• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Look at the bright side: At least Nintendo isn't going to have a disappointing conference!

:troll:

. . .But really, after last year I'm kinda legit glad they skipped out. People get their hopes so overly high at E3 that they'd get nothing but negative reactions from anything they had to show there. Zelda might be some kind of Sacred Cow exception considering 8.8 and all, but that's about the only thing that wouldn't be all but guaranteed to be ripped to shreds. And look what's the only thing there. . .? :troll:

And honestly, after 2015 I don't think we even deserve Nintendo at E3 this year. This fandom could use a year to sit in the corner and think about what we did.
I think lots of Nintendo fans can learn to not overhype themselves by Nintendo not having a E3 direct or conference. Implicit learning at its finest.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I have been busy for most of the weekend and now that I'm finally free I come back to this
I knew the moment I heard about it that it was going to be politicized
*sigh*

Well, at least I had fun last night, watching my friends do stuff I'm not allowed to talk about here due to Forum rules is the best way to entertain oneself
And another week, another entrance exam, I just want my vacation already

So, E3? I had forgotten it was this week lol
I know we won't be getting anything from Pokemon seeing as CoroCoro leaked the two new Pokemon already
I guess I have Zelda to be hyped for, hype train?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wow. Such an exciting Star Wars portion of the EA press conference!

#Sarcasm #WTFWasThat #THEYDIDNTEVENGIVETITLES

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Too busy having to pay for his son's FIFA Ultimate Team bull****.

D

Deleted member

Is this how it's going to happen?

The Left blames guns, the Right blames Islam, everybody just uses the situation to push their own agendas?

Because both sides are wrong. It's not guns that caused this, it's not people having a religion that's not yours that caused this. Even if you took away every gun, even if you forced the country to have one sole religious belief or lack thereof, people would still find a way to kill each other in massive numbers. You're still going to have bombers, you're still going to have radical maniacs. The type of beliefs ISIS has don't even match up with Islam. I'm pretty sure any ordinary Islamic person would be quick to point out that murder is a sin. Granted, I haven't read the Koran, but murder's been a sin since the Old Testament and Islam is still a branch religion from Judaism the same as Christianity.
You should actually read the Quaran then, it's a lot more violent and gruesome then Judaism and Christianity. For an example killing an innocent person in Islam is a sin. But, there are many punisments in the Quaran, many things you can't do. In this case, being homosexual is punishable by death. So under the Quaran, he technically did the right thing. Though something to keep in mind is that there are many different sects of Islam just like Christianity, this doesn't apply to all of them. But still, it's made quite clear that his motivation was from the Islamic State from many, many sources. And it seems that no matter how many people are killed under the Islamic State, many people refuse that Islam itself has anything to do with it.

And facts, are facts. It's not "Islamphobic". The flat out truth is that the middle east is very, very sheltered from western society and we must be very wary of that. Their lives are a lot more violent. For an example, I have friend that lives in Saudi Arabia, and used to live in Syria up until recently. He has a lot of tales to tell, so much so he asks me about what I've experienced.... And I really don't know what to tell him, nothing I've really experienced in my life really compares much to his. He's been through a lot, and yet he treats he very casually for some reason. Two examples he gave me were his town being bombed by mortars or one time he even almost walked into gunfire on a street, but he avoided it by going through a building nearby. He's also mentioned to me that he's careful about what he draws, and he can't draw NSFW drawings of males for his own safety. And just so it's clear that I'm not making this up, this is his DA account.
http://zoomsix.deviantart.com/

But my point is, I'm not saying that we should do some Donald Trump type things like just ban Islam altogether, but at the same time we must be very cautious and consider facts even if the other side of the political spectrum are mostly the people considering them. And that is why I am very, very moderate.... The whole idea of two sides only polarizes people from truth regardless.

Anyway, that's about as short as I can put it. But I just wanted to bring another perspective into that discussion rather than have things be sheltered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is this the new state of E3? Because remember when E3 used to be so exciting that you even had a hard time deciding who won E3? Like every show had some exciting reveal of a game or new hardware that blew your mind.

And now it's just....dying...it feels like.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Judging by the comments, I'm glad I decided not to watch this.
Highlights were:
Titanfall 2 which literally kicked it off.
Fe looked nice.
Respawn making a Star Wars game excites me.

That's about it.
Gonna watch the 64 player game to judge Battlefield and even then it's a controlled environment.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So how about how excited A list Hollywood actors Jamie Foxx and Zac Efron were to play that Battlefield?

Dude, they were so excited.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
At least they're actually playing Battlefield on a PC instead of "on a console"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is this the new state of E3? Because remember when E3 used to be so exciting that you even had a hard time deciding who won E3? Like every show had some exciting reveal of a game or new hardware that blew your mind.

And now it's just....dying...it feels like.
What to do you mean Roger? We have managers in soccer!
Finally! My immersion is complete! Before it was okay, but old pasty white guys reacting somewhat like people?! Well sign me up EA!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I'll take a break off the internet for a bit until things blow over. I'm not really feeling very well currently. I'll probably turn up for a bit once we know a bit more on Zelda U though. Take care.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I think I'll take a break off the internet for a bit until things blow over. I'm not really feeling very well currently. I'll probably turn up for a bit once we know a bit more on Zelda U though. Take care.
No, please, you take care of yourself.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Fem!Link may have leaked?

We've seen both of those artworks before and Link appears to be male in both.

-------------

So I didn't bother watching the EA conference as I was busy doing my English VA Marth mod...and I just didn't have much interest anyway.

It's like, 90% complete. There are a few issues I need to iron out though before I can release it with confidence:

-His counter and Final Smash voice clips are not coming out with the right voice clips, at least not the ones I intended.

-His voice is just a tad too quiet in the volume department. It's not a big deal but I should try find a way to make him sound a bit louder. Then again I was playing on the GamePad so I should test this on the TV.

-There is a bug where for some voice clips, his mouth will hang open indefinitely afterwards until he performs an action that closes it. Really strange. Not a big deal since it doesn't happen on the victory poses which is where you would most easily notice, but it leads to odd situations like this where his mouth is hanging open when it should be closed (this is his idle animation in this case). So I'd like to fix it if at all possible.

Other than those issues, it feels really cool to have Marth speaking English in Smash.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll be honest, at this point I really don't care about what Nintendo does. I'm probably gonna skip out on the Zelda U thing and read what happens with it later.

The others I might tune in to, but I think it will be like last year with not much going on apart from a few big things.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New Zelda Wii U art just came out. Leaked by Amazon.

Little bit late there. :p There's even been a GameExplain video posted about it here.

But yeah, it's really nice art. And good job with the English Marth mod so far! That's definitely something I wanted this time in Smash, but I'm still hopeful for Smash 5. There's no reason Marth shouldn't be dubbed at this point.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Little bit late there. :p There's even been a GameExplain video posted about it here.

But yeah, it's really nice art. And good job with the English Marth mod so far! That's definitely something I wanted this time in Smash, but I'm still hopeful for Smash 5. There's no reason Marth shouldn't be dubbed at this point.
I think Smash 4 came out a bit early for him to be dubbed this time around, considering Codename STEAM didn't come out until early 2015, but I think they will do it for at least the next proper installment of the series (he'll probably still have a Japanese voice if the NX is getting a Smash Wii U port first, though).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
And facts, are facts. It's not "Islamphobic".
Those show a thing or a group in a negative and inegalitarian light, so those would be bigoted/islamophobic facts. (hater, bigot, prejudiced, whatever-ism and whatever-phobia are pretty much just buzzwords anyway)
However, they would still be facts, nonetheless.

Truth is truth. Facts are facts, regardless of how bigoted or offensive they are.

----

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just took a look at some highlights from EA's presentation.

The thing that really stood out to me was Fe; it looks incredibly interesting, almost like "Fantasia but a video game" if that makes sense, with how it relies solely on music with no dialogue.

Consider me intrigued. :p Hope it comes to NX.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those show a thing or a group in a negative and inegalitarian light, so those would be bigoted/islamophobic facts. (hater, bigot, prejudiced, whatever-ism and whatever-phobia are pretty much just buzzwords anyway)
However, they would still be facts, nonetheless.

Truth is truth. Facts are facts, regardless of how bigoted or offensive they are.

----
A fact can't be bigoted

Bigotry is based on opinions/ beliefs instead of facts.

Shed=painted

Missed the EA presentation but in every E3 I have watched they have always been the worst by a longshot

Now to get caught up on Fe and Star Wars apparently

Ubisoft.
That's my counter argument.
Ubi last year showed off like 4 awesome looking games for hardcore and some games casual fans like (or at least I think it was that year)

Im pretty sure one of those was the Division but at least that one was cool up until it was released. The year before that was prety decent as well if I remember other than way too muc Just Dance (that was pretty bad)

I think the only good I can remember from EA over any E3 was Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2

Iron (Fe) looks pretty strange but I at least want to know more so that's nice. Although i'm glad I wasn't around (may not have watched anyway)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom