• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ubi last year showed off like 4 awesome looking games for hardcore and some games casual fans like (or at least I think it was that year)

Im pretty sure one of those was the Division but at least that one was cool up until it was released. The year before that was prety decent as well if I remember other than way too muc Just Dance (that was pretty bad)

I think the only good I can remember from EA over any E3 was Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2

Iron (Fe) looks pretty strange but I at least want to know more so that's nice. Although i'm glad I wasn't around (may not have watched anyway)
Oh I'm not saying that Ubi hasn't done better.
But damn if it isn't close at times.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Only Gamexplain would make a 6 minute analysis of a single picture.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't quite want to have dubbed Marth in upcoming Smash games. =/

I mean, I can live with that (since his English voice isn't bad), but for me, Marth having any different voice and not speaking Japanese just doesn't feel right after so many years.

Same thing with Roy.

(If only there was a voice toggle for each character like SFIV has...)

As for Zelda Wii U/NX, it's probably the only thing about E3 that I'm remotely excited for. I'm not really excited for this year's E3 in the first place and there isn't much that I care about.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone know where Bethesda's conference will be shown and where I can find a full version of it if I can't stay awake long enough for it?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If Elder Scrolls VI is announced tonight. I'm hoping it's set in the Summerset Isles, I really want to fight and end the Thalmor once and for all.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Missed the EA conference earlier (didn't even know it was on tbh), but I glossed through the conference to see what's what...

Mass Effect's the only IP I'm really interested in from EA anyways...nothing else really stood out to me...Fe was...interesting but probably not something I'd invest in...

Andromeda is looking pretty solid though, Krogan and Asari confirmed...but gonna have to wait till fall for more info, hoping for an NX release at the very least...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ubi last year showed off like 4 awesome looking games for hardcore and some games casual fans like (or at least I think it was that year)

Im pretty sure one of those was the Division but at least that one was cool up until it was released. The year before that was prety decent as well if I remember other than way too muc Just Dance (that was pretty bad)

I think the only good I can remember from EA over any E3 was Battlefront and Mirror's Edge 2

Iron (Fe) looks pretty strange but I at least want to know more so that's nice. Although i'm glad I wasn't around (may not have watched anyway)
I read something about The Division today. Apparently it's lost 90% of the playerbase that was present at launch, or something like that. That's pretty terrible.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think the biggest question is:
Why from all the big western third-party companies,EA and Ubisoft constantly try it?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Despite the little teaser about the Year of the Monkey earlier this year, I'm not convinced that Sony will ever consider making a new Ape Escape project.

Yes, I'm just trying to avoid any form of disappointment after hearing about Crash's invitation to Skylanders Hell.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember in the past spending $40 every Sunday for groceries for the week.

I just freaked out at spending $15. I think that plus what I have will last a while.

I dunno if it's because funds have been tighter or it's just me.

Strofirko

Smash Master
If crash big return is skylanders,I will uncontrollably laugh from the mass meltdown of his respective widows.
I know it is a jerk move but I am really not a fan how the fanbase overboast the franchise.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Despite the little teaser about the Year of the Monkey earlier this year, I'm not convinced that Sony will ever consider making a new Ape Escape project.

Yes, I'm just trying to avoid any form of disappointment after hearing about Crash's invitation to Skylanders Hell.
Honestly.
When PSABR happened...
I found out that there were games made past AE3 and that shocked me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And honestly, after 2015 I don't think we even deserve Nintendo at E3 this year. This fandom could use a year to sit in the corner and think about what we did.
What did we do that would necessitate not deserving Nintendo at E3 this year? From what I saw it was mostly people who were rightfully disappointed with the Digital Event and how lackluster it was. There was the whole Federation Force controversy and stuff but i'm not really all that in to Metroid to care about it that much.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
The only thing that mattered to me from EA's E3 segment was the Mass Effect info. The game already looks very visually appealing, and this new setting is going to be great. It's the best way to start over in a way without doing a reboot. Very interested to see these new species of creatures, although it seems that we won't be completely be leaving behind the old races, as there seemed to be a few Krogan and an Asari child. Also excited about the new ship, the SSV Tempest. Doesn't share that level of love with the Normandy, as initially I thought the Tempest looked pretty odd, but I've slightly warmed up to the design, and I can only imagine that I'll grow even closer to it once I play the game. The planets and their environments also look incredible. They showed off a new vehicle that looks alot like the old Mako, which hopefully means that these planets and missions will be more free-roam and less linear. All in all, a very great little taste of Andromeda, and I can't wait for more info this Fall.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So it turns out I had already set up for a Mercedes Rose Rosalina voice mod a while ago, and was able to easily implement it into the game, and that one works perfectly! So I may release that tomorrow, though I want to experiment a bit more with something regarding that. I'll make videos of my mods too when they are complete.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly.
When PSABR happened...
I found out that there were games made past AE3 and that shocked me.
Most of them were probably Japan-only (Million Monkeys) or not that popular with fanes (Ape Academy 2). There was also that PlayStation Move title, but the US only made it available through the PSN store.

I would be surprised if we even get a new game, but another small spinoff would be more likely with how many of them we've gotten within the last 8 years. All we got this year was a little tease from SCE's Japanese Twitter page about #MonkeyMaking for the #YearOfTheMonkey. We'll see what it is once the company finally spills the beans.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What did we do that would necessitate not deserving Nintendo at E3 this year? From what I saw it was mostly people who were rightfully disappointed with the Digital Event and how lackluster it was. There was the whole Federation Force controversy and stuff but i'm not really all that in to Metroid to care about it that much.
There were some people fairly noticeably saying that Iwata should die for giving them that horrible presentation.

