• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well fair enough, I don't really know much about Undertale obviou- wait why fire and normal though.
Their personalities. Sans is easy-going and laid back while Papyrus is invigorated and outgoing. Didn't go with Electric for Papyrus because of Alphys.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isn't Dark Link Link's shadow in Ocarina of Time? Or at least his reflection?

Well you asked, thus you received. :p Regardless, shipping has no boundaries and is about as prominent as "If it exists, there is ____ of it." I mean, according to some other poster, there is someone who ships Spiderman and Lucina. *insert Jackin Chan "Wut?" image here*
No, I was talking about "let's not talk about finding pictures" as the issue.

And no, he's not a reflection in OOT. At least, it's not implied what his origin is. He's just called your dark half. Nobody knows. He's however in a Water Temple and only appears after you're in an area full of a lot of water. It may just be some creature made by Morpha. I should look it up on Zelda Wikia. I think it's just a separate entity in that game. That said, he's his own person in the Four Swords games regardless.

I checked the wikia. There's nothing very clear on what the hell he is in general. He's one of the most mysterious characters in the Zelda series.

Ivander

Smash Legend
And no, he's not a reflection in OOT. At least, it's not implied what his origin is. He's just called your dark half. Nobody knows. He's however in a Water Temple and only appears after you're in an area full of a lot of water. It may just be some creature made by Morpha. I should look it up on Zelda Wikia. I think it's just a separate entity in that game. That said, he's his own person in the Four Swords games regardless.
I could've swore he was your reflection cause I thought in the place you fought him, you couldn't see your own reflection in the water or you saw Dark Link in the water instead.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I could've swore he was your reflection cause I thought in the place you fought him, you couldn't see your own reflection in the water or you saw Dark Link in the water instead.
Yes, that's how he forms. We don't know if that's just some summoning tool or whatever. The only thing Navi says is "Conquer yourself!" and that's it.

It's also not too clear on the Zelda II version how he works. He could just be a shadow separated from you that you have to fight, which is pretty reasonable. Doesn't apply to Shadow Link(which is the name of the Four Swords enemy that fully exists separate from you in every way. The story doesn't imply he's your shadow either. Notably, it does have your weapons, so it could be a Dark World counterpart instead, which is pretty logical in a sense... if the Dark World worked that way. It's a strange one).

I think it's a reflection, but coming from water specifically, it's most likely Morpha did summon it. Likely just taking your shadow away for a fight, and then it goes back to you. Do note he's a separate creature in the Valiant Comics as well, so it's probably that he has a mind of his own at this point. Like how many characters can be separated into a Good/Evil duo. It's a pretty common thing played in various media.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I usually think of Dark Link to Link as Dark Pit is to Pit. They're essentially the same character as the original and came from the original in some way, but have their own identity and personality.

The biggest difference being that I like Dark Pit way more.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Happy 16th anniversary Skies of Arcadia.

Easily one of the best RPG's I've ever played on the Dreamcast. Seeing Vyse's original voice actor reprise his role in Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed bought tears to my eyes just like Rogue's Landing did for the original producer of the game.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Z-Mirror Move uses the Z-Move version of the last attack

So, if they attack you with an ice attack, you mimic it but turn it into it's Z-Move version

Edit: It ALSO greatly increases Attack!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really want to know all the variations of Z moves.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im cancelling my SM preorder because of this. /s

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG

Z-Belly Drum gives you max attack and fully heals your pokemon

Edit: Eh, actually it probably applies the effect BEFORE Belly drum...

So, all it's going to do is heal you fully THEN take away your HP

In other words, it's more of a desperation Z-move

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Im cancelling my SM preorder because of this. /s
For some reason, I had suspected it was a serious spoiler in the game before I clicked on the spoiler button (against my better judgment), but I was not expecting this at all. Thankfully, it does not ruin the entire game for me other then now knowing Alola is a central spot for taking selfies with I-Phone's after losing battles. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know you guys are sick at politics

But

After vote were finished adding up, Trump won both the popular AND electoral votes

Google hasn't reported it for some reason

Michigan took their damn time and didn't release the result until DAYS after election day

Edit:

Actually, I'm not sure this is true or not

OMG finding out what's true is impossible

Edit 2: I found out what the "source" for this was. It's making an assumption based on uncounted absentee ballots. Assumption being the key word. It's assuming that military absentee voted in the same % of republican and democrat they usually do

Edit 3: Absentee Ballots are not "Counted only in situations where the state is contested". Apparently that is a lie.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nope, I'm done. So much propaganda and straight up lying go around the internet

It's impossible to tell what's true or not

Not even "news" sources are telling the truth.

I give up, there is no truth

Edit: I was kind of hoping it was true so that people would stop this whole Electoral College vs Popular Vote thing that's getting insane.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hmmm, takes quite a while.....but I like going back and looking at my past timeline posts on facebook. Reminds me of how either smart, or dumb, I was at the time......

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When you summon the Tornado in Sonic's Adventure World in LEGO Dimensions (and possibly level), Tails will be in the pilot's seat while Sonic (and maybe any other characters you play as) hop on the wing instead. Really neat touch.

Also more environments.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Just finished re-watching the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super.

...And it's official, Zamasu and Cell are my most favourite DB villains of all time.

Watching Zamasu progressively lose his sanity was awesome, coupled with the amazing voice acting too.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Interesting... So if this is true then it can't be that powerful.
It has to be able to run in handheld mode without turning into a substitute heater and running out of battery in 30 minutes, it's been a general assumption that it wouldn't be quite up to the level of the other systems for a while now.

Whether it can handle ports from said systems prior to the majority of them jumping onto the 4K/high power train is another matter.

Terraria might have potentially been implied to run on it in ways that wouldn't have worked on the Wii U, and Sonic Project 2017 was listed for the system.

The general ballpark people have been saying it's at is. . .about 2x Wii U, from what I remember?

But the system as a whole is a network of tradeoffs. In exchange for being a bit less powerful than other systems and having the battery life of an Nvidia Shield, the system would presumably get the majority of Nintendo's library phased onto it with formerly handheld-locked IPs running at console-level graphics. . .not a Pokemon MMO mind you, people are jumping the gun with that. But 720p Pokemon when under the old two system structure it might have taken another generation otherwise, yes. And that's not counting if it overclocks while docked, in which case make that 1080p Pokemon.

If people want it to specialize one way or another then they'll probably be disappointed, but there are perks to the hybrid setup.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All evolution methods for the new SM mons and Alolan forms
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1190605-pokemon-sun-and-moon
Click at your own risk
I wouldn't have thought of another 'needs X move to evolve' mon being here, good thing I now know how to get Tsarina!

Also I just realized something. Nintendo said they wanted games and **** to be more affordable. The Switch being pretty cheap alongside cartridges being better than disks is amazing for wallets everywhere.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Remember that if Nintendo plays their cards right, they can sell games for much cheaper than competitors. Imagine buying a console level game for handheld prices.

/pipe dreams

EDIT: Gwen up ^there^ has the idea.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The more I think about the Switch, the better it seems
Multiple ways to control the game in case you prefer a different style
You can take it with you on the train if you want
Third Party support
So far it's been shown to run some pretty good, yet possibly taxing games, and the dock enhances it's performance, so it's going to be pretty strong
Nintendo has taken lessons in the marketing department (no kids, but adults in the reveal trailer, which has a bigger impact than you'd think)
Cheaper price
Only real issue is backwards compatibility, though if the 'no physical backwards compatibility' statement means anything, digital games at the very least can be put on the system

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Today is the 10th anniversary of Sonic 06.
Truly one of the greatest games of our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom