirlin, the guy behind this. It's always interesting to see a new contender in this fighting game circle that is usually dominated by a few companies like Capcom, Arc System Works, and Namco. I'm genuinely curious on this. David Sirlin did make some questionable decision in HDR, so I can't say it's going to be a guaranteed hit though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man I can't get over how perfect Incineroar's Z-move is. Only makes me more sure I'm making the right choice. Cat wrestlers? Who knew?
I'm pretty sure this guy did.

He knows what's up. Naming my Pokemon this gen after Fighting game characters.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Is "Easiest" ever a really good selling point for a game?
I'm not saying easy is bad, making something more accessible does wonders, but, like... I dunno.
It immediately reminded me of Rising Thunder.

I have no idea how that game went prior to getting canned.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been eating nonstop since a bit before I posted that Glutton tweet and only stopped 5 minutes ago. Y'all thought I was kidding
Also saw someone say they were tired of the SA3 facebook page being mocked and that the people making fun of it are worse.
Considering that group had a hissyfit because that charity thing Sega did. Suuure, they aren't that bad /s

holy **** this looks kinda bad

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

I think that team was bought out by Riot (League of Legends people). I'm sure they got plans for that team.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Only for days away and I STILL can't decide what to nickname my Alolan Raichu.

What do you guys think: Puka or Pancakes (no 3rd option please)?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wow. That's pretty blatant. And people got mad at that one Marvel Mobile game. I know it's early, but the gameplay looks rather clunky and floaty. Not too interested.

Pretty damn well from what I heard. People did take a liking to it.

I think that team was bought out by Riot (League of Legends people). I'm sure they got plans for that team.
Yeah, it'd make sense for it to be a League fighting spin-off, from a money making standpoint anyhow.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, post game story spoilers.

I know Anabel is a "faller" from the old timeline. And I know she's helping Looker investigate UBs. Beyond that though, I know nothing about the post game and would like to keep it that way.

Namely I don't know the specifics of how it happened. However, I have a theory.

What if Looker is ALSO a faller? What if when you find him in ORAS, it's immediately after falling out of a wormhole? What if he, too, is a remnant of the old timeline?
I'm excited.

Soul.

In Sun and Moon, you can check your opponent's team by pressing Y in local/online battles.

I love these QoL changes

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So, post game story spoilers.

I know Anabel is a "faller" from the old timeline. And I know she's helping Looker investigate UBs. Beyond that though, I know nothing about the post game and would like to keep it that way.

Namely I don't know the specifics of how it happened. However, I have a theory.

What if Looker is ALSO a faller? What if when you find him in ORAS, it's immediately after falling out of a wormhole? What if he, too, is a remnant of the old timeline?
I'm excited.
Woah, you mean they bring up the alternate universe thing from the delta episode? Cool!
...Are there any ties to Kalos lore in Sun and Moon? I hope so. I felt like there was too much left unanswered in X and Y.

----

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This was on serebii, about Necrozma

Definitely more to him then it seems

Last edited:
Status