And then, well. . .

Funny how quickly people did a 180. I was astonished people weren't celebrating with how they outright requested it.

It was bizarre to see people go from wishing for a man's death to mourning it within a matter of moments.

I should probably be proud of humanity for not being as much of a disappointment as I expected it to be. But something felt off about the way people could say stuff like that and then instantly pretend it never happened as soon as it became disrespectful of someone's memory instead of their person.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
only thing im 100% certain on this E3, New crash game,Mother 3 virtual console, New Sonic game. I guess you could throw in all the zelda nx "leaks" but im more 70/30 on it

This is one of the better responses to rampant leakage i've seen. (Seriously. . .so many leaks.)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-on-all-its-e3-leaks-tu/1100-6440726/
It's been a rough day for Microsoft. Several NeoGAF users discovered a lot of information, including videos and images, about what will be included in Microsoft's E3 2016 press conference tomorrow. These users have been slowly posting screenshots from the trailers over the course of the day. Microsoft has been largely silent, but it finally has released a statement on all of the leaks: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There were some people fairly noticeably saying that Iwata should die for giving them that horrible presentation.

And then, well. . .
Crickey, I thought most people were wanting him to get fired and not die. Well, him and Reggie.

But wishing someone's death over a bad E3 presentation is horrible. Sure there were parts of it that made me groan, but really?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nintendo's presentations themselves have been interesting, if even the games have been lackluster.

Teaming up with robot chicken and Jim Henson studios

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

And then, well. . .

Funny how quickly people did a 180. I was astonished people weren't celebrating with how they outright requested it.

It was bizarre to see people go from wishing for a man's death to mourning it within a matter of moments.

I should probably be proud of humanity for not being as much of a disappointment as I expected it to be. But something felt off about the way people could say stuff like that and then instantly pretend it never happened as soon as it became disrespectful of someone's memory instead of their person.
Whoa! Not sure where you were reading that but that's absolutely not what I was talking about. Those people saying Iwata should die are a bunch of pricks as far as i'm concerned.

What I was trying to say was that you can't blame people for being upset at Nintendo's showing at last year's E3 sans the Smash Bros stuff. Nintendo really only has itself to blame for their showing last year.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nintendo's presentations themselves have been interesting, if even the games have been lackluster.

Teaming up with robot chicken and Jim Henson studios
This I can agree with. Regardless of the reveals' qualities, the actual presentations are good due to the unique collaborations. The Robot Chicken one from 2014 is my favorite because it's ****ing Robot Chicken. :laugh:

I kind of want them to do a claymation themed show with Aardman for next year.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
But wishing someone's death over a bad E3 presentation is horrible. Sure there were parts of it that made me groan, but really?
Some people let their anger/ complainings/bad expectations make them say really horrible or stupid things. There might some that get over it, and maybe there are people who do not.

D

Deleted member

This I can agree with. Regardless of the reveals' qualities, the actual presentations are good due to the unique collaborations. The Robot Chicken one from 2014 is my favorite because it's ****ing Robot Chicken. :laugh:

I kind of want them to do a claymation themed show with Aardman for next year.
That Aardman idea is actually perfect, especially seeing how they had collaborations on the past like the Shaun the Sheep Mossy Bottom Shorts (a series of shorts featuring Shaun the Sheep that used to be exclusive to the 3DS Video service) and Shaun's recent appereance in Super Mario Maker.

I honestly think that Nintendo should start doing the same for Nintendo Directs, or at the very least, do something similar when they make the NX announcement or something (although this is assuming they stop doing Digital Events at E3, because if they don't, they should keep this concept only with the Digital Events).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You know something is wrong when the Donald Trump subreddit is the only one that is actually reporting the actual news.
And r/conspiracy
The anti-censorship culture is strong enough that general censorship can be considered a conspiracy.
It's so bloody obvious at this point that places like Reddit are astroturfed and controlled to all heck.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
EA's E3 show a cringe fest? Colored me surprised. :rolleyes:

Nintendo may not win E3 this year but there's no way they would be that bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To anyobdy that does Smash 4 Mods, i want a mod that includes the sumo sound from Ed Edd N Eddy. I don't care how, just do it.

One time they were.

The part with the Wiimote guy going nuts gets me every time.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The shooter was trained?

This... is not good.

EDIT:

Guy was a security guard?
If it's true, it's a scary prospect. I have my doubts, though. All in due time with critical and rigorous examination.

On some information being scary: people become scared when their world is turned upside down. Look throughout the Bible, and the reaction to Jesus being resurrected and the evangelization of such is "fear."
I stopped trusting my government. Admitted false flags and immoral operations aplenty, it's a fool to think none of that could happen today.
Such radical statements no longer scare me, they only encourage me to examine things more carefully than blindly trust fallible authority.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just got back from a Ninja restaurant and online today.

The FL shooting is horrible! We really need to do something, there's a mass shooting almost every day. We need to find a way to fight issis, backgrounds checks on gun owners and those buying guns. The police should be noted of the person, and if they have a record, have them tracked. I really hope we can stop these tragedies. it's disgusting to hear about them every day. I hope someone doesn't try this at E3 this year. I still remember when someone tried to shoot up the pokemon nationals last year. Thankfully they were stopped. These events need to be stopped more

Now more on topic:

All those leaks are kind of funny. Zelda U looks awesome as does the rock climbing! Looking forward to this surprise Nintendo appearance tomorrow. Betting it's N Stars.

And Happy Birthday to @Yellowlord and @LIQUID12A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom