• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Here's how Batman the TaleTell game will look like

image.jpeg

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We have Mario Party 3DS. It's called Mario Party: Island Tour.
Then my mistake. I must have misread the list of Mario Party games I read when I first heard that explanation of N-Stars.

Well then I guess the chance of it actually being experimental might have gone up a little bit. Here's to hoping the "N" implies a bit of crossover action after all. It'd certainly spice up E3.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sometimes words can't well express how one feels during a tragedy, but I'll try anyway.

I really hope the families of the victims of the shooting in Orlando today find peace. Thread titles can only fit so many words, and there's lots to be said. The fact that these tragedies keep happening is terrible, plain and simple.

Also sorry for two depressing titles in a row just before E3. Hoping E3 will bring something to lighten the mood. :p

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Then my mistake. I must have misread the list of Mario Party games I read when I first heard that explanation of N-Stars.

Well then I guess the chance of it actually being experimental might have gone up a little bit. Here's to hoping the "N" implies a bit of crossover action after all. It'd certainly spice up E3.
Perhaps it's that Smash Bros/Mario Party adaptation we were all waiting for...?

Hopefully?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Sees E3 schedule*

Looks like I won't be able watch either Nintendo or Microsoft live due to work.

Don't care about the other shows.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I thought at first that it could be connected to Christina's shooting. Too close together in one city.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
N Stars should be a crossover with a title like that. Still just waiting on a Mario and DK crossover platformer myself. Such easy money being in the same universe and all that.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Twitter is terrible today. Can't go on there without someone trying to turn a tragedy into a political discussion.

Reddit is terrible. r/News mods are censoring news reports about the shooting because the shooter is islamic. And they don't want "Anti-Islamic Comments". Yet for any shooting that is from a white person or of any other religion (although, the numbers with other religions are significantly less) they'll allow those facts in the titles. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

You know something is wrong when the Donald Trump subreddit is the only one that is actually reporting the actual news.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Smash Tour.
I found Smash Tour pretty fun if it wasn't made to be complicated as hell.

If they just simplified it then it wouldn't be a problem.

Like have various matches have a gimmick but no powerups until the final match.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
On the shootings in Florida: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
But, I admit it's early for me to judge this particular shooting (due my lack of information).
On the other hand, what I've been learning about false flags and the "deep state" as of late are horrifying.
This could easily be another honeypot FBI plant soliciting extremist violence from a mentally unstable man.
I wouldn't put it past them.
Or it's blowback. Either way...

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Twitter is terrible today. Can't go on there without someone trying to turn a tragedy into a political discussion.

Reddit is terrible. r/News mods are censoring news reports about the shooting because the shooter is islamic. And they don't want "Anti-Islamic Comments". Yet for any shooting that is from a white person or of any other religion (although, the numbers with other religions are significantly less) they'll allow those facts in the titles. The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

You know something is wrong when the Donald Trump subreddit is the only one that is actually reporting the actual news.
I disagree. It's always been time to talk about gun control. The sad reality is that people are only willing to do something about it when they are reminded just how broken the system is in America.

It has everything to do with gun control. The guy was apparently on the police's radar for years, and was still allowed to buy a gun.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It has everything to do with gun control. The guy was apparently on the police's radar for years, and was still allowed to buy a gun.
If we want to go the conspiracy route, the FBI held things back so they could proceed with a false flag operation.
If we want to cling to the classic debate, I'd say that emergent preventative and response measures in civil society operate optimally when there is no political impediment, and are all around superior to political preventative and responsive measures. Bureaucratization, as I see it, inherently makes a society less safe.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Places like Reddit have been doing this for a long time, it's just now more noticeable because it's happening in America

People aren't allowed to talk bad about "The religion of peace"

Strofirko

Smash Master
In less than 12 hours the thing turned into a political ****fest,considering the stuff happening on my country about collective **** allegations,for me it is tuesday.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow, if that's real then that's depressing. :\

Now I feel like I would be disrespectful posting stuff not in relation to this topic. So I will spoiler, just more modding talk:

I was going to make a mod for giving the FE characters their Codename STEAM Special themes as Victory themes, but someone literally just uploaded one 2 hours ago.

But I am also going to try and make an English VA Marth mod. Someone already made one with the Codename STEAM voice clips but the Fates ones are better and have more to work with IMO.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Here's why some of the rumors might not end up being true. With the amount of conflicting rumors (from people claiming to have sources) on E3/NX, I decided to discuss some possible explanations on why some of them might be wrong besides "they are lying for attention".

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's really disgusting what happened. And this hits pretty close to me considering I'm gay myself. But I'm really tired of the double standards of 'liberals' who chatise Christianity for homophobia yet turn a blind eye for Islam.

What they seem to forget is that Christianity and many other religions reformed like the new testament. Islam doesn't have any equivalent to the new testament.

Sorry I'm just pretty angry this morning.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I woke up to my news feed saying 2 things, and only 2 things

Islamic radical kills 50 at night club - Blame Islam

Worst mass shooting in history - Ban guns

NOTHING in the middle

One side blaming Islam, the other blaming guns. One side saying the only reason the guy was allowed a gun even though he was under investigation is because of political correctness, the other side saying we need to increase gun restrictions on everyone, etc.

It is a little unbelievable this guy was allowed a concealed carry permit.

It's really disgusting what happened. And this hits pretty close to me considering I'm gay myself. But I'm really tired of the double standards of 'liberals' who chatise Christianity for homophobia yet turn a blind eye for Islam.

What they seem to forget is that Christianity and many other religions reformed like the new testament. Islam doesn't have any equivalent to the new testament.

It's because Christianity is the "religion of white people", and with progressive mentality that means it's free game. But only it

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly I'm not sure what to feel.

Do I feel sad that 50 people were undeservingly killed?
Do I feel numb that this is just another shooting in a long line of American shootings?
Or do I feel enraged that people are trying to exploits these people's lives for their own personal agendas?

Just what the hell is going on in America anymore?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Let's not get into this.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, err, let's steer into something a bit more friendly.

Rock Climbing in Zelda Wii U. Discuss. Stare in awe.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
With the Orlando shooting I can only repeat what has been said before really.

I'll spoiler tag this out of respect and because somewhat big image is big.
E3 bingo sheet done.
Got lazy and couldn't bother to do images.
E3 bingo.png

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Is this how it's going to happen?

The Left blames guns, the Right blames Islam, everybody just uses the situation to push their own agendas?

Because both sides are wrong. It's not guns that caused this, it's not people having a religion that's not yours that caused this. Even if you took away every gun, even if you forced the country to have one sole religious belief or lack thereof, people would still find a way to kill each other in massive numbers. You're still going to have bombers, you're still going to have radical maniacs. The type of beliefs ISIS has don't even match up with Islam. I'm pretty sure any ordinary Islamic person would be quick to point out that murder is a sin. Granted, I haven't read the Koran, but murder's been a sin since the Old Testament and Islam is still a branch religion from Judaism the same as Christianity.

I know people are desperate to look for something to blame, some vague societal concept you could get rid of and it would suddenly make the world all better, but you're never going to find it. This happened because one person was mentally disturbed and everyone decided they were better off just watching than actually doing anything about it. If you feel you're absolutely compelled to blame anything here, blame human apathy.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is this how it's going to happen?

The Left blames guns, the Right blames Islam, everybody just uses the situation to push their own agendas?

Because both sides are wrong. It's not guns that caused this, it's not people having a religion that's not yours that caused this. Even if you took away every gun, even if you forced the country to have one sole religious belief or lack thereof, people would still find a way to kill each other in massive numbers. You're still going to have bombers, you're still going to have radical maniacs. The type of beliefs ISIS has don't even match up with Islam. I'm pretty sure any ordinary Islamic person would be quick to point out that murder is a sin. Granted, I haven't read the Koran, but murder's been a sin since the Old Testament and Islam is still a branch religion from Judaism the same as Christianity.

I know people are desperate to look for something to blame, some vague societal concept you could get rid of and it would suddenly make the world all better, but you're never going to find it. This happened because one person was mentally disturbed and everyone decided they were better off just watching than actually doing anything about it. If you feel you're absolutely compelled to blame anything here, blame human apathy.
It's honestly complicated the event's circumstances is just begging to be politicised.

Although the most glaring point was that he was legally allowed to buy an assault rifle despite being on the FBI's watchlist for 5 years. That makes no sense at all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/...ube-show-on-monday-new-announcement-incoming/

Before Nintendo's E3 Treehouse event on Tuesday, Nintendo will make a surprise appearance on Monday's YouTube live E3 show from 5:30 - 6:00 PM EST.

INB4 "ZOMG MOTHER 3 GUIZ!!ONE!"
If it's an announcement of anything, I'm going to guess N-Stars just because we know that's leaked and it's not too horribly much in the way of wishful thinking.

Not that I think Mother 3 is impossible, I just think they might save it for the NX.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"nintendo will make a surprise apearence" i dont think people understand what surprise means anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom