• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Only for days away and I STILL can't decide what to nickname my Alolan Raichu.

What do you guys think: Puka or Pancakes (no 3rd option please)?
Puka is the best answer here.

And that file name for necrazma is hilarious.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I agree but what about it looks like ****?

I want to know so we don't make the same mistakes.
It looks primative. Like it looks worst than KOF 14 when it was FIRST shown off

Animation looks stiff, you just don't feel those hits and overall it looks so unpolished and bland.

Plus it doesn't help that the trailer looks amateurish

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I-is this real?

Where is the Pokémon Company and GameFreak going with this?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Never forget...

MFW:
Considering people haven't let go of the situation once that entire decade and we're still not allowed to have multiple playable characters in the mainline games because of it, it certainly is hard to believe that such a long time has passed.

. . .*sigh* I just want Tails back, man. How many more decades am I going to have to wait for that?

. . .Also oh look it's Bob the Tomato.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This dude's file name on the website is literally just "3rdlegendary."

Picture removed. Do not post pictures that dodge a censor. Edit it out first or don't post it at all.
just had a thought....what if this guy pulled a Manaphy/Phione with Cosmog? Or something similar?

Cosmog is a nebula...'baby stars' or dust clouds that are remnants of other stars after they died...Necrozma has 'Necro' in its name and is associated with light...perhaps its a blackhole? Which are also formed after the death of a star...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Considering people haven't let go of the situation once that entire decade and we're still not allowed to have multiple playable characters in the mainline games because of it, it certainly is hard to believe that such a long time has passed.

. . .*sigh* I just want Tails back, man. How many more decades am I going to have to wait for that?

. . .Also oh look it's Bob the Tomato.
No decades.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait where does the necrozma pic with that url come from? I can't find it.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
That Fantasy Strike game looks incredibly boring and slow.
I'm actually doing some research into the game actually. If I'm reading it right, there's a lot of odd decisions with this game. Like no crouch state, no-button throw tech, throwable jump start-up.

I'm for more accessibility in the fighting genre itself, but I don't think the choices being made here are necessarily the right ones. Even more popular genres like MOBAs and fpses require a decent amount of decision making and execution. Perhaps fighting games a bit more so, but still.

Ultimately, I think the more causal player will still stick to something like OW or LoL. Fighting games place a lot of the onus in the individual which, while that appeals to me personally, may drive away a lot of people. Who knows? Maybe the game will turn out alright in the end. It could be a nice gateway into the big leagues.

Core-A-Gaming did a nice video on the difficulty of the figthting game genre. It's a good watch for just about anyone with a interest in the genre and articulates my ideas way better than I could.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No decades.

I really hope someone hands those guys a Switch devkit soon.

I really wish Sonic Team would put Tails into a mainline game themselves again someday, though. Every time Tails is playable for the past decade he's either left to games that need a huge roster in general or handed to someone else.

And Mania's looking great, but what happened before that? Sonic 4 Episode 2, which was OK but extremely disappointing in that Tails didn't actually feel legitimately playable, and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, which. . .yeah that helps nothing.

If Tails decided to defy the laws of logic and get into Smash, that would probably still be closer to him being properly in a traditional game than anything except Mania that has been released after Sonic '06. . .Well, except Sonic CD, but chalk that up to Taxman being the only ones to make him enjoyably playable lately.

*EDIT* Well I guess I've never played the Rivals games since I never owned a PSP. I heard those were all like the Tails levels in Adventure but in 2D and I didn't really like that gimmick though, so I'm not sure if I'd enjoy those. . .

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic is basically in Dimensions now. Expect to see more gameplay soon from people who own the figure already.

IMG_20161114_204001.jpg

IMAG0538.jpg

The actual level pack can't be downloaded, but Sonic himself should be playable and his Adventure World might be playable.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm actually doing some research into the game actually. If I'm reading it right, there's a lot of odd decisions with this game. Like no crouch state, no-button throw tech, throwable jump start-up.

I'm for more accessibility in the fighting genre itself, but I don't think the choices being made here are necessarily the right ones. Even more popular genres like MOBAs and fpses require a decent amount of decision making and execution. Perhaps fighting games a bit more so, but still.

Ultimately, I think the more causal player will still stick to something like OW or LoL. Fighting games place a lot of the onus in the individual which, while that appeals to me personally, may drive away a lot of people. Who knows? Maybe the game will turn out alright in the end. It could be a nice gateway into the big leagues.

Core-A-Gaming did a nice video on the difficulty of the figthting game genre. It's a good watch for just about anyone with a interest in the genre and articulates my ideas way better than I could.

I honestly think Rising Thunder did a better job at making fighting games more accessible since it mostly removed the input barrier other fighting games have.

But then again, I'm basically an informed casual, so I know how to do inputs like qcb -> hcf + P consistently :p

Last edited:

Soul.

Yo... does Kommo-o get Shell Smash?
is this a programming error or something. perhaps it's a special event/Egg move?

Chrono.

I know we already knew because lolleaks, but it's still nice we got a confirmation that Lycanroc isn't 100% version exclusive.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know we already knew because lolleaks, but it's still nice we got a confirmation that Lycanroc isn't 100% version exclusive.

And this is why we eventually get the option to play in the opposite time of day later on. Perfect.

-------------

As for 06 talk, I really need to get back to playing it. Still is ultimately one of my favorite Sonic games till Lost World came along. But keep in mind I hate the Mach Speed section and the Day Stages didn't give me enough immense control to feel like a huge step up from it, so I feel a bit burned by that type of gameplay.

D

Deleted member

I honestly think Rising Thunder did a better job at making fighting games more accessible since it mostly removed the input barrier other fighting games have.

But then again, I'm basically an informed casual, so I know how to do inputs like qcb -> hcf + P consistently :p
I always thought those motions were very easy. At most for some games I had issues with doing double qcb, but I learned that the problem was that I didn't put enough emphasis on the second forward. The only ones I have issue doing consistently are formerly the charge supers(Which I now how to do consistently), sometimes double full circle motion, and most of the time complicated and confusing motions that mostly come from Fatal Fury games.(Such as Geese's pretzel motion, just ones that are very specific and much longer than usual.) Though even those complicated ones depend on the game, for an example, I am able to do Vega's flying barcelona special in Street Fighter 4, yet I have trouble doing it consistently in CvS2. Other moves like the previously mentioned pretzel also vary consistency game to game despite it being the exact same motion.

Then again, most friends and people that I know have trouble doing a basic hadoken motion. One of my friends that I just had over this weekend, for an example, can sometimes do that motion if he does it over and over, then he might get one or two out of it. But he can't do it consistently at all. Then again he often pulls off weird stuff that I question whenever he just randomly goes at it, throwing around random commands and button combinations. Whether it be combos or raging demons. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait what?

Doesn't the game have natural time progression like the last games?
From what I understand, no. You can only play in sunlight or moonlight. When you beat the game, you get the option to play in the other one.

Keep in mind I read all this offhand, so anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